• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan

Tirtouga Fan!
Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.

Hacking their game is Disrespectful, doesnt matter how you slice it. You keep trying to justify your hacking because you only do it a little bit lol and you dont seem to understand that in my eyes it doesnt change my opinion. Just because you do something a little bit doesnt make it ok.

I only steal sometimes so because im not doing it all the time, those few times that i do are now justified and righteous right? See the failed logic?

I also only used it to battle the event pkmn, but you already said that you find that a bit rasonable, and i for one, dont spam legendaries... I spam starters and overlooked pokemon.

Yes and why i dont agree with doing that myself, i can see the point of doing so for some people. Noting wrong with starters and overlooked pokemon :)

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.

The problem with hacking is that it is essentially taking a shortcut in many aspects. For example, getting stuff with perfect Natures as well as perfect IVs and perfect Hidden Power IVs (if required), shinies that some people soft reset for thousands of times over. Competitively when it comes to IVs, Natures and whatnot, it is a slap in the face to people who spend a very long time IV breeding their Pokemon to perfection (not what I do since I just breed for the IVs that matter to me (Attack and Speed for a Physical sweeper for example) and I try to avoid Hidden Powers since they're a pain in the neck to get with a good type and base power while still maintaining a good IV spread for the Pokemon) and resetting for Legendaries that have perfect IVs. From a trade standpoint, you're essentially ripping someone off when you're trading something that is hacked for something that is probably a very rare event Pokemon or something someone spent a very long time IV breeding to perfection. I for one wouldn't knowingly trade a hacked Pokemon for a legitimately obtained one. If I were to trade a hacked one as in one cleverly disguised as a legit one then it isn't my fault. Whoever traded it to me in the first place would be the one at fault. When it comes to an obviously hacked Pokemon, I would know if it's hacked and would definately not trade it.

If it were for say the fact you didn't have WiFi for a WiFi event or lived hours away from an in-life event then it would probably be understandable. Not necessarily justifyable though since it is still hacking.

Fan

Tirtouga Fan!
In the long run though, i dont let it bother me too much seeing those who hack pokemon because after all it is a childrens video game and alot of the fan base are going to act...well childish.

While i consider hacking for shinies and other trivial matters very immature Also showing a poor work ethic where the hacker wants everything handed to him with no effort on his or her part. I just dont really expect much more, kids grow up, and learn it really isnt cool like they thought. Its all just a maturity and laziness issue imo(barring the no wifi issue which is a seperate case)

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Pokemon, as in life as well. All things can be bought, as in real life. I don't want to get into this discussion, but I will say that there are a few instances in which it is useful. That's it, and now we can all agree to disagree? :) I am neither for nor against it

Fan

Tirtouga Fan!
Lol ive been at i dont give a **** stand point from the beginning but that guy decided to take offense to my statement not directed at anybody(guilty conscious maybe;) lol) anid then try to give me orders so figured id say a little more. I agree though, its a pointless discussion seeing as nobody is going to change how they do things regardless

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Lol, well I think it's just a part of pokelife. ;) I'll be more than happy to offer my opinion on hacked pokemon here regardless

Fan

Tirtouga Fan!
I agree but i also think it shouldnt be. It just devalues legitimate pokemon but thats a discussion for another day and a different place. I suppose its best we just stay on topic

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Agreed Fan and so we shall lol. Someone give me pokes to judge! :K

Final

I Submit to No One
My metagross in page 3 XD

I got this through the gts and wanna see if it's legit or hacked =/

Metagross
OT: nimz
OT gender: red
ID: 36737
Shiny: yes
Nature: hardy
Characterizes: steel, psychic
Ability: clear body
Moves: hammer arm, meteor mash, zen headbutt,hyper beam
Level caught: arrived at 98
Now:100
Stats: hp-302
Attack-326
Defense: 284
Sp.attack- 219
Sp def-225
Speed-171
Masterball =/

It seems legit.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?

Final

I Submit to No One
That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?

Well it is shiny and Beldum has the same catch rate as most of the difficult to capture Legendaries. Still, for all we know, the original trainer could have simply used a shiny cheat or something to make it appear shiny or it could well be legitimate.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer

Its extremely hard to chain in sandstorm, or at least harder than usual, AND Beldum has a capture rate of 3. Would you use a masterball on a shiny legendary that only has struggle and would kill itself eventuallly? Beldums only know Take Down, so its perfectly logical to NOT miss the chance to catch it with a Master Ball. Legit.
EDIT: Ninja'd a bit.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Ah I forgot about the take down factor. Thank you for correcting me

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I got a Shiny Lugia(;249;) online, and i'm wondering if it's Hacked or not...

Name: LUGIA
OT: Viro
ID No. 04579
Exp. Points: 1250000
Shiny: Yes
Nature: Adamant
Types: Psychc/Flying
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Giga Impact, Sky Attack, Aeroblast, Future Sight
Level Caught: arrived at Lv. 100.
HP: 349
Attack: 204
Defense: 279
S.Att: 170
S.Def: 334
Speed: 245
Caught With: Master Ball.

Is it Legit? Or Hacked? :confused:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord

Masterballs where quite easy to come by in the 4th gen games. Just trade with enough people to get a large spread of OT numbers, then play the lottery each day. I got a masterball in platinum on average once every 10 days or so. Very useful when hunting shinies.

lewey1988

Name: Bulbasaur
OT: RAZIA
ID No. 24977
Exp. Points: 164
Nature: Brave
Types: Grass/Poison
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growl
Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
HP: 20
Attack: 12
Defense: 11
S.Att: 11
S.Def: 11
Speed: 8
Caught With: Masterball

Name: Oshawott
OT: (Japanese Name)
ID No. 03655
Exp. Points: 240
Nature: Calm
Types: Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
HP: 25
S.Att: 15
S.Def: 12
Speed: 12
Caught With: Pokeball.

are these hacked?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Name: Bulbasaur
OT: RAZIA
ID No. 24977
Exp. Points: 164
Nature: Brave
Types: Grass/Poison
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growl
Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
HP: 20
S.Att: 11
S.Def: 11
Speed: 8
Caught With: Masterball

Name: Oshawott
OT: (Japanese Name)
ID No. 03655
Exp. Points: 240
Nature: Calm
Types: Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
HP: 25
S.Att: 15
S.Def: 12
Speed: 12
Caught With: Pokeball.

are these hacked?

The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.

Pokemon Species:Zoroark
Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
OT: Japanese
OT Gender: Male
IDno:05747
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
Ability: Illusion
Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 57
Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?:yes
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
In reply to Fan and Final
I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.