• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Wars: Sinnoh... REBORN!

Son_of_Shadows

Yes, I pretty much borrowed Ysavvryl's original post. So? It's the same plot and whatnot... The only differences are the cast, and the GMs. Slipomatic and I are running the show now! May God help us all.

Rules

1. Follow SPPf rules
2. Respect your fellow players (meaning: no godmodding, no flaming, etc.).
3. Use good writing. Son_of_Shadows is a grammar freak, and he will descend on you like a ton of bricks, if you do not use proper English. Seriously.
4. This will be rated PG.
5. PAY ATTENTION! I’m a detail oriented writer and nothing irks me more than a player countering or ignoring something I as a GM established, especially in my most recent post. Like weather reports. This counts towards your fellow players too.
6. As with any RPG, you should read over all the information carefully before posting.
7. You may bunny the Gym Leaders, but only briefly, for single lessons etc. and you MUST stay within their characters.

Roster

Veilstone Fighting Gym
Leader: Charlotte/Maylene
1. Gin Yoshida - ryodragonite (accepted)
2. Theodore "Teddy" Derkson - Fossil Man (Accepted)
3. Ryan Loomis - FGSFDS90001 (Accepted)
4. Clementine “Orange” Sayre - Skillfulness (Accepted)
5. Roy Cloudrunner - Yanmegamaster (Accepted)

Jubilife Flying Gym
Leader: Arianna
1. Bree Spencer - Double-oh-Platypus (Accepted)
2. Cory Velos - CyberBlastoise (accepted)
3. Armao Wales - Slipomatic (Accepted)
4. Cosette Minette - ~Angelic_Hymn~ (Accepted)
5. Fred Stevens - chskarate (Accepted) - Go nuts, chskarate.

Sunyshore Dark Gym
Leader: Cyan
1. Madison “Maddie” Taylor - Pokefan0234 (accepted)
2. Cora Mckay - treespyro (Accepted)
3. Alexei Pashinov - Yaya (Accepted)
4. William Courtney - Accidental (Accepted)

As you can see, there's still one slot remaining for the Dark Gym. A late sign-up will be accepted.

Finally, any questions you have can be answered by Slipomatic or I, simply contact us via PM or VM. (Note that I prefer VM.)

Week 1, September 15-22: A Place to Begin

General

“Welcome to the official Pokemon League Channel where we bring you the latest news, strategies, debates, and stories relating to the Sinnoh Pokemon League! Coming up, we have the Ace Trainer’s segment, followed by some battles recorded at Snowpoint Gym. First, our regional news report.

“Well the League has finally gotten back on track with the Gyms, as all are now open for challengers. But now you have nine Gyms to choose from instead of eight, with the reopening of the Veilstone and Sunyshore Gyms and the opening of the Jubilife Gym. The officials of Victory Road say they still only require eight badges from this region, though if you’re going to try getting in there without that ninth badge, you might as well openly say that you are not confident in your ability to defeat any kind of Pokemon that presents a challenge.

“Veilstone’s Gym remains the same Fighting type, although since the old Cobal badge is invalid, you will have to defeat the new Leader in order to get it accepted as official again. Maylene still holds a position in the Gym, but it’s said that her relative Charlotte is a force to be reckoned with as well, despite her age.

“Sunyshore’s Gym has changed type, from Electric to Dark, so the Beacon Badge is definitely invalid. Dark is something of a controversial type; we of course would not deny anyone who has passion for their Pokemon. Not much is known of the new Leader Cyan, although he certainly impressed us with his narrow loss to Volkner when both were competing in top form.

“The new Gym at Jubilife is of the Flying type, which is certainly a tricky one to deal with. Although its general weaknesses are known, all Pokemon of that type are dual-typed, so one strategy will certainly not cover all of them. The Leader Arianna is well-known in that community as a beloved teacher, although it has been some time since she has been a full competitive battler.

“To those of you who have been accepted as official Trainers of these Gyms, congratulations and good luck to you all. The upcoming days are sure to be quite busy and exciting. To the League challengers traveling the lands, you have quite a bit of work cut out for you to get back on track.

“For our next story…”

Flying- 9/16, early morning, Jubilife Trainer’s School, Classroom 2E

The Jubilife Trainer’s School was a five story building made of red brick and white sandstone. The architecture was simple and practical, as the school hadn’t been able to afford anything lavish. Inside, though, the walls were decorated brightly, often with projects made by the younger students. There were all sorts of informational and motivational posters around with basic Pokemon knowledge and advice. It always had a noisy and cheerful atmosphere.

The new Trainers of the Flying Gym were instructed to meet here for their first day instead of the Gym. it was a regular sized classroom for thirty, so looked rather empty for the few meeting here. Arianna sat at the desk, checking over her files again. Her dark green hair was in a braid today, with a Beautifly pin holding it in place. Next to her stood a green and white Xatu who was perfectly still, barely seeming to blink. He watched a dark violet Gliscor who hung onto the ceiling and watched back, albeit with more movement.

Once the Trainers had all arrived, she stopped and smiled at them. “Good morning, and welcome to our school! You may have your Pokemon out if you wish, so long as they are no taller than the doorframes. School rules and all.

“I’ll take you out to our Gym tomorrow, but we’ve got paperwork and such to go through. The Flying Gym has to meet League and school regulations, so there’s a lot to cover.” She then got up and handed out two booklets. “This has the League rules as concerns all employees and students of Gyms, while this has the school rules; you’ll need to read through both. Also, you need to either work part-time at the school or take at least one class while you work at this gym. You have tuition waived for up to two classes, so no need to worry about that. I have the list of classes that will accept you this week up on the chalkboard, although you should note that any lettered classes are for the ten and under group, while the numbered classes are for older students

“Oh, and you’ll be needing a Poketch or a similar device as soon as you can get it. I’ll explain why when we go through the challenger registration process. First, some of the more important rules…”

After a rather lengthy discussion on rules, Arianna turned back to the Trainers.

“Okay, I hope that wasn’t too boring, but we had to get through it. Now, would you mind introducing yourself to the group? And ask me any questions you’d like.”

Fighting- 9/16, mid-morning, Veilstone Gym

The Gym at Veilstone was a very old and proud building; the League signs and symbols seemed to be there as an afterthought. Built of stone, the dojo had survived many long years and looked like it would be around for many more. Inside, the floors were made of bamboo and there was very little to furnish the main room. There were walkways around four battle pits, with a larger fifth pit off towards the back. There were a few cracks in the walkways, but they seemed to be there intentionally. Overall, it was one of the smallest Gyms in Sinnoh, along with Oreburgh. The large windows and lack of any obstruction made it seem bigger and more open, though.

The new Gym Trainers met with the two Leaders up front, where there was a simple low desk, a couple of machines, and a space for storing shoes. “This is a traditional dojo, so remember to always take your shoes off at the front door,” Charlotte said as she continued the opening lesson for the new Trainers.

Maylene stood near her with her Lucario, observing the newcomers and occasionally making comments. Further in, two human pupils of the dojo were holding a sparring practice, along with another pair of Pokemon in a different pit. Over in the corner, a lump of messy brown fur seemed to be snoozing. It was hard to tell, given they couldn’t see the Pokemon’s face.

“Another thing you must know about this Gym is that honor is highly important. With that comes respect: respect your opponent, respect your Pokemon, and respect yourself. Take a loss with dignity to show that your will is strong; getting angry or upset over it shows weakness. We’ll be teaching you more of our family’s way over time, but before we get too deep into that, we need to address the daily activities of the Gym. We will be open every weekday and some of Saturday, even at this stage, so you need to get the routine down.”

She pointed to the machine past the desk and against the wall. Although painted in various browns to match the interior, it was clearly a standard Pokemon healing machine.

“That is exclusively for our use, so we normally keep it hidden behind a screen. It’ll need a swipe of your ID card to activate, but it’s a simple device to learn. It’s a basic healing device. However, you should know that with the Fighting Pokemon, there is a greater risk of serious injuries that those machines can’t handle, for both sides of a battle. If you get into a situation where your Pokemon has seriously injured an opponent’s Pokemon, you will be expected to make an apology on behalf of yours. But then the opponent may panic or get angry with you. If that happens, just step back and let someone else help out that person. We don’t need any uncivil fighting going on in here.

“Next, we have the two devices that you’ll be using if you draw front desk duty for the day. -, may I borrow your ID for a moment?” Once given the card, she went behind the desk and ran the card through a slide reader on the side of a computer screen. An informational screen popped up. “When someone comes in to make a challenge request, you need to run their Trainer ID card through this computer. The League keeps records on every Trainer registered with an ID and this will tell you what challenge tier they’re in. With most other Gyms, they have a network system that keeps track of progress made on a Gym challenge. We don’t.

“In that case, you’ll need to record the information either on this clipboard or on the computer and keep track of a challenger’s wins and losses here. It’s a relatively small building and we only allow two challengers inside at a time, so it should be easy for you to watch the battles from here and get the information over to me if one qualifies to fight me or Maylene. If the challenger does win the badge, the person at the front desk needs to write the winning challenger’s name on the marker board over there. It gets cleared every month.”

After some more information on the basic duties, Charlotte grinned at them. “Well now that I’ve talked your ears off, how about you all tell each other who you are and such. If you have any questions for me, just ask.”

Dark- early afternoon, 9/16, outside Sunyshore Gym

The Sunyshore Gym was a building of concrete and metal, still gleaming with newness despite having been there for almost ten years. It stood on a rock plateau to the northeast of Sunyshore proper, accessible by a black walkway of working solar panels. Although the walkway wasn’t hot to touch, it did generate some static buildup if one stayed on it too long. The red-orange rock that made up the plateau had an open field area outside the Gym’s entrance, while it wandered off to the north past that.

The Gym Trainers had been called to meet in the open field area. Some of the Leader’s Pokemon were lurking about the field, watching the newcomers. Cyan himself was by a tall boulder, with various paperweights holding down his work as he spoke with his Trainers. In the meantime, his Drapion moved among the group checking the humans and Pokemon out. A furry brown and cream Eevee rode on his back, leery of the others but somehow feeling safe with the giant scorpion.

Cyan was in the midst of the initial lessons. “After the challenger’s data is registered in the computer, you need to scan all the active Pokeballs they have on hand. If they wish to change their team, that new member must be scanned as well. This works like the healing machine; place the Pokeball in the slot, up to six, pull the covers over, then activate the scanning program.”

He demonstrated with one of the Pokeballs on his belt. After a half a minute scan, the computer screen showed the message, ‘Pokemon cleared for battle use’. That was it.

“This is simply checking for signs of illegal modifications, such as performance enhancers that haven’t been approved as safe by the League. It will also tell you if the Pokemon is not registered with the Trainer, which could be a sign of theft; such unregistered Pokemon cannot be used in a Gym. Neither can certain working Pokemon, such as those trained as guides for handicapped individuals. So no one will know for sure what Pokemon a challenger has.

“Once you have the card and Pokeball scans complete, the challenger then has a week in which they can train against you in the Gym or challenge me. The network of the Gym will keep track of their progress and this is what you need the Poketch for. The Gym Trainer app will give you the challenger’s name and tier when they come within a certain distance of you. If the challenger breaks a League rule, such as using a Pokemon unknown to the building’s network, it will give you an alert. At the end of the battle, you’ll need to record whether the challenger won or lost. It is important that you do this honestly, because it decides if he or she is qualified to challenge me yet.

“While we’re out here, though, you can get away without using the Poketch app. Volkner referred me to the contractors he used to rearrange the Gym so they’re doing that again. We won’t be able to use the building itself for a few days more. You should probably introduce yourselves to each other, as you’re going to be working and training closely together in the coming days. If you have any questions of me, ask.”

Full credit for the magnificent idea that was this RPG to Ysavvryl. ALL GLORY TO YSAVVRYL!

EDICT OF THE GODS S_o_S AND SLIPOMATIC: A new rule is in effect. If you are inactive for more than one week, you can AND WILL be removed from the RPG. Your position will then be open to be filled by someone else.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: As a reminder, to cause less confusion, it would be a good idea to make sure you post what date (in-game time) and your character's name, and location they're at when you're making the post. Make use of my post as an example.

9/16 – Armao Wales
Jubilife City Home

Armao woke up to the sound of the alarm clock ringing at 6:40 a.m. and he grumbled as he got up and did his morning routine. It was a good while since he slept in his parent’s house in his room ever since he left as a trainer. He made sure his pokemon were up and fed their early breakfast as he dressed in his nicer set of clothes which was black jeans and a black polo along with black sneakers. As he put his shades on, his pokemon were ready to go and he recalled both of them and walked over to Jubilife Trainers School. After receiving directions from the receptionist of where he needed to report to he arrived in the classroom, being one of the first few to show up early or as he called, being on time.

As the other trainers trickled in, he leaned against the wall and looked over at them with a smirk on his mouth. As soon as the rest of them walked in, he took the seat nearest him and took his shades off, revealing his dark green eyes as he looked at the gym leader. As she greeted the class and announced that they would have to abide by the school rules and that pokemon that couldn’t fit through the doors weren’t allowed out, but anything else that could fit through were allowed out of the pokeballs made him frown. He definitely let out a small groan as he received two fairly thick booklets, one dealing with pokemon league rules and the other dealing with the school rules and protocols. He didn’t want to take any classes so when he heard that working part-time at the school was an option, he was going to take that route.

What he hoped was that if he took the part-time job, he would be able to analyze battles especially if he ended up being one of the few that cleaned up the battle fields and fixed it so it would always be ready for any battles. As the meeting continued to drone on, they were told that they would have to get a poketch or a similar device, he secretly hoped that he wouldn’t have to get a poketch as his pokegear was more expensive than those silly poketchs and definitely not the best style in his opinion. When the meeting was finally over, Arianna announced that they should introduce themselves and if they had any questions to ask away.

He would ask the questions later, but he stood up and walked up to the front of the classroom and turned and faced the others. He cleared his throat and said in a clear voice, “My name is Armao Wales and remember it well. I come from this city and I know this school well enough although I never had attended it, but that’s beside the point. This will be the most you will probably hear me speak outside of battles so better listen when I start speak because I won’t repeat myself again.” He nodded towards Arianna and walked back to his seat and sat down. He was already planning his battle strategies for both of his pokemon when a voice interrupted him, signaling that someone was up front and speaking so he turned his attention towards the speaker.

Last edited:

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
9/16- Gin Yoshida
Veilstone Apartments

Bzzzt, Bzzzzt. " *Yawn* Hmmm, 5:30am" Said Gin as he got up from his highly perched bed. " I don't have to be in the gym for an hour or so." He wobbled to the kichen as Chai, his Tyrogue, woke up from his sleep as well. " Oh hey Chai you ready? Its gonna be our first battle at the gym, I hope I don't mess up." Chai just looked up at Gin questionably. He was still groggy from waking up so early. They got their breakfast, got dressed, and as Gin collected his two pokeballs, then headed out. "Oh darn!, I almost forgot" Gin rushed back into the house. " There it is, my i.d. card." All members of the gym and trainers alike had i.d. cards. It was used as a tracking device in a way to keep track of the trainers records.

Gin noticed a few of the gym trainers already there. He remembered some from the other day when they were interviewed for the job. It was only 6:30 when he walked into the gym. He looked at the shoe rack where he put his should behind a desk he notice the pokemon healing machine Charllette has described the other day. He grabbed a chair and sat down. He saw some of the other trainers with white robes. "That must be what they wear every day" , "Man" Gin replied, " The day I choose to dress casually, it turns out I need my robe". It wasn't his fault though it wasn't in the rules that they had to wear it. Reassuring himself he looked around, they were a lot more people that had entered since he had came in. Just then Maylene had entered. It must be starting! Gin thought.

" Settle down everyone." As the crowd quieted down Maylene continued. " Alright to start the day off we will introduce ourselves," As you all know I'm Maylene and this is my cousin Charlette " Hey" Charllette replied cooly. " Now lets Start out with you in the corner, Gin."

" Um, alright, hey everyone I'm Gin Yoshida" Gin looke around nervously he heard whispers but he could barely make out the words. " I'm from the Coronet Mouintains in my village and I've been staying at the Veilstone Apartment" Gin replied with a nod." Anddd that about it." That was embarrassing!, Gin thought. " Alright guys welcome Gin!" Maylene said. They bowwed, as that was the formal thing to do in a dojo. " Next!" Gin turned away blushing as the next person stated their name. " Nice job Gin, great first impression." Gin sat down with his face in his hands.

Double-oh-Platypus

9/16 - Bree Spencer
Jubilife City Condominiums

If there was anything Bree hated more than waking up early, it was waking up early to go to school. She had never grown up around the idea, being tutored at a young age at a decent hour in the day and after leaving home the only organization she had joined with had been the Sunnyshore Strikers, the junior soccer team there. Not even the drop in team in Jubilife posted practices that early, and Bree was ultimately grateful. However, she knew that the future of her staying in Jubilife depended on this job, because, after all, Colin wasn't going to supply her rent money forever.

She slipped into her clothes and tossed her hair into a ponytail before applying a light layer of make-up. There. At least now she looked presentable, because even if it was almost seven o'clock in the morning there would still be other people at the school. They would take one glance at Bree, size her up and then decide she wasn't worth their time. And that was how Bree wanted it.

The Jubilife Trainer School was a place Bree walked past almost every day from the condominiums, whether it was for groceries at the Poke Mart or to head to the soccer field. She had never set foot inside it, though, until today, and for the first time in a long time, Bree felt intimidated.

However, when Bree set foot inside the classroom, she found it to be almost empty, save for a tall teenager with dark green hair and a few other students who were huddled in the corner.

What's the point of an early class if it's not going to start for another couple hours? Bree thought as she noticed the words on the blackboard depicting the fact that the class didn't actually start till mid-morning.

Slowly, more students began filing into the room, filling up the spaces and soon the teacher arrived too. Bree grabbed a desk behind the kid with the green hair and listened as the teacher explained to them about how working in the gym would work and staying on in the school. Finally, she concluded her speech with the note that the class should introduce themselves and without missing a beat, the boy with the green hair in front of Bree stood and introduced himself to the class.

Armao Wales seemed to be the kind of person that Bree could take too: the kind that would stay out of her way but would provide a challenge for her too. She took a small liking to him and as he sat down she stood, taking his spot at the front of the class.

"I'm Bree Spencer," Bree began, shoving her hands into the pockets of her shorts. "I'm from... Sunnyshore City originally but moved here last year to pursue a job in the business. I'm a soccer player, so I'm competitive and I'll be the first to admit that I have a short temper, so watch yourself around me if you don't want a verbal abusing." She thought she saw some of the other kids smirk but she brushed it off. You win some, you lose some, she thought as she took her seat behind Armao again.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
9/16 - Ted Derkson
Outside Veilstone City

"ALLLLLL the sounds of the Earth are like musiiiiiiiic. All the sounds of the Earth are like musiiiiiiic. The breeze is so busy, it don't miss a treeeeeeee...." a song echoed through the cragly outskirts of the city, greeting the 5:00 morning. A rather large, muscular man was gingerly jogging through the rough terrian during this particular morning, alongside his Poliwhirl and a tiny Shroomish keeping a few paces back. Teddy's boots kept tromping in place as he looked back "You doin' all right back there, you two?"

Franky, his Poliwhirl only nodded and quickly went towards his trainers side. The Shroomish, however, fell backwards and landed on the ground. Soon a wail erupted from the tiny Pokemon as large tears welled up. Ted smiled and picked the little one up and held him softly "Hey, hey now Jango, it's ok. Come on, I think that's enough training for you today." He said as he slipped the Shroomish into the large backpack he brought along with them. "Right, let's keep on training a bit before heading towards the gym. Gotta show the others what we can do, so let's go in there with a bang!" He laughed as Franky nodded and struck an unusual pose. Teddy followed suit, mimicing his pokemon and shouting "SUUUUUUUUUUUPER!"

After another hour of jogging and sparring, and a quick breakfast of protien bars, the trio went down to their destination, the Veilstone City Gym. Teddy quickly took off his boots and went inside, with Franky and Jango both hopping around the area. They all sat down and waited for the rest of the trainers to arrive and listened to the introduction. He gulpped a bit as Charolette, the gym leader, began to explain how to use the computer systems 'Hope I never get to do that thing...with my luck I'd probably break it' he thought. Soon the introductions started with Gin, a small little tyke, began to introduce himself and soon sat back down, noticiably embarassed.

Teddy himself stood up eagerly and smiled broadly at his other trainees. "Mornin', bubs. My name is Ted Derkson, but just call me Teddy. I'm originally from Oreburgh City, but now I practically live where ever I can now." He laughed heartily "Let's show the world what we got, and keep going with a bang every day." He said as he swinged his arm a bit and then jumped over to his Poliwhirl who proceeded with the duo posing once again. The rest of the class giggled but he didn't mind. Teddy just sat down and placed Jango on his lap.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
9/16- Roy Cloudrunner
Veilstone City Pokemon Center

Roy was starting to run out of breath. "Where was that Pokemon center!?" He thought as he turned the corner to see a large building with a red roof. "Finally." Roy mumbled as he sprinted to the front door of the pokemon center. He crashed through the front door almost falling on his face, but managing to the shake it off, get up, and run to the front desk.

Slamming his hands on the counter, which startled the Nurse Joy working there, he slowly took a couple of gasps of air while keeping his head down. He then slowly raised his head inch by inch until his eyes met the Nurse Joy. Beads of sweat on his face, he slowly asked the Nurse Joy, "Where...is...my...Duskull?"

"Um, It's just fine, it only needs a day of rest. Are you ok though? You look like you need some rest as well." The Nurse Joy answered.

"Yea...I think that would be best." Roy said before passing out right on the front desk, he never really did have that much stamiina.

The next day at around 8 a.m., Roy woke up to something tickling his foot. He got up from a bed laughing to find the very same Duskull who saved him tickling his foot. His eyes filled with joy as he saw it and he immediatly grabbed the Duskull and hugged it. Medin, feeling a little jealous, came out of his poke-ball and challanged the Duskull by angrily pointing his finger at it. Duskull, startled, went behind Roy as he was scared of the Meditite.

"Now, now, no need for violence in a time like this" Roy exclaimed as he stood between Duskull and Meditite, "Medin remember what I said about controlling that little habit of yours to challange anyone you like?" As Roy said that, the Meditite then bowed his head in dissapointment and turned the other way. "Medin don't worry about it though, you are trying I know that, heck even I can't seem to control and get over my fear of fire-type pokemon" Roy said as he took Medin by both shoulders.

Duskull, then realizing the situation, levitated in front of Medin holding up his hand as to give it a handshake and show a sign of no hard feelings. Medin then took Duskull's hand for the handshake and grinned a slight bit while doing so. "Good. Now that that's over with, what should we name you Duskull? Hmm" After a bit of thinking, Roy finally came up with a name, "Courage, that is what I will call you, for the courage you showed when you saved my life." Seeing that Duskull was quite happy with that name, Roy decided that he might as well start dressing up for his first Gym appointment.

He then realized that the Nurse Joy he had met before had probably gave him this room in pity of him. He felt slightly sorry for the burden he must have caused her but shook it off when he realized he could pay her back once he came back from the Gym appointment. Roy then finished dressing up and while putting his scarf on he returned Courage and Medin to their Poke-balls. He would have to call Morty one day so he can send a scarf for Courage down to Veilstone someday.

When Roy arrived to the Gym the first thing he noticed was the shoe rack. He immediatly felt bad as the first time he entered the Gym for the interview he never took his shoes off. He then took then off and lay them in the shoe rack along with his sock's. The bamboo floor wasn't the most comforting thing to walk on but Roy guessed he would soon get used to it. Slowly and painfully he walked to the desk up at the front where some trainers already stood and began waiting for the lesson to start.

After an hour, more trainers had filled the space and the two Gym leaders had appeared to give their lesson. After a long lecture about the Gym, which Roy was listening intentively to, the introductions began. First came a small kid who seemed nervous and Roy also oberved he went off with his hands on his face, he felt sorry for the boy. Next came a rather jolly man who ended his introduction with a pose from his Poliwhirl, "Well at least he has a positive attitude." Roy mumbled. Next was his turn and he went right in front of the desk to introduce himself.

"I am Roy Cloudrunner, I originally come from Olivine city of Johto and I have explored various places around the world. I have been to both Johto and Hoenn and now I have arrived in Sinnoh. I have trained with some various people such as Brawly of Dewford in Hoenn and Morty of Ecruteak in Johto. I am very weak however and I am not afraid to say it, which is why I have come here. I am very spiritual and overall a friendly person. I also have a phobia of fire-type pokemon but I hope one day to overcome it. Thank you for your time." As Roy finished he took a respectful bow at the trainers before him and at the two Gym leaders as well, making sure the bow was lower to the Leaders as it showed a sign of great respect.

He then walked back to his original spot and turned right as the next person was to speak. ;355;

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
9/16 – Maddie Taylor
At the top of a lighthouse in Sunnyshore

“Wow! Erif, get over here! Just look at that awesome view!”

Standing on her tiptoes in order to see past the railing, Maddie could barely contain her amazement as she gazed across the ocean at the rising sun. She had never seen a sunrise before in her life! … Well, no, that wasn’t true; she had seen a few sunrises appear over the hills that bordered Soleceon on her way to work. But they were never as beautiful as this one. And the people of Sunnyshore got to see this kind of thing every day! She felt a wave of envy rush through her body, but it disappeared when she realized that she was one of those lucky people. How could she forget; she lived here now! … Or at least, she lived with other people who lived in Sunnyshore.

At the moment, she was staying with a bunch of elderlies whose house practically bordered the lighthouse’s walls. The grandparents of her friend Sam‘s parents, they were nice, but didn’t go outside much. Not like she needed them following her around town – she was twelve, for Arceus’s sakes! - and besides, she didn’t really know what to say to them without Sam around.

“Only two more days to go before Sam gets here!” Maddie reminded Erif, “Just wait until she finds out we’re in the new Gym!” She beamed with pride at the idea of her taking on challenger after challenger, blowing them all away with her dazzling performance. They’d be so hypnotized by her act that they wouldn’t even realize they lost! And afterward, she could show them some of her tricks. Her mind was already filled with ingenious ways to show off her abilities as a magician.

Erif’s urgent bark snapped her out of thoughts. He pointed up at a nearby clock on the lighthouse, causing Maddie’s eye to go wide.

“We’re gonna be LATE!” She cried, rushing down the lighthouse at a breakneck speed. Erif followed after her, dodging around the people who leapt out of their way. “Did you see Calto?” She asked. Erif shook his head; obviously, the bug had snuck away to torment some helpless victim.

“Aw, shoot!” Maddie muttered, “We’ll have to find him later! Hurry up, Erif!”

--------------------------------------------
By the time she had made it to the Gym ‘s training field, Cyan had almost finished his lecture.
“…Once you have the card and Pokeball scans complete,” he explained as Maddie quickly scurried into the small group of trainers, “ the challenger then has a week in which they can train against you in the Gym or challenge me…”

He added a few small notes about needing a Poketch and recording wins/losses, finishing with the words, “If you have any questions of me, ask.” Maddie lightly kicked the grass, frowning. Well, that was a stupid thing to say. Of course she had tons of questions! But it probably wasn’t a good idea to ask Cyan any of them now, especially with her being late and all.

She glanced at the other trainers, who were standing in an awkward huddle, waiting for someone to go first. Smiling at the opportunity, she boldly stepped in front of the group, Erif at her side.

“My name…” She said, producing a special set of fifteen cards from her sleeve. Her voice was low and mysterious, “… is Madison.” The cards fanned out in her hand, revealing a single card with the name “Madison” on it. “But you…” she paused again for dramatic effect, folding the cards together again in her hand, “Can call me ‘Maddie’.” She fanned the cards out again in her hand, all of which now displayed the name “Maddie.“

She stashed the cards back down her sleeve with a smirk. “If ya haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a magician.” Gesturing at Erif, she added, “And this… is my apprentice, Erif. “

Erif barked at the sound of his name. Smiling, Maddie glanced around the group, looking at their expressions. A moving green object, blending into the grass, caught her attention, and her eyes widened. It was Calto.

And from the looks of it, he was about to leap onto someone’s head.

Accidental

Sharps and Flats

9/16 – William Courtney
Al’s Big Place of Foreign Goodness!

Contrary to the actual name, William’s father’s place of business was actually quite small and run down. A layer of dust covered the hard wood floors and the rows of goods looked like they hadn’t been touched in years. Still though, Al Courtney made a good living out of this place by selling a variety of different knick-knacks carried over from the S.S. Imperiel that docked every few weeks. This particular assortment of goods that had been carried over from the morning was especially strange in that it was nothing more than a large box of different smelling air fresheners. Although there were still more goods to be carried off from the Imperiel, William’s father quickly had Will whipping up a new sign to place outside of the store.

“Stupid S.S. Imperiel…” grumbled Will, “That thing never brings us anything good.”

Will’s partner, Stunky, nodded in agreement and looked over the new sign. It read in big bold letters,

“Fresh out of Lands Unknown, Oxygen Purifiers! Here to make your home smell better with exciting scents like Banana, Grape, and Pineaple!”

Suddenly the door creaked open, letting in the fresh morning sunlight as Will’s Father stepped into the building. He breathed deeply in, briefly choking on a wad of dust that had flown into his nose. He looked disappointedly down at Will’s sign.

“Son…” Al said with a frown, “You spelled pineapple wrong.”

“What?! No I didn’t!” Will cried, “Look right there, P-I-N-E-A-P-P-L-E.”

“You just added that in there!” Al said, shaking his head, “That looks terrible now, the ‘P’s are all messed up, better start over again.”

Walking down the rows of merchandise he picked up a bottle off the racks and blew the dust off it, sending a large cloud of the choking material over to Stunky, causing the Pokemon to begin a violent coughing fit, sending a few more dust clouds into the air. In a matter of seconds the whole room was clouded and everyone was coughing. Will’s Father called out through his gasps,

“Will! After you finish that new sign you need to dust this room!”

Will opened the door and waved the rest of the dust out into the open air before responding,

“Sorry, no can do Daddyo. I got to go meet that Cyrus guy for first day’s training.”

“Well, before you go take one of these Air Fresheners and put it on Stunky. He can help us advertise” Will’s dad said with a bit of a sigh.

“Really? I thought they were Oxygen Purifiers.” Will said with a smirk.

“Shut up and take one already.”

Grabbing one of the grape ‘Purifiers’ out of a large box Will and Stunky stepped outside. After fiddling a bit with the length on the string, Will managed to get the ‘Purifier’ to stay in place, although it was a bit awkward being shaped like a Pine Tree. Why they chose a Pine Tree for a grape air freshener, Will never found out.

Finally, the pair arrived at the Gym’s training grounds where Cyan went over the whole basics of gym life. Everything seemed to be fine, until a strangely dressed girl showed up late with a Houndour following her. Although she’d gotten there last, she had decided to introduce herself first with a little card trick. Her name was Madison and she seemed to be quite the flashy type of person. Enthralled by the performance, Stunky merely admired the Magician as a large green spider came flying out of the grass.

Everybody jumped back surprised, except for Madison who ran for the bug in mid-air. Unfortunately, the Spider had already decided its landing point as it came falling down in slow-motion onto Will’s face. Stunky, too preoccupied with his Oxygen Purifier, had no time to notice as his Trainer went thrashing around the field screaming.

“Get it off! This thing is possessed” Will screeched, apparently a bit too effeminately for his liking as he quickly restated in a low voice, “I mean, uh, stand back! I’ll get this!”

Will peeled the bug off his face with a big pop, sending his bucket hat flying off to land on Stunky, awakening the now grape-smelling Pokemon from its stupor. Will looked at the Spinarak with a grimace as it wriggled out of his hands, seemingly complacent with the chaos it had caused. Jumping up onto its trainer’s shoulder it gave Will a sharp look before turning to its Magical trainer with an innocent look.

“Well then, good to see you’ve got your Pokemon back. I hope I didn’t scare the little guy too much.” Will said casually as Stunky came wandering over with the bucket hat in tow.

Placing the hat back on his head Will fiddled around a bit with his camera strap before noticing that the camera had a blinking light on it. Flipping open the digital screen he saw that it had activated during his thrashing, capturing a picture showing Will with a frightened look as the Spinarak was in mid-flight towards his face. Flinching a bit from how scared he look, Will closed the camera screen and looked back up at the Magician.

“I guess that’ll be a good picture for day two then.” Will said with a laugh. “Anyways I’m Will Courtney.”

Stunky hopped up into Will’s arms and stretched out lazily.

“And this is Stunky.” Will said with a smile.

“Wait a second, why am I holding you?!” He cried, dropping the skunk onto the ground. “You didn’t even help me!”

Glaring up at its trainer, the Stunky merely turned and walked away to go check out the other Trainers.

“So if you need to know anything about what Cyan said before you got here you can ask me.” Will said with a friendly grin, “I’ve been late to places before and I know how it goes with asking teachers to repeat themselves and all that jazz.”

treespyro

Vintage much?
9/16 - Cora McKay
Sunyshore Cafe

A young woman with long platinum blonde hair sighed as she looked at her coffee after completing her shift in the cafe.Wearing a white short dress that goes down just past her knees as well as sunglasses placed on her forehead and black heels she looked at her watch and suddenly realised. "Ahh Man, I am late" she quickly paid for her coffee and yelled bye to her co-workers.

The young woman goes by the name of Cora McKay, the normal usual girl you would expect around her age and area. Luckily she knew her way of Sunyshore like a navigator, she knew the best stores and the ways to get there and she did know the shortest way to the gym. Cora thought to herself "Shouldn't really run in heels" she quickly ran up the stairs to the gym and well stacked it.

Cora fell down, looked up at Cyan and smiled in a very nervous manner. She picked herself up and again smiled "Hi" she waved while being completely embarrassed about her stack on the stairs "Sorry I'm late, had work can I have texted to me or where's the manual?" Cora asked as she knew that she had made it worse for her then realizing that he didn't start.

Cora listened to the lecture and duly took notes on a notepad instead of her hair knowing that she would have forgot everything. Cora looked at Cyan a lot and thought "He's cute, I wonder if he is single, is it even possible for him to date his student, I mean he is only a little bit older than me...concentrate Cora, questions later" as she took more notes of the lecture.

She saw that a girl was later than her, who had her Pokemon with her along with the guy there was seemed a little smug but she was cool with it. "Maybe I should let one Pokemon out" she thought as she let out her Flappy also known as a Murkrow which flew and landed on her shoulder, "You do make me look like a hot teenage witch" she muttered in a cute tone to her Pokemon which made a happy noise which Cora called.

After listening to the names and Madison's card trick which Cora found amusing. "My name is Cora McKay, so hi and I work at the Sunyshore Cafe as well and my dress is dirty" she sulked after introducing herself. "It's not fair, why this dress at least it isn't my other dresses, jackets, scarfs, shoes, tops, jumpers, gowns, shirt, jeans, skirts, pants and my hair which is now messy" she sulked again after her listing of clothes.

"Oh and I have two questions, one when do we expect our first challenger to arrive and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" she asked not really caring about her stupid she sounded and how the others would think about her. "I'm sorry if they are stupid but I want to know" she hesitantly remarked while blushing.

chskarate

9/16
House near the Poketch Company, Jubilife City

"Fred, wake up! Breakfast's getting cold!" Fred's mother called from the kitchen.

"Just a few more minutes," he replied.

"You said that five minutes ago. Besides, it's your first day at the gym."

That was all the encouragement he needed. Fred got out and pulled his clothes on. Black Wing, his Starly, was perched on the window, already up several hours ago to forage for bug Pokemon. He checked his belt for the other Pokemon. Sure enough, the pokeball containing his Beautifly was there. He ran down the stairs, downed his now-cold pancakes, and rushed out the door.

His house is near the Poketch company, where his mom worked. He checked the time. It was 8:23. He was running toward the gym when he was stopped by Cameron. Cameron is Fred's younger neighbor. He recently got his first Pokemon and was about to leave on a Pokemon adventure. Fred thought this wasn't fair at all because Cameron was ten and leaving while Fred is 14 and his father still hasn't left him leave home. "How are you doing?" Fred asked Cameron.

"Quite good. I've been raising my Pokemon. I bet I could beat you now."

Fred laughed,"Not even. I've trained mine much longer. If you want to though, we should fight."

"Fine then. Go Hippotas!" It emerged from the Pokeball.

"This should be easy," Fred muttered, "Go Black Wing! Fly up and use double team!" Starly flew up towards the top of its tree and made several clones of itself.

"Hippotas, shoot mud at its wings!" The mud shot up to the tree and felled one of the clones. Hippotas thought he had taken out Black Wing.

"Dive now!" Starly flew down quickly pecking the unexpecting Hippotas and then hitting it with her wings. Hippotas had fainted. "Well, better luck next time," Fred said, "I gotta go!" Waving good bye to Cameron, Fred ran towards the classroom, very excited.

Fred walked in several minutes late. "Welcome to the gym." Gesturing to the clock, Arianna said, "Please take a seat and try not to be late again." She handed him his two booklets as well as the paperwork hoping his parents would fill it out instead of him writing all this information on it. He stuffed all of this to his backpack.

Fred took a seat next to Bree. "My name's Fred. What's yours?"

After she introduced herself, he started talking about how he really hoped the gym wouldn't be like school and he wished his dad would just let him leave home, but then Arianna told him to be quiet.

Arianna started explaining about either taking classes or volunteering and Fred whispered to Bree, "I'll definintly pick volunteering because I've been to this school since I was a little boy."

When she mentioned the Poketch requirement, he grinned. His mom worked for the Poketch Company so he had the latest model.

He slipped out of the room at the end of the day, not wanting to attract attention. He went up to Route 202 to train his Pokemon. He went through the area, attacking almost all of the wild Pokemon avoiding electric type Pokemon. When is read 5:57 on his watch, he returned home not wanting to be late for dinner.

When he got back, his father was rather irritated about him coming that late and all the dangerous people in the city, but Fred just said, "If you just let me leave, then I wouldn't have to deal with all these 'dangerous people.'" Fred stomped onto his room not wanting to spend more time with his father.

He said to his mom during a delicious dinner of spaghetti, "Is this really going to be this much like school?"

Cecilia, his mom, said that if he just gets through this first beginning part of the gym training, it will be a lot better whether in the gym or with his father allowing him to leave home on a Pokemon adventure.

Fred went to bed after a long day, feeling good about his victory over Cameron and hoping he would have a good experience at the gym.

Last edited:

Skillfulness

9/16, mid-morning, Veilstone City

Orange Sayre: Veilstone Gym Trainer

Orange couldn’t help but let a yawn escape her. Currently, she was heading towards the Veilstone Gym for her first day as a trainer and though she was extremely excited, she had stayed up last night. I try to stay ahead and get ready for my first day but I only make myself tired… she thought groggily. Orange shuffled past the game corner, the Pokemon Center, and finally reached the Gym. She didn’t see anyone else around, so she entered a bit nervously. She heaved a sigh when she realized there were others already at the Gym.

Orange slipped her shoes off and placed them neatly into a cubby. She took a moment to notice the layout of the Gym. The main entrance was rather open to the rest of the Gym which had a total of five battle pits. The small paths had cracks and the walls had high windows. Most of the furnishings were at the front, consisting of a desk, a couple of machines, and the shoe cubby. After she felt comfortable with the placement of things, Orange picked a seat near the back of the room and quietly began to tap her feet on the bamboo floor. Oooh! Why am I nervous? I mean, I’ve trained with one of the best Gym Leaders ever! Well… at least I’ve got Chess and Spinner with me. Orange smiled at the two Pokeballs she slipped out of her pocket.

Just then, the Gym Leaders Charlotte and Maylene asked for quite. First they gave a quick lesson on respect and honor, considering it was so important to the Gym. Then Charlotte covered just about every other detail the new trainers might’ve needed to know. Orange almost tuned out and missed the important info on recording challenges. She made a mental note to make sure she heard everything right.

“Well now that I’ve talked your ears off, how about you all tell each other who you are and such. If you have any questions for me, just ask,” Charlotte finished. She sat back with a smile and waited for the students to start. But, since no one seemed too eager, Maylene volunteered a young boy in the opposite corner from Orange.

"Um, alright, hey everyone I'm Gin Yoshida. I'm from the Coronet Mountains in my village and I've been staying at the Veilstone Apartment," he said tentatively," Anddd that about it." With that, he bowed and sat down blushing. Aw, he’s so nervous. Who am I kidding? I’m probably just as nervous as he is… Orange felt her throat tighten in the silence that followed. Suddenly, another boy stood up boldly with a goofy smile.

“Mornin', bubs. My name is Ted Derkson, but just call me Teddy. I'm originally from Oreburgh City, but now I practically live where ever I can now." He laughed. "Let's show the world what we got, and keep going with a bang every day!" With that, he made a pose with one of his Pokemon, a Poliwhirl, and sat back down. He was funny and his introduction seemed to loosen up the rest of the trainers. In fact, the next trainer coolly walked up to the front desk and faced the class.

"I am Roy Cloudrunner, I originally come from Olivine city of Johto and I have explored various places around the world. I have been to both Johto and Hoenn and now I have arrived in Sinnoh. I have trained with some various people such as Brawly of Dewford in Hoenn and Morty of Ecruteak in Johto. I am very weak however and I am not afraid to say it, which is why I have come here. I am very spiritual and overall a friendly person. I also have a phobia of fire-type Pokemon but I hope one day to overcome it. Thank you for your time." Orange was interested in him. Though she was never very bold about it, she thought of herself as spiritual too. Reading the Bible was something she did in her spare time, but not so recently. I ought to do that more often… she pondered. Then, she realized it was her “turn”. Standing up with her stomach flipping out, Orange made her way to the front desk and once there, she bowed to the trainers in front of her. Their silence was frightening.

“Uh, I’m Clementine Sayre, but please call me Orange. I’m from Azalea Town in Johto, but I trained with Gym Leader Blue and we traveled just about everywhere but Sinnoh. I’ve been touring Sinnoh for the past year with my Pokemon and the two I have with me now are Chess and Spinner the Nidorina and Hitmontop. A little about myself… I’m very passionate about Pokemon and I’m about serving others, even if that means I just have to have a Pokemon battle with ‘em. Heh, well, that’s about it. Nice to meet all of you.” Orange bowed and tried her best to walk back to her seat quickly without looking desperate about it. Oh my gosh I’m so glad I got that over with. Orange once again slipped her hands into her pants pockets to see her Pokemon. I know we’re gonna have a great time here…

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Sorry for lateness, had some troubles with my comp. And also hate the fact that gets logged out every 10 min.

Cory Velos
9/16 Cory's apartment

Cory woke up early to get ready for his first day as a Gym Trainer. Getting up this early was not exactly something new to Cory though. Because of Solaceon being a bit out of the ways, Cory used the money he earned throughout his years of miscellaneous work to rent an apartment in Jubilife. Thankfully, this apartment was near the border to the city as the city did have some rules about having pokemon out and about. Slicer, Cory's Nincada was not a problem because he was smaller than Cory; however, Cory's Ponyta, Mabel would present a problem. The lad knew that these rules were placed on there for a reason, but did not think that Mabel was given a fair chance. Well, he could at least let her roam in the border while he was not in the Gym, not to mention that the Gym would also give her ample freedom to roam.

As Cory took the first sip of the bitter coffee in his right hand, he kept his eyes focused on the clock, waiting until it was time for him to head out to the gym. He kept himself occupied by reading a local newspaper that he received yesterday. The paper had an article covering the 'Gym Wars' as they called it. He read about how the three different gyms were going to be competing for officialness, but only one gym would not succeed. Cory knew that there was going to be a lot of work ahead, but the blue-haired young adult was ready. As he finished his coffee, Cory placed the white mug into the sink, rinsed it out a little and left it inside the sink. He grabbed the two pokeballs that contained his pokemon and left for the school.

The school was not a long distance aways, but it did present to be quite a walk from his apartment. Cory soon arrived at the school. He saw that a few students and perhaps a fellow gym trainer or two entered nearly the same time he did. "Ah here it is," he muttered to himself when he looked upon the classroom that he and the other gym trainers were assigned for the meeting. Cory found himself a seat next to the large closed window and sat down. No sooner than he had seated himself did Arianna, the new gym leader begin her speech. When it was all said and done, Cory had one question on his mind, he asked, "I have a question. About the whole school thing anyways. Where is the schedule for the classes and the place where part-time jobs are listed?"

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Roy Cloudrunner
9/16 Veilstone City Gym

Roy turned around just in time to see the next trainer come up and introduce themself, “Uh, I’m Clementine Sayre, but please call me Orange. I’m from Azalea Town in Johto, but I trained with Gym Leader Blue and we traveled just about everywhere but Sinnoh. I’ve been touring Sinnoh for the past year with m"y Pokemon and the two I have with me now are Chess and Spinner the Nidorina and Hitmontop. A little about myself… I’m very passionate about Pokemon and I’m about serving others, even if that means I just have to have a Pokemon battle with ‘em. Heh, well, that’s about it. Nice to meet all of you.” Roy was relieved at the fact that he wasn't the only trainer here from Johto, nor the only trainer here to have trained under another gym leader.

After she started walking down back to her place, Medin came out of his poke-ball startling Roy. "Medin, what are you doing? Is it time for your daily meditation already? Well I can't right now but here," Roy takes out a poke-ball from his belt and tries to silently send out Courage, his Duskull, who comes out rather loudly much to Roy's dismay, "show Courage the basics of meditating, he needs it." Medin then, sitting down just a few feet in front of Roy, starts intructing Duskull the art of meditating.

Instead of doing as it said however, as soon as Medin start's meditating Courage raises his hands in the air and starts flying around whilst doing cartwheel rotations. At the same that that he does this, he also continues to repeadatly saying, "Dussssskkkkkkkk, Dussssskkkkkk." This didn't amuse Medin however and the Meditite starts trying to punch Courage in order to make it stop. However, since Physical attack's aren't effective against Ghost-types the punches go right through him.

The scene then goes on to find Courage continually doing his version of "Meditation" around Roy while Medin at the same time continually trys to punch and kick him. What is Roy doing however? He is standing in place watching the other trainers introduce themselves while constantly hoping no one is noticing the scene that is happening around him.

Last edited:

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
9/16 Maddie Taylor
Sunnyshore Gym’s Temporary Training/Battling Fields

“Get it off! This thing is possessed!” One of the trainers screamed as Calto attached itself to the poor kid’s face. Maddie watched the spider with wide eyes, unsure of what to do for a moment, then frantically ran over to the trainer. What was she supposed to say to Calto? “Hey, get off that dude’s face!” That wasn’t something you’d normally say, especially not in a crowd. Luckily, the trainer managed to pull the spider off his head, knocking his hat onto a Stunky in the process.

Content with his work, Calto crawled down his victim’s leg and placed itself on Maddie’s shoulder, glaring at the trainer who had decided to ruin his fun. Sighing, Maddie walked up to the man. Oh boy, she was going to be in so much trouble… What if Cyan kicked her out of the Gym for not being able to control her Pokémon? What would she say to Sam… or anyone, for that matter?

“Well then, good to see you’ve got your Pokemon back.” The trainer said, replacing his hat on his head, “I hope I didn’t scare the little guy too much.”

Maddie chuckled nervously. If anything, Calto was the one who had scared him. Well, at least the trainer didn’t seem very mad.

The trainer snatched his camera from the ground. Maddie’s eye widened as she spotted the picture it had taken.

“I guess that’ll be a good picture for day two then.” He laughed. Maddie sighed in relief. “Anyways I’m Will Courtney.” The Stunky from before hopped into his arms, “And this is Stunky.”

“Wait a second, why am I holding you?!” He realized, dropping the Stunky on the ground. “You didn’t even help me!” Maddie giggled as the Stunky walked away.

“So if you need to know anything about what Cyan said before you got here you can ask me.” he added, “I’ve been late to places before and I know how it goes with asking teachers to repeat themselves and all that jazz.”

“Thanks.” Maddie answered, grinning sheepishly. “Listen, I really sorry about what happened… Calto here... well, he likes scaring people. Sometimes I think he’s more of a Dark-type than Erif is! But anyways, thanks for not getting mad. I’ll try not to… uh… let history repeat itself.” She added the last part in to sound mysterious.

Another girl with a Murkrow perched on her shoulder walked up to the group.

"My name is Cora McKay, so hi and I work at the Sunyshore Cafe as well and my dress is dirty," the other trainer sighed. "It's not fair, why this dress at least it isn't my other dresses, jackets, scarfs, shoes, tops…” The list went on.

"Oh and I have two questions,” she added, “one when do we expect our first challenger to arrive and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm sorry if they are stupid,” she added, blushing, “but I want to know.”

“Well, I’m twelve,” Maddie replied, “But my birthday’s coming up next month, so then I’ll be thirteen! Boy, I can’t wait!” She jumped up in a little dance. “But as for our first challenger…” she added, going back into her mysterious voice, “It could be anyone, really. Maybe even Cyan! Or even one of us...”

Calto chuckled and scurried off her shoulder and onto the ground. Maddie watched him carefully. She didn’t need him getting away again.

“So… um… do you guys mind explaining that whole thing about scanning Poke Balls and cards?” she asked, keeping an eye on Calto, “I think I just missed it when I came in.”

Accidental

Sharps and Flats
9/16 – William Courtney
Sunnyshore Gym’s Temporary Training/Battling Fields

Now that the chaos had died down, everyone seemed to be gathering around to talk. As Madison apologized for her Spinarak, apparently named Calto, another trainer came walking up with a Murkrow perched on top of her shoulder. She looked to be about eighteen years old and wearing a slightly dirty dress, although it looked fine to Will. At the sight of this new trainer, Stunky came walking up with an intrigued look on its face. Her name was Cora and after lamenting for a moment over her dirty clothes, she asked the group with a bit of nervousness in her voice,

"Oh and I have two questions, one when do we expect our first challenger to arrive and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm sorry if they are stupid but I want to know.”

Will thought for a few seconds, he didn’t think any challengers would show up for a few more days, but it was a possibility one could come today. If that was the case he’d need to do a bit more training with Stunky. After all, it had been a while since Will had competed in any real battle. Apparently the eager type, Madison answered first, ending her sentences in a mysterious tone,

“Well, I’m twelve, but my birthday’s coming up next month, so then I’ll be thirteen! Boy, I can’t wait!” she said with a little jump of happiness,

“But as for our first challenger…It could be anyone, really. Maybe even Cyan! Or even one of us...”

Will watched in horror as Calto chuckled and hopped off Madison’s shoulder. Will was now definitely afraid of the bug Pokemon now that had actually chuckled.

What kind of Spinarak chuckles? Not any sane one, that’s for sure. Will thought to himself.

Shaking off this feeling, Will stepped a bit closer into their triad and answered,

“I’m William Courtney, and I’m fifteen years old, but a lot of people say I have the strength of two eighteen year olds combined. You know, doctors and stuff.”

Stunky merely rolled his eyes at the lie. Still watching her Pokemon, Madison went on to ask about registering Pokemon. Will hadn’t exactly paid too much attention to Cyan’s lecture, but he’d already promised to help the young Magician.

“Here I’ll show you!” Will said bending down to see his Pokemon.

Stunky’s eyes widened as Will picked the stinky Pokemon up in his arms. After recalling Stunky into its ball, Will placed it inside the machine and pressed a few buttons. After a few beeps a message showed up on the screen confirming Stunky as a registered Pokemon. Will then slid his trainer card into the machine as well, officially registering him as a trainer of Sunnyshore gym.

Arriving back at the group, Will released Stunky from its ball to into his arms.

“So that’s about it I guess, now we can get down to the real business.”

Looking back at Cyan, Will could see he was getting a bit impatient.

“You might want to hurry up with the registration, don’t want to make boss-man mad on the first day.”

FGSFDS9001

Derp derp derp
Apologies for being so late.

Ryan Loomis
9/16 Veilstone City Condominiums

Well, this was troublesome. On one hand, having a place to stay for almost no cost was a godsend. On the other, having to babysit an annoying kid for hours on end was most definitely not. Ryan sighed exasperatedly as sat down on the nearest chair. Tag around the whole building was NOT a good idea. He glanced at the hallway clock to see how late he was for the first gym meeting and- ''Oh crap.'' Almost noon, and he'd been told to get there by mid-morning. If he hurried, he still might have a chance to not completely miss the first meeting. ''Dave!'' he called, trying to get the child's attention, ''I need to go, so head back to the room! If you get hungry, I left a few sandwiches on the counter, heat em up if you want!'' As he ran to the elevator, Ryan heard a loud ''Aww man!'' coming from behind him. It was beyond him how that kid could have so much energy.

Jack was downstairs as usual, lounging on one of the couches while watching TV. He'd understand this, hopefully. Ryan grabbed him by the arm and ran out the entrance, shouting ''We're late!'' as he let go of Jack, who to his credit managed to turn that fall into a rolling start. Soon, the two reached the doors of the Veilstone Gym, wheezing slightly. Both of them went in, and Ryan, noticing the shoe rack just now, took his off , and thinking back to his first time in the Gym, became embarrassed—he forgot to take them off when he came in. They entered quietly, expecting things to be busy, and were quite surprised when they heard a female voice talking about the importance of honor and respect.

''Huh, guess the clocks were early today.'' Ryan murmured quietly. Nodding to Jack, he lined up behind the other Gym Trainers. As he was listening to the older woman continue on, Charlotte if he remembered correctly, Ryan tried to look over and examine the rest of the gym. From what he could see, the Gym seemed to be organized for maximum efficiency. A solid bamboo floor, just the necessary furnishings, maximized spaces for the battle pits, and little in the way of obstructions. He rather liked this Gym. Ryan zoned back in on the lesson just in time to hear something about a Trainer ID and recording challenges. Oh well, at least he could ask Charlotte or Maylene about that later.

After some additional info on the day-to-day activites, Charlotte encouraged the trainers to introduce themselves. ‘’Here we go…’’ Ryan thought, trying to think of something to say. First came a young boy, Gin, who appeared rather nervous. Apparently he was from Coronet and happened to be staying at the apartments as well. Maybe he knew Dave…? Next up was Teddy, who walked to the front beaming at the rest of the group. He looked like a likeable and friendly guy, and ended his introduction by striking a pose with his Poliwhirl. Then came Roy, who went straight to the the desk to introduce himself. ''Hey! A fellow Olivinian, awesome. Ryan nodded as he continued, impressed that he stayed humble even after traveling through two regions and training with Gym Leaders from both of them. Finally, Clementine, or Orange, as she preferred to be called, introduced herself. ''Whoa, Blue? Former League Champion and Viridian Leader Blue? She must have some serious skills.

With pretty much everyone else finished, Ryan decided to head up front to do the same, with Jack following right behind. '' 'Sup guys, I'm Ryan Loomis. Been going through some rough times, but things are starting to pick up, thankfully. I'm from Olivine as well, but I've been going around Sinnoh these last few months. Right now I've got a steady place to stay, the Veilstone Apartments, same as Gin over there. Let's see, what els-'' He paused for a bit, distracted by the sudden appearance of a Duskull cartwheeling in midair. ''Uh, yeah.'' He continued, ''Right. This Croagunk here's Jack.'' He said, motioning with his left arm to the Pokemon in question, who waved at the other Trainers. ''He's a great partner and all, but tell me if he starts to get a bit...comfortable around you or your Pokemon.'' This last line earned Ryan an annoyed look from Jack. ''And, uh, I guess that's it. It's been nice meeting you all, and I'm sure we'll have an awesome time here at the Gym.'' Before he went back to the others, he made sure to bow respectfully to both parties. After that, Ryan walked back to his spot behind the last few seats and made a mental note to ask Charlotte or Maylene about that machine behind the screen once the day was over.

Yaya

Level 78 Pidgey
(Sorry for this being a little late, Starcraft 2 and all that jazz)

9/16 Alexei Pashinov
Sunyshore City

Alexei sat on a cliff near his house, facing towards the sea. He saw nothing, but the sound of it calmed him down, something he needed on a day as important as this. On the other side of that body of water was the Pokemon League, where only the best of the best trainers could walk. Alexei gave a light smile, starting today, he was part of the new Sunyshore dark type gym, he would be part of those trainer's at the League's journey. The thought pleased Alexei.

He heard something walking towards him from behind, he smirked, the smell was all too familiar to him, "Sheena," Alexei said, in a serious tone, "Today's the first day of the rest of our lives. Are you ready?"

Sheena, Alexei's Umbreon, walked beside him and brushed up against him affectionately, Alexei gave a light smile, "Well, I guess we should be going then!" He said, with a little bit of both fake and real enthusiasm, the truth was he wasn't good at all with meeting new people. With Sheena leading the way, the two of them walked towards the meeting spot.

Alexei arrived shortly before Cyan gave his lecture. He listened closely to the lecture, making a mental note in his head after each sentence, near the end of the lecture, he heard footsteps of somebody else arriving. This distracted Alexei for a brief moment, and he missed part of the lecture. He cursed under his breath at his mistake.

After the lecture, the other trainers began to introduce themselves, they were 2 girls named Maddie and Cora , respectively, and a male named William. After remaining silent for most of the time, Alexei decided to introduce himself, "Umm, my name's Alexei, I'm from around here, and the Umbreon is mine, her name's Sheena." He looked down at the ground, "I dunno really what else to say..."

Sheena looked around in excitement, trying to meet all three of the trainers at the same time, an ecstatic look on her face. After eventually giving up on which one to go to, she sat on the ground, eyeballing all three of them.

treespyro

Vintage much?
9/16 - Cora McKay
Sunyshore Training Fields

"I thought I was talking to Cyan" Cora thought as she listened to Madison talking about herself and answering the question that Cora asked Cyan which did annoy her a little but she just went with it. The girl, Madison who was 12 and was estactic about turning 13 asked an open question, "So… um… do you guys mind explaining that whole thing about scanning Poke Balls and cards?” she asked, keeping an eye on Calto, “I think I just missed it when I came in.” to which Cora and the male next to her sighed but he answered the question.

The male also answered her question which didn't annoy her know because she assumed that they all thought it was open. “I’m William Courtney, and I’m fifteen years old, but a lot of people say I have the strength of two eighteen year olds combined. You know, doctors and stuff.” which made Cora mutter "I'm sure you do" so that no-one could hear her luckily but she smiled at that statement.

Cyan did look at them as they talked which his stare at them made Cora look at him and smiled "He's really cute" she thought as she wondered again if anything will happen but she sighed just before another male came to explain himself. "Umm, my name's Alexei, I'm from around here, and the Umbreon is mine, her name's Sheena." He looked down at the ground, "I dunno really what else to say..." to which Cora rolled her eyes but then looked at his Pokemon. "Awww it is so cute" she said as she leaned down to his Pokemon's height and her Murkrow looked at it and started again to make happy noises which was Cora's explanation for that.

Cora then looked at Cyan for any further instructions and then she looked at her dress "I hate that it is dirty well my hair is in better situation which is good unless I fall again or a dust storm" she started to go off a tangent about shopping and malls which only her Pokemon most likely paid attention.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Roy Cloudrunner
9/16 Veilstone Gym

"Guys! Stop fooling around! We're supposed to be showing respect to these people!" Roy exclaimed with a loud whisper, "Courage just do as Medin says if you don't want to end up back in your poke-ball ok?" With that, Courage stopped cartwheeling and turned to Roy with a dissapointed look on his face. Medin, also dissapointed, just decided to shake it off by sitting down and start meditating.

Courage then doing exactly as it says, Levitates just a few inches off the ground beside Medin and starts meditating as well. Roy then calms down a little, relaxing his joints by shaking them and then sitting down as well besides his pokemon. "Medin, if you don't mind, may you use your confusion in order to lift me so I can see the rest of the introductions?" Doing as instructed, Medin slowly faces the palm of his hand to Roy and starts to pick him up. Courage, trying to imitate Medin, also turns his cloth hand to Roy but doing nothing as he does not know confusion.

He then stop's Medin from lifting him as soon as he could see the front of the class. Nodding in approval to the meditite, he continues to watch the rest of the introductions while floating and his pokemon meditating beneath him. "These next few months ought to be splendid." Roy mumbled sarcastically with a sigh.

Son_of_Shadows

OOC: chskarate, Slipomatic and I are extremely unimpressed with the quality of your post. Unless it improves in the near future, you will likely be banned.

9/16, Jubilife Trainer's School

As the trainers introduced themselves, Arianna took a piece of chalk, and began to list the classes they could take, and the room numbers they could find them in:

1004- Language Arts I, secondary
1021- Type Theory I (science)
1132f- Pokemon Biology and Care: Fire
1132w- Pokemon BaC: Water
1132g- Pokemon BaC: Grass
1133l- Pokemon BaC: Flying
1550- Sinnoh Regional History I
1710- Social Studies, general
2071- Pokemon League: A History
3110- Pokecenter Jobs Prestudy

She then drew a small box of application forms from her desk drawer, and placed them in front of her. "The class forms are here. However, as our Gym will be open afternoons and evenings, you must sign up for the morning sessions only. As for those of you who intend to work here, there is a bulletin board of openings outside this room right here. I would like to meet you all at 5 pm tomorrow, at the Gym. You can't miss it, it's an old aircraft hangar beside the Poketch Company."

Veilstone Gym

Charlotte glared at the young man, Roy. He was demonstrating a distinct lack of control over his Pokemon. Unimpressive. But, he had been hired, and she didn't know someone who hadn't had a bad first day at a new job. "Mr. Cloudrunner, do try to keep a closer eye on them... You will be on reception duty today. Any challengers who come in, you will scan their ID. Everyone else, be ready. This Gym is open for business as of right now. Come. Mr. Cloudrunner, I'll show you how the machine works. One last thing, everyone." Charlotte pointed to the slumbering Primeape in the corner. "For your own safety, do not disturb Darcy. She packs a real wallop, in spite of her age. Much like myself, ho ho. If she becomes a problem, let me know. Coming, Mr. Cloudrunner?" She extended a hand to the young man, intending to lead him to the desk.

Outside Sunyshore Gym

Cyan could tell he had a peculiar bunch of trainers here, but hopefully, a strong one. Good. As the closest Gym to the Pokemon League, it would be pretty important for them to show some strength... His train of thought was disrupted by Cora, who asked when they could expect a challenger, and, bizarrely, his age. "I'm thirty years old. More importantly, we're open right now. We could be challenged at any moment. I would like to see how you all fight, right now, so please, just get a few practice battles going, or whatever. I'll just stand back and observe."