• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gymbaliar! (476)

Rebeccag

I liked this episode it was pretty cool. Although Dawn thought it was a real gym and it wasnt lol. I also liked the character of Minnie and also Crogaunk as well its a pretty cool Pokemon. Team Rocket were funny as well in this episode too

neo_senku

Poison Jab affects steel types?
I thought the anime was based on a videogame because in the videogame it won't work.
It's offical,This episode needs a redub starting with replacing poison jab.

thats not the first time thats happened regarding the steel types and poison types. they always have the steel types dodge poison moves even though the attack really shouldn't do anything to it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This episode again reflects how stupid Ash and co. are. They can't recognize Team Rocket after a simple costume change when it's so blatantly obvious.

Also, I like the way James gets dramatic when Dawn asks if it's a real gym badge.

James: The glitz! The glamour! The 5 cent deposit on those bottlecaps!"

Meowth: Oy vey!

LOL

Last edited:

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
The only problem is that crogaunk won't do much with Brock in terms of battling. I would've preferred Dawn or Ash to have it but then again Brock could suprise us all and actually enter tournaments that enable him to achieve top breeder and use the poor frog. Meh other than that it was a decent episode...

palkia1

Palkia Lover
This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode

I just said that! What is it with you people skipping over my posts!

Last edited:

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Brock sure had an impossible trick on catching Croagunk! Instead of throwing a Pokeball at it, he caught it with a Pokeball in his hand! The bad news for Brock here from now on is that everytime he meets with every Nurse Joy in any Pokemon Center nearby, Croagunk paralyzes him down by attacking him. Oh yeah, I know the name of the woman with a Scizor. It's Minnie of course.

Last edited:

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
From now on, Croagunk Poison Jabs Brock when he's swooning over Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, or any other girl he sees.

uber gon

Accept Change

Weedle_Mchairybug

Well, I tbought it was an ok episode. I mean, Croagunk being played out to being caught by Jessie, then being captured by Brock instead. Plus, I think this was the first time JJM started a fake gym (and I think this is the first episode where they gave out fake Gym Badges since, what, the Johto league?)

I didn't get one thing about this episode, though. Why was it that, back in "Mystery of the Lighthouse" Misty and Brock mocked Ash for having his pokemon following him around all the time (well, Ash did kinda deserve it since he was bragging about it and flaunting it in their faces.), and yet when Brock does the exact same thing with Croagunk, Ash and Dawn act "OMG, Brock haz Mad-Kat-Skillz!!!1!!1!!11". I mean, if Brock criticized Ash for doing that in season one, why didn't Ash criticize him back (you know, as a tiny bit of payback towards him?). Can someone care to explain this?

Anyways, that's all for now.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i almost thought this would be a gym battle episode, team rocket almost ricked me.
but nontherless it's a fine episode, i'll give it an 8/10.

Andywoo

Banned
I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. It was good to see Dustox do something for a change, as well as seeing the awsome Scizor again. Plus the capture of Croagunk. I lol'd hard out at the bit were Croagunk follows Meowth back to the 'gym'. Good episode

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah yes, the introduction of Croagunk, Sinnoh's answer to Misty and Max. I like how cool and collected he is. He's made for some great Brock moments the past two seasons. I like how the narrator at the end comments that Brock has a new chaperone now.

Another thing that's really interesting about this episode is Team Rocket setting up that fake gym. I'm surprised it's something they haven't done before, apart from the real Team Rocket gym they got to operate in "Battle of the Badge". It made for an interesting episode.

I know when this episode's dub title first came out, I was like, huh? How do you pronouce it- gym-BAHL-lee-er? At least it was cleared up when the episode aired. Regardless, it makes for one of the most head-scratching dub titles of the series.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
This episode is also on TV all the time o_O I don't quite understand it.

Wait - could it be because of the sheer awesomeness of Croagunk? I think so! Team Rocket was doing great with it... then they had to go and screw everything up... again... ><

Oh well. Croagunk, woot woot!

katfairy

I love Croagunk. It's one of two reasons they need to do another "translated Pokemon" episode like "Island of the Giant Pokemon"- Croagunk and Wobbuffet. We need to know what those two are saying, just once!

Rommath

▲_▲
Rather humourous debut for the awesomeness of Croagunk. The Steel-Poison thing was a little awkward though.

James really does like his bottlecaps though...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So I'm in the midst of my finals yet somehow still find a way to watch older episodes of Pokemon. Talk about dedication! Or perhaps the lack thereof. I'm honestly not sure myself.

Now this is a much better capture episode, mainly because it does not even feel like one. Seriously, Greggle's like of Takeshi at the end comes out of the blue randomly, while we get some highly amusing action in the rest of the episode. Sure, I was as sick of Scizor as anybody (though it hasn't been in any big role since), and the COTD design was a tad freaky, but the TR scheme here is one of the better ones, and seeing them battle competently is always a treat, even if it's not either their own Pokemon. Greggle has not been much of a battling Pokemon since this, but the fights it does get here are very good.

This episode has some other amusing moments, such as the whole Nyasu/Greggle sequence at the beginning or the birth of Greggle being a better Takeshi beater than Kasumi or Masato could ever dream of being. Speaking of Takeshi and Greggle, that does mark my main gripe with this episode - there is basically no interaction between the two up to the capture, meaning that not only does Takeshi not get any focus in his own capture episode, but it does not make a whole lot of sense. On the other hand, Greggle continues to be one of the most entertaining Pokemon on the team today, generally in unusual or creepy ways. Far better episode than the Naetle one.

B+