• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I just got this Deoxys from a trade and I would like to know if it is legit:

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: DEOXYS
OT: Gamestp
OT Gender: ---
IDno: 06218
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) N/A
IV's: (if known) N/A
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Psycho Boost, Zap Cannon, Iron Defense, ExtremeSpeed
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: HP 115/ Att 174/ Def 60 / SpA 170 / SpD 58 / Spe 170
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish ball

Thanks.

Uhh...doesn't look good
Cuz if ot is gamestp
Can d pokemon be nicknamed?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hi everyone.^-^
I'v breed a Charmander a while ago and today I uploaded him on pokecheck.I didn't use any hack tools(I don't own any hack tools!) and the pokecheck said it is hacked(in red) because of something in it's nick name(I named him Blaze,lame I know!XD).How could this happen?I don't understand.O_O

Last edited:

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Hi everyone.^-^
I'v breed a Charmander a while ago and today I uploaded him on pokecheck.I didn't use any hack tools(I don't own any hack tools!) and the pokecheck said it is hacked(in red) because of something in it's nick name(I named him Blaze,lame I know!XD).How could this happen?I don't understand.O_O

nothing is 100% foolproof, there have been false positives on there before. you know it's legit, so...

Hi everyone.^-^

Can you post a screenshot of the legality analysis?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
How exactly did you upload it to pokecheck? It clearly wasn't done via the GTS so did you have someone help you upload you pokemon?
I have 2 pokemon blacks.I uploaded it with another OT.
There's no way that's possible, since I tested it myself, and it came out legal.
Owh well,This really is weird.Thanks anyays.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, whatever the error is, since you breed it yourself, there's no question about its legitimacy (unless if it has Hidden Ability/illegal egg moves, but that's a whole different matter in this case)

I don't think anyone here know what's causing the error, though. Maybe it's just another example of "false positive" that manniezmoll is talking about.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Well, whatever the error is, since you breed it yourself, there's no question about its legitimacy (unless if it has Hidden Ability/illegal egg moves, but that's a whole different matter in this case)

I don't think anyone here know what's causing the error, though. Maybe it's just another example of "false positive" that manniezmoll is talking about.

Yeah,you're right.^-^
Thanks for the answers guys.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival

You're FAR too trusting. Game mechanics dictate how the name is generated. It simply does not match how the actual game would have generated it, thus the "error".

The legality analysis is correct. There is no possible way whatsoever to get that issue purely by in-game means.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.