• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Minun

Twin Bolts of Light
Yep. doesn't matter. Both are hard to defeat, but I would choose Koga. With Snorlax with Psychic, it should work out pretty well. Sabrina, I had go in by brute force.

Darkrai7

<<Awesome~!
this is a rather dull question but who are yo u supposed to fight first, Sabrina, or Koga thanks.

Well actualy in order Sabrina is first. And I had this problem when I first got Blue because I didn't realize that you needed the Tea to get into Saffron. But either way it wouldn't matter because the Pokemon are the same level in both gyms.

~Bent~

awhups
Well actualy in order Sabrina is first. And I had this problem when I first got Blue because I didn't realize that you needed the Tea to get into Saffron. But either way it wouldn't matter because the Pokemon are the same level in both gyms.
Technically, as RaZoR LeAf said, Koga actually comes first. If you check your trainer status on the start menu, you'll see that the order of badges is Boulderbadge -> Cascadebadge -> Thunderbadge -> Rainbowbadge -> Soulbadge -> Marshbadge -> Volcanobadge -> Earthbadge. The badges appear in that order no matter who you fight first, implying that Koga is supposed to come before Sabrina.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
It's a common misconception that Sabrina is first because the names of the badges between both Gym Leaders in question seem to have been mixed up during the text programming. The 'Soul' Badge would be more fitting for a Psychic Gym Leader, while the 'Marsh' badge more fitting for the Poison Gym Leader. The fact that they are the other way around is probably what makes people think otherwise, along with the way people play the game, moving straight from Celadon City into Saffron.

If you think about it, the way the game i layed out, you arrive in Lavender Town, go to Celadon to retrieve the Silph Scope, defeat Team Rocket at Pokemon Tower and get the Poke Flute, then head for either the Snorlax in Celadon, or the one on the route below Lavender, that you have probably encountered while exploring and training. Following on from that, the next place you go is Fuschia.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
i always battle sabrina first with a nice high level butterfree

Miniduffa

Fire Lover

Miniduffa

Fire Lover

Turquoise

Kanto Trainer
It is true, Koga is first in the lineup shown on the Trainer Stats card. Although there i only one TRUE answer to this question. It Doesn't Matter.

Whitby

Dog Man Star
This is my theory...

Yeah, it doesn't matter... I think that if you're pokemon are at average levels, you should face Koga. But, if your the kind of person that really, like, pops a vein in your forehead to level them, then, you should go for Sabrina...

Just a matter of preference and convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.