• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders! Which is the worst?

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Ok. Everyone knows that there's at least one gym leader in all the regions tht gives them such a headache! Which one's yours and how do you deal with them?

Mine is Whitney from Johto. Her Miltank is the most annoying piece of work ever! I usually buy a few revives and wear it down.

Last edited:

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Lol, Whitney is from Johto.

Also, I think this should have been named "Who is the hardest gym leader?", since according to the OP, that's what you're asking.

Anyway, I'd say Tate and Liza from Hoenn(The twins). Everytime I play RSE, these two always manage to give me a hard time.

Does Stadium count? Cause I'm having some trouble passing Bugsy in R-2 and I bet it gets harder from there. And only having Pokemon Blue isn't helping.

Other than that, I'm not sure if I had a hard time with any gym since I'm having a hard time remembering.
...White/Black's electric gym whatsherface... Elesa? I remember getting annoyed from her Volt Switch strategy.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Does Stadium count? Cause I'm having some trouble passing Bugsy in R-2 and I bet it gets harder from there. And only having Pokemon Blue isn't helping.

Other than that, I'm not sure if I had a hard time with any gym since I'm having a hard time remembering.
...White/Black's electric gym whatsherface... Elesa? I remember getting annoyed from her Volt Switch strategy.

I suppose he can since he's a maingame leader too.

Flash Sport

Whatcha gotta say?
The annoying and hardest gym leaders for me were...

Kanto: Koga/Janine (annoying) Blue (hardest)
Johto: Whitney (hard and annoying)
Hoenn: Brawly (annoying) Flannery (hardest)
Sinnoh: Fantina (annoying)
Unova: Elesa (annoying) Lenora (hardest)

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Whitney, assuming you don't have a fighting type.

Out of the many many times I've gone from New Bark town to Goldenrod City, I've never encountered a fighting type. Anyone else?

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
Kanto- Sabrina.
Johto- None were really that hard in GSC. HGSS, however, Bugsy and his Scyther were difficult.
Hoenn- None of them.
Sinnoh- Maylene, just for her Lucario.
Unova- Elesa. Volt Switch is the worst move. Ever.

The only gym leader I remember having trouble against was Norman, since his Slaking were so bulky and that Vigoroth was just evil. It still only took one try to beat him, though, and I haven't really had much trouble with Gym leaders otherwise.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
B/W was easy for me

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Brock was the hardest gym leader I ever faced. Starting with yellow I had no chance to pick a different starter. Man did it feel good though when I finally beat him by leveling up my Pikachu to level 20 and using slam to kill that Onix.

Whitney's not that hard when you get your Quilava up to level 26. I had more trouble with Falkner than Whitney.

Hardest Hoenn gym leader was Tate and Liza, even with Swampert they still do massive damage.

Hardest Sinnoh gym leader was Maylene. Man Grotle just doesn't do well against those steel types.

All the Unova gym leaders were easy. Except Lenora. But that's only because I didn't want to evolve Tepig at that point.

Hardest Hoenn gym leader was Tate and Liza, even with Swampert they still do massive damage.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Tate and Liza were actually the hardest gym leaders for me. I had to fight them 2-3 times to beat them, mainly since I had pretty much nothing good besides a Blaziken and a Gyarados when I challenged them.

R_N

Whitney, Norman, Lenora

Those normal types are no joke let me tell you. Obviously a proper team can trivialize any leader, but even then they always give me some trouble. Elesa can also be tricky and overwhelm you if you're not prepared for mixed, fast attacks (alas poor Dwebble).