• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyandpikachu

and also Puka
Why did they have to give the champion a name and hair for a 70 year old woman. And random Pokémon.

Akashin

Why did they have to give the champion a name and hair for a 70 year old woman. And random Pokémon.

I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from with the name and hair, but how is her team any more random than Cynthia or to a lesser extent Alder's (Alder did have three Bugs so there was a semblance of a theme, I suppose...)?

PlayinWithFire

Hex Trainer
I'm still waiting for a dark type gym but anyways when I first got to Laverre City I thought it was going to be the ghost type gym but I was proved wrong and I can see why it is a fairy type. Laverre looks mystical and like a wonderland especially with the gym being in a large tree that was unexpected but in a good way. To be honest I am disappointed in Diantha as a champion I like her battle music but that's about it I liked Cynthia a lot more in terms of difficulty also Drasna is freaking adorable and I like Siebold a lot he's a like-able character.

trainer0191

Filthy Casual
Ok, while I loved the designs and themes for the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders, the truth is that the Elite 4 of this region are a compete joke. They don't even level up post-game and are barely a challenge the first time around. I re-played X with a Dragon monotype team (always wanted to use only dragons) without using any items during battles nor the experience share and Charizard X still crushed 3/4's of Diantha's team. I even caught every single dragon on my team in-game and didn't trade at all. Hopefully they'll correct this in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Black 2's elite 4 were great the second time around, especially with challenge mode.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think,when the third installment comes,each of the Elite Four's main pokemon will have a Mega evolution.I'm talking about Talonflame,Barbaracle,Aegislash and Noivern.They wouldn't be so easy to beat then.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think,when the third installment comes,each of the Elite Four's main pokemon will have a Mega evolution.I'm talking about Talonflame,Barbaracle,Aegislash and Noivern.They wouldn't be so easy to beat then.
I always thought Pyroar was Malva's ace pokémon, while Clawitzer was Siebold's

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I always thought Pyroar was Malva's ace pokémon, while Clawitzer was Siebold's

Yeah.. Talonflame & Barbaracle are Malva & Siebold's highest leveled Pokémon respectively. Still, i'm pretty sure they will be tossed aside in favour of Clawitzer & Pyroar/Delphox in future versions since they suit them more imo.

Holo386

great rank trainer
siebold should have greninja replacing barbinacle because it is 4x weakness to grass

it almost matches his suit

Last edited by a moderator:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
meh for me i think he is fine with that barbaracle, no need to replace his team with greninja

looks like to me drasna's ace is noivern, how i didn't notice this until now -_-

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well in BW2 they changed Marshal's main from Mienshao to Conkeldurr even though his actual roster didn't change, so they could do the same with Kalos' Elite 4. Frankly, I think Clawitzer and Pyroar are better mains for their respective trainers.

Last edited:

Banana Bloodplanet

When you first meet Grant, he says that you just missed a cycling race that he got 1st place in. I think it would've been cool to be able to participate in cycling races in Cyllage City.

Wigger

My favourite Gym leader is Valerie currently. However, my favourite Gym is Courmaline Gym. I love the labyrinth of this Gym. The repellent one is Wulfric with his team. But he has a cool labyrinth in his Gym anyway.

I just think that this is the worst and easiest Elite four since Pokémon exists. Don't you think so? They are capable of being defeated after one move? And from the first time you defeat them, they are just weak.

Kumiho

Blasian
My favourite Gym leader is Valerie currently. However, my favourite Gym is Courmaline Gym. I love the labyrinth of this Gym. The repellent one is Wulfric with his team. But he has a cool labyrinth in his Gym anyway.

I just think that this is the worst and easiest Elite four since Pokémon exists. Don't you think so? They are capable of being defeated after one move? And from the first time you defeat them, they are just weak.

One could even argue that Pokemon X and Y is the easiest Pokemon game created so far.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
One could even argue that Pokemon X and Y is the easiest Pokemon game created so far.

Oh, without a doubt. The insanely easy Gym Leaders/Elite Four, not to mention the new experience mechanics and the buffed-up EXP Share.
When ORAS comes around, I'm keeping the EXP Share off the whole main story for a more challenging experience
(But look at me, talking about ORAS in an XY forum ;) )

I think what also added to the easiness of these games was the fact that the Elite Four only ever have 4 Pokémon.
Like, come ON...

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Call me crazy but Malva reminds me a lot of singer Anastacia in her prime LOL. The whole glasses and raunchy teas, even the masculine facial features.

Mudk1p14

I think that the Kalos gym leaders should have completely revamped teams in Z/X2Y2 (If they ever come out), and that some gym leaders should be replaced, along with new ones in new towns in the south of Kalos, e.g.:

1. Brent: Ground Type (Terrestine City)
Golett: Level 14, Hippopotas: Level 15

2. Judith: Dark Type (Nocturina Town)
Sneasel: Level 22, Houndoom: Level 24

3. Clemont and Bonnie: Electric Type (Lumiose City) (Double Battle - Inspired by someone else's idea :))
Emolga: Level 29, Magneton: Level 29, Dedenne: Level 31, Heliolisk: Level 31

4. Grant: Rock Type (Cyllage City)
Tyrunt: Level 35, Amaura: Level 35, Lileep: Level 35

5. Korrina: Fighting Type (Shalour City)
Hawlucha: Level 38, Machamp: Level 37, Lucario: Level 39

6. Valerie: Fairy Type (Laverre City)
Clefable: Level 46, Aromatisse: Level 47, Gardevoir: Level 46, Sylveon: Level 48

7. Olympia: Psychic Type (Anistar City)
Espeon: Level 50, Gothitelle: Level 49, Musharna: Level 51, Meowstic: Level 52

8. Viola: Bug Type (Santalune City)
Vivillon: Level 55, Crustle: Level 56, Yanmega: Level 55, Leavanny: Level 57, Scizor: Level 59

Also, I feel that the elite four should get five Pokemon each, and that Ramos and Wulfric should become members, with much more powerful teams that cover their weaknesses! For example:

Wulfric: Walrein: Level 62, Abomasnow: Level 63, Cloyster: Level 62, Jynx: Level 63, Avalugg: Level 65

Ramos: Ludicolo: Level 62, Torterra: Level 63, Sceptile: Level 62, Roserade: Level 63, Gogoat: Level 65

(Sorry for the overwhelming post - just wanted to share some ideas (not purely my own))

My Hopes for Pokemon Z: (fanmade)

Kalos Map Z:
Dotted Lines: Kalos Transit (Train) - Magenta (Serrania-Lumiose), Yellow (Couriway-Lumiose), Cyan (Kiloude-Lumiose)
Note: Battle Frontier is in Kiloude City, Tower of Knowledge is in Terrestine City, Tower of Justice is in Serrania City - as counterparts for the Tower of Mastery much like the three lakes of Sinnoh.
Routes: Kalos Route 23,24,25 and 26
Palmwood is the starting town!

Attachments

• Pokemon Z.jpg
    Pokemon Z.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Pokemon Z Map.jpg
    Pokemon Z Map.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

PokemonCarnage

Water Expert
Valarie, was the only trainer that i thought needed improving on. 'I know she 'wanted to be a pokemon' but she wasn't that interesting in the plot
i am also disappointed that the E4 dont change their team or the levels dont raise of their pokemon, once you defeat them

Status
Not open for further replies.