• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Pokémon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Darkrai
OT: 2012MAY
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 05092
Shiny?: No
EV's: Idk (idk how to find out)
IV's: Idk
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void 10/Ominous Wind 5/Feint Attack 20/Nightmare 15
Level Caught at: 50? Doesnt say but no evidence of levelling.
Current Level: Lv. 50
Stats: 105/101/132/108/138
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos Region from the Unova Region.
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Complete Red Ball. Unknown type. Couple other Mythicals I have are in them.
Any other notes?: Classic Ribbon - A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon. I received this via trade in Unova but havent used it until I was sure it was Legit. Didnt wanna glitch my game. (Btw, I also have a pokemon (Arceus) whose OT says "POKEDIT". Idk what to do with it since its been a mythical I have trying to get since it came out. It did come through Pokebank however. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nevermind on the Darkrai. I found your events forum. Darkrai shows everything like the event. I'm still cautious on the Arceus though...

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pokémon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Darkrai
OT: 2012MAY
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 05092
EV's: Idk (idk how to find out)
IV's: Idk
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void 10/Ominous Wind 5/Feint Attack 20/Nightmare 15
Level Caught at: 50? Doesnt say but no evidence of levelling.
Current Level: Lv. 50
Stats: 105/101/132/108/138
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos Region from the Unova Region.
Pokeball Caught In: Complete Red Ball. Unknown type. Couple other Mythicals I have are in them.
Any other notes?: Classic Ribbon - A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon. I received this via trade in Unova but havent used it until I was sure it was Legit. Didnt wanna glitch my game. (Btw, I also have a pokemon (Arceus) whose OT says "POKEDIT". Idk what to do with it since its been a mythical I have trying to get since it came out. It did come through Pokebank however. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nevermind on the Darkrai. I found your events forum. Darkrai shows everything like the event. I'm still cautious on the Arceus though...
Darkrai looks legal. The complete red ball is called a Cherish Ball and most events come in it.

Your Arceus is hacked. PokeEdit is a computer program similar to PokeGen that creates hacks and sends them to the game. Release Arceus; it's a bad hack.

Thats what I figured. Took forever to find and it turns up hacked. Thank you for your time.

shinydragonairgirl

shiny hunter
Hi I just got this through the wonder trade and wanted to know if it was legit
Pokemon species: bellsprout
Nickname: none
OT:Kevin
OT Gender:male
OT number:32769
EV's: none
IVs: flawless
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: likes to thrash about
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: wrap, sleep powder, poison powder, stun spore
Level caught: lv1
Current level: lv1
Stats: 12,6,5,6,5,6
Egg: yes
Pokeball caught in: pokeball
Location caught: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Other notes: just seems strange someone would wontertrade this

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Location caught: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Is this Bellsprout shiny? And also, does it have a completely flawless spread, or only 5 IVs?

deoxysdude94

I'm gonna miss my boi Deoxys...
I'd say legit. I get a lot of good pokemon on wonder trade, so this wouldn't surprise me. He could have been breeding for a shiny, so he didn't need it. I got a 5 IV kangaskhan a while back, missing sp attack. Sometimes you get lucky.

shinydragonairgirl

shiny hunter
Its shiny and flawless the iv judge said stats like those they simply can't be beat

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Its shiny and flawless the iv judge said stats like those they simply can't be beat
WHICH stats exactly did the IV judge say can't be beat? If it's a 5IV flawless shiny with those 5IVs in random stats that don't match its nature, I'm going to go with legal. If it has 6IVs, I'm going with hacked.

shinydragonairgirl

shiny hunter
All of them

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
All of them
If it's shiny with 6IVs from Unova, chances are that it's hacked. 6IV shinies are extremely rare in the first place, but getting them from Unova is almost impossible unless they were RNG'd. If it were Kalos, it would be a different story, but I'm suspicious of all flawless shinies from Unova.

So basically, this Bellsprout could potentially be RNG'd, or it might be hacked. If I were you, since I can't find any data on this trainer, I would wait until PokeCheck comes out for Gen VI before releasing it. Upload it and see what PokeCheck says about it. But I'm not getting my hopes up that it's legitimate.

If it's shiny with 6IVs from Unova, chances are that it's hacked. 6IV shinies are extremely rare in the first place, but getting them from Unova is almost impossible unless they were RNG'd. If it were Kalos, it would be a different story, but I'm suspicious of all flawless shinies from Unova.

So basically, this Bellsprout could potentially be RNG'd, or it might be hacked. If I were you, since I can't find any data on this trainer, I would wait until PokeCheck comes out for Gen VI before releasing it. Upload it and see what PokeCheck says about it. But I'm not getting my hopes up that it's legitimate.
Or a failed egg RNG, either way it appears legal.

AnglaisRose

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: - Japanese signs -
OT: - Japanese Name -
OT Gender: probably male
IDno: 16280
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) I don't know
IV's: (if known) I don't know
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Crunch, Extreme Speed
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 165/155/95/139/95/110
Location Caught: Hoenn
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
Any other notes?: It has Effort Value Ribbon which is strange considering it hasn't been trained as of yet

Any other notes?: It has Effort Value Ribbon which is strange considering it hasn't been trained as of yet

Hacked, the Rayquaza's in R/S/E are wild caught at level 70

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You can fill a Pokemon's EV via the Super Training, get the Ribbon, then use Reset Bag/EV-resetting berries to erase all the EVs.

But that doesn't matter, that Rayquaza is hacked anyway, for reasons mentioned by the others above.

It also has the Record Ribbon, a Ribbon not available anywhere except via hacking. And let me guess, it also has all the battle and contest ribbons lol

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

Along with all the reasons stated you can also tell it's hacked as it has 6 Japanese characters in its name which wasn't possible without hacking before X and Y. All of its IVs are 0 as well.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Pokemon Species: Ditto
Nickname: in Japanese
OT: Japanese (I'll link to a hopefully clear picture)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) ? it's white
IDno: 00001
EV's: (if known) Not Known
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Imposter
Moves: Transform
Level Caught at: ?
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 300; Att 132; Def 133; Spec Att 132; Spec Def 214; Speed 118
Location Caught: not sure. Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos from Unova.
In a luxury ball
Pictures

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Pokemon Species: Ditto
Nickname: in Japanese
OT: Japanese (I'll link to a hopefully clear picture)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) ? it's white
IDno: 00001
EV's: (if known) Not Known
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Imposter
Moves: Transform
Level Caught at: ?
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 300; Att 132; Def 133; Spec Att 132; Spec Def 214; Speed 118
Location Caught: not sure. Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos from Unova.
In a luxury ball
Pictures

Besides questioning the Trainer ID, I looked up on the data and everything seems to check. I'm more than likely assuming this was RNG abused since it came from the Hidden Hollow (since it's very rare to find an Imposter Ditto in there). Otherwise, I'd say this is legal for the time being, but I'd also suggest to get another opinion or two just in case.