• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gypsy Bard (BW2 OU RMT)

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!

205.gif
094.gif
485.gif
286.gif
645.gif
380.gif

Hey everyone, Sparkbeat here another rmt (my first one in a while). I've been noticing everyone doing rmt's based on songs, albums, or artists they like, so I decided to hop on the band wagon. This team was inspired by my favorite remix of one of the favorite songs, Gypsy Bard (The Living Tombstone Remix) - Sherclop Pones. It was also inspired by my search for a replacement Deoxys-D who can set up both spikes and stealth rocks (go eat a rock terrakion :/). I also wanted to have a way to get rid of weather, and be able to handle every weather inducer, so the battle becomes a level weatherless playing field. So without further ado, the team.

205.gif

The main inspiration for the team. I needed a hazard setter to lead off and get as many hazards up as possible. The dream is to get full set up, but all I need is rocks and 1 layer of spikes. He does this job pretty darn well, not as good as DeoD, but good enough for me. Forretress over Ferrothorn for 2 big things: Sturdy and not having a fighting weakness.

205.gif
094.gif

To have hazards you need a spinblocker, and I prefer Gengar over Jellicent for this job. Gengar also performs another important role, as you'll see later.

205.gif
094.gif
485.gif

I needed someone to handle gengar's weaknesses, and I wanted a weather check, especially against sun teams who I always seem to be weak to with my other teams. I've also been wanting to try this set.

205.gif
094.gif
485.gif
286.gif

I needed priority and someone who can hit gastrodon and other special walls. Also helps against SpD Rotom-W.

205.gif
094.gif
485.gif
286.gif
645.gif
380.gif

I wanted a good offensive core, and these two fit into the team, and have a lot of the same checks and counters, as well as sharing an ice weakness. mainly here to overpower opponents and just smash through things.

When you're rife with devastation
There's a simple explanation:
You're a toymaker's creation
Trapped inside a crystal ball

205.svg

Crystal Ball (Forretress) (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

The Crystal Ball has actually been a decent Deoxys-D replacement. It is able to lay down both stealth rocks and spikes, while having a little more offense than Deoxys at the cost of speed. The ev's are just standard for forrestress so if I dont't suicide it off, it can act as a defensive wall. Gyro Ball is to hit lead Taunt Terrakion hard, as well as some other threats. Explosion is just sort of there. If I don't need forretress later in the match, and he isn't up against a steel or rocks type I usually just suicide him off with this. I may switch it for volt switch or rapid spin. I was choosing between two item for him to hold: Mental Herb of Custap Berry. Both have advantages: Mental Herb let's him get rocks up against taunt users, then switch out or gyro ball away at terrakion. I chose custap berry because I usually have people just try to power through him instead of taunt him, and getting down both rocks and spikes is a must do.

And whichever way he tilts it
Know that we must be resilient
We won't let them break our spirits
As we sing this silly song

Gengar337.png

Spirits (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I needed a spin blocker, and I felt Gengar would better fit the flow of this team. I first found this set from McDanger's RMT, and while I was testing out and playing around with his team, this guy really shown. The surprise on some people's faces of this guy outspeeding their starmies, scarf lando's, and scarfmence's is priceless. EV's give me max speed and power. Shadow Ball for STAB, Focus Blast for steels, HP Ice for dragons, and Trick for walls or pokemon trying to set up. I'm debating putting Thunder on him over trick since I don't use it much, and Thunder will make dealing with toad easier.

When I was a little filly,
A galloping blaze overtook my city
So they shipped me off to the orphanage.
Said, "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in"

20090105180143!Heatran_en_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_2.png

Galloping Blaze (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My sun and all around weather counter. At first, I thought this guy was very overrated, and outclassed by other sets. But, now after using him myself, I realize he earns his pay (figuratively). He not only demolishes sun, but once I've worn down and gotten rid of the opponents toad or ttar, this guy comes in, sets up a sunny day, and puts a dent in their team and strategy. EV's make him fast and powerful. Sunny Day for removing the opponents weather and screwing up toed on the switch in. Fire Blast as a strong STAB (I'm considering trying Magma Storm for trapping, but I dislike the accuracy), Solarbeam for Toed, Ttar, etc., HP ice for dragons. Air balloon makes him harder to ko for certain pokes, and keeps spikes damage away till he gets hit.

So I dug one thousand holes
And cut a rug with orphan foals
Memories are blurred, and their faces are obscured,
But I still, know the words to this song

286___breloom_by_merum_sb_blueolimar-d36100h.png

1000 Holes (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

I decided I needed a powerful priority user, and breloom's spore really appealed to me. It also helps that Gengar and Heatran do well against Celebi, and Gengar can beat the Lati@s and other dragons. Breloom helps Tran and Gengar by getting rid of Special walls such as the Blobs and Gastrodon. EV's are standard as usual. Low Sweep over SD because it makes breloom counter list SO much smaller, especially with rocks and spikes damage. Also, Brelooms main priority isn't sweeping. It's what the name says, making holes in the opponents team. Mach punch for prio, bullet seed for waters and grounds, and spore for slower pokes that breloom can force out next turn or neutralize.

When you've bungled all your bangles
And your loved ones have been mangled
Listen to the jingle jangle
Of my gypsy tambourine

645_landorus_by_merum_sb_blueolimar-d39cwqy.png

Bungled Bangles (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

The first part of my main offensive core, Landorus sure does "bungle" the opponents "bangles" (oh dear lord that was bad x_x). I've never been able to have much success with landorus in the past, but thats because the teams I've used it on haven't been centered around it. It was there to complement another attacker, and the other attackers weren't complementing it well. In this team, Lando really shines. Gengar and Breloom can take down Jellicent. Breloom gets toad. Mamoswine gets worn down pretty quickly, but an still cause problems if the opponent predicts well. EV's are for max special power, nature doesn't weaken my u-turn. EP for an amazing STAB, focus blast for ferro and friends, hp ice for dragons, and I decided to use u-turn over Substitute and Rock Polish. I found I wasn't needing to use Rock polish much, and it was just wasting a move slot. I contemplated using Substitute, but this team enjoys momentum, and only likes to risk losing it for recovery or weather disruption. U-turn gives me momentum AND something to hits the annoying SpecD Celebi on the switch.

'Cause these chords are hypnotizing
And the whole world's harmonizing
So please children stop your crying
And just sing along with me

latias_latias.png

Harmonizing (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

The second part of the offensive core is imo the best weather counter in today's meta. The only thing holding back Latias is Tyranitar, but that will sadly never change. Latias absolutely wrecks rain teams by being able to counter many of its top threats. It became even better once Tornadus-T was banned since it no longer feared u-turn spam or hurricane spam if you're running the offensive set. Landorus handles Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and SpecD Heatran for latias while Latias helps get rid of Blissey, Gastrodon, Gyarados, and Rotom-W for Landorus. Standard EV's for the LO Attacking set. Draco Meteor to smash stuff, Psyshock for Special walls and Tentacruel, Surf for Heatran and Mamoswine when i have enough HP to survive an Ice Shard. Recover to make sure I last a while, and can heal off Hydro Pump and Secret Sword damage.

That's all for the team! Remember, I will consider everything, as long as you know what your talking about. I'm fine with short nit-picking rates as long as they're helpful and not flat out dumb. Thanks for reading!​

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Threat List

The Threat List

Cloyster - If it gets a shell smash, and it runs Ice Shard then its GG for me. My best and probably only way of 100% beating this guy is to keep Crystal Ball alive then hit him hard with gyro ball. If he doesn't run ice shard, he becomes much easier to handle, since breloom and I believe gengar can revenge kill him with priority and by outspeeding, respectively.

Dragonite - The DD set is the only mildly troublesome one. I usually have to sack something, then bring in Gengar to revenge kill with HP ice.

Gyarados - Same as Dragonite, but revenge killing it is much harder, and its dual STAB's can really hurt my team. I usually just have to whittle its health down until I can revenge kill it with a combo of breloom mach punch and gengar shadow ball., so this guy is a biggie.

Haxorus - Same a Dragonite

Infernape - No matter who he switches in on, he can put me in a tight spot. Luckily, he gets worn down pretty fast can can be revenge killed by breloom and gengar. The reason this guy is annoying is because no one can switch into all his attacks. Latias can do so to an extent, but she doesn't like taking u-turns.

Keldeo - Specs Keldeo in Rain can be annoying, especially if the opponent does a good job of whittling down Latias. Can be revenged by breloom when weak and gengar when weak. The scarf set can also be annoying.

Lati@s - Ones that run Draco and Surf can be annoying, but they're revenge killed by Gengar.

Mamoswine - Another big threat. If it runs Jolly in outspeeds breloom with ice shard. I gengar's been weakened it falls to ice shard. Gengar also usually has to rely on Focus Miss to KO. Nothing can switch into it safely, which makes him even more annoying. Same strategy as for Cloyster, preserve Forretress.

Politoed - Can be annoying to ko, scarf set can be annoying since it outspeeds heatran sunny day, and can ko lando and loom with ice beam. Just whittle it down with hazards, and strong STAB's like Draco Meteor.

Starmie - Is hard to switch into, but they usually have a whole in the set. He becomes easier to handle once I know the moveset, but I usually rely on revenge killing it with Gengar.

Tyranitar - Easy to revenge kill, but he can stomp two key parts of the team, one being my main revenge killer.

Volcarona - Its gg for me if it has HP ground/rock. All it has to do is get 1 qd and it can ohko my entire team. I usually just have to preserve forretress, then devote the game to ko'ing their spinner. The I get rocks and whatever else I can up. hopefully those hazards then bring it into KO range of breloom's mach punch or gengar's shadow ball. If it runs the bulky roost set, it becomes much easier to handle with Sunny Day tran's fire blast. I can also try to trick a scarf onto it to decrease its versatility.

Here's an importable btw:

HTML:
Crystal Ball (Forretress) (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Spirits (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Galloping Blaze (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

1000 Holes (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Bungled Bangles (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Harmonizing (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: 
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
looking through the threatlist, I think an Adamant scarf Mamoswine checks like half of it. SuperPower/Icicle Spear/Stone Edge/Earthquake

Atrocious

You might want to change the color of the font for Gengar's description as it is quite hard to read. Agility Thundurus-T can be somewhat problematic if Latias is low on HP and depending on the coverage moves it opts to use. T-Bolt / HP Ice / Focus Miss can hurt the entire team with rocks down and all. Like SkyDriver mentioned, Mamoswine can really help here Scarf, Band or LO set with Priority Ice Shard or whatever it may be. Seeing as it'll be used as a revenge killer, I'd swap it for Breloom or Gengar, probably Breloom as Gengar allows you to cripple things like CM Reuniclus in an emergency situation where it would otherwise cause problems.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
You might want to change the color of the font for Gengar's description as it is quite hard to read. Agility Thundurus-T can be somewhat problematic if Latias is low on HP and depending on the coverage moves it opts to use. T-Bolt / HP Ice / Focus Miss can hurt the entire team with rocks down and all. Like SkyDriver mentioned, Mamoswine can really help here Scarf, Band or LO set with Priority Ice Shard or whatever it may be. Seeing as it'll be used as a revenge killer, I'd swap it for Breloom or Gengar, probably Breloom as Gengar allows you to cripple things like CM Reuniclus in an emergency situation where it would otherwise cause problems.

I'm using the default serebii bg and the gengar text is fine for me :/ And I'll try out Mamoswine over breloom and see how it does. Thanks for the rate!

McDanger

i think your team would benefit more from sashed terrakion then forretress as it puts pressure on at turn 1 while forry is just, there, another option tho is custap skarmory

in all honesty lando i and latias have terrible synergy outside of lando checking ttar. I would not try mamo as it makes you more keldeo weak and weak to sand offensive in general as ttar traps the only keldeo checks, latias and celebi. I suggest switching latias to gyarados as gyarados not a stellar keldeo check, but beats lando is ( that lack rock slide or sludge wave) while checking wallbreaker landos biggest threats, scizor and mamoswine. However rotom wash is problematic as is celebi tho u turn beats him. I would use amoongus over breloom as while amoongus isnt a good lando i check he walls thunderus and keldeo and stops rotom cold, providing solid synergy with gyarados and lando i

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Man, how many teams are weak to Weavile...

If forretress is gone and both Breloom and Gengar are weakened, Weavile can sweep your team. And don't put Thunder on Gengar. You would if you were playing Ubers, though.

But overall this is a great team. Have fun with it!

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Man, how many teams are weak to Weavile...

If forretress is gone and both Breloom and Gengar are weakened, Weavile can sweep your team. And don't put Thunder on Gengar. You would if you were playing Ubers, though.

But overall this is a great team. Have fun with it!

No one uses Weavile ._.
Even if I do come across it, I just employ the same strategy as with Mamoswine and Cloyster. Weavile also depends on the set. If its choiced, then I have to predict well. If it lacks Ice Shard then Breloom and Gengar handle it easily.

@McDanger I tried out your suggestions some yesterday, but didn't have time to post. Amoongus didn't work well for me. The lack of offense from him really hindered the team and slowed it down, and no more priority hurt. I'm still testing Gyarados. It had some times it helped, but sometimes it didn't. And I was paying more attention to Amoonguss. I'll be trying out Gyarados with Breloom>Amoonguss tomorrow when I have more time. I'll also be updating the OP with updated EV's. For Terrakion, I need spikes badly and I need Forretress to handle some Physical threats. I tried out both Forretress and Skarmory when building the team, and Forre worked better for the team. It gives me the ability to beat Cloyster, and I felt I was wasn't losing any battles because Forretress is slow.

Last edited: