• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

R_N

Actually the original problem was that the Kanto Gym Leaders had lower levels than the Elite Four (except Green, and Blaine who's signature was the same level as Lance's), and so GameFreak realized that the Kanto Gym Leaders should be harder than the Elite Four, since it should be the next challenge. Yeah, it's better than nothing, but poor Johto Leaders and their Kanto Pokemon...

In the context of gym leaders, you nitwit.*
I used "overall" to include the original teams. It, especially in the context of a reply towards someone saying leader levels should be higher+that rematches were higher, followed in the same post by "especially the Kanto leaders, worked best.

Now, admittedly, while I could have included a specifier like "Leaders overall" I has assumed people would make the connection.
Like DSDark did.

*since I have to explain word choice now, I'm using nitwit in a none-serious manner.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Finally, new artwork. I'm pretty impressed. I love the artwork.
So, Lambda has a beard. It's not clear from the sprites. >___<

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
Man, I'm loving the new artwork for the Gym Leaders and the Elite 4...

DSDark

Breeder
I feel like Jasmine's artwork is awesome, but her image is poorly reflected in her sprite

HGSS_Jasmine_Art.png
JasmineHGSS.gif

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I am quite satisfied with the dress change given to Jasmine. In Gold/Silver/Crystal she seemed a bit plain, though I still liked her for her kindness and overall character. Even if the sprite is not the best I still think Jasmine was given a more unique design.

By the way, Clair's boots look like a tight, painful squeeze. Is that supposed to aid an aspiring dragon master in her training?

Tf5174

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
Like the changes, but what shocked me the most is how Karen seemed to age backwards and get her hair colour back. o.0

They also made the Kanto Gym Leaders harder by increasing all their pokemon's levels by ~10 . Meh, didn't matter as I just blitzed through them, as usual. :D

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
Like the changes, but what shocked me the most is how Karen seemed to age backwards and get her hair colour back. o.0

They also made the Kanto Gym Leaders harder by increasing all their pokemon's levels by ~10 . Meh, didn't matter as I just blitzed through them, as usual. :D

lol same, the gyms SUUUUUUUCK

P.S. Arrange the words in bold into a structured sentence because that's what she said

Edit: is Red a one time thing?

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
lol same, the gyms SUUUUUUUCK

P.S. Arrange the words in bold into a structured sentence because that's what she said

Edit: is Red a one time thing?

red reappears each time after you beat the elite 4

Rachael

The Gym Leaders have been fun so far. I picked Chikorita, so the first two gyms were the hardest. Especially that damn Scyther of Bugsy's...

The E4 were harder, of course. Koga's Muk was an enormous pain in the ***. Minimize+Toxic is DEADLY. Throw in an object that allows it to regain health every turn, and the fact that Koga will use a Full Restore at least once, and it took me forever to beat. But I had plenty of Revives and Full Restores myself, and I eventually outlasted him.

The Kanto gyms have been good as well. I did lose to Sabrina a couple of times, but that's about it.

I love the new art of the Johto gym leaders! Morty looks less stoned and more like he's just relaxed. Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, and Jasmine are all cute. I love Whitney's outfit! And Will looks damn sexy, haha.

Chimchar15

The Gym Leaders have been fun so far. I picked Chikorita, so the first two gyms were the hardest. Especially that damn Scyther of Bugsy's...

The E4 were harder, of course. Koga's Muk was an enormous pain in the ***. Minimize+Toxic is DEADLY. Throw in an object that allows it to regain health every turn, and the fact that Koga will use a Full Restore at least once, and it took me forever to beat. But I had plenty of Revives and Full Restores myself, and I eventually outlasted him.

The Kanto gyms have been good as well. I did lose to Sabrina a couple of times, but that's about it.

I love the new art of the Johto gym leaders! Morty looks less stoned and more like he's just relaxed. Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, and Jasmine are all cute. I love Whitney's outfit! And Will looks damn sexy, haha.

Wow I can't wait to battle them myself when I get an English copy of Heartgold next year.

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
Muk's Gunk Shot was annoying, knocked out my misdreavus in one hit... >.>

And then I realized it was 120 power. Ouch.

Strangely enough, neither Koga nor Janine toxiced my pokemon... Strange...

They also changed the puzzles of the gyms to make them more interactive, that was a nice touch.

Squirtle: =.="

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
Finally defeated Red, but think he's a little bit overpowered. Granted he is the final boss, but couldn't they have made an easier version of him first time round, and made a harder round 2 version as well?

I mean, I went through the game as usual, no random EV grinding or Elite Four slaughtering, I defeated every single trainer in the game on and up to Red, but my pokemon were all in the mid-60s whilst his was all in the 80s. It took a lot of resets to try and beat him, and thankfully his Snorlax, which I now discover has a move that destroyed my Mismagius* in one hit, didn't even rest once.

I'm not complaining or anything, and I did enjoy the challenge, but a 20+ level skip from Blue (Green) to Red is just a tad much.

Better to have a Round 1 Red with pokemon in the mid 70s to low 80s and also have a Round 2 Red with level 90s - 100s (for the challenge XD), but since its already in the game, whatever.

*For those who didn't know, Snorlax was totally subject to the mercy of Misdreavus in the G/S/C versions, as Snorlax didn't have Crunch back then, and with only Normal-Type moves it basically rendered Misdreavus god-like. In ye olde times, I just Perish Songed that Snorlax to death. :D

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Finally defeated Red, but think he's a little bit overpowered. Granted he is the final boss, but couldn't they have made an easier version of him first time round, and made a harder round 2 version as well?

I mean, I went through the game as usual, no random EV grinding or Elite Four slaughtering, I defeated every single trainer in the game on and up to Red, but my pokemon were all in the mid-60s whilst his was all in the 80s. It took a lot of resets to try and beat him, and thankfully his Snorlax, which I now discover has a move that destroyed my Mismagius* in one hit, didn't even rest once.

I'm not complaining or anything, and I did enjoy the challenge, but a 20+ level skip from Blue (Green) to Red is just a tad much.

Better to have a Round 1 Red with pokemon in the mid 70s to low 80s and also have a Round 2 Red with level 90s - 100s (for the challenge XD), but since its already in the game, whatever.

*For those who didn't know, Snorlax was totally subject to the mercy of Misdreavus in the G/S/C versions, as Snorlax didn't have Crunch back then, and with only Normal-Type moves it basically rendered Misdreavus god-like. In ye olde times, I just Perish Songed that Snorlax to death. :D

I know, I went in there with my low lvl 60's and was murdered by JUST Pikachu. I had to revive my Gengar and Curse all of his pkmn in order to win =/

That Snorlax... not cool. lol