• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Ah, OK thanks xD

It was worth it, since I only traded a ♂LV 51 Togetic non-shiny anyway...

I'm pretty sure the location being "faraway place" makes them hacks. Doesn't that description come from gen 3 games? Current gen ones should say (For rayquaza) "met at sky pillar" and for groudon (and therefore kyogre) should say "Met at cave of origin". If it doesn't say something to that effect, it isn't 6th gen born and is therefore hacked.

@Bidoofdude I would request a tradeback as I highly doubt those mons are legit.

He's reading that off his X/Y game, OR/AS locations show up as "faraway place" Also, re-read the entries:

Just checking some 'mons I got in a trade. Seem legit, but may as well:

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: Doo
OT Gender: White
IDno: 37295
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: Unknown
IV's: 31 in Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: Thunder/Dragon Pulse/Blizzard/Energy Ball
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 71
Stats:
ATK 265, DEF 139, Sp.ATK 240, Sp.DEF 126, SPD 161
Location Caught: Faraway Place
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Met 28/11/2014, has blue pentagon (ORAS)

Pokemon Species: Kyogre
Nickname: Kyogre
OT: Chay
IDno: 09092
IV's: 31 in Defence, Sp.Defence and Speed
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Drizzle
Moves: Body Slam/Aqua Ring/Ice Beam/Rest
Level Caught at: 45
Current Level: 45
Stats:
ATK 110, DEF 99, Sp.ATK 146, Sp.DEF 129, SPD 99
Location Caught: Faraway Place
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: Met 11/27/2014, has blue pentagon (ORAS)

Any help is appreciated. :)

they have the pentagon marks they DO originate from 6th gen.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
He's reading that off his X/Y game, OR/AS locations show up as "faraway place" Also, re-read the entries:

they have the pentagon marks.

you know what your right he must have a x and y game for it to say faraway place that makes more sense i forgot about that part and lol i missed the pentagon marks too just saw them now so yeah as of right now were not sure its still in testing.

pokemonjeff

interested trader

they have the pentagon marks they DO originate from 6th gen.

I didn't realize "faraway place" meant hoenn from ORAS. Thats the tag that used to be used for Orre back in the day, and so on. I kind of just assumed X/Y read it as hoenn.

Also, not to spoil that, but the blue pentagon can be fabricated. It can be added to any mon, even one born of older gens. Unfortunately, just because a pokemon has those, doesn't mean its not bologna.

I would still call them bad. As far as its known, Ray/Kyogre can't be shiny. With all the hundreds if not thousands playing here, surely someone would have it on pictures or video of them getting it. We have all of the others already.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
I'm pretty sure the location being "faraway place" makes them hacks. Doesn't that description come from gen 3 games? Current gen ones should say (For rayquaza) "met at sky pillar" and for groudon (and therefore kyogre) should say "Met at cave of origin". If it doesn't say something to that effect, it isn't 6th gen born and is therefore hacked.

@Bidoofdude I would request a tradeback as I highly doubt those mons are legit.

They were on my X game. I've traded them over to OR. Kyogre was met at Cave of Origin and Rayquaza at Sky Pillar. From everything I can see, the only way we can work out their legitimacy is from the conclusion of shiny testing for the mascots and Rayquaza.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I didn't realize "faraway place" meant hoenn from ORAS. Thats the tag that used to be used for Orre back in the day, and so on. I kind of just assumed X/Y read it as hoenn.

Also, not to spoil that, but the blue pentagon can be fabricated. It can be added to any mon, even one born of older gens. Unfortunately, just because a pokemon has those, doesn't mean its not bologna.

I would still call them bad. As far as its known, Ray/Kyogre can't be shiny. With all the hundreds if not thousands playing here, surely someone would have it on pictures or video of them getting it. We have all of the others already.

you really can't go around just saying its hacked without proof that it can't be shiny which im not saying it legal either there still testing them out so right now so the case is still in question but anyway doesn't always mean its hacked the game has been out for at least a few weeks now give it some time. I think we all should wait until they officially confirm a video that shows that it can be shiny before we make any accusations its hacked or not.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
you really can't go around just saying its hacked without proof that it can't be shiny which im not saying it legal either there still testing them out so right now so the case is still in question but anyway doesn't always mean its hacked the game has been out for at least a few weeks now give it some time. I think we all should wait until they officially confirm a video that shows that it can be shiny before we make any accusations its hacked or not.

I'm not saying they are officially bad. But no news is bad news in this case. Its been out for over two weeks now and we have no confirmation on just them, but we have it on everything else? I would call that bad. If we see news otherwise though, that would be much better.

I suppose there is a slim chance that they are legit, yes. But as far as retrading them goes, I would seriously warn against it as they are probably bad.

Again, I'm not saying that they are 100% bad. It is possibly, although slim, for them to be legit. But, since all current information points to bad, I would call it bad and would strongly recommend against trading them. Also, I'm not accusing them of being hacks. I'm just saying that all current information leads to foul play on shiny weather trios. I'd also wager that, according to the current serebii site, they are shiny locked and I believe that we should use that for reference to this specific case.

ASDS123123

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: In Japanese
OT: TPN
OT Gender: Unsure
IDno: 11145
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Thief/Transform/Attract/Metronome
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 41
Stats:
ATK 80, DEF 100, Sp.ATK 100, Sp.DEF 98, SPD 110
Location Caught: Hoenn Region
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: None

Mr G W

Insect power
I've noticed that some event pokemon can be found in the gts (celebi, jirachi, darkray, shaymin, victini, keldeo and diancie).

Is there any possibility that those could be legit (particularly shaymin and darkray caught in platinum) or are they all hacks?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I've noticed that some event pokemon can be found in the gts (celebi, jirachi, darkray, shaymin, victini, keldeo and diancie).

Is there any possibility that those could be legit (particularly shaymin and darkray caught in platinum) or are they all hacks?

I wouldn't say officially without seeing them, but yeah, likely hacks.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

Eevnt pokemon that were catchable in game but only accessible via an event item can freely be traded over the GTS, these include Darkrai and Shaymin from Platinum, Mew and Deoxys from Emerald. and Victini and Arceus from B/W. Some older event pokemon were distributed without an event ribbon and could also be freely traded over the GTS, such as Celebi, Jirachi, and Mew (as well as a TRU Regigigas). Most gen 4-6 events come with an event ribbon and cannot be traded over the GTS. So, if you see something like Keldeo, Genesect, or Diancie on the GTS, and those pokemon were only distributed with an event ribbon, then it is a sure sign those are hacked. It is somewhat risky to trade for other event legends like Platinum Shaymin or Darkrai because event legends are a common target for hackers, but they can be offered on the GTS from legitimate traders, too.

I'm not sure if the gen 6 GTS blocks ribboned pokemon, but last I heard this was still the case.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Stats:

Shiny Mew is only available on Faraway Island on a Japanese Emerald game. You've got Hoenn going for you, not sure about the unknown caught level.

Stats:
Looks fine, I've seen this Mew before and I'm pretty sure it's just an RNG'd clone.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I have an inquiry. I received a Meloetta from an RNG'er, and everything on it checks out, but it has an English name and its from Japan. its the Eigakan Meloetta. I think it is possible if the person who RNG'd the Meloetta had an English game, hence the English name, but I wanted to be sure. its level 100 so I can't check it that way.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So I have an inquiry. I received a Meloetta from an RNG'er, and everything on it checks out, but it has an English name and its from Japan. its the Eigakan Meloetta. I think it is possible if the person who RNG'd the Meloetta had an English game, hence the English name, but I wanted to be sure. its level 100 so I can't check it that way.

Gen 5 events were region specific, so if it has a Japanese tag but an English name, it's hacked. Do note, though,, that the game will display the pokemon's name in the game's language, so you have to look in the right place to see if the name is truely in English. My memory is shoddy on where the right name is, but I think the name in the upper right hand corner of the summary page is the language of the game and the Pokemon's name on the actual summary card is the original language of the pokemon. If both names are English, it's hacked.

dislocate

Pokemon Species: Dialga
Nickname: Dialga
OT: Sayuri
IDno: 11536
Shiny?: No
EV's: 252 Sp. Attack 122 Hp 126 Attack
IV's: 6 perfect ivs
Nature: Mild
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Brick Break, Thunder
Level Caught at: Don't know
Current Level: 100
Stats: 341/276/248/369/236/216
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region
Pokeball Caught In: Timer ball (i think)
Any other notes?: From GTS

Pokemon Species: Palkia
Nickname: Palkia
OT: Ash
IDno: 01337
EV's: 85 Sp. Attack 85 Hp 85 Attack 85 Defense 85 Speed 85 Sp.Def
IV's: 6 perfect ivs
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Moves: Hydro Pump, Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Spacial Rend
Current Level: 50
Stats: 165/140/120/170/140/120
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball

Pokemon Species: Palkia
Nickname: Charm
OT: Zog
IDno: 37558
EV's: 202 Sp. Attack 56 Attack 252 Speed
IV's: No perfect ivs
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Spacial Rend, Incinerate, Earthquake, Surf
Stats: 319/274/187/332/270/259
Pokeball Caught In: Some purple ball

Zena

Wolf Minded Trainer
Due to being given this pokemon in school. I want to know if this pokemon is legit or not. I received it awhile ago and ran it through the pokebank. But I still wish to make sure. Thank you in advance.

Pokemon Species: Ninetales
Nickname: Not nick-named
OT: CODY
OT Gender: Female (red) (This is the pokemon's gender. If you are asking for the trainers gender color. It was white. This pokemon is currently sitting in my X game)
IDno: 62660
EV's: Not known
IV's: Not known
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Psyshock, Flamethrower, Quick attack, Flame charge
Level Caught at: n/a
Current Level: 67
Stats:
Attack: 121
Defense: 139
Sp. Atk: 132
Sp. Def: 161
Speed: 164
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
Egg?: Nope
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?: It had pokerus but is cured. (Has smiley mark) Was given to me from a person at school who wanted a ditto for it.

Edit: Had mild confusion as to what OT was. ^^; So more info there to clarify in case I made a mistake.

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I have 2 pokemon I would like checked.

Pokemon Species:Diancie
Nickname:none
OT:Eigakan (in japanese but thats the romanized version)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:07194
Shiny?:no
EV's: (if known) maxed out speed and Spatk, the rest in attack
IV's: (if known): 6ivs
Nature:Naive
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ability:Clear Body
Moves:Diamond Storm, Moonblast,HIdden POwer,Psychic
Level Caught at:50
Current Level:50
Stats: hp=125, atk=120, def=170, spatk=151, spdef=153, spd=111
Location Caught:pOkemon Movie 14
Egg?:no
Pokeball Caught In:Cherish
Any other notes?: I'm playing it safe. I think its possible for the ot to be Japanese and the name be in English. It's tag says its French, and it does have the wishing Ribbon

Pokemon Species:Shaymin
Nickname:none
OT:AzuNyan
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:25734
Shiny?:yes
EV's: (if known)maxed out speed and special attack, the rest in special def
IV's: (if known)6ivs
Nature:Timid
Characteristic:Takes plenty of siestas
Ability:Natural Cure
Moves:Leech Seed, Substitute,Seed Flare, Air Slash
Level Caught at:n/a
Current Level:100
Stats:341, 212, 236, 299, 237, 328
Location Caught:Sinnoh
Egg?:no
Pokeball Caught In:premier ball
Any other notes?:I think it is possible for a Shaymin to be shiny, but I'm playing it safe.

arapokeyugioh

Master Mentalist
Got allot of Shiny Pokemon from the GTS I would like checked.

Pokemon Species: Salamence
OT: Ash
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
IDno:01337
IV's: (if known) 31 in all stats
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Earthquake, Fly, Crunch, Dragon Claw
Level Caught at: unknown