• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Torpoleon

I actually like what they did with the Kanto/Johto Gyms and the Johto E4. I wonder if there will be gym rematches for Johto AND Kanto. We already know about E4 Rematches and that you and rival VS Clair and Lance double battle. They could have had some more/better Pokemon for some and slightly higher levels for some of the Pokemon, but, I am not complaining. The gym layouts look fantastic as well!

drl

I finnaly defeat Bugsy!

But it was hard even with a croconaw,a flaafy and a hotwoot.
That scyther was very powerfull both on defense and attack.

I'm really glad they kept the teams as close as they could to the originals, I'm loving Clair's team, especially with her now having a Gyarados. She's so awesome now. :D
I can't wait to get an English copy!

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
wow the gyms seem hard
but if you level up cyndaquil he should destroy falkner and bugsy(at least enough to outrun their pidgeotto and scyther in speed)
anyone noticed all of lances dragonairs are now dragonites?

Machete

anyone noticed all of lances dragonairs are now dragonites?
His team had 3 Dragonites in GSC, too. However, it's awesome to see him with a Salamence and a Garchomp. Now that's a Champion's team.

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
Aww... They removed the lego blocks from Blue's gym...

pokemon to challege faunlker
If you are talking about starters, Totodile is the best. Chikorita is weak to flying attacks, and Cyndaquil is weak to Mud-slap. Also, don't use the title to begin your post's sentence. It makes it harder to understand.

Chimchar15

Hey cool we got some lists of where to find the leaders, and apparently they give you their numbers so they can call you back for a rematch later on, but it's still not confirmed though. Here's the list.

Falkner; Monday - Celadon Dept. Store 4F
Bugsy; Friday - Viridian Forest
Whitney; Saturday Daytime - Goldenrod Dept. Store 6F
Morty; Daytime- Outside Tin Tower
Pryce; Saturday Morning - Lake of Rage
Clair; Saturday Morning - Dragon's Den

Hey cool we got some lists of where to find the leaders, and apparently they give you their numbers so they can call you back for a rematch later on, but it's still not confirmed though. Here's the list.

Falkner; Monday - Celadon Dept. Store 4F
Bugsy; Friday - Viridian Forest
Whitney; Saturday Daytime - Goldenrod Dept. Store 6F
Morty; Daytime- Outside Tin Tower
Pryce; Saturday Morning - Lake of Rage
Clair; Saturday Morning - Dragon's Den
Yes, and I'm loving the fact that they seem like regular people outside their gyms. That is, to anyone who doesn't know they are the gym leaders lol. I'm glad the ability to have a rematch with them returned from Emerald, and I am sure it will soon be figured out exactly how to battle with them again. I have time, since I'm not getting SS for a couple of months. However, I don't mind spoiling myself to all the information! :p

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
Found this online. Someone hacked a ROM and found this. It's the Johto and Kanto Gym Leader rematch teams!! I sent it to Serebii and Coronis, but I don't know if they'll respond.

Falkner's second team is: Lv.50 Staraptor, Lv.52 Noctowl, Lv.52 Swellow, Lv.54 Honchkrow, Lv.48 Pelipper, Lv.56 Pidgeot.

Bugsy's second team is: Lv.56 Scizor, Lv.48 Shedinja, Lv.52 Yanmega, Lv.55 Pinsir, Lv.54 Heracross, Lv.52 Vespiquen.

Whitney's second team is: Lv.52 Girafarig, Lv.50 Lickilicky, Lv.54 Bibarel, Lv.54 Delcatty, Lv.52 Clefable, Lv.58 Miltank.

Morty's second team is: Lv.52 Drifblim, Lv.52 Dusknoir, Lv.52 Sableye, Lv.54 Mismagius, Lv.57 Gengar, Lv.57 Gengar.

Pryce's second team is: Lv.56 Abomasnow, Lv.58 Dewgong, Lv.52 Glalie, Lv.52 Froslass, Lv.54 Walrein, Lv.60 Mamoswine.

Jasmine's second team is: Lv.52 Metagross, Lv.56 Magnezone, Lv.52 Skarmory, Lv.50 Bronzong, Lv.52 Empoleon, Lv.62 Steelix.

Chuck's second team is: Lv.54 Medicham, Lv.52 Hitmonchan, Lv.55 Hitmonlee, Lv.54 Breloom, Lv.56 Primeape, Lv.60 Poliwrath.

Clair's second team is: Lv.56 Gyarados, Lv.52 Dragonair, Lv.52 Aerodactyl, Lv.56 Kingdra, Lv.52 Charizard, Lv.60 Dragonite.

Brock's second team is: Lv.55 Golem, Lv.54 Relicanth, Lv.56 Omastar, Lv.61 Onix, Lv.55 Kabutops, Lv.57 Rampardos.

Misty's second team is: Lv.60 Starmie, Lv.56 Quagsire, Lv.56 Lapras, Lv.54 Lanturn, Lv.54 Floatzel, Lv.60 Milotic.

Lt. Surge's second team is: Lv.60 Raichu, Lv.52 Manectric, Lv.52 Magnezone, Lv.52 Electrode, Lv.58 Pachirisu, Lv.56 Electivire.

Erika's second team is: -Lv.54 Shiftry, Lv.53 Jumpluff, Lv.56 Victreebel, Lv.56 Bellossom, Lv.60 Tangrowth, Lv.55 Roserade.

Janine's second team is: Lv.52 Crobat, Lv.56 Weezing, Lv.52 Toxicroak, Lv.58 Ariados, Lv.59 Venomoth, Lv.55 Drapion.

Sabina's second team is: Lv.60 Alakazam, Lv.58 Espeon, Lv.56 Mr. Mime, Lv.54 Jynx, Lv.53 Wobbuffet, Lv.53 Gallade.

Blaine's second team is: Lv.54 Torkoal, Lv.57 Camerupt, Lv.60 Rapidash, Lv.58 Magcargo, Lv.54 Houndoom, Lv.62 Magmortar.

Gary's second team is: Lv.67 Exeggutor, Lv.69 Machamp, Lv.70 Rhyperior, Lv.68 Arcanine, Lv.70 Tyranitar, Lv.72 Pidgeot.

Found this online. Someone hacked a ROM and found this. It's the Johto and Kanto Gym Leader rematch teams!! I sent it to Serebii and Coronis, but I don't know if they'll respond.

Falkner's second team is: Lv.50 Staraptor, Lv.52 Noctowl, Lv.52 Swellow, Lv.54 Honchkrow, Lv.48 Pelipper, Lv.56 Pidgeot.

Bugsy's second team is: Lv.56 Scizor, Lv.48 Shedinja, Lv.52 Yanmega, Lv.55 Pinsir, Lv.54 Heracross, Lv.52 Vespiquen.

Whitney's second team is: Lv.52 Girafarig, Lv.50 Lickilicky, Lv.54 Bibarel, Lv.54 Delcatty, Lv.52 Clefable, Lv.58 Miltank.

Morty's second team is: Lv.52 Drifblim, Lv.52 Dusknoir, Lv.52 Sableye, Lv.54 Mismagius, Lv.57 Gengar, Lv.57 Gengar.

Pryce's second team is: Lv.56 Abomasnow, Lv.58 Dewgong, Lv.52 Glalie, Lv.52 Froslass, Lv.54 Walrein, Lv.60 Mamoswine.

Jasmine's second team is: Lv.52 Metagross, Lv.56 Magnezone, Lv.52 Skarmory, Lv.50 Bronzong, Lv.52 Empoleon, Lv.62 Steelix.

Chuck's second team is: Lv.54 Medicham, Lv.52 Hitmonchan, Lv.55 Hitmonlee, Lv.54 Breloom, Lv.56 Primeape, Lv.60 Poliwrath.

Clair's second team is: Lv.56 Gyarados, Lv.52 Dragonair, Lv.52 Aerodactyl, Lv.56 Kingdra, Lv.52 Charizard, Lv.60 Dragonite.

Brock's second team is: Lv.55 Golem, Lv.54 Relicanth, Lv.56 Omastar, Lv.61 Onix, Lv.55 Kabutops, Lv.57 Rampardos.

Misty's second team is: Lv.60 Starmie, Lv.56 Quagsire, Lv.56 Lapras, Lv.54 Lanturn, Lv.54 Floatzel, Lv.60 Milotic.

Lt. Surge's second team is: Lv.60 Raichu, Lv.52 Manectric, Lv.52 Magnezone, Lv.52 Electrode, Lv.58 Pachirisu, Lv.56 Electivire.

Erika's second team is: -Lv.54 Shiftry, Lv.53 Jumpluff, Lv.56 Victreebel, Lv.56 Bellossom, Lv.60 Tangrowth, Lv.55 Roserade.

Janine's second team is: Lv.52 Crobat, Lv.56 Weezing, Lv.52 Toxicroak, Lv.58 Ariados, Lv.59 Venomoth, Lv.55 Drapion.

Sabina's second team is: Lv.60 Alakazam, Lv.58 Espeon, Lv.56 Mr. Mime, Lv.54 Jynx, Lv.53 Wobbuffet, Lv.53 Gallade.

Blaine's second team is: Lv.54 Torkoal, Lv.57 Camerupt, Lv.60 Rapidash, Lv.58 Magcargo, Lv.54 Houndoom, Lv.62 Magmortar.

Gary's second team is: Lv.67 Exeggutor, Lv.69 Machamp, Lv.70 Rhyperior, Lv.68 Arcanine, Lv.70 Tyranitar, Lv.72 Pidgeot.
Yeah, they know about it. Right now Serebii is tracking down where to find all the Johto gym leaders outside their gyms, so he can get their numbers.

ijea4444

I just beat Jasmine, and I've noticed that the signature pokemon(pidgeotto/scyther/miltank/gengar /poliwrath/steelix) are extremly bulky and powerful. Steelix's irontail did more than half damage to my meganium and it was a 6 hit ko.(jasmine used potions)

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
aka Joe doesn't hack. yw

btw @ the person who said Cyndaquil is weak to Mud Slap, get updated with times, Falkner doesn't have Mud Slap anymore.

My personal opinion on the gyms...

Mareep ripped Falkner into shreds. But those who don't know you can get one before fighting him, you'll find Roost to be a *****.

Bugsy... I used Flaaffy to get rid of his Scyther, pretty easy actually (A TWave to paralyze then use the SE Thundershock of doom to KO). Special attacks are the way to go here definitely.

Whitney was easier than I expected. Then again, I used Bayleef (Magical Leaf) and her Miltank seems weaker to special attacks than physical attacks. A fellow SPP chat staffer had problems with her using Croconaw (both of us were @ the same level) so you should try special attacks (or use a rock type).

Morty was kinda hard for me. Shadow Ball is a very painful move, especially since it's special now and Gengar has way higher special attack than attack. 2HKO'd my Sandslash actually. Curse is irritating if you can't KO him fast enough cause he spammed potions on his Haunter for my battle (so my Bayleef kinda fainted...)

As for the puzzles, Bugsy's one was the one I was most interested in (or had fun with) thus far. The other 3 were kinda plain/obvious how to get to the leader.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I love the new Gyms and Elite Four places. The Gym Leaders also look equally cool, although I wish Sabrina wasn't so open with her clothing now. But I like Will's new look.

drl

These gyms are so hard to beat!

I lost to withey!
Her clefary adestroy my hotwoot on lv 17, and then my flaafy destroy her and then come Miltank to kill all my pokemon with sstomp+milk drink.

I have to train

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Now people should know why the gyms are Low level

Chimchar15

Hmm now people should think twice before making bold statements about how the low levels makes the leaders easier. I mean in D/P/Pt the leaders had higher levels but man were they easy to beat, especially Gardenia. She was child's play.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Hmm now people should think twice before making bold statements about how the low levels makes the leaders easier. I mean in D/P/Pt the leaders had higher levels but man were they easy to beat, especially Gardenia. She was child's play.

Agree... Even Volkner was easy to defeat