• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ageto says hi.

There's conflicting information about that. I heard a while ago that it was possible to get a Shiny one, but then someone said that it wasn't possible after all. This has been going on for a while now, and I think it's best to just assume that all Shiny Celebi are hacked. Unless someone brings up concrete proof that they exist, I won't believe that Celebi can be Shiny.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
This is not hacked. Gamestop gave away all three legendary dogs shiny. For the Zoroark event.

Were they given out at Gamestop? I received all three of my legendary dogs over wi-fi. I got Celebi at Gamestop.

EDIT: I also have a question. I received an OEM game (Black) and I was wondering: would pokemon caught on that copy be considered hacks? Out of curiousity, I tried booting it with AR and it wasn't recognized.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Celebi was distributed in-life only, at Gamestop and the Mall Tour.

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune were distributed in-life at Gamestop, as well as over Wi-fi.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
No.
If you evolve a foreign Pokémon that wasn't nicknamed, it's name will change to match your region's Pokémon's name.
So if a Japanese person caught a Grimer and traded it to you, then you evolved it, it's OT would be in Japanese and it's name would be "MUK" ("Muk" in Gen V)

okay, but the point is that the OT name was in the smaller, english talking ???s. thanks for the tip. i thought i tainted my game with a (creepy music)HACK!

Wardek

U & I
There's conflicting information about that. I heard a while ago that it was possible to get a Shiny one, but then someone said that it wasn't possible after all. This has been going on for a while now, and I think it's best to just assume that all Shiny Celebi are hacked. Unless someone brings up concrete proof that they exist, I won't believe that Celebi can be Shiny.

I remember seeing a topic at some forum's a person proving that... Whatever, better to ask Nintendo about this.

Pokemon Species: Regirock
Nickname: Japanese
OT: Japanese
OT Gender: Male (blue)
IDno: 06534
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Zap Cannon, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Hyper Beam
Level Caught at: arrived from Sinnoh at lvl 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: 275/233/412/144/188/111
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: The only thing that seems to be strange about it is the Pokeball.

Last edited:

~Light

It looks legit ... Could just be that the player had good luck with that Poké ball.

It's most likely cloned though :)

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I am being offered an RNG'd Shiny thundurus, but it has the ID 00007 and has the OT Kurt. Is that legit?
I have that same one and I've looked around and yes it is legit

Daichi82

I got this on the gts but it doesn't seem legal to me

Pokemon Species: Reshiram
Nickname: Japanese "geriemon"(geri on katakana emon on hiragana)
OT: Japanese Auru(a-u-ru on katakana)
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 35412
Shiny?: no
Moves: Fire Blast, Outrage, Hyper Voice, Blue Flare
Level Caught at: found aparently at lv100
Pokeball: cherish ball
Stats: 320/269/220/309/237/185
Location Caught: N's Castle

Davidd

cuaght at lvl 100? in N castle? i think is hacked

Youngster_Joey

Better in HD!

Where do you get a cherish ball in generation V? Hack.

Abstinence Pistols

Damn, the shit that makes it into the GTS. 4th gen. GTS was stronger in the anti-hack department.

JinMo92

Can the lvl.1 Palkia and lvl. 1 Dialga found in the Sinjoh ruins in Jhoto have the Premier Ribbon? When I look at other people lvl. 1 Palkia, they don't have the premier ribbon, so I am not sure if it is hacked. It has OT Mat with the ID: 62971

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can the lvl.1 Palkia and lvl. 1 Dialga found in the Sinjoh ruins in Jhoto have the Premier Ribbon? When I look at other people lvl. 1 Palkia, they don't have the premier ribbon, so I am not sure if it is hacked. It has OT Mat with the ID: 62971

No. The Sinjoh Ruins Dialga/Palkia/Giratina can't have that ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.