• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Rokon

Pokemon Species: Ho-oh
Nickname: Ho-oh
OT: PPorg
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) white
IDno: 25560
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) not EV trained (has all stats raised a bit)
IV's: (if known) Perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Fly, Gust
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Current Level: 27
Stats: 102, 92, 62, 65, 96, 62
Location Caught: (i'm assuming dream radar)
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: the dream radar pokeball
Any other notes?: I heard you can test if a pokemon is hacked by putting them on the GTS, so i put it on there for a minute and it accepted it, but still not sure if this proves it with previous generation pokemon. I also heard you can catch ho-oh as low as level 5 on the dream radar depending on the number of badges you have.

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: Groudon
OT: Finom
IDno: 14545
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) slightly in all, bit more in attack and speed, but not EV trained
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Drought
Moves: Eruption, Rest, Fissure, Solar Beam
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Current Level:100
Stats: 346/345/320/265/221/203
Location Caught: Hoenn
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: haven't put this one on the GTS if that is a way to test it...

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pokemon Species: Ho-oh
Nickname: Ho-oh
OT: PPorg
IDno: 25560
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) not EV trained (has all stats raised a bit)
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Fly, Gust
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Current Level: 27
Stats: 102, 92, 62, 65, 96, 62
Location Caught: (i'm assuming dream radar)
Pokeball Caught In: the dream radar pokeball
Any other notes?: I heard you can test if a pokemon is hacked by putting them on the GTS, so i put it on there for a minute and it accepted it, but still not sure if this proves it with previous generation pokemon. I also heard you can catch ho-oh as low as level 5 on the dream radar depending on the number of badges you have.

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: Groudon
OT: Finom
IDno: 14545
EV's: (if known) slightly in all, bit more in attack and speed, but not EV trained
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Drought
Moves: Eruption, Rest, Fissure, Solar Beam
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Current Level:100
Stats: 346/345/320/265/221/203
Location Caught: Hoenn
Any other notes?: haven't put this one on the GTS if that is a way to test it...

Ho-Oh is hacked. Dream Radar Pokemon cannot be shiny, and the only way to get a level 20 Ho-Oh is from the Dream Radar.

I don't know about Groudon, but I am ALWAYS suspicious about shiny 6IV legendaries. They're almost never legitimate.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Ho-Oh is hacked. Dream Radar Pokemon cannot be shiny, and the only way to get a level 20 Ho-Oh is from the Dream Radar.

I don't know about Groudon, but I am ALWAYS suspicious about shiny 6IV legendaries. They're almost never legitimate.

While I don't share your skepticism with regards to 5/6 IV'd legends, you are correct about that Groudon, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Quite is not a valid Gen 3/4 spread.

With regards to the OP of those two pokemon, Dream Radar pokemon can be obtained as low as lvl 5, that is correct. They can be RNGed too. I personally RNGed a few lvl 5 legends from the Dream Radar. With regards to testing the legality of pokemon by putting them on the GTS ... Nintendo sucks at hack checking, don't bother relying on them. I'm not really in the know when it comes to gen 6, but in gen 4/5 their hack checking was laughably depressingly terrible. Like I said, I'm no gen 6 expert, but from what I hear they haven't really improved in the hack checking department (that terribly hacked Ho-oh proves this to be true actually). If a pokemon is rejected from the GTS, then it's a terrible hack ... or failed the ridiculous name filter (can Weedle be offered on the GTS this generation? He was banned in gen 5 for having a "bad name"), but if a pokemon passes the GTS filter, well then you can't really tell if it is hacked or not from that.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So ho-oh definitely but groudon not sure but likely? Thank you for the fast reply :)

There's no doubt about it, they are both hacked. Like varanus_komodoensis said, Dream Radar pokemon cannot be shiny, and Ho-oh can only have the Regenerator ability from the Dream Radar. Any shiny Ho-oh below lvl 45 (the lowest lvl Ho-oh could be captured at in gen 4) or any shiny Ho-oh with the Regenerator ability are 100% hacked.

Groudon is equally hacked for the same basic reasons. That IV spread and nature combination did not exist in gen 3. There is no official pokemon game in existence that could generate either of those pokemon, and as such, those pokemon can only be generated by unofficial software external to any legit pokemon game. They were created external to the game and are, by definition, hacked.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Thank you so a 6 IV kyogre would fall into that same catagory? Can't believe how much hacking goes on!

Not necessarily. Just because there is a hex-flawless shiny pokemon does not mean it is default hacked. It just so happens that that Groudon was hacked because it cannot legally exist. There are other spreads that can exist and 3 of those spreads happen to have favorable natures for Special attackers. a hex-flawless Shiny Kyorge isn't really all that rare, so long as it has a valid nature that is.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
... Just so you all know, Dream radar Pokémon can be Shiny; why else wojld there be an entire RNG Guide on Smogon dedicated as ro how tk obtain the Shiny HA Legends from them.

Last edited:

shadow_razor

Shiny Dragon Trainer
I was transferring old pokemon black boxes to my y version and noticed this very suspicious pokemon and I would like to know what you guys think

Pokemon Species: Ditto
Nickname: it's Japanese so I'm not sure
OT: it's in Japanese
OTV color: white
IDno:44986
Shiny?:yes
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature:modest
Characteristic:Somewhat vain
Ability: Limber
Moves: transform
Level Caught at: 64
Current Level:64
Stats: atk.63 def.77 spatk. 90 spdef.86 spd. 76
Location Caught: giant chasm
Egg?:no
Pokeball Caught In: ultra ball
Any other notes?: biggest red flag to me is that the trainer gender color is white

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I was transferring old pokemon black boxes to my y version and noticed this very suspicious pokemon and I would like to know what you guys think

Any other notes?: biggest red flag to me is that the trainer gender color is white

Trainer Gender color is suppose to be white in the newer games

shadow_razor

Shiny Dragon Trainer
Even if it was originally from Gen 5?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Even if it was originally from Gen 5?

Yes, upon transferring to Gen VI, the trainer's gender changes to white. In order to properly hack-check your Ditto, you'll need to list the IVs and EVs. But just at a glance, it looks legal.

shadow_razor

Shiny Dragon Trainer
Yes, upon transferring to Gen VI, the trainer's gender changes to white. In order to properly hack-check your Ditto, you'll need to list the IVs and EVs. But just at a glance, it looks legal.

Potential is above average overall, greatest potential is sp. Def simply can't be beat. EVs are practically non existent with a small amount spread to all stats but it doesn't even have 50 EVs total.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
... Just so you all know, Dream radar Pokémon can be Shiny; why else wojld there be an entire RNG Guide on Smogon dedicated as ro how tk obtain the Shiny HA Legends from them.

I don't know where you got the info that it can be shiny dream radars can't be shiny i remember reading the guide once never saw the guide saying that >.> I would read it agian if i where you.

oh the gender name is normally white in x and y which that is fine as of right now it looks legal to me

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Pokemon Species: Landorus (Therian)
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Sasha
OTV color: White
IDno:53225
EV's: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (Reset with Reset bag)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sludge Bomb, Fly
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP: 319 - Attack: 358 - Defense: 216 - Sp. Atk: 221 - Sp. Def: 196 - Speed: 218
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Any other notes?: Obviously either a hack or a product of RNG. I'm leaning towards a hack, since I seem to remember receiving other hacked Pokemon from the same OT/ID combo, but I'm not 100% sure so I'd like a second opinion.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Pokemon Species: Landorus (Therian)
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Sasha
IDno:53225
EV's: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (Reset with Reset bag)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sludge Bomb, Fly
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP: 319 - Attack: 358 - Defense: 216 - Sp. Atk: 221 - Sp. Def: 196 - Speed: 218
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Any other notes?: Obviously either a hack or a product of RNG. I'm leaning towards a hack, since I seem to remember receiving other hacked Pokemon from the same OT/ID combo, but I'm not 100% sure so I'd like a second opinion.

I'm not familiar with the OT (and the pokecheck blacklist of old seems to have either moved or been taken down, either way I no longer have a link to it) but it appears fine on the surface. One possible hack checking thing you could try is to use the mirror and revert it to its original form. If it had its DW ability (Sheer Force) then it's hacked, but if it has its regular ability (Sand Force) then it looks legal on the surface.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
Here we go, I just got this off the GTS literally 5 seconds ago.

Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: Latias
OT: Namie
IDno:47374
EV's: Appear to be all 0
IV's: x/31/x/31/x/31
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist Ball, Surf, Recover, Shadow Ball
Current Level: 50
Stats: 145/100/119/130/141/117
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Any other notes?: I'm typically suspicious of anything not from Kalos, due to how easy it was to hack in Pokemon.

lunistg

Pokemon Species: Lapras
Nickname: can't read
OT: can't read
OT Gender: male
IDno: 28884
Shiny?: no
IV's: unknown but attack is red and sp. def is blue
Nature: naughty
Characteristic: takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
sing
growl
water gun
ice shard

Level Caught at: egg received 10/1/2014, hatched 10/1/2014
Current Level: 11
Stats: att 29, def, 26, sp att 27, sp def 23, speed 21
Location Caught: hatched Lumiose city
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: moon ball
Any other notes?: got him in a wonder trade, concerned because it is marked as KOR which I guess means koreana nd I read somewhere that Korean games donbt connect without cheating, but also read that that was for previous gens...

Here we go, I just got this off the GTS literally 5 seconds ago.

Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: Latias
OT: Namie
IDno:47374
EV's: Appear to be all 0
IV's: x/31/x/31/x/31
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist Ball, Surf, Recover, Shadow Ball
Current Level: 50
Stats: 145/100/119/130/141/117
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Any other notes?: I'm typically suspicious of anything not from Kalos, due to how easy it was to hack in Pokemon.

1. If it's too good to be true then most likely it is especially if it's from the GTS/Wondertrade it's a popular place for people to get rid of their hacks (I know people that do this).
2. Can you tell us it's hidden power so we can calculate it's IVs correctly? Based off the stats it has 10-11/31/28-29/31/12-13/31 but the hidden power will help narrow down the results

Actually, scratch this, I googled it's OT/ID and it belongs to a known hacker, this OT/ID combo was reported on Smogon too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.