• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
This is a thread for discussion of Unova Gym Leaders and Elite Four individually. All Sppf rules apply here of course. You can discuss things like

1. Personality of gym leaders/elite four
2. Your favorite gym leader/elite four
3. The hardest gym leader/elite four
4. Your strategies against them
and general stuff related to them...

Zekrom77

Light the Way
My favorite gym leader is Brycen. He uses Ice type Pokemon very well, and his strategies confused me sometime, making him a good challenge. Also, I enjoyed doing the gym puzzle, and the Freeze Badge looks really cool! (ZING)

The hardest gym leader for me was Lenora. For some reason, I always have trouble with Normal type Pokemon. Some of their moves, like Hyper Fang, do extensive damage, and heavily hurt even my Fighting type Pokemon. It took me 3 tries to beat her on White.

The hardest Elite Four for me was Marshal. If I tried to use a Flying type Pokemon against him, his Pokemon would constantly use Stone Edge, and knock it right out of the sky. If I used a Psychic type, he would somehow counter it. But I beat him eventually hahaha.

Darkoon

Haxorus FTW!
My favorite gym leader is Clay, love his way of talking and accent, XD
He's also strong as well, I lose one time towards him, :p
The hardest gym for me was Elesa, she keeps on Volt Switching and I got confused by her strategy, I lose two times towards her, XD
The hardest Elite four I think was Marshal, his Throh have quite high defense and attack... :)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
My favorite gym leader is Drayden. He is a strong and willful character. His pokemon are awesome especially Haxorus and his gym is striking and has probably the hardest puzzle. Also his understanding of the Unova myth regarding Zekrom and Reshiram is excellent and he has a high status in the Unova region. He also appeared in the anime with his Haxorus and the battle with Iris clearly shows that he is an extremely high level trainer and he was also revealed to be a dragon master. Overall he is a stunning character formidable opponent and a marvelous gym leader

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I would have to say the hardest for me was Drayden too... especially his Haxorus kept using Dragon Dance and dragon tail and made things really difficult for my team...

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
The gym leaders weren't too bad. I felt like they had the right amount of difficulty compared to the previous Pokemon games.
I also like how involved they are. It is funny how the triplet doesn't really do anything.

But, the Elite Four was a joke.
Maybe it was like that because you had to Vs. Team Plasma afterwards, but they were a joke too. I thought there was going to be a lot of hard battles in the castle before you Vs. the two leaders, but there weren't any. And I thought N and Ghetsis were going to really hard, but they weren't...

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I thought N was easy but Ghetsis was hard.

Really? But both of their Pokemon are basically in the early lvl 50s. Unless Hydreigon gave you a hard time, but I had a ice type, so it wasn't bad.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
But, the Elite Four was a joke.
Maybe it was like that because you had to Vs. Team Plasma afterwards, but they were a joke too. I thought there was going to be a lot of hard battles in the castle before you Vs. the two leaders, but there weren't any. And I thought N and Ghetsis were going to really hard, but they weren't...
Yes elite four were no challenge. They were much weaker than Sinnoh Elite Four. Their pokemon should have been higher levelled. at least starting frm 53-55...

I thought N was easy but Ghetsis was hard.
Ghetsis's Bouffalant and Hydreigon were tough but apart frm them he didn't trouble me at all

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Ghetsis's Bouffalant and Hydreigon were tough but apart frm them he didn't trouble me at all

Really, his Bouffalant? Maybe because I had a Gigalith that negated most of his attacks. I remember he did Earthquake on me, but I didn't die or it didn't do much. I don't know. I don't really remember because I had no memorable battles in B&W since they were all too damn easy and beat them on my first try.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Really, his Bouffalant? Maybe because I had a Gigalith that negated most of his attacks. I remember he did Earthquake on me, but I didn't die or it didn't do much. I don't know. I don't really remember because I had no memorable battles in B&W since they were all too damn easy and beat them on my first try.

I did not have any Rock or Steel types in my team so Head Charge became a big problem for me

Darkoon

Haxorus FTW!
Really? But both of their Pokemon are basically in the early lvl 50s. Unless Hydreigon gave you a hard time, but I had a ice type, so it wasn't bad.

2 of my pokemons die because of Ghetsis' Hydreigon, XD

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I did not have any Rock or Steel types in my team so Head Charge became a big problem for me

Ghost type would have also help too.
Speaking of which, I kinda wished I trained a Chandelure, but I was too against the idea of training one because I wanted to EV train one later.

2 of my pokemons die because of Ghetsis' Hydreigon, XD

Lol.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ghost type would have also help too.
Speaking of which, I kinda wished I trained a Chandelure, but I was too against the idea of training one because I wanted to EV train one later.

My main pokemon were Serperior and Darmanitan at that time so naturally I struggled against him

Flippd

Mine! :D

For me Elesa was a very hard one. She keeps on using Volt Switch, making it hard to take a good target. An example is if you try to hit a Ground type move on Zebstrika. Then is switches to Emolga, that has no effect on the move. Thats why i lost 3 times against her... The easiest Gym was Chili. I got Panpour from the girl at Dreamyard, making it very easy. The hardest Elite Four was Grimsley. Its Scrafty beated 2 of my Pokemon, using its Moxie to power up. But luckily, i could beat him. Also Bisharp was a tricky one. Its moves make them effective agianst many types. The easiest Elite Four for me, was Caitlin. My Galvantula has Bug Buzz and Sucker Punch and is holding a Expert Belt, making it easy. N was not hard, expect Zekrom. And Ghetsis? I lost 4 times to it. Man, how hard.

Flippd

My favorite gym leader is Drayden. He is a strong and willful character. His pokemon are awesome especially Haxorus and his gym is striking and has probably the hardest puzzle. Also his understanding of the Unova myth regarding Zekrom and Reshiram is excellent and he has a high status in the Unova region. He also appeared in the anime with his Haxorus and the battle with Iris clearly shows that he is an extremely high level trainer and he was also revealed to be a dragon master. Overall he is a stunning character formidable opponent and a marvelous gym leader
I like Drayden, too. Especially its funny beard :;201-p; <-- understand this smiley?

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I like Drayden, too. Especially its funny beard :;201-p; <-- understand this smiley?
Yeah I do...Drayden's beard gives him a touch of mysteriousness. It looks pretty cool on him :;201-d;

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
I'm a fan of the leaders in this game and I'm glad there's no real water gym this time, since I can't really count Cress as a "Water" leader, especially since it all varies based on which starter you chose.

The leaders were so involved, and I love that!

I train to really high levels (I'm a grinder, I like to train as much as I can so I don't fail and I don't EV train because I want my Pokémon to be unique) so nobody has been a problem for me. I'm in my 2nd playthrough and I'm in Victory Road with a full 6-Pokémon Team of level 53s. I've been pummeling the leaders!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I train to really high levels (I'm a grinder, I like to train as much as I can so I don't fail and I don't EV train because I want my Pokémon to be unique) so nobody has been a problem for me. I'm in my 2nd playthrough and I'm in Victory Road with a full 6-Pokémon Team of level 53s. I've been pummeling the leaders!

Wow... you must have trained hard... I remember I had 4 pokes at that time but I still managed to defeat the leaders and elite four with ease