• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It lets you create a Pokemon and receive it on a fake GTS.

I personally won't consider that legit (Pokecheck's main page even implies that it creates hacked Pokemon), but well-made ones tends to be hard to distinguish.

Hey is a DW event torchic hacked if it has a Premier Ribbion?

that just means it was cloned via pokecheck, if its female or hatched from an egg then its a hack.

jolteon135

Hey is a DW event torchic hacked if it has a Premier Ribbion?

Technically the ribbon makes it hacked because there's no legitimate way to get a Premier Ribbon on a DW Torchic. You can still battle with it but if you're going to trade it let the other person know about the ribbon before you trade.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hi, I'm not sure if this site gives legit pokes but here goes :0 http://pokegts.us/pkmbw.php

hacked by any standard. Its an outside site creating pokemon that were not obtained in game. Also, that site allows you to alter the pokemon in almost any way. You could give a Pikachu the wound guard ability or teach a caterpie shadow force. Also, the OT is set to be RoC (or something like that) which is a clear indicator to almost anyone that it was created via an outside website (of course there is nothing stopping anyone from picking that name at the start of the game, but it doesnt look good up front.) Just generally speaking, any site that allows you to "create" pokemon is considered hacking

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Technically the ribbon makes it hacked because there's no legitimate way to get a Premier Ribbon on a DW Torchic. You can still battle with it but if you're going to trade it let the other person know about the ribbon before you trade.

So its a hack then. Well I'm going to get a trade back

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got one I'm sure is a hack, but I wanted to see if anyone else has ran into this trainer before (not throwing it out since it's a hard shiny to get a hold of though) --

Mew (shiny) -- lv. 100

Adamant nature; likes to thrash about.

Hoenn 9/5/2011

Apparently arrived at lv. 100 after a long travel through time.

Fateful encounter.

Hp 341
Atk 328
Def 236
Sp. Atk 212
Sp. Def 236
Speed 299

Ability -- Synchronize

Outstanding Potential overall --> HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed -- It can't be better in that regard.

Ot: Akuma (male); Ot Id no: 60606 <-- both this and the outstanding potential thing in terms of it's stats and nature made me think it was either hacked or RNG'd...

This next one I think might be legit -- but it's stats look like it might have been RNG'd... or the person tried over and over to get perfect stats...

Sandile (Shiny) -- Female -- lv. 1

Adamant nature; Alert to sounds.

9/17/2011 -- Egg received and hatched -- Route 3

Hp 12
Atk 6
Def 6
Sp. Atk 5
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6

Ability -- Intimidate

Outstanding Potential overall --> HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed -- It can't be better in that regard.

Ot: Yuria (female); Ot Id no: 33312

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Got one I'm sure is a hack, but I wanted to see if anyone else has ran into this trainer before (not throwing it out since it's a hard shiny to get a hold of though) --

Mew (shiny) -- lv. 100

Adamant nature; likes to thrash about.

Hoenn 9/5/2011

Apparently arrived at lv. 100 after a long travel through time.

Fateful encounter.

Hp 341
Atk 328
Def 236
Sp. Atk 212
Sp. Def 236
Speed 299

Ability -- Synchronize

Ot: Akuma (male); Ot Id no: 60606 <-- both this and the outstanding potential thing in terms of it's stats and nature made me think it was either hacked or RNG'd...

This next one I think might be legit -- but it's stats look like it might have been RNG'd... or the person tried over and over to get perfect stats...

Sandile (Shiny) -- Female -- lv. 1

Adamant nature; Alert to sounds.

9/17/2011 -- Egg received and hatched -- Route 3

Hp 12
Atk 6
Def 6
Sp. Atk 5
Sp. Def 6
Speed 6

Ability -- Intimidate

Ot: Yuria (female); Ot Id no: 33312

the sandile looks good as far as i can tell but the mew should be japanese the only legit mew should come from a japanese emerald game. If its japanese it should be good

the sandile looks good as far as i can tell but the mew should be japanese the only legit mew should come from a japanese emerald game. If its japanese it should be good

IIRC Hadou, MYSTRY, and Aura Mew can be legitly shiny and non-Japanese.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
can this event mew by shiny? And the Long travel through time thing belongs to the event celebi right? Those are the only reason I think its a hack

Japanese
Mew
Quirky
ID No 60510
Apparently arrived at L.v 30 after a long travel through time.
Fateful encounter
Sturdy body.

Last edited:
can this event mew by shiny? And the Long travel through time thing belongs to the event celebi right? Those are the only reason I think its a hack

Mew
Quirky
ID No 60510
Fateful encounter
Sturdy body.

The "Long travel through time" applies to any pokemon that came from FR/LG, D/P/PT, not neccesarrily just a Celebi. As for the Mew that is the PokePark Mew and it's shininess is still un-certain, some people say it can be, some say it cannot.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
The "Long travel through time" applies to any pokemon that came from FR/LG, D/P/PT, not neccesarrily just a Celebi. As for the Mew that is the PokePark Mew and it's shininess is still un-certain, some people say it can be, some say it cannot.

would you say I'm clear to trade it then? also it said it arrived from hoenn

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
Is this a real event mew or a hack?
Japanese
Mew
ID.No60510
Quirky
Hoenn
Fateful encounter
Sturdy body.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Pokemon Species: Porygon
Nickname: (Its Japanese name)
OT: (Japanese name)
OT Gender: Red
IDno: 05055
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: 31 across the board; flawless
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Analytic
Moves: Tackle, Conversion, Sharpen, Psybeam
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats:
HP: 36
Attack: 18
Defense: 22
Sp. Atk: 27
Sp. Def: 23
Speed: 16
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: Got this off the GTS in exchange for a Latios. I'm slightly doubtful anyone would take the time to SR/RNG this one-off Pokemon with flawless IVs AND a good nature, and just trade it away, even for a legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.