• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really need to watch some analysis videos, because I don't have a clue what's what and why.. xD

If you look up the Silph Road, it's full of discussions and break downs on the new system. That's what I've been reading to figure this all out.

This... I tried to join a gym where there was just a single Gyarados, but I couldn't. It just feels like you're having to watch a "friend" die, while you can't help. Before the update, you could at least "fight against the stream".

For the record, that's just a glitch. Niantic has said on their Twitter that they are working on a fix.

My Dragonite just got kicked out of a gym. I received 2 meager coins.. Which honestly is quite disappointing. My Rhydon is still in the neighboring gym (56m now), but I doubt that will last long, when the one right next to it got taken down as well.

So a good possibility that I'll only be able to get a few more coins today and then I'll have to search out/battle a gym again. While pre-rework I'd have 20coins guaranteed. Rhydon needs to stay in the gym for at least 2 more hours before I break even.

One of the cool things about the new update is that there is no longer the gambling element of gyms. Before, once you claimed a gym or two, you would have to decide whether or not it was worth going to claim another, as you might lose the ones you already had, if not both of them and get less coins in the end. This new system means you can keep on claiming gyms all day, and have the rewards keep on staking. Even if one Pokémon doesn't get you much, if you have the time and ability, you can just go and claim the gym again to get even more coins.

So one of my pokemon got kicked from a gym today. Weird thing though is that i didn't get any coins after it had stayed there for 13 hours. I guess you have to keep going to the gym to increase the Time Defended time instead of just worrying about its Time Defending time. Really sucks though, i dont really have time to keep going to gyms all day just to keep up with my pokemon

Vipsoccermaster

So one of my pokemon got kicked from a gym today. Weird thing though is that i didn't get any coins after it had stayed there for 13 hours. I guess you have to keep going to the gym to increase the Time Defended time instead of just worrying about its Time Defending time. Really sucks though, i dont really have time to keep going to gyms all day just to keep up with my pokemon
You can only get 50 coins max per day. You might have already gotten your daily max for the day before another was kicked out.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So today was actually the first day I wasn't able to collect my 50 coins since they changed the system to be 10 minutes per coin. Bit of a bummer. I don't mind getting more than one Pokémon sent back in one day, but not getting any does suck a bit, admittedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.