• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gyra and snorlax-based team: Second RMT

pkmtrainer

Well, this team will be around my gyara and future improved snorlax any advice is welcomed and this is just my 2nd CRMT and this is my attempt of team building, I´m pretty new in team building. NOTE: I´ve tried to put gengar as a lead, but I don´t really know if it´s right, his moveset is at the final. NOTE 2: READ DESCRIPTIONS before telling other movesets or pokemon

Gallade
gallade.png

gallade @ focus sash- starter
Adamant nature
Trait: Stead fast
EV´s: 252 atk/252 spe /6 hp
•close combat
•phsyco cut
•swords dance
•shadow sneak
I like the surprise element when they expect SR from gallade and I show them it´s attacking directly (gallades can´t learn SR). It´s a good starter since there isn´t many people that knows what it can do, it can sometimes kill 2 pokemon and do a little damage to the 3rd. Focus sash is due to he´s fragile after many close combats. Swords dance is to hit harder to sandstorm team with hippowdon as starter, pshyco cut is for secondary STAB and shadow sneak is to hit another focus sashers faster than me.

Gyarados
gyarados.png

Gyarados @ wacan berry- physical sweeper
Adamant nature
EV´s: 252atk/252spe /6 hp
Trait: Intimidate
•DD
•waterfall
•EQ
•stone edge
Standard gyara, but it still works effective. It sets a dragon dance and then to sweep, I dont know if to keep with shuca berry, but I´ve heard about a scarfed starmie and scarfed meta that can kill gyara, or any other surprise element, like sub-HP electric heatran, so I´m staying with the berry.

I won’t take this beast out if there´s SR in my field so I’m putting this:

Claydol
claydol.png

claydol @ leftovers/light clay - screener, SRocker and spiner
Bold nature
Trait: levitate
EV´s: 252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA
•SR
•rapid spin
•reflect
•shadow ball
this is my stealth rocker and it can also take away them with rapid spin, reflect is to help my snorlax and shadow ball is to hit ghosts that dare to block my rapid spin. I chose this rapid spiner, because it´s ground-type and it can use reflect, so my snorlax can curse

Snorlax
snorlax.png

Snorlax @ chesto berry – tank
Careful nature
Trait: thick fat
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpDef
•curse
•return
•crunch
•rest
He may be a great special sponge and can take very well ice and fire moves thanks to his ability. My snorlax curses the more it can and then to attack directly with a powerful return. I decided return, because I had very bad experiences with not having enough power to KO pokemon with body slam. Crunch is to hit ghosts and rest-chesto to do an instant recovery.

However my snorlax is still weak to fighting pokemon, so i´m putting this to counter them muahahaha:

Spiritomb
spiritomb.png

spiritomb @ leftovers- burner and anti-sweepers
careful nature
Trait: wonder guard, just kidding; Pressure
EV´s: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpDef
•WoW
•painsplit
•suckerpunch
•taunt? Psych Up? maybe I will stick with shadow sneak, to kill the sweepers that may not seem to atack, like sub-gengar
WoW is to burn snorlax´s counters, painsplit to last more time, sucker punch to hit salamences, gyara with DD. Maybe I should stay with shadow sneak, but psych up will help to prevent being raped by latias (need help to decide, please tell me)

Burning counters wouldnt be useful if there´s an Aromateraphier in opponent´s team so I´m putting this because I hate blisseys and i´ll trap them and kill them:

Dugtrio
dugtrio.png

dugtrio @ Choice band
Traint: Arena trap
NEED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN adamant or jolly
EV´s: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 6hp
•EQ
•sucker punch
•night slash
•stone edge
EQ for stab, sucker punch for anti-sweepers, and the others are for filling. Adamant vs Jolly. with jolly you´re not outspeeded by gengar and starmie, but with adamant you´re 2 OHKOing blisseys (hoping it doesnt have ice beam) and, due to it´s one of the best aromateraphiers I want to ensure I’ll trap and KO it. I´ve posted many places and they told me to choose jolly because there isn´t anything worser than being outspeeded by another pokemon

I´ve tried to put gengar as a lead here´s his moveset:

Gengar
gengar.png

Gengar @ petaya berry
Timid nature
Trait: levitate
EV´s: 252spe/ 252spA / 6 hp
•Substitute
•Shadow ball
•Thunderbolt
•Focus blast
I haven’t really tried this as lead, but I´ll tell how it works: sub while he/she put stealth rock and then to sweep lol. Shadow ball for STAB and thunderbolt and focus blast is for coverage. I just have to be careful of aerodactyl

Please, tell me who should I stay, with gengar or gallade

[GS]

Staring at my phone
snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers – tank
Sassy nature
Trait: thick fat
224 HP/28 Def /236 SpDef
Rest
Body Slam
Sleep Talk
Earthquake/Crunch

Snorlax wants Rest+Sleep Talk. He's much sturdier in
the long run this way. Ev's give you some great bulk,
Body Slam is good STAB and can paralyze, EQ leaves
you useless against levitating ghosts, and Crunch
remedies that.

Sorry I can't do a full rate, maybe when I have more
time, Snorlax just caught my eye. xD Hope I helped.

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
first neither gallade lead nor gengar work well, you need a good antilead. as in NP azelf or a taunt slash sleep lead.
second, you don't need a rapid spinner. simply save your gyara for late game when there are no pokes to counter it on the other team. I would think those over because those decisions will make or break your team.
but If you decide to keep it, then I will rate this team.
First, if gallade seems to work, stick with it. it can come in late game and sweep as well, so that's good. get rid of psycho cut, however, and replace with fire punch or stone edge, as psycho cut does not give good coverage and you already have a great STAB.
gyara is good, but lose the berry, ffs. its horrible. just get rid of gyara counters early and then sweep. no need for crappy lil berry. otherwise its good.
for claydol ya gotta make a decision. you need a fire atk, and claydol is the only place yiu can put it should you decide to keep him.. either switch reflect or shadow ball for a fire type attack.
curselax is fine, but may I suggest switching return for sleep talk and switch chesto for life orb. it gives you more power overall.
spiritomb wants taunt so that your team doesn't get raped by stall teams.
dugtrio wants jolly to make it a good revenge killer, and may I suggest changing sucker punch to pursuit to make it an even better revenge killer.

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
first neither gallade lead nor gengar work well, you need a good antilead. as in NP azelf or a taunt slash sleep lead.
second, you don't need a rapid spinner. simply save your gyara for late game when there are no pokes to counter it on the other team. I would think those over because those decisions will make or break your team.
but If you decide to keep it, then I will rate this team.
First, if gallade seems to work, stick with it. it can come in late game and sweep as well, so that's good. get rid of psycho cut, however, and replace with fire punch or stone edge, as psycho cut does not give good coverage and you already have a great STAB.
gyara is good, but lose the berry, ffs. its horrible. just get rid of gyara counters early and then sweep. no need for crappy lil berry. otherwise its good.
for claydol ya gotta make a decision. you need a fire atk, and claydol is the only place yiu can put it should you decide to keep him.. either switch reflect or shadow ball for a fire type attack.
curselax is fine, but may I suggest switching return for sleep talk and switch chesto for life orb. it gives you more power overall.
spiritomb wants taunt so that your team doesn't get raped by stall teams.
dugtrio wants jolly to make it a good revenge killer, and may I suggest changing sucker punch to pursuit to make it an even better revenge killer.