• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Heres an idea for some hidden trainers at the end

Red
Pikachu lvl 82
Venusaur lvl 80
Charizard lvl 80
Venusaur lvl 80
Espeon lvl 81
Snorlax lvl 81

Leaf/Green/Blue (seafoam islands)
Ditto lvl 80
Granbull lvl 80
Clefable lvl 80
Wigglytuff lvl 81
Niqoqueen lvl 81
Blastoise lvl 82

himtay

E4 should be a lot stronger. I would like to see:

-first time around lvl 60-70
-second time should be around lvl 75-85

Also the final trainer should be something like:

Pikachu lvl 100
Garchomp lvl 91
Charizard lvl 95
Milotic lvl 91
Kingdra lvl 94
Tyranitar lvl 93

I'm kind of liking the idea of having Red, Blue and Leaf in the same game, it would make it kind of cool. Let's hope that they have teams similar to the manga.

Heres how I'd have their teams:

Red (Mt. Silver)
Pikachu Lvl. 88
Venusaur Lvl. 82
Poliwrath Lvl. 80
Snorlax Lvl.89
Gyarados Lvl. 84
Aerodactyl Lvl. 85

Blue (Sevii Islands (If Included))
Blastoise Lvl. 71
Wigglytuff Lvl. 67
Nidoqueen Lvl. 69
Ditto Lvl. 64
Clefable Lvl. 68
Granbull Lvl. 66

Yellow (Viridian Forest)
Pikachu Lvl. 46
Butterfree Lvl. 40
Raticate Lvl. 44
Dodrio Lvl. 43
Omastar Lvl. 42
Golem Lvl. 47

knobfire

I need movesets,NOW!
My Prefered Gym Pokemon

Falkner- Pidgey-lvl10
- Hoothoot/Skarmory-lvl13
Bugsy - Spinarak-lvl17
-Heracross-lvl18
-Syther/Scizor-lvl20
Whitney - Clefairy-lvl24
- Furret- lvl24
-Miltank-lvl27
Morty- Midreavus-lvl27
- Haunter-lvl27
-Mismagius-lvl29
-Gengar-lvl30
Chuck- Primape-lvl32
-Poliwrath-lvl34
-Machoke/Machamp-lvl36
Jasmine-Magneton/Magnezone-lvl36
-Skarmory-lvl36
-Steelix-lvl39
Pryce -Dewgong-lvl38
-Sneasel/Weavile-lvl40
-Glaceon-lvl38
-Piloswine/Mamoswine
Clair -Gyrados-lvl44
-Dragonair-lvl46
-Dragonair-lvl50
-Kingra-lvl48

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
No, thats way too high, that will turn away younger fans. Bolded is better.

you think? well i thought some of the elite four in platinum was too easy and they were the highest of any game. but that is true, it would turn away some of the younger players.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
you think? well i thought some of the elite four in platinum was too easy and they were the highest of any game. but that is true, it would turn away some of the younger players.

Do you mean first or second round? I don't think younger players would know about the updated E4, and I think they would be too preoccupied with all the new additions to Platinum to notice.

I dont know why everyone keeps giving Falkner a Skarmory, hes not getting one!

Last edited:

rob24

Desert Trainer
They should have these gym leaders and hidden trainers. I hope game freak makes this game more challenging so that we actually have to come up with winning strategies and think when we're fighting. They should also prevent us from switching pkmn every time we defeat one of their pkmn so a level of surprise could be put into the game. I would have more fun having a poisoned pidgeot for example having to fight its way out from an unsuspecting Steelix instead of switching to my typhlosion in that turn.

Falkner:
Spearow lv.13
Hoothoot lv.14
Pidgeotto lv. 16

Bugsy:
Butterfree lv.20
Beedrill lv.20
Scyther lv.23

Whitney:
Togetic lv.25
Clefable lv.27
Miltank lv.31 (Hopefully it still has Rollout)

Morty:
Haunter lv.33
Umbreon lv.34
Misdreavus lv.34
Gengar lv.36

At this point the battles should become more serious..

Chuck:
Primape lv.37
Hitmontop lv.37
Heracross lv.38
Machamp lv.39
Poliwrath lv.40

Jasmine:Magneton lv.41
Forrettress lv.42
Ampharos lv.42 (After you heal the damn thing you should fight it)
Skarmory lv.44
Steelix lv.46

Pryce
Dewgong lv.50
Cloyster lv.52
Lapras lv.52
Delibird lv.53
Piloswine lv.55

Clair:
Dragonair lv.56
Gyarados lv.57
Aerodactyl lv.58
Tyranitar lv.58
Dragonite lv.59
Kingdra lv.62

That doesn't seem overpowered does it? If the gym leaders were as intimidating as this, I would put more effort into playing the game. It was so easy to get through them in the old gold/silver that i swept most of them. Also have the last gym leader have a full team of 6. I didn't understand it when I was facing the best trainer the area and they only had like 4 pkmn.

Lastly, Gamefreak should make them fight like us, switching pkmn during the battle and using a real strategy to try and take you down. More ppl would be into the game if they actually lost once in a while to computer trainers.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Well I'm just hoping they will improve on the Gym/E4 statistics.

What I'm really hoping for is able to travel to Kanto and able to gather 16 Gym badges total. That is something I'm looking forward in seeing.

They will still have that right? Or will it be too much for a small chip to handle?

Last edited:

Bell56

The One and Only
I don't understand why people think/want Jasmin to use Ampharos in her gym. It is the light source for the lighthouse that helps boats navigate into the harbor safely. This is why it was important to heal it in the first place, it needs to stay in the light house.

Jasmin should have Steelix, Magnemite, Magneton, and either Scizor or Skarmory (depending if Bugsy or Falkner had one of them)

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
I kind of hope that change a few things with the leaders, like in Emerald how Steven was kicked out of the elite four and is replaced with Wallace and Juan takes the eighth gym for him. I hope they do something of that sort but they HAVE to keep lance! I love Lance! I wonder what he will look like in HG&SS...

John999

Poulow
Saying that Johto Dex will be renewed... I would say...

Falkner
Pidgey Lv. 10
Staravia Lv. 14

Bugsy
Kricketot Lv. 15
Burmy Lv. 16
Scyther Lv. 18

Whitney
Buneary Lv. 18
Glameow Lv. 19
Miltank Lv. 22

Morty
Haunter Lv. 23
Haunter Lv. 24
Gengar Lv. 29

Chuck
Toxicroak Lv. 26
Poliwrath Lv. 30

Jasmine
Magnemite Lv. 32
Magneton Lv. 34
Steelix Lv. 38

Pryce
Snover Lv. 36
Weavile Lv. 38
Mamoswine Lv. 41

Clair
Dragonair Lv. 39
Kingdra Lv. 42
Dragonite Lv. 46

And it would be cool like a Training Camp where you can find Gym Leaders just as Platinum or maybe rematch them in their Gym by phone found in poké gear...

Saying that Johto Dex will be renewed... I would say...

Falkner
Swellow Lv. 61
Noctowl Lv. 63
Pidgeotto Lv. 63
Staraptor Lv. 64

Bugsy
Kricketune Lv. 62
Mothim Lv. 64
Scizor Lv. 64
Yanmega Lv. 65

Whitney
Wigglituff Lv. 59
Lopunny Lv. 59
Miltank Lv. 62
Blissey Lv. 65

Morty
Mismagius Lv. 59
Dusknoir Lv. 64
Gengar Lv. 66

Chuck
Toxicroak Lv. 61
Medicham Lv. 63
Machamp Lv. 66

Jasmine
Magnezone Lv. 64
Steelix Lv. 66
Aggron Lv. 68

Pryce
Weavile Lv. 63
Abomasnow Lv. 65
Walrein Lv. 65
Mamoswine Lv. 67

Clair
Dragonite Lv. 64
Kingdra Lv. 65
Salamence Lv. 67
Garchomp Lv. 70

take out garchomp and add tyranitar

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
take out garchomp and add tyranitar
Why would you remove Garchomp. Garchomp is a Dragon type unlike Tyranitar. Give Tyranitar to the later version of Brock should there be one under his plan.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
Do you mean first or second round? I don't think younger players would know about the updated E4, and I think they would be too preoccupied with all the new additions to Platinum to notice.

I dont know why everyone keeps giving Falkner a Skartmory, hes not getting one!

i guess they give him skarmory because they think that spikes and roar would be good???
and i mean the second part.

League

Master Abra Catcher
Original Falkner (Mud-Slap**Tutor Move currently): Pidgey L7/ Pidgeotto L9
Original Bugsy (Fury Cutter**): Metapod L14/ Kakuna L14/ Scyther L16
Original Whitney (Attract*TM currently): Clefairy L18/ Miltank L20
Original Morty (Shadow Ball*): Gastly L21/ Haunter L21/ Gengar L25/ Haunter L23
Original Chuck (Dynamic Punch): Primeape L27/ Poliwrath L30
Original Jasmine (Iron Tail*): Magnemite L30/ Magnemite L30/ Steelix L35
Original Pryce (Icy Wind**): Seel L27/ Dewgong L29/ Piloswine L31
Original Claire (Dragonbreath): Dragonair L37/ Dragonair L37/ Dragonair L37/ Kingdra L 40

Original Will: Xatu L40/ Jinx L41/ Exxegutor L41/ Slowbro L41/ Xatu L42
Original Koga: Ariados L40/ Venomoth L41/ Forrtress L43/ Muk L42/ Crobat L44
Original Bruno: Hitmontop L42/ Onix L43/ Hitmonchan L42/ Hitmonlee L42/ Machamp L46
Original Karen: Umbreon L42/ Vileplume L42/ Murkrow L44/ Gengar L45/ Houndoom L47
Original Lance: Gyarados L44/ Dragonite L47/ Dragonite L47/ Aerodactyl L46/ Charizard L46/ Dragonite L50

Original Lt. Surge: Raichu L44/ Electrode L40/ Magneton L40/ Electrode L40/ Electabuzz L46
Original Sabrina: Espeon L46/ Mr. Mime L46/ Alakazam L48
Original Misty: Golduck L42/ Quagsire L42/ Lapras L44/ Starmie L47
Original Erika (Giga Drain*): Tangela L42/ Jumpluff L41/ Victreebell L46/ Bellossom L46
Original Janine (Toxic*): Crobat L36/ Weezing L36/ Weezing L36/ Ariados L33/ Venomoth L39
Original Brock: Graveler L41/ Rhyhorn L41/ Omastar L42/ Onix L44/ Kabutops L42
Original Blaine: Magcargo L45/ Magmar L45/ Rapidash L50
Original Blue: Pidgeot L56/ Alakazam L54/ Rhydon L56/ Gyarados L58/ Exeggutor L58/ Arcanine L58

Original Red: Pikachu L81/ Espeon L73/ Snorlax L75/ Venusaur L77/ Charizard L77/ Blastoise L77

New Falkner (Roost or Steel Wing--Roost might make the gym battle too hard though): Pidgey L8/ Pidgeotto L10/ Delibird L9 (Johto-unique pokemon, Hustle + Aerial Ace, easily beats a Hoot-Hoot)
New Bugsy (X-Scissor, similar to Fury Cutter I'd say): Butterfree L15/ Beedrill L15/ Scyther L17
New Whitney (Attract): Clefairy L19/ Miltank L22/ Clefable L21?
New Morty (Shadow Ball): Haunter L23/ Haunter L24/ Gengar L25/ Misdreavus L25
New Chuck (Focus Punch, hit or miss like Dynamic Punch): Primeape L29/ Machoke L30/ Poliwrath L32
New Jasmine (Iron Tail): Magneton L34/ Magneton L34/ Steelix L38/ Skarmory L37
New Pryce (Ice Beam?): Dewgong L40/ Dewgong L40/ Mamoswine L43/ Glaceon L42
New Claire (Dragon Pulse): Dragonair L45/ Dragonair L45/ Dragonair L47/ Kingdra L48

New Will: Xatu L54/ Jinx L55/ Exeggutor L55/ Slowbro L56/ Xatu L56
New Koga: Ariados L55/ Venomoth L57/ Forretress L57/ Muk L57/ Crobat L58
New Bruno: Hitmontop L56/ Steelix L58/ Hitmonchan L56/ Hitmonlee L56/ Machamp L60
New Karen: Umbreon L57/ Vileplume L57/ Honchkrow L59/ Gengar L59/ Houndoom L62
New Lance: Gyarados L61/ Dragonite L64/ Aerodactyl L63/ Charizard L63/ Tyranitar L64/ Dragonite L67

Differences in Johto and Elite 4 start from ~1 and end around ~17.

New Lt. Surge: Raichu L56/ Electrode L54/ Magnezone L54/ Jolteon L54/ Electivire L59
New Sabrina (Psychic): Espeon L59/ Mr. Mime L59/ Alakazam L62/ Slowbro L60
New Misty: Golduck L56/ Quagsire L56/ Lapras L58/ Starmie L60
New Erika (Giga Drain): Tangrowth L57/ Jumpluff L56/ Victreebell L61/ Bellossom L61
New Janine: Crobat L56/ Weezing L55/ Weezing L55/ Ariados L52/ Venomoth L58
New Brock: Golem L56/ Rhyperior L56/ Omastar L58/ Kabutops L58/ Onix L70/ Sudowoodo L59
New Blaine (Flamethrower): Magcarco L59/ Magmortar L63/ Rapidash L65/ Infernape L63
New Blue: Pidgeot L70/ Alakazam L68/ Rhyperior L70/ Gyarados L73/ Exeggutor L73/ Arcanine L73

New Red: Pikachu L100/ Espeon L90/ Snorlax L94/ Venusaur L97/ Charizard L97/ Blastoise L97

Falkner should not get a Hoot-hoot: you'd probably have seen a million by then-he gets a Hustle/Aerial Ace Delibird were I in charge. Bugsy should just get the pod evos and Scyther slightly upped. Whitney gains a Clefable. Morty's Gastly should become a Misdreavus. Chuck gains a Machoke. Jasmine gets one Magnemite evo, the other becomes Skarmory. Pryce gets two Dewgong, a Mamoswine, and a Glaceon. Claire just gets upped.

The Elite 4 just mainly gets upped, though Lance gains a Ttar, Karen a Honchkrow, and Bruno a Steelix. Surge loses an Electrode for a Jolteon and gains an Electivire. Sabrina gains a Slowbro. Misty, Erika, and Janine are upped, though Erika gets Tangrowth. Brock gains a Sudowoodo. Blaine gets an Infernape. Blue gets a up. Red becomes close to mastered.

Everytime you beat the Elite 4, they gain a level, up to the 13th time when Lance's Dragonite gets to Lv. 80. Then, they'd be at the following:

New Will: Xatu L67/ Jinx L68/ Exeggutor L68/ Slowbro L69/ Xatu L69
New Koga: Ariados L68/ Venomoth L70/ Forretress L70/ Muk L70/ Crobat L71
New Bruno: Hitmontop L69/ Steelix L71/ Hitmonchan L69/ Hitmonlee L69/ Machamp L73
New Karen: Umbreon L70/ Vileplume L70/ Honchkrow L72/ Gengar L72/ Houndoom L75
New Lance: Gyarados L74/ Dragonite L77/ Aerodactyl L76/ Charizard L76/ Tyranitar L77/ Dragonite L80

necropedal

After a lengthy absence from this forum i have come back to offer a few more, self-proclaimed, stellar suggestions as to the next installment in Generation 4 HeartGold and SoulSilver.
I am unequivocally looking forward to these games and have high hopes for their successes.
Now as it relates to the topic in question i have these suggestions to offer:

Before I get started, i would just like to say, that in my opinion, for the initial gym leader battles, only Pokémon current at the time of the original games creation should be present, then add the newer generations Pokémon once the elite four has been completed and re-battles are possible.

Falkner, albeit a supremely weak gym leader (the again what in G/S/C was comparably strong), needs to have a severe upgrade to his party, namely the addition of another member pre-elite four and perhaps a full allotment when the now standard gym leader re-battles run their course. I do suggest that he have creatures similar in level to Roark of D/P/P fame and he have a team like this (only name and level will be supplied for my suggestions):
Spearow lv.11
Pidgey lv.12
Pidgeotto lv.14

Next we come to Bugsy and i believe his team should look something like this:
Beedrill lv.18
Butterfree lv.18
Scyther lv.21

Whitney:
Lickitung lv.23
Clefairy lv.24
Clefable lv.26
Miltank lv.26

Morty:
Haunter lv. 29
Misdreavus lv.29
Haunter lv.30
Gengar lv.33

Chuck:
Machoke lv.36
Primeape lv.37
Hitmon???(?) lv.37
Poliwrath lv.39

Jasmine:
Magnemite lv.37
Skarmory lv.38
Magneton lv.39
Steelix lv.41-42

Pryce:
Dewgong lv.43
Sneasel lv.45
Cloyster lv.46
Piloswine lv.47

Clair:
Dragonair lv.49
Seadra/Gyarados lv.50
Dragonair lv.50
Kingdra. lv.52
Dragonite lv.55

My reasoning for such a huge level increase is so that these game can reclaim so much of what I though Gold, Silver and Crystal lacked. The game was far to toned down, far to less epic than they deserved to be, these games were suppose to represent the sequel series to the greats of Poké-past, but in my view, as much a i could enjoy them, they were mere shells of what they could have been.

It is time to return the (what could have been) spirit of Generation II to its rightful place, sitting atop the throne of the Pokémon Universe.

I would like to welcome any and all critique and considered opinions to this, as I believe these suggestions have merit and should be looked upon objectively.

Last edited:

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
I don't know why some of you think that 3rd and 4th gen pokes before national
THERE WON'T BE
Also, the Levels aren't even likely to change either ROFL

necropedal

I don't know why some of you think that 3rd and 4th gen pokes before national
THERE WON'T BE
Also, the Levels aren't even likely to change either ROFL

Thank you so much for making sense regarding the early inclusions of 3rd and 4th gens in teams, it will surely not occur.

Do you think that although the levels might not change, that they should, irrespective of what G/S/C was like?

Satoshi 91

I think the most logical thing they will do if they even change it (which I have high doubts they will - FRLG gyms/E4) is level up and evolve Pokemon on their rosters.
I'd love to see Leaf apper in the game, and at a stretch Brendan and May (maybe as a cameo?) These characters could really provide an extra challenge.

ap13095

Noobslayer
I really hope they give Pryce a good team.

He should have things like Weavile, Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Lapras. No Dewgong for sure. And definitely no Glaceon or Delibird. Where the hell do people get those ideas from?

Tyrant Tar

They should also prevent us from switching pkmn every time we defeat one of their pkmn so a level of surprise could be put into the game. I would have more fun having a poisoned pidgeot for example having to fight its way out from an unsuspecting Steelix instead of switching to my typhlosion in that turn.

There IS already an option for that.

Lastly, Gamefreak should make them fight like us, switching pkmn during the battle and using a real strategy to try and take you down. More ppl would be into the game if they actually lost once in a while to computer trainers.

I'm willing to bet more people would stop playing the game if the AI was too high, considering the vast majority of players are kids who think Ember, Flamethrower, and Fire Blast on the same Pokemon is a great idea...

If the Gyms/E4 do get a level boost, I'd like to be able to get to the same-ish level without having to level grind for a month. None of this "face a 6-man team all Lv 70+ with only 3 Pokemon barely level 40, because it's a challenge" bull.