• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
Alright, I'm here this time to ask about this Shiny I got in a random trade. I'm having trouble deciding the likelihood of it being legit.

Pokemon Species: Florges
Pokemon Gender: F
Nickname: (none)
OT: Kaillus
IDno: 21487
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA (should be exact)
IV's: Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Toxic, Moonblast
Level Caught at: (egg)
Current Level: Lv. 100
Stats: 360/149/172/261/447/186
Location Caught: Link Trade (obtained) / Lumiose City (hatched)
Date Met: 11/23/2013 (egg obtained and egg hatched)
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: Heal Ball
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Any other notes?: I took it to the memory person and it has the memories of being hatched by their owner and being traded to me, so it is actually Kalos born.

Pictures
Basic Summary / Contest Info / Extended Summary

The IV spread is getting me. It's also an awfully early date (same year XY came out) but I'm not sure that holds any worry. Any ideas?

Nothing about your Florges stands out as blatantly illegal.
Date is not too bothersome since there's no real consequence to changing the time and date on one's system.
And with the Time Machine breeding method and the Shiny Value Exchange, its shininess and 6IVs can be plausibly be vouched for.

Road

Shiny Master
Sorry Road. That reply is for nel3. I was probably composing the reply when you posted to this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh my bad, no problem then! Thanks for clearing that up!

As for the rest, thank you!! I just wanted to make sure I didn't offer it for trade when it seemed very blatantly hacked hahah.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If the Serebii.net IV calculator is giving contradictory results compared to the game, believe the game. Since the game has access to the hidden values (IVs and EVs), it cannot give incorrect info in regards to them. The discrepancy arises from assumptions the calculator makes on the values you give it. In your case, this discrepancy is probably being caused by incorrect EVs.

Try using a Reset Bag, or some EV reducing berries, on your Greninja to clear all of its EVs and inputting the new values of the stats and see if the calculator then agrees with the game.

thank you for the reply. it was my EV input that i got wrong in the calculator 232 SPA, 20 ATK 252 Speed. i initially did do a 4 atk and full SPA/Sped EVs at first but removed 20 SPA to give space for 20 atk to greninja

blackstar

The following balls have not been usable since Gen 4 and thus are incompatible with HAs (which were introduced in Gen 5): Fast, Friend, Heavy, Level, Love, Lure, Moon, Safari, Sport

So, if there any 6th gen pokes in the aforementioned balls, these are likely hacks? Is that correct? I received a Tyrunt in a heavy ball, & a Swirlix in a love ball over WT.

Road

Shiny Master
So, if there any 6th gen pokes in the aforementioned balls, these are likely hacks? Is that correct? I received a Tyrunt in a heavy ball, & a Swirlix in a love ball over WT.
This is correct. Balls can be inherited by breeding (even these ones I think), but the species would have to be 4th gen or lower (since they were available in HGSS). As these two are 6th Gen, they are likely hacked. Or, maybe the ball they were caught it was hacked, but in that case there would be no way to tell. (Even by that logic, Tyrunt would be out since, if revived, it comes in a Poke Ball (still right??) and its not possible to get the ball by breeding.)

EDIT: Did some searching on the net and found a handy spreadsheet listing all the possible ball combinations. It seems there are some newer-gen Pokemon with the ball possible, but none from 6th.

Last edited:
If languages work/ worked in Generation 5 like they did in Generation 4, then chances are the Sandile was an egg produced in a Japanese game that was subsequently hatched in an English one. As an example, I had a Pokemon that a German player here evolved for me: it adopted its German name upon changing.
Thanks for the clarification; so language mechanics in previous generations should work similarly to 6th gen.

EDIT: Did some searching on the net and found a handy spreadsheet listing all the possible ball combinations. It seems there are some newer-gen Pokemon with the ball possible, but none from 6th.
There's also this ;)
http://serebii.net/games/pokeball.shtml

eff_ekt

Got a couple of shinies i would like checked out please! thank you in advance :)

Pokemon Species: Porygon-Z
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: None
OT: Tom
IDno: 36544
EV's: Not known
IV's: Not known
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Solar Beam
Level Caught at: Hatched as an egg (level 1 assuming)
Current Level: 100
Stats: 374/284/176/306/186/195
Location Caught: "From a Pokemon Centre in Verdanturf Town, apparently a fateful encounter" ( this is something that trips me out )
Date Met: Egg obtained 17th Jan 2015, egg hatched 10th March 2016 ( this is something that trips me out )
Egg?: Yes, hatched from an egg
Pokeball Caught In: Poke ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: nope

Pokemon Species: Venusaur
Pokemon Gender: Male
OT: Adam
IDno: 50294
EV's: Don't know
IV's: Don't know
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Hidden power, double-edge, petal dance, grass knot
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 32
Stats: 95/58/61/85/75/51
Location Caught: "fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region" wasn't aware there was a special event for a Bulbasaur/Venusaur for Gen 5 games?
Date Met: Don't know
Egg?: Don't think so

Thanks again for your help! :)

Road

Shiny Master
Got a couple of shinies i would like checked out please! thank you in advance :)

Pokemon Species: Porygon-Z
OT: Tom
IDno: 36544
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Solar Beam
Level Caught at: Hatched as an egg (level 1 assuming)
Current Level: 100
Stats: 374/284/176/306/186/195
Location Caught: "From a Pokemon Centre in Verdanturf Town, apparently a fateful encounter" ( this is something that trips me out )
Date Met: Egg obtained 17th Jan 2015, egg hatched 10th March 2016 ( this is something that trips me out )
Egg?: Yes, hatched from an egg

Pokemon Species: Venusaur
OT: Adam
IDno: 50294
EV's: Don't know
IV's: Don't know
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Hidden power, double-edge, petal dance, grass knot
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 32
Stats: 95/58/61/85/75/51
Location Caught: "fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region" wasn't aware there was a special event for a Bulbasaur/Venusaur for Gen 5 games?
Date Met: Don't know
Egg?: Don't think so

Thanks again for your help! :)
There doesn't seem to be any events that would line up with the Porygon, so the "fateful encounter" text shouldn't be there. The date on it isn't so unlikely (someone could have kept the egg in the PC that whole time), but the place is not possible.

As for Bulbasaur, it seems there was egg events for Bulbasaur in Japan and Korea, so it's possible someone could have gotten the egg from one of those games and hatched it on an English game, but I'm not seeing any proof that it would say "fateful encounter"? Someone would have to confirm this.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got this pkmn from WT yesterday. im not sure if its legit, the 6 IVs are great but are some cause for concern.

Pokemon Species: zygarde
Pokemon Gender: na
Nickname: none
OT: Dragony
IDno: 37862
Shiny?: no
EV's: none
IV's: perfect 6 IVs
Nature: adamant
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: aura break
Moves: camouflage, dragon pulse, EQ, and crunch
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: Lv 70
Stats:HP 252, ATK 182, DF196, SPA 126, SDF 159, SPD 159
Location Caught: Kalos
Date Met: 5/11/14
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: normal Ball
Ribbons: none

i got this pkmn from WT yesterday. im not sure if its legit, the 6 IVs are great but are some cause for concern.

Pokemon Species: zygarde
Pokemon Gender: na
OT: Dragony
IDno: 37862
Shiny?: no
EV's: none
IV's: perfect 6 IVs
Nature: adamant
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: aura break
Moves: camouflage, dragon pulse, EQ, and crunch
Current Level: Lv 70
Stats:HP 252, ATK 182, DF196, SPA 126, SDF 159, SPD 159
Location Caught: Kalos
Date Met: 5/11/14
Pokeball Caught In: normal Ball

Theoretically, it's possible. But if it's caught in a Poke Ball, has a good nature, has perfect 6 IVs AND was Wonder Traded, it's probably hacked.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Theoretically, it's possible. But if it's caught in a Poke Ball, has a good nature, has perfect 6 IVs AND was Wonder Traded, it's probably hacked.

thank you very much for the reply. i was aware of the possibility it was legit and they mightn have WT'd some legends before resetting the file. i couldn't be sure if it was just blind luck or a hack 6IV pkmn as it was theoretically possible.

peterabing

It is theoretically possible to get that Pokémon with amazing amount of luck. If you search for the OT and ID Dragony 37862, you will get a result linking to an article in reddit listing all hacked mons. One of these is this specific pokemon. All information there matches to this (including date obtained). So there is high probability that this is the same Pokémon (although a clone). I'm just not sure how they determined that it is hacked. Maybe they digged deeper into this mon's codes?

link in reddit: https://www<dot>reddit<dot>com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/hackedevents

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It is theoretically possible to get that Pokémon with amazing amount of luck. If you search for the OT and ID Dragony 37862, you will get a result linking to an article in reddit listing all hacked mons. One of these is this specific pokemon. All information there matches to this (including date obtained). So there is high probability that this is the same Pokémon (although a clone). I'm just not sure how they determined that it is hacked. Maybe they digged deeper into this mon's codes?

link in reddit: https://www<dot>reddit<dot>com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/hackedevents

ah thank you very much, i didnt know or couldnt find the article where suspect/hack pkmn IDs were posted. i knew there was a list but never checked reddit.

The_Nanobots

One of many
Found this guy on wonder trade, Any thoughts?

Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Nickname: Volcanion (In english)
OT: ネーベル
IDno: 04166
Shiny?: No
EV's: None, I reset them to get an accurate IV check
IV's: HP: 31 AT: 16-17 DF: 5 SA: 12 SD: 31 SP: 31
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Overheat, Hydro Pump, Mist
Current Level: 70
Stats: HP: 213, 170, 193, 195, 136, 124
Location Caught: Pokemon Movie 16
Date Met: 4/30/2016
Egg?: NO
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter

Last edited:

BlackoutSLM

Elite Collector
Found this guy on wonder trade, Any thoughts?

Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Nickname: Volcanion (In english)
OT: ネーベル
IDno: 04166
EV's: None, I reset them to get an accurate IV check
IV's: HP: 31 AT: 16-17 DF: 5 SA: 12 SD: 31 SP: 31
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Overheat, Hydro Pump, Mist
Current Level: 70
Stats: HP: 213, 170, 193, 195, 136, 124
Location Caught: Pokemon Movie 16
Date Met: 4/30/2016
Egg?: NO
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter

You sure it came from Wonder Trade? Pokémon with that Ribbon don't go through Wonder Trade.

The_Nanobots

One of many
You sure it came from Wonder Trade? Pokémon with that Ribbon don't go through Wonder Trade.

Technically I had my brother doing the wonder trading while I took a nap. Seems like he hacked it on my game with his 3ds. I was entirely unaware that there were restrictions on wonder traded pokemon. Thanks for your help, I'm probably just going to release it.

topdeckhaxo_o

Recently got another Pokemon from the GTS. The guy wanted a LV 91-100 Noivern for this Latias, which I did.

Pokemon Species: Latias
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: none (라티아스 [Latias in Korean])
OT: Some Korean name I can't replicate here (because I don't know Korean)
IDno: 63168
EV's: Were randomly distributed between all stats when I got it. As of right now they are 252 in Spd and Spa, with 4 in SpD
IV's: 31/31/28/26/25-26/31
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Levitate
Moves: It came with Fly, Dive, and two other legal moves I can't remember.
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 70 (was at about 60-something when I got it)
Stats (currently): 124 150 243 205 224
Location Caught: Faraway Place (I have Pokemon Y)
Date Met: 12/21/2014
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Ribbons: Effort Ribborn (came with none)
Any other notes?: none

I'm pretty sure this isn't hacked, but it's IVs and nature are pretty good (good enough to use at least) so I would just like to have some other opinions.

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
Recently got another Pokemon from the GTS. The guy wanted a LV 91-100 Noivern for this Latias, which I did.

Pokemon Species: Latias
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: none (라티아스 [Latias in Korean])
OT: Some Korean name I can't replicate here (because I don't know Korean)
IDno: 63168
EV's: Were randomly distributed between all stats when I got it. As of right now they are 252 in Spd and Spa, with 4 in SpD
IV's: 31/31/28/26/25-26/31
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Moves: It came with Fly, Dive, and two other legal moves I can't remember.
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 70 (was at about 60-something when I got it)
Stats (currently): 124 150 243 205 224
Location Caught: Faraway Place (I have Pokemon Y)
Date Met: 12/21/2014
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Ribbons: Effort Ribborn (came with none)
Any other notes?: none

I'm pretty sure this isn't hacked, but it's IVs and nature are pretty good (good enough to use at least) so I would just like to have some other opinions.
Looks perfectly fine to me! Unless there's some restriction against Korean Pokemon on the GTS but I don't think so. Cool find btw!

M.P.

Retired
Got this a while ago, but I started doubting it's legitimacy recently...

Pokemon Species: Carnivine
OT: LUC
IDno: 03828
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Moves: Wring Out, Crunch, Feint Attack, Ingrain
Level Caught at: Unknown (transferred)
Current Level: 48
Stats: 131 HP/103 Attack/77 Defence/94 Sp. Atk/69 Sp. Def/57 Speed
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
Date Met: Not known
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Got this a while ago, but I started doubting it's legitimacy recently...

Pokemon Species: Carnivine
OT: LUC
IDno: 03828
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Moves: Wring Out, Crunch, Feint Attack, Ingrain
Level Caught at: Unknown (transferred)
Current Level: 48
Stats: 131 HP/103 Attack/77 Defence/94 Sp. Atk/69 Sp. Def/57 Speed
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
Date Met: Not known
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Looks fine to me. I don't see why this Pokemon would be hacked. Random shiny encounter and was caught in a master ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.