• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
are you sure that it's caught in a friend ball? what color is it, what markings does it have? if so, that's a bad hack. caught in kanto means it came from FR/LG, but friend balls weren't usuable again until HG/SS. that ID number is on the unmentionable site, but with a different OT name. i'm gonna have to call a hack on this one...

I'm fairly sure you can catch Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave in HGSS. That would explain the Kanto+Friend Ball combination, would it not?

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I'm fairly sure you can catch Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave in HGSS. That would explain the Kanto+Friend Ball combination, would it not?

The summaries of all pokemon from HGSS says that they come from Johto, even if they were chaught in Kanto.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!

While looking through my various poke-shifts, this is what I've found in the various summaries about the origination of the Pokemon:

3rd gen, Colosseum says: Distant Land, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
3rd gen, XD says: Distant Land, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time, Fateful Encounter.
3rd gen R/S/E says: Hoenn, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
3rd gen FR/LG says: Kanto, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
4th gen D/P/Pt says: Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at level___.
4th gen HG/SS says: Johto, Apparently arrived at level ___ .
5th gen from B2/W2 becomes “Faraway Place” if the catch location does not exist in B/W.

e7ernalfroste

Pkmn Connoisseur
the ash man83 said:

This is what i thought ^

But looking at it again something is suspisious with that mewtwo, its that it has those ribbons. It just seems like its been through too many games to be real. sorry :(

I got this for a rayquaza on negotiations
Pokemon Species: Giratina
Nickname:None
OT:Corey
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 27094
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: unknown
IV's: "Outstanding overall, best potential in hp, att is also good, so def, and spa, and spdef, Speed is also good, can't be better in that regard" according to the subway guy
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Levitate or Pressure
Moves: Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Shadow force
Level Caught at:47
Current Level:100
Stats:504 hp, att 328, def 276, spa 212, spdef 276, spe 216
Location Caught: Sinnoh, 1/28/2013
Egg?:no
Pokeball Caught In:Masterball
Any other notes?:

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Bad hack I'm afraid :( I bolded all the things that clinches why this is a hack. The fact that its shiny is always suspisious. Iv's are all perfect looks like (the odds of getting a perfect Giratina outside of events is steep or nigh on impossible.) Adamant nature (best possible nature) along with iv's suggest hack. The masterball is always a bad sign if a pokemon is caught in a master ball. You only get one a game and most people won't use them because people think the pokemon inside them are hacks (because it is the standard in hacked pokemon not that they can't be caught in other balls just its more likely in a masterball.) Lvl 100 clinches it for me (most hacks will be lvl 100.) One more thing if you had a shiny Giratina would you trade it for a Rayquaza? Personally I would want a Melloetta, mew, celebi or another event for it and that is if i would even trade it at all, always ask yourself in one of these trades, would you do that? I am so sorry for you :( I'm afraid all we can hope for is that, that trainers ds smashes and he has to buy a new one. I hate ppl like that trainer this is what ruins pokemon (casually and competitivly) ppl like him. (sorry for rant but i get so angry :mad:)

all of the things you bolded mean nothing, it could have just been RNGed... it's all certainly suspicious, but there's no way to tell 100% either way if this is legal or not. do you know how difficult is it to find a rayquaza in 5th gen if you don't have access to a 3rd gen game or a DS or DS lite to pal park it to 4th gen & another DS to shift it to 5th gen... or you're like me & didn't even like HG/SS so you never finished it to get rayquaza to shift it to 5th gen? you can't evaluate legality by what someone traded to get it, what has value to me may mean nothing to another player...

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
The Giratina is not legal. 4th gen wild Pokémon have the IVs tied to PID, which includes nature. Only uh... 4? natures can have all 31s for IVs - Adamant isn't one of them.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
The Giratina is not legal. 4th gen wild Pokémon have the IVs tied to PID, which includes nature. Only uh... 4? natures can have all 31s for IVs - Adamant isn't one of them.

gotcha...that explanation is one i can accept... i will freely admit to not knowing a lot about RNGing & what's possible & impossible to get in the different generations.

Yeah, 4. Calm, Modest, Timid and Hardy? One of those useless natures, anyway.

Alright then' thanks for the help, I just wanted to know if I could use it in a Wi-Fi tournament or something, I don't care if it's legit, just if it was legal. Your expertise in RNG is amazing.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
Alright then' thanks for the help, I just wanted to know if I could use it in a Wi-Fi tournament or something, I don't care if it's legit, just if it was legal. Your expertise in RNG is amazing.

Well the Wi-Fi hack checker is trash so you could probably get away with it, assuming that it can be put onto the GTS.

Er... sorry to ask after posting such an annoying pokemon but I put away a shiny venusaur for this:
Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: CELEBI
OT:10 ANNIV
OT Gender: Red- female
IDno:00010
Shiny?: No
EV's: Unknown(Presumably none)
IV's: "Relatively superior potential, Fantastic HP" according to subway guy
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to relax
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Ancientpower, Future sight, Baton pass, Perish song
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: hp 240, att 163, def 161, spa 154, spdef 180, spe 135
Location Caught: Hoenn, 5/3/2007
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Other than trading away a shiny female venusaur for it, I checked the trader and pokemon on poke**** and poke***( Which I have been told are unmentionable). A bit suspicious about the met date.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
Er... sorry to ask after posting such an annoying pokemon but I put away a shiny venusaur for this:
Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: CELEBI
OT:10 ANNIV
OT Gender: Red- female
IDno:00010
Shiny?: No
EV's: Unknown(Presumably none)
IV's: "Relatively superior potential, Fantastic HP" according to subway guy
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to relax
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Ancientpower, Future sight, Baton pass, Perish song
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: hp 240, att 163, def 161, spa 154, spdef 180, spe 135
Location Caught: Hoenn, 5/3/2007
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Other than trading away a shiny female venusaur for it, I checked the trader and pokemon on poke**** and poke***( Which I have been told are unmentionable). A bit suspicious about the met date.

It's a hack. The 10th anniversary Celebi could only have the OT 10 ANIV.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
Well, it seems legal then. I checked the stats with the Serebii IV-calculator, and they are fine. The met date doesn't matter as you can change the date on the DS.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

Yeah, 4. Calm, Modest, Timid and Hardy? One of those useless natures, anyway.

6 actually, two are CC spreads so they are not usable for Method 1 pokemon and genderless pokemon. They are also totally useless for hex-flawless (Sassy and Quite) so no one will probably ever bother to RNG for them, but if someone is crazy enough, the spreads are possible. There is also a M4 (?) hex-flawless Naive spread in gen 3, so that is something to look out for as well, although I doubt very many people have RNGed for that.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: Groudon
OT: ASH
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 02586
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Drought
Moves: Strength, Dig, Fire Blast, Eruption