• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconx03

Legendary
The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.

It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
In reply to Fan and Final
I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...
It may not be illegal currently, but it certainly is disrespectful. It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.

It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.

As far as I am aware there are no games in which the various starters can be caught in the wild.

Edit: Checking the third, fourth, and fifth gen pokedexes supports my conclusion.

Last edited:

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
Yes,Falcon you were correct - in a Wii game a starter may be caught in a Master ball.

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.
It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.
I count anything that is hacked, just like the majority of other pokemon players.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Pokemon Species:Zoroark
Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
OT: Japanese
OT Gender: Male
IDno:05747
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
Ability: Illusion
Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 57
Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?:yes
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

Looks legit to me because it was hatched the Dark pulse makes sense. It was hatched on route 3 and if the ball is a pokeball that all checks out

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.

It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.

Black&White

I got this shiny on GTS (It's Japanese), it looks legit, but I'm making sure.
Name: Kyurem
Nickname: Airisu (Iris' JP name)
OT/ID (in blue) Genosekuto, 64231
Poké Ball used: Master Ball
Nature: Relaxed
Current Level: 100 (recieved in trade at Lv100)
Stats: HP 387, Atk 306, Def 238, SpAtk 291, SpDef 211, Speed 225
EVs/IVs: IDK, but I got it from GTS, so they're within legal parameters.
Moves: Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Fly.

Let me know if I missed any info, and of course Kyurem's legitimacy.

One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.
The japanese language does not use letters as we are used to them, rather it uses sounds, thus a longer word can contain as little as three or four symbols. You can look it up on wikipedia.

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.
I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
Did not do it illegally
Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
Did not do it illegally
Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)
Doesn't matter, you did it, the game is hacked, you are a cheater. Heck, you just admitted to trading for event pokemon with hacked pokes, that means that you are deliberately scamming other players, and that is even worse.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
Ok, to the guy saying hacking is cheating, disrespectful, unfair, and blah blah blah

don't be a prick to people you don't know on the internet, don't ACCUSE them of doing something illegally, because THAT is disrespectful

second, these games are to let people have fun, as far as I know, spending 12 days of your time hatching for a shiny deino doesnt sound very fun, so a lot of hackers want to have fun, without constantly having to do stuff like SRing, REing, MMing that take precious time out of their lives. I have a friend who hacks shinies and others in pokemon games, but thats only because he has A JOB, A LIFE outside of the game, and pretty much only plays pokemon every once in a while during his free time, and even then, he doesnt use hacked pokemon in official tournaments

so, THINK before you ACT

/endrant

EDIT: @above, the guy didnt say he traded hacks on the GTS for events, he might trade stuff like LEGIT pokemon caught in HACKED masterballs, but who cares? the pokemon is legit, he didn't want to spend time trying to catch the stupid pokemon

Also, this is a HACK CHECK THREAD, not a "OMG he is a hacker, report that disrespectful cheater!" thread, this is a thread to help people, not punish others, so let my post END this current discussion and go back to checking hacks, mmkay?

Last edited:

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
I used my Master Ball on a shiny Beldum because it was about to kill itself with Take Down.

I know *facepalm* I forgot all they know is takedown so I feel dumb now :(

lewey1988

Name: Oshawott
OT: (Japanese Name)
ID No. 03655
Exp. Points: 240
Shiny: Yes
Nature: Calm
Types: Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
HP: 25
Attack: 12
Defense: 11
S.Att: 15
S.Def: 12
Speed: 12
Caught With: Pokeball.

dam im disappointed to hear that bulba's hacked think i got it on gts wat about oshawot?

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Strange that the name is still Oshawott when it was clearly hatched from a Japanese OT... But other than that it looks legit.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Nickname:
OT:It's in Japanese...
OT Gender: IDno:46478
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Moves:Night Daze, Flamethrower, U-turn, Shadow Ball
Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
Current Level: 78
Stats:219,212,111,258,129,212
Location Caught:
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: I got mine at level 55 on GTS Negotiation

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Nickname:
OT:It's in Japanese...
OT Gender: IDno:46478
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Moves:Night Daze, Flamethrower, U-turn, Shadow Ball
Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
Current Level: 78
Stats:219,212,111,258,129,212
Location Caught:
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: I got mine at level 55 on GTS Negotiation

It looks legit to me but I hope that it's been EV trained cause if not the stats are whack.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
I ev trained it and thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.