• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Deoxys is likely to be hacked, since it is apparently shiny-locked in ORAS. Not sure on Giratina however.

I read some discussion talking about the Legendaries on ASOR, which are not shiny locked. So shiny Deoxys would be possible, however it is more likely to be hacked indeed. Is hard to believe in a shiny Pokemon that good available for trade.

Pokemon species:Mew
Nickname none
OT FAL2010
GENDERLESS
ID 10160
EV no clue
IV no clue
Nature Impish
Characteristic Quick to flee
Ability Synchronize
Level met 5
Current level 5
Stats 25/15/16/14/15/16
Location met Johto
Egg no
Pokeball caught Cherish Ball
Any other notes no

This Mew looks fine to me.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
hi again, I have 2 more to put up for scrutiny. they're both shiny but one seems legit.

the questionable one: female 6v shiny Eevee from WT bold NT, JPN OT: id 52776, daycare egg hatched in Lumiose city (11/17/2013). no extra markers put on the pkmn summary page.
adaptability ability, somewhat vain in summary. moves are covet, charm, curse, yawn. the Eevee is untouched. pink heart ball, loveball??
HP, 12
atk: 5,
df 6
spa 6
sdf 6
spd 6
I doubt its legitimacy a bit as its a bit too good on stats. however I don't discount someone was rather kind to send a legit shiny eevee over WT.

2nd pokemon seems to be the legit one.
shiny Raikou (Johto caught) 1v (31SDF) circle marker checked off, pokerus infected. it has been leveled up from previous trainer, 365.729Xp total. brave nature, Pressure. ultra ball
OT Junoir id: 37529
HP 210
atk 144
df 108
spa 167
sdf 156
spd 157

move are xtrasensory, crunch, discharge and reflect. distributed ev are spread 20-60 to each stat equally (guestimate).

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
hi again, I have 2 more to put up for scrutiny. they're both shiny but one seems legit.

the questionable one: female 6v shiny Eevee from WT bold NT, JPN OT: id 52776, daycare egg hatched in Lumiose city (11/17/2013). no extra markers put on the pkmn summary page.
adaptability ability, somewhat vain in summary. moves are covet, charm, curse, yawn. the Eevee is untouched. pink heart ball, loveball??
HP, 12
atk: 5,
df 6
spa 6
sdf 6
spd 6
I doubt its legitimacy a bit as its a bit too good on stats. however I don't discount someone was rather kind to send a legit shiny eevee over WT.

2nd pokemon seems to be the legit one.
shiny Raikou (Johto caught) 1v (31SDF) circle marker checked off, pokerus infected. it has been leveled up from previous trainer, 365.729Xp total. brave nature, Pressure. ultra ball
OT Junoir id: 37529
HP 210
atk 144
df 108
spa 167
sdf 156
spd 157

move are xtrasensory, crunch, discharge and reflect. distributed ev are spread 20-60 to each stat equally (guestimate).

Eevee is definitely hacked as it cannot legally be in a Love Ball. Not sure about Raikou but it looks okay on first glance.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Eevee is definitely hacked as it cannot legally be in a Love Ball. Not sure about Raikou but it looks okay on first glance.

ty Greedy Chibi. I figured as much after I got over the initial surprise to see its shiny and 6v. i'll probably breed it for a 5-6v Eevee with a male 5v male Vulpix I have for a good male field type breeding stock. i'll evolve it after I get a good breeder. now the hard choice as to which evolution its to become.

I don't have too many doubts about that Raikou either but a second opinion would be helpful. not sure if i'll keep it or string it for another legendary.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Why can't he be in a love ball?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
there are no wild Eevee in HeartGold or SoulSilver, just the gift one you get from Bill which forces the default pokeball.

Oh gotcha.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I just remembered, you can get infinite Eevee in HG if im correct in the celadon game corner for 6666 coins. they however come in regular pokeballs so the love ball hack still holds true.

smileyguy24

Pokemon Species Manaphy japanese
Nickname none
OT Japanese
Genderless
ID 07157
EV no clue
IV no clue
Nature Naive
Characteristic Mischievous
Ability Hydration
Level met 50
Current level 50
Stats 163/120/112/120/99/119
Location met Sinnoh
Egg no
Pokeball Cherish Ball
Any other notes no

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Uummmm, just a question, what happens if you keep a hackmon with you?

smileyguy24

Pokemon Species Darkrai Japanese
Nickname none
OT Japanese
Genderless
ID 04194
EV no clue
IV no clue
Nature Lonely
Characteristic Capable of taking hits
Ability Bad Dreams
Level met 50
Current level 82
Stats 239/199/167/264/166/271
Location met Pokemon Movie 14
Egg no
Pokeball Cherish Ball
Any other notes its fully trained

PKMNTrainerM

I received a Thundurus over the GTS with supposedly 31 IVs in all stats. Is there any way for me to cross check that with its characteristic at all? I tried reading about characteristics and their attachment to IVs but I ended up somewhat confused.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I received a Thundurus over the GTS with supposedly 31 IVs in all stats. Is there any way for me to cross check that with its characteristic at all? I tried reading about characteristics and their attachment to IVs but I ended up somewhat confused.

If you want to find out if it has max IVs talk to the IV Checker. There's one at the top left corner of the Pokemon Centre in Kiloude City (XY) or at the top right of the Pokemon Centre in the Battle Resort (ORAS). If he lists all the stats and says they can't be beat then the Thundurus has max IVs.

PKMNTrainerM

If you want to find out if it has max IVs talk to the IV Checker. There's one at the top left corner of the Pokemon Centre in Kiloude City (XY) or at the top right of the Pokemon Centre in the Battle Resort (ORAS). If he lists all the stats and says they can't be beat then the Thundurus has max IVs.

He does say it has max IVs. I'm just curious as to if he really had max IVs when he was caught or if he was altered. It has the pentagon so I assume it was caught from Alpha Sapphire. I felt like there might be a way to discern if its IVs were originally at all 31 by its characteristic. Which it has a 31 IV characteristic (Likes to Thrash About) but idk I thought there might be a way to know using that. May not be so simple since legends are now caught with at least 3 perfect IVs.

He does say it has max IVs. I'm just curious as to if he really had max IVs when he was caught or if he was altered. It has the pentagon so I assume it was caught from Alpha Sapphire. I felt like there might be a way to discern if its IVs were originally at all 31 by its characteristic. Which it has a 31 IV characteristic (Likes to Thrash About) but idk I thought there might be a way to know using that. May not be so simple since legends are now caught with at least 3 perfect IVs.

There is no way to check if a pokemon was altered or not, unless it's original owner shows up and confirms whether or not it is. Generally, when it comes to the GTS/Wonder Trade if it's too good to be true, most likely it is.

Also, please use this form so we can check all it's surface data:

Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
OT:
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) <--- this will be white in 6th gen
IDno:
Shiny?:
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Moves:
Level Caught at:
Current Level:
Stats:
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

smileyguy24

Could someone look at my posts about darkrai and Manaphy and tell if there legit or so I know before I offer them to people of them

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I have a question regarding Hackmon. I plant to breed my love ball eevee for field group breeder. when I get good iv male loveball eevee I plan to breed it to a legit Vulpix I have to remove the love ball for ultra ball. from there i'll plan to start getting a good breeder. will the ultraball eevee now have become legit?

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I have a question regarding Hackmon. I plant to breed my love ball eevee for field group breeder. when I get good iv male loveball eevee I plan to breed it to a legit Vulpix I have to remove the love ball for ultra ball. from there i'll plan to start getting a good breeder. will the ultraball eevee now have become legit?

Ultra Ball Eevee is fine as you can catch them in XY/ORAS in them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
thank you Greedy Chibi. a vulpix doesn't make the best field breeder to me atm but the eevee makes it easier to keep in the box for other breeding purposes. although I suspect eevee or vulpix would still have equal access to other pkmn. Im using any good vulpix for trading purposes. the original vuplix was 1v XY caught (before I strung it to other moves/vulpix.)

Status
Not open for further replies.