• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got these 2 today on WT. one seems legit?? the other is more suspicious. im not too worried about deerling but slakoth is more suspicious with a masterball to boot. if anything i think slakoth is hacked, not sure about deerling. can anyone confirm this?

Pokemon Species: deerling, likely winter form
Pokemon Gender: male
Nickname: rudolph
OT: sen
IDno: 44966
Shiny?: yes
EV's: 0 to mimimal with only max 10EV??? to HP
IV's: 31/31/31/?/31/31
Nature: adamant
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Ability: chlorophyll
Moves: protect/tackle/agility/synthesis
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12 HP/6 Attack/6 Defense/5 Sp. Atk/6 Sp. Def/Speed 6
Location Caught: kalos
Date Met: (if known) 12/19/2015
Egg?: yes route 7
Pokeball Caught In: regular Ball
Ribbons: None

Pokemon Species: slakoth
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: peeko
OT: thamill
IDno: 32140
EV's: full ATK/speed +4 SDF
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: siestas
Ability: truant
Moves:scratch yawn
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: 22 HP/15 Attack/12 Defense/9 Sp. Atk/10 Sp. Def/Speed 13
Location Caught: hoenn
Date Met: (if known) 7/23/2015
Egg?: N/A
note: held item MASTERBALL

i got these 2 today on WT. one seems legit?? the other is more suspicious. im not too worried about deerling but slakoth is more suspicious with a masterball to boot. if anything i think slakoth is hacked, not sure about deerling. can anyone confirm this?

Pokemon Species: deerling, likely winter form
Pokemon Gender: male
Nickname: rudolph
OT: sen
IDno: 44966
EV's: 0 to mimimal with only max 10EV??? to HP
IV's: 31/31/31/?/31/31
Nature: adamant
Ability: chlorophyll
Moves: protect/tackle/agility/synthesis
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12 HP/6 Attack/6 Defense/5 Sp. Atk/6 Sp. Def/Speed 6
Location Caught: kalos
Date Met: (if known) 12/19/2015
Egg?: yes route 7

Pokemon Species: slakoth
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: peeko
OT: thamill
IDno: 32140
EV's: full ATK/speed +4 SDF
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: siestas
Ability: truant
Moves:scratch yawn
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: 22 HP/15 Attack/12 Defense/9 Sp. Atk/10 Sp. Def/Speed 13
Location Caught: hoenn
Date Met: (if known) 7/23/2015
note: held item MASTERBALL
I'm pretty sure Deerling is fine if it says that the egg came from a Link Trade (TSV hatched).
Slakoth is hacked; there's no way you're going to get a 6IV shiny with a good nature in 6th gen off a random encounter.

mcpimpin9007

Shiny hunter
Is it possible to soft reset the US Hoopa event for a shiny? ive been soft resetting since i got it but the event is almost up. If i wait to long it will look hacked because of the date. Am I wasting my time or are all shiny Hoopas Hacks?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm pretty sure Deerling is fine if it says that the egg came from a Link Trade (TSV hatched).
Slakoth is hacked; there's no way you're going to get a 6IV shiny with a good nature in 6th gen off a random encounter.

thank you for the reply, the deerling is 100% KB not a link trade, no HA on it either. are the chances very high that the masterball the slakoth is holding is hacked? if so would anyone even accept it in a trade knowing it was hacked into existence? i cant be 100% they just added on a legit masterball onto a hacked 6IV shiny random. at most im 95% sure the masterball is hacked as why would they let the hacked pkmn hold it?

Last edited:

Thalaern

Pokemon Species: Haxorus
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: Japanese (Cant really type it)
OT: Bell
IDno: 58623
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) Attack maxed, Then i cant tell how many in speed/ HP But the rest a distrubted there.
IV's: (if known)
Nature:Adament
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Mold breaker
Moves: Outrage, Earth quake, Swords dance, Brick break
Level Caught at: ??
Current Level: 100
Stats: Hp 302, Attack 432, Defense 216, SpA 140, Spd 176, Speed 285
Location Caught: (copying the exact message can help - time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Date Met: (if known)???
Egg?:???
Pokeball Caught In: Cherrish ball

Last edited:
Is it possible to soft reset the US Hoopa event for a shiny? ive been soft resetting since i got it but the event is almost up. If i wait to long it will look hacked because of the date. Am I wasting my time or are all shiny Hoopas Hacks?
No, it can't be shiny. However, the date that your WC says you got it is the date that will show up. If you got the event on Dec 22 2015 and then proceeded to SR for 2 years, it would still say Dec 22 2015.
thank you for the reply, the deerling is 100% KB not a link trade, no HA on it either. are the chances very high that the masterball the slakoth is holding is hacked? if so would anyone even accept it in a trade knowing it was hacked into existence? i cant be 100% they just added on a legit masterball onto a hacked 6IV shiny random. at most im 95% sure the masterball is hacked as why would they let the hacked pkmn hold it?
There's no way to tell if the Master Ball is hacked, but since it comes from a hacked Pokemon and Master Balls are hard to find, it probably is.
Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that the Deerling is hacked too, or at least shinified, although I do know some people who have gotten really lucky with IV shinies randomly.
EV's: (if known) Attack maxed, Then i cant tell how many in speed/ HP But the rest a distrubted there.
Location Caught: (copying the exact message can help - time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Are you sure it's in a Cherish Ball (the red event one)? Because only the Game Show Haxorus can be in a Cherish Ball, and it's not shiny and has a set OT and TID.
If it's not in a Cherish Ball, it's probably from the Nature Preserve in B2W2 since it's shiny and says fateful encounter. Unfortunately I can't find too much info on the exact specifics of it and I don't have a copy of either game, so I have no idea if the fateful encounter is supposed to be there or not.

Last edited:

ZiR

Beginner Collector

If this information is correct, the Nintendo filters are really bad to accept this kind of hack and reject the trade of legitimate Maxsoft Rayquazas. :/

nel3

Crimson Dragon
There's no way to tell if the Master Ball is hacked, but since it comes from a hacked Pokemon and Master Balls are hard to find, it probably is.
Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that the Deerling is hacked too, or at least shinified, although I do know some people who have gotten really lucky with IV shinies randomly.

ty for the reply. i think i have a duplicate shiny winter deerling, got a hacked shiny one with a HA in the past. thanks, i'll see what can do with the master ball then though i wont hide the fact its hacked from anyone. i dont even know if i'll trade it in the first place at this point.

Thalaern

Information on mine was all correct, It is the red event cherish ball which made me think that it was hacked, I couldnt find anything about any haxorus event period so

mcpimpin9007

Shiny hunter
Pokemon Species: Yvelta
Nickname: something in Japanese
OT: XY&Z
IDno: 11055
EV's:
IV's:
Nature: serious
Ability: Dark Aura
Moves: Oblivion wing, sucker punch, dark pulse, foul play
Level Caught at: Met at 100
Stats: HP = 393, Atk = 278, Def = 226, SpAtk = 280, SpDef = 232, Spe = 233
Location Caught/Bred: the Pokemon cartoon
Date Met: (if known) 11/6/2015
Egg?: no
Ball Caught In: Event ball
Ribbons: classic
item: none
Notes: just got this in a trade from the event trading thread, I always double check my trades. The guy said his friend reset his game a few times to get multiple and traded me for one of my legit event hoopas.

Pokemon Species: Yvelta
Nickname: something in Japanese
OT: XY&Z
IDno: 11055
EV's:
IV's:
Nature: serious
Ability: Dark Aura
Moves: Oblivion wing, sucker punch, dark pulse, foul play
Level Caught at: Met at 100
Stats: HP = 393, Atk = 278, Def = 226, SpAtk = 280, SpDef = 232, Spe = 233
Location Caught/Bred: the Pokemon cartoon
Date Met: (if known) 11/6/2015
Egg?: no
Ball Caught In: Event ball
Ribbons: classic
item: none
Notes: just got this in a trade from the event trading thread, I always double check my trades. The guy said his friend reset his game a few times to get multiple and traded me for one of my legit event hoopas.
Looks fine. I would check the IVs just in case and make sure there aren't like 5 or 6 perfects.

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
Indeed looks fine. The pokemon can still be received via code, so that would explain his story.

M.P.

Retired
Pokemon Species: Thundurus
Nickname: N/A
OT: MASTER
IDno: 57210
EV's: Not known
IV's: Not known
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Crunch, Charge, Nasty Plot, Thunder
Level Caught at: Not known, it's transferred.
Current Level: 70
Stats: 191 HP/173 Attack/115 Defence/192 Sp. Atk/133 Sp. Def/170 Speed
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Date Met: Not known
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Pokemon Species: Thundurus
Nickname: N/A
OT: MASTER
IDno: 57210
EV's: Not known
IV's: Not known
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Crunch, Charge, Nasty Plot, Thunder
Level Caught at: Not known, it's transferred.
Current Level: 70
Stats: 191 HP/173 Attack/115 Defence/192 Sp. Atk/133 Sp. Def/170 Speed
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Date Met: Not known
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Did a quick google of OT/TID and nothing came up, so it looks fine. At worst, it's RNG'd, but it's probably someone just getting lucky and finding it shiny.

mcpimpin9007

Shiny hunter
Looks fine. I would check the IVs just in case and make sure there aren't like 5 or 6 perfects.

cool thanks. can someone refer me to how i check ivs in XY and ORAS so i can stop skipping that step?

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Pokemon Species: Magikarp
Nickname: (Something Japanese)
OT: (Someone Japanese)
IDno:03203
EV's: (Hasn't been EV trained)
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Flail, Hydro Pump, Bounce, Splash
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: Lv. 99
Stats: HP (179) Attack (55) Defense (144) Sp. Atk (58) Sp. Def (75) Speed (213)
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Date Met: Unkown
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: none
Any other notes?: It has Pokérus, however, what sticks out to me is the lack of ribbon that I'm pretty sure it's suppose to have, if it is the event I'm thinking of from 2013. I received it through Wonder Trade, so it's quite probable a hack either way. I would just like a second opinion.

Last edited:
cool thanks. can someone refer me to how i check ivs in XY and ORAS so i can stop skipping that step?
He's in the Battle Resort. Works the same way as XY; he'll give you a ballpark saying for the IV of each stat.
Pokemon Species: Magikarp
Nickname: (Something Japanese)
OT: (Someone Japanese)
IDno:03203
EV's: (Hasn't been EV trained)
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Flail, Hydro Pump, Bounce, Splash
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: Lv. 99
Stats: HP (179) Attack (55) Defense (144) Sp. Atk (58) Sp. Def (75) Speed (213)
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Date Met: Unkown
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: none
Any other notes?: It has Pokérus, however, what sticks out to me is the lack of ribbon that I'm pretty sure it's suppose to have, if it is the event I'm thinking of from 2013. I received it through Wonder Trade, so it's quite probable a hack either way. I would just like a second opinion.
Hacked; the classic ribbon was removed from an RNG'd PC Nagoya Magikarp

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Hya. Who could help me analayzing this one?

Raichu
Not shiny
Female
Jap name- i think it's its original name
Jap ot
Id no 09750
Gentle nature
Caught at safari zone at lev 28
Current level 29
Strongly defiant
Date met dd/mm/yy 5.1.15
No ribbons
Unknown evs And ivs
Stats hp atk def satk sdef sped
81 63 36 61 64 73
Moves twave, tbolt, feint, spark
Static ability
Caught in a fast ball

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hya. Who could help me analayzing this one?

Raichu
Not shiny
Female
Jap name- i think it's its original name
Jap ot
Id no 09750
Gentle nature
Caught at safari zone at lev 28
Current level 29
Strongly defiant
Date met dd/mm/yy 5.1.15
No ribbons
Unknown evs And ivs
Stats hp atk def satk sdef sped
81 63 36 61 64 73
Moves twave, tbolt, feint, spark
Static ability
Caught in a fast ball

Hacked. A pokemon caught in the Safari Zone can only be caught in a Safari Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.