• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally none of these opponents were challenging.
† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
They weren't either for me. I think that's partly because they don't have a full team when you fight them and that exp share gives exp to every pokemon now so if you've fought a lot of battles going up to the E4, you're probably going to outlevel their pokemon by quite a bit (Think my pokemon were in the upper 80 range when i beat them, didn't grind, just beat nearly every trainer leading up to them).

Sprinter1988

After the huge deal that was made out of Mega Evolutions in the X & Y games I was disappointed that the Elite 4 didn't all have Megas on their teams.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Personally none of these opponents were challenging.

Just like the whole game.

After the huge deal that was made out of Mega Evolutions in the X & Y games I was disappointed that the Elite 4 didn't all have Megas on their teams.
At first I just assumed they weren't given one becuase I thought they wanted Mega Evolution to be rather scarce. Only a few people could do it.

Then ORAS happened and I was like uhhhhh. Yeah.

Belgrim

Wulfric gets the award for hottest gym leader in my book. His avalugg was incredibly bulky when I did my wonderlocke. Ferrothorn had to out tank.

Kalosian

So long
I have mixed feelings about the Kalos Gym Leaders. After seeing what the Gym Leaders were like in Gen 4 & 5, I had expected them to continue with the trend of having Gym Leaders that actually were interesting characters with great personalities. Instead, what we ended up getting felt like a big step down in my opinion. Character-wise, I found them to be considerably less interesting than those from Gen 4 & 5. However, I think all of their designs are fantastic, it is a shame their personalities aren't on the same level. As for the Elite Four, I feel mostly the same about them, the exception being Malva which I think is one of the best and most developed characters in these games.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It seems to me that Valerie's eyes look like stare into your soul and I am very disappointed that the Elite Four and Champion's Pokemon don't even have their levels increased from challenging them after beating the Champion. But I sort of like Wulfric and thrashed his Pokemon with Blaziken.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like Drasna mainly because she is a dragon user and I enjoyed battling with her. I also like Wulfric because he looks awesome with his cape and is the strongest gym leader of all of Kalos.

StarbornKarissa

Pikachu Whisperer
Malva was by far the easiest of the 4 for me, like running a steak knife through butter. The E4 leader with the Gyarados was the hardest for some reason, probably because I didn't have a pokemon with electricity or rock slide at the time. The champion was challenging, though I loved the scenery for the battlefield and the mega evolution bit they threw in for Gardevoir. My favorite battle has got to be the one with AZ at the ceremony - it was definitely different and unexpected and I'm grateful that it wasn't spoiled on the first day the game came out online or anything. I tried to avoid as many spoilers as possible. The whole game was loaded with twists and turns and it was a great experience to discover things in a whole new region.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
My favourite Kalos Gym Leader is definitely Korrina! :p She was vibrant, pretty and she had a small part to play in the story! The Cyllage Gym Leader's design was awesome but they didn't give him ANY life. :mad: He didn't say anything wacky or amusing, he wasn't cold or calculating, he was just... boring. D:

The hardest gym leader was Viola. xD Her Infestation and her Vivillion were just too hard for anyone who didn't have a Fennekin or a Pansear.

Best Elite Four member was Malva. :p At least she was rude, had character and had epic Pokemon. Sure, a level.1 Qwlfish could have wiped her out but still, it's the thought that counts. The hardest was... well, all of them were a push-over but I guess Drasna's Noivern was pretty strong!

SpoinkyPearl

In my opinion, Gym Leaders in XY were little boring : P I'm not really fond of any of them. They were not that annoying, but nothing too special either. However, I liked how some of them, or at least Korrina, had bigger part in the storyline. And their designs were somewhat unique, which was also very nice to see. But if I had to name a favourite, I'd probably said Ramos. Because who wouldn't love old man with gardening scissors almost his size 8D I also liked the way he spoke to player in the game. And the grass type is my favourite, and the gym was somewhat fun to go through with vines hanging around. The Gym itself was relatively easy one (I started with Fennekin), and I liked the background of the battle with books and stuff.

Among Elite 4, Siebold is my favourite ♥ I really like his design, and there's just something in him I can't resist. Probably it is the artistic side of him? Can't really say. I like the other members as well, and I really like it how you can meet them in the Battle Maison as well. They feel more closer somehow. Wikstrom's armor is amazing, and Malva's background with Team Flare is also interesting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Probably my favourite Kalos Elite Four is Drasna because she is a Dragon type user and her Altaria is quite awesome with Moonblast, a move it is weak to.

Last edited:

Poisoned Youth

Sultan of Snark
I like Valerie's design so much. I would love to cosplay that.

As for the elite four, I like Drasna. Dragon-tamers are awesome.

CyberD888

Travelling Trader
For some odd reason, I keep on forgetting that Ramos is a Gym Leader. Always thought he's the most forgettable leader. I do like the Elite Four this time, especially the effects that plays on their stage. Siebold on particular has a nice design and his Gyarados almost swept my team after a Dragon Dance.

I also found the Kalos Elite Four to be very easy. My problem was I burned through 5 of Diantha's 6 Pokemon very quickly so she had all 4 Full Restores left for Mega Gardevoir. It was a pain to take down but it did get done.

Mr.FusRoDah

Viola was a great 1st gym leader, Grant was cold yet strong, like Granite. Valerie was fun, not to mention the Lucario she gives you on the Tower of Mastery was a very nice gift, and Ramos a fun pushover. Clemont was a cakewalk, Valerie a bit of an unnerving opponent, with those eyes after you made it through slenderman hoarde swamp :)p), Olympia's gym amazing although she might be on the same drugs Valerie is on (Seriously, both of them are oddballs) and Wulfric my favorite out of them all. Living in the mountains of Kalos, a kindhearted real life Santa Claus who takes care of abused and neglected Pokémon in a secret Cul-De-Sac while having his town protected from the nearby Zoroark and Deadite tree, I mean Trevenant, population by Abomasnows who frost the town over. Not to mention the Rubix Cube gym was awesome. The Elite 4 were for the most part pushovers, although the noble knight was a blast (Huge Yugioh fan here. I even got the Noble Knights of the Round Table box set for Christmas) and Siebold's Gyrados was a real pain to face. Diantha as champion oddly enough didn't surprise me too much, although her ensemble of Pokémon did. Never would I have imagined her as a killer dinosaur and Gourgeist trainer. Trick-or-Treat almost did my team in when Mega Gardevoir threw the hand grenade known as Shadow Ball. Gotta admit, the way to the top in X and Y was a blast, and if they only boosted the Elite 4 post game, I would frequent the Pokémon league more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.