• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
just because you wouldn't give away a shiny starter doesn't mean others would

its legit

Tigeon

I'm like 50% sure this was hacked. Traded from some guy on another forum. It seemed too easy to get....
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname:None
OT: Alamos (This is in red letters, with a red pokedex number, is this something i should be worried about?)
OT Gender: none?
IDno: 05318
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) 5 hp 4 atk 4 def 0 sp att 0 sp def 1 speed
IV's: (if known) 26 hp 7 att 15 def 29 sp atk 18 sp def and 15 spd
Nature: Careful nature (reduces special def, increase special attack) This made me worried
Characteristic:
Ability:very finicky
Moves:roar of time, spacial rend, nightmare, hypnosis
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 50, but i was sure it said level 40 full moon island before i traded? I dont know, maybe my memory is failing.
Current Level: 50
Stats:99 attack, 103 defense, 138 special att, 113 sp def, 137 speed
Location Caught: Fateful encounter now?
Egg?: no egg
Pokeball Caught In:I dont know, its a completely red ball
Any other notes?: I really hope this isnt hacked, but a lot of things seem weird about it, The red name of the OT and dex number, it being in a completely red ball (however, it does have gift ribbon 1, classic ribbon) and it has a beneficial nature and is shiny...)

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
I'm like 50% sure this was hacked. Traded from some guy on another forum. It seemed too easy to get....
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
OT: Alamos (This is in red letters, with a red pokedex number, is this something i should be worried about?)
IDno: 05318
EV's: (if known) 5 hp 4 atk 4 def 0 sp att 0 sp def 1 speed
IV's: (if known) 26 hp 7 att 15 def 29 sp atk 18 sp def and 15 spd
Nature: Careful nature (reduces special def, increase special attack) This made me worried
Characteristic:
Ability:very finicky
Moves:roar of time, spacial rend, nightmare, hypnosis
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 50, but i was sure it said level 40 full moon island before i traded? I dont know, maybe my memory is failing.
Current Level: 50
Stats:99 attack, 103 defense, 138 special att, 113 sp def, 137 speed
Location Caught: Fateful encounter now?
Pokeball Caught In:I dont know, its a completely red ball
Any other notes?: I really hope this isnt hacked, but a lot of things seem weird about it, The red name of the OT and dex number, it being in a completely red ball (however, it does have gift ribbon 1, classic ribbon) and it has a beneficial nature and is shiny...)

Thanks for all your help!

The Pokeball it's in is a Cherish Ball which is the Pokeball event Pokemon are given out in. At least the ones from Diamond and Pearl onwards. Since it's shiny however, it's hacked because events can't be shiny unless they're given out as Shinies like the Crown Beasts (Entei, Suicune and Raikou). Also, Careful is not a beneficial Nature for Darkrai as it boosts Special Defense and reduces Special Attack. Not the other way round.

Red421

Uses Ubers
The Pokeball it's in is a Cherish Ball which is the Pokeball event Pokemon are given out in. At least the ones from Diamond and Pearl onwards. Since it's shiny however, it's hacked because events can't be shiny unless they're given out as Shinies like the Crown Beasts (Entei, Suicune and Raikou). Also, Careful is not a beneficial Nature for Darkrai as it boosts Special Defense and reduces Special Attack. Not the other way round.

cherish ball was trying to remember the name ...event pokemon can be shiny by way of resetting until it shows up as one and not all event pokemon have set natures ...the most recent celebi for example.

Final

I Submit to No One
cherish ball was trying to remember the name ...event pokemon can be shiny by way of resetting until it shows up as one and not all event pokemon have set natures ...the most recent celebi for example.

I know that not all events have set Natures otherwise I'd probably be stuck with 3 Darkrai's with horrible Natures however unless the event is one where you interact with the Pokemon like with the Member Card or Oaks Letter events, I'm pretty sure they can't legitimately be shiny unless they're meant to be shiny or programmed so they can be shiny.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
This reminds me of the good ol GTS Guardians i used to do with some people for gen 4 :) I will help out in anyway possible :D
Falcon is correct , that is a VERY rare and legit specimen you have there , shiny pokemon are hard to hack unless this person somehow made a program to hack pokemon for black and white (which currently does not exist) CONGRATS on your shiny pokemon :D it is indeed legit :p
EDIT: Wait did it say from an egg or caught on skyarrow bridge?

Actually, not trying to burst your heroic bubble, but...

Shiny Pokemon are not hard to hack. At all. Legitimate shiny Pokemon are easily hacked using Pokesav or PokeGen. The latter is made specifically FOR hacking Pokemon (legitimite or otherwise). Both of these programs ARE compatible with Black and White/ AR DSi and AR DS. Do some research.

The only telltale way to know if a Pokemon is hacked is if it has EVs or pre set stats beyond what is allowable. If the Pokemon is allowed online(which it wouldnt be if its stats were illegal in any way), then nobody should waste their time worrying as there is no way to know.

Leopoldos

I got two legendares(shaymin and deoxys) and i am not sure that are legit!
Pokemon Species:SHAYMIN
OT: Sam (This is in red letters)
IDno: 18217
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) unknown
IV's: (if known) unknown
Nature: Sassy nature (reduces speed, increase special def)
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning.
Ability:Nature Cure
Moves:Growth, Magical leaf, Leech seed, Synthesis
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 30
Current Level: 30
Stats:68 attack, 68 defense, 73 special att, 80 sp def, 63 speed
Location Caught: Flower Paradise
Pokeball Caught In:Master ball
Any other notes?:(received date Mar.3,2011)

Pokemon Species: DEOXYS (defensive form)
OT: SLINKY (This is in blue letters)
IDno: 06259
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Docile nature
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability:pressure
Moves:Knock Off, Pursuit, Psychic, Swift
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 30.
Current Level: 34
Stats:55 attack, 117 defense, 59 special att, 116 sp def, 71 speed
Location Caught: Hoenn
Pokeball Caught In:Ultra Ball
Any other notes?:none.
Thank you very much!!! :)

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
They both seem ok. Both are non mystery gift, caught in game.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
People, this will help you determine if a shiny is legit or not. Look up an IV calculator and then plug those in. Flawless stats are bred for so nobody needs to think that because a pokemon has flawless stats that it is hacked. I have a few flawless pokemon from eggs that are my battle pokemon with beneficial natures. Does that mean they are hacked? Not in the least. Telltale signs of hacked pokemon are incorrect pokeballs, moves that cannot be learned and caught at incorrect routes. Event pokemon also have telltale signs. Just because a pokemon looks good does not mean it is hacked.

Take my Hydreigon for example.

Timid Nature
Egg recieved 3/15/2011
Route 3
Egg Apparently Hatched
Capable of taking hits

HP: 325 (IV 31)
Attack: 205 (Unknown)
Sp Attack: 349 (IV 31)
Sp. Def: 212 (IV 29-30)
Speed: 324 (IV 31)

Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, U-Turn
1 egg move and 2 TM moves and 1 learned move, bred for. Caught in pokeball.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Plus if it came from a 4th gen. game and it is shiny, flawless, and has a beneficial nature the person could have just RNG'ed for it. Now if it came from B&W that would be a different story.

Mike Breezy

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: None
OT: CHRIS
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 46841
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Protect, Shadow Ball.
Level Caught at: Idk, arrived at lvl 70 though.
Current Level: 100
Stats: Att 242 Def 229 Sp. Atk 275 Sp. Def 221 Speed 209
Egg?: None
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this a long time ago, and I was just wondering about it. Coming from Hoenn made it look legit, but with the Quiet nature, it made me wonder.

DarumakkaImposter

Nickname: None
OT: CHRIS
IDno: 46841
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Moves: Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Protect, Shadow Ball.
Level Caught at: Idk, arrived at lvl 70 though.
Stats: Att 242 Def 229 Sp. Atk 275 Sp. Def 221 Speed 209
Egg?: None
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this a long time ago, and I was just wondering about it. Coming from Hoenn made it look legit, but with the Quiet nature, it made me wonder.

if its not an event then its gotta be a hack

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Couple of Mews, just thought I would ask now that I have seen the thread!
Nickname: n/a
OT: M.A.
IDno: 63711
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Quick to flee. Happily eats anything.
Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Metronome
Level Caught at: Unknown (Hoenn - Arrived at Lv. 71.) I got this one on pearl.
Current Level: 71
Stats: Att-180 Def-164 Sp.Att-171 Sp.Def-158 Speed-167
Location Caught: Unknown - caught on Sep. 30, 2007 I believe
Egg?: n/a
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: has Champion Ribbon

OT: Matheus
IDno: 22399
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Likes dry food.
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Aura Sphere, Metronome, Thunder, Ice Beam
Level Caught at: Unknown (Kanto - Arrived at Lv. 100) Again, I got this one on my pearl cart.
Stats: Att-190 Def-232 Sp.Att-325 Sp.Def-233 Speed-268
Location Caught: Unknown - Caught on Jul. 2, 2008 I believe.
Pokeball Caught In: UltraBall
Any other notes?: It has had Pokerus, it also has 15 Ribbons, lots of Hoenn contest wins, Effort Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon, Champion Ribbon.

I remember getting the second and thinking noway, fake. But I could have just been incredibly lucky! Hopefully you guys may have some idea :)

Red421

Uses Ubers
But wasn't there an event in Emerald where you could go to Faraway Island and catch Mew there?

first thing that came to my mind as well.

Black&White

Couple of Mews, just thought I would ask now that I have seen the thread!
OT: M.A.
IDno: 63711
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Quick to flee. Happily eats anything.
Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Metronome
Level Caught at: Unknown (Hoenn - Arrived at Lv. 71.) I got this one on pearl.
Current Level: 71
Stats: Att-180 Def-164 Sp.Att-171 Sp.Def-158 Speed-167
Location Caught: Unknown - caught on Sep. 30, 2007 I believe
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: has Champion Ribbon

OT: Matheus
IDno: 22399
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Likes dry food.
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Aura Sphere, Metronome, Thunder, Ice Beam
Level Caught at: Unknown (Kanto - Arrived at Lv. 100) Again, I got this one on my pearl cart.
Stats: Att-190 Def-232 Sp.Att-325 Sp.Def-233 Speed-268
Location Caught: Unknown - Caught on Jul. 2, 2008 I believe.
Pokeball Caught In: UltraBall
Any other notes?: It has had Pokerus, it also has 15 Ribbons, lots of Hoenn contest wins, Effort Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon, Champion Ribbon.

I remember getting the second and thinking noway, fake. But I could have just been incredibly lucky! Hopefully you guys may have some idea :)

These Mews are hacked. The only Mews made available are the MYSTRY OT and the wifi one last October. I know about the Emerald Mew, but they never gave out that event, so even if these were from the Islands, the Island ticket was hacked.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Hmm, yeah I did a bit of research and saw some people saying they have shinys from the emerald event, but I'm guessing they are lying or hacked the event item! The recent level 5 Mew release, can that be shiny?

Mike Breezy

These Mews are hacked. The only Mews made available are the MYSTRY OT and the wifi one last October. I know about the Emerald Mew, but they never gave out that event, so even if these were from the Islands, the Island ticket was hacked.

Well, looks my Mew was hacked then.. :(
Oh well, Mew wasn't ever my favorite Pokemon anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.