• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gymbaliar! (476)

catzisconfus

i think croagunk is a pretty cool guy, eh kills pokémans and doesnt afraid of anything XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked Croagunk's debut episode, if only for the fighting parts. Fighting for Team Rocket in a fake Gym? Classic Sinnoh region stuff going on there. But I was surprised to see it join Brock's team, since Brock rarely gets any Pokemon with personality so this was a surprising episode. Croagunk is so creepy though, is that a good thing? 8/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see Brock's connection with Croagunk, it was cool.
And i loved how Jessie maked the battle vs Ash like a gym battle...it was funny.

Shadow XD001

I liked this episode and it was good Brock got a new Pokémon, especially one to pull him away like Max and Misty did when Brock got attracted by girls.

Armaldo48

I think it was a good episode, but why did Jessie had dress that looks similar to her Seviper, and uses her Dustox in battle?

8/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
YAY! for the Marowak, Sandslash, and Scizor appearances! Croagunk is a funny pokemon and I'm glad Brock caught him. I wonder if Minnie ever returned all those pokemon to their trainers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
YAY! for the Marowak, Sandslash, and Scizor appearances! Croagunk is a funny pokemon and I'm glad Brock caught him. I wonder if Minnie ever returned all those pokemon to their trainers.

Really? You were glad about Scizor? It appears quite often though:

-In a Johto episode
-At the Johto League
-In a Kanto BF Filler

As for Croagunk, am I the only person who thinks they gave it to Brock to replace Misty and Max's ear-pulling?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Really? You were glad about Scizor? It appears quite often though:

-In a Johto episode
-At the Johto League
-In a Kanto BF Filler

Yes, simply because I like Scizor and it looks so cool when battling.

As for Croagunk, am I the only person who thinks they gave it to Brock to replace Misty and Max's ear-pulling?

Of course they did but it's also got it's own quriky personality which makes it funny. And it fits quite well with Brock.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode, it was interesting that Ash was having a hard time against Ash. But I am not really a fan of Croagunk, especially after joining Brock (After the Lucy episode I got sick of Max pulling at Brock's ear and Crogunk using Poison Jab, if he wants to flirt with a woman then that's his choice. A few times was necessary like doing a contest, and it make sense in a way for Misty to pull the ear but not a eight year old kid or a Pokemon that could be abandoned left to rot in the pokeball forever, Brock lets those two control him way too much).

However it was funny when Croagunk was stalking Meowth, the Pokemon is a bit creepy though too.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
In this episode, Brock captures the most awesome frog in pokemon history. Croagunk is the Misty/Max of the fourth gen. But Poisen Jab is a lot funnier than someone grabbing Brock's ear. Hehe this episode had a lot of fun stuff. TR's fake gym, Jame's bottle caps, James being overly defensive about his bottle caps, Croagunk the awesomely creepy frog. I liked this episode. :)

RickHoenn

Banned
Fantastic episode! Croagunk just fits Brock haha (someone needs to control him!! xD) Team Rocket gym was a great idea!

9.5/10

Quickfire review time!

- You have to wonder how the trainers don't get struck by the attacks in some of these battles. Bonemerang almost nailed Jessie.
- Greggle is an emo stalker.
- Attn: Japanese animators. You don't have to worry about 4Kids pointlessly painting away the gold borders of James' trading cards anymore.
- Intro starts 3:38 through the episode. Most episodes take less than a minute. Title screen doesn't start until 5:05. New record?
- Filler girl is disappointingly unhot. Her eyes are kinda creepy, also.
- For TR's limited scam mentality, this actually isn't horrible.
- I can't believe James isn't opposed to the idea of his bottlecaps being used as badges.
- LMAO I love James' raging outbursts.
- Brock got *****-slapped!
- Filler girl phails at using Scizor.
- Fight between two sadistic Pokemon that never stop smiling. Joy.
- They've cycled through all the DP battle themes already this episode, so now they're going back to Kanto themes. Come on, just give us the Galaxy battle remix already.
- Goddamn lamest CG ever.
- Soonansu sounds like he swallowed helium.
- I love how Brock's capture episodes don't actually have him do jack in them.
- Priceless ending.

If that's the Japanese name for Sandslash, than yes he does. I expected it's voice to sound a little deeper than that.

And so starts a new running gag to keep Brock from flirting with every pretty girl he sees: The Poison Jab.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Croagunk freaks anyone out with its behaviour..... But this episode was really funny

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Croagunk for the 1st time. I'm glad Croagunk chose Brock, they go very well together. It was cool to see Poison Jab for the 1st time. Croagunk's Poison Jab to stop Brock from going love crazy is really funny to see. The fake Gym looked very bizarre... It was funny to see Jessie keep yelling at James and forcing him to wait til Croagunk revives to say anything, and let the battle continue.

40/100

Croagunk is a perfect example of a joke gone way too far.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket with a gym was funny and a good idea XD. Also Brock catches Croagunk and gets poison jabbed near the end of the episode for the 1st time XD.
I give this episode a 9/10.

ashiemore

I had no idea anyone was going to keep croagunk...my favorite part was near the end, where meowth breaks the fourth wall :D

~ashiemore

NPT

Just a member
This is the episode where Brock captures Croagunk, who takes the role of stopping Brock from flirting with pretty girls, albeit with a different approach than Misty and Max. Instead of pulling his ear, Croagunk just ouright poisons him (ouch!) with its jab. It's kinda slapstick, and not in a good way.

James' hesitation to declear Ash/Minnie the winner was funny though.

Last edited:

zhixun

It is hilarious to see the nise gym created by the Rocket Dan and they use bottle caps for the gym badge. Rocket did have a chance to own a Gureggru but they just let go which I think they should not. Finally Takeshi got this one and I love Gureggru stabbed Takeshi when he flirts with a woman.