• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.P.

Retired
Looks fine to me. I don't see why this Pokemon would be hacked. Random shiny encounter and was caught in a master ball.

The main reason I was concerned was it being in a Master Ball: I don't think you can find a Carnivine in D/P/Pt from anywhere else than Safari Zone, and Master Balls can't be used there.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
The main reason I was concerned was it being in a Master Ball: I don't think you can find a Carnivine in D/P/Pt from anywhere else than Safari Zone, and Master Balls can't be used there.

Now that you mentioned it, I actually did check it and your doubt seems to be true. I guess being too over confident did me. I did not bother checking the location of the Pokemon. Yes, it cannot be caught anywhere but safari zone.

M.P.

Retired
Now that you mentioned it, I actually did check it and your doubt seems to be true. I guess being too over confident did me. I did not bother checking the location of the Pokemon. Yes, it cannot be caught anywhere but safari zone.

So it is hacked. Oh well, I expected it. Thanks anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a cherish ball, lvl70 timid darkrai named "N.TypeTheEnd"from WT that apparently had the original OT being AMANDA / 45015. its apparently from the fateful encounter at lvl 50 (4/21/2014) at the PKMN movie 14. this darkrai has no ribbon, has it had it's ribbon removed so it could be WT'd?

Cradily17

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: Galileo
IDno: 08055
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: None
IV's: HP - 31; Attack - 6, 7; Defense - 31; Special Attack - 19; Special Defense - 31; Speed - 23, 24
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: Dragon Ascent; Dragon Claw; Extreme Speed; Dragon Dance
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: HP - 248; Attack - 219; Defense - 152; Special Attack - 228; Special Defense - 152; Speed - 154
Location Caught: a lovely place
Date Met: 8/12/2015
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter.

I just tried trading with someone else and they said the Rayquaza was a PowerSaves one due to the date.

Kevin24

Event Collector
i got a cherish ball, lvl70 timid darkrai named "N.TypeTheEnd"from WT that apparently had the original OT being AMANDA / 45015. its apparently from the fateful encounter at lvl 50 (4/21/2014) at the PKMN movie 14. this darkrai has no ribbon, has it had it's ribbon removed so it could be WT'd?

big hack. it was edited since it has a trainer name and id plus a nickname and ribbon removed. gen 6 events not from eggs cannot have names ot trainer ids and ots

Road

Shiny Master
IV's: HP - 31; Attack - 6, 7; Defense - 31; Special Attack - 19; Special Defense - 31; Speed - 23, 24
Stats: HP - 248; Attack - 219; Defense - 152; Special Attack - 228; Special Defense - 152; Speed - 154

I just tried trading with someone else and they said the Rayquaza was a PowerSaves one due to the date.
I don't see any issue with it. According to the data on that event, it started on August 12 so it makes sense that someone would receive it on that date (especially since it's a Nintendo Network event). The IVs aren't odd and the data all lines up as well.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич

it looks legit but yea unfortunately the date does match the hacked galilleo rayquaza on this list.

unfortunately with powersave events if the event date is legit there is often no way to tell unless you have a deep hack checker. What is the language on the Rayquaza? If it's from Europe it's definitely a hack, if it is english (can't tell if UK or US) then there's unfortunately no way to tell :/ and even then people can play in alternate languages on their cartridges when they receive an event.

Best thing you can do when receiving a trade from those dates is to ask for some kind of proof of redemption if you are unlucky enough to claim your event on the day of a common powersave mysterygift hack. like at least a picture of the mystery gift e-card (if that even means anything, not sure if that is hackable as well)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
big hack. it was edited since it has a trainer name and id plus a nickname and ribbon removed. gen 6 events not from eggs cannot have names ot trainer ids and ots

thank you very much. i'll likely release this one as i have no need for such a bad pkmn.

akuma-chan

Collector
Pokemon Species: Diancie
Pokemon Gender: doesn't show it
Nickname: none
OT: japanese name
IDno: 12125
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) no
IV's: (if known) no
Nature: calm
Characteristic: mischievous
Ability: clear body
Moves: diamond storm, moonblast, reflect, return
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 100
Stats: attack 203 | defense 326 | sp. attack 226 | sp. def 358 | speed 126
Location Caught: a pokemon centre
Date Met: 12/10/2015
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: red event ball
Ribbons: none

Road

Shiny Master
Pokemon Species: Diancie
OT: japanese name
IDno: 12125
Shiny?: yes
Nature: calm
Characteristic: mischievous
Moves: diamond storm, moonblast, reflect, return
Stats: attack 203 | defense 326 | sp. attack 226 | sp. def 358 | speed 126
Location Caught: a pokemon centre
Date Met: 12/10/2015
Pokeball Caught In: red event ball
No ribbon so obvious hack. Diancie can only be received via events and always has a Wishing or Classic Ribbon. This is made to look like the Shiny Diancie Japanese event so it should have Classic Ribbon. Also, the date is 2 days earlier than the event it's made to look like.

Road

Shiny Master
Sorry if this has been discussed before but do people consider cloned Pokémon as hacked?
I've been on Serebii for ages and it seems to be a person-by-person basis. Some people consider it the same as hacking, some don't. I think it depends on the method, though, ie. cloning can be done through glitches or cheat devices, and if it's done through the latter obviously it's hacking.

That being said, if by "people" you mean "Serebii rules" then it states the use of cheating devices is grounds for infractions/banning. Where glitch cloning falls in that, I'm not sure.

akuma-chan

Collector
Just traded my diancie for another one via GTS

Pokemon Species: ディアンシー
OT: えいがかん
IDno: 07194
Shiny?: no
Nature: bold
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Moves: diamond storm, psychic, dazzling gleam, calm mind
Stats: attack 234| defense 397 | sp. attack 261 | sp. def 345 | speed 153
Location Caught: pokemon movie 14
Date Met: 7/24/2014
Pokeball Caught In: master ball
Ribbons: kalos champion and gorgeous royal ribbons

looks hacked but im no expert

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master

Once again, no ribbon. Also it's in a Master Ball, and all Diancie come in Cherish Ball.

Do you know about Serebii's Event Database? If you cross-reference the data there first, it'll save you a lot of time! You can find it here:
http://www.serebii.net/events/

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

Another thing to look out for is if its an event pokemon that usually has an event ribbon when distributed and doesn't have one its fake, if it is a newer event only pokemon then it can't be traded over gts, only a few event only event pokemon don't have ribbons and can be traded over gts but either way gts is mainly only a good place to get hacked mons so I'd stay towards the forums for trading

topdeckhaxo_o

Got another suspicious Pokemon on the GTS.

Pokemon Species: Latios
Pokemon Gender: Male
OT: Japanese O.T.
IDno: 52759
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 30 (has Hidden Power Fire)
Nature: timid
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Luster Purge, Psycho Shift
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 97, 61, 62, 92, 80, 88
Location Caught: Faraway Place (I have Pokemon Y)
Date Met: 11/22/2014
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball

I think it's either hacked or cloned, though of course it is possible it is legit. I offered a random Latias on the GTS and got this in return.

Road

Shiny Master
Got another suspicious Pokemon on the GTS.

Pokemon Species: Latios
Pokemon Gender: Male
OT: Japanese O.T.
IDno: 52759
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 30 (has Hidden Power Fire)
Nature: timid
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Luster Purge, Psycho Shift
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 97, 61, 62, 92, 80, 88
Location Caught: Faraway Place (I have Pokemon Y)
Date Met: 11/22/2014
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball

I think it's either hacked or cloned, though of course it is possible it is legit. I offered a random Latias on the GTS and got this in return.
Hmm, it matches up with the gift Latios you could get in OR, and I've seen people SR that until its flawless/shiny/both. I'm not really sure how getting flawless works since there's no RNG in this gen, but others have said its possible. It has a very specific spread though, which is odd. I personally don't see much wrong with it, but a second opinion might be needed.

topdeckhaxo_o

Maybe the ID number might have some history? I tried Googling it and didn't get anything.

It also has memories (met OT at "somewhere" + "the pokemon remembers it grinned") and the pentagon symbol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.