• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Maybe the ID number might have some history? I tried Googling it and didn't get anything.

It also has memories (met OT at "somewhere" + "the pokemon remembers it grinned") and the pentagon symbol.

I doubt its legit, it being that perfect isn't possible in gen6 without hacking, maybe shiny or hp fire but I doubt both together are legally possible, usually there would be 1 far from perfect stat, but since pokecheck isn't a thing anymore there isn't really much of a way to check its coding to find out

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Pokemon Species: Dialga
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: Japanese name
OT: Japanese
IDno: 06190
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Draco Meteor, Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Roar of time
Level Caught at: Met at 50
Current Level: 100
Stats: 362/224/277/359/280/279
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway place
Date Met: (if known) 16/12/2014
Egg?:N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra ball
Ribbons: Downcast Ribbon, Careless ribbon

It has a long bit of memory of being captured and becoming emotional etc. Came from WT/.

Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway place

It has a long bit of memory of being captured and becoming emotional etc. Came from WT/.
Does it say which region it's from?
If it's not from the Hoenn or Kalos region, it's hacked. It doesn't match up with any events in past generations, and the only way to get a non-event TID shiny Dialga is in the Sinjoh Ruins events, where the Dialga must be in a Poke Ball.
Otherwise if you're viewing this on XY, it may just be a shiny dialga found while flying around on Latios/Latias in ORAS. However, as always, I'd be wary of shiny legendaries on WT.

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Does it say which region it's from?
If it's not from the Hoenn or Kalos region, it's hacked. It doesn't match up with any events in past generations, and the only way to get a non-event TID shiny Dialga is in the Sinjoh Ruins events, where the Dialga must be in a Poke Ball.
Otherwise if you're viewing this on XY, it may just be a shiny dialga found while flying around on Latios/Latias in ORAS. However, as always, I'd be wary of shiny legendaries on WT.

Yes, what I forgot to mention is that it has a blue pentagon on its summary page, which makes it a Pokemon caught in Hoenn?

Road

Shiny Master

Assuming this is in XY so "Faraway Place" is because of it coming from ORAS. However, it looks like it could have flawless IVs (based on just trying to fill EVs in places) which is really unlikely on a stationary legend. Otherwise it doesn't look that odd. I'd default to Fissurous' response tho.

peterabing

I doubt its legit, it being that perfect isn't possible in gen6 without hacking, maybe shiny or hp fire but I doubt both together are legally possible, usually there would be 1 far from perfect stat, but since pokecheck isn't a thing anymore there isn't really much of a way to check its coding to find out

Getting an almost perfect Pokémon in Gen 6 is still possible. If the Pokémon is an in-game legendary where Synchronize can have an effect, the probability of getting the correct nature and 3 perfect IV and 2 IV that are at 30 for the relevant stats (e.g. Timid nature and IV of R/x/R/R/R/R where R is relevant) is around 1 in 2,380. That is a big number but still possible because the legendaries have minimum of 3 perfect IVs.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just got this Ho-oh from WT and it seems to be legit for them most part. can anyone please confirm if its legit?

Pokemon Species: ho-oh
Nickname: firefly
OT: suki (German origin)
IDno: 04755
EV's: 10 in each of the 6 stats
IV's: perfect HP ATK DEF
Nature: serious
Characteristic: plently of siestas
Moves: sunny day, fireblast, sacred fire, punishment
Current Level: 51
Stats: 185/153/113/128/169/99
Location Caught: Faraway place
Date Met: (if known) 1/14/2015
Ribbons: none

Last edited:
i just got this Ho-oh from WT and it seems to be legit for them most part. can anyone please confirm if its legit?

Pokemon Species: ho-oh
Nickname: firefly
OT: suki (German origin)
IDno: 04755
EV's: 10 in each of the 6 stats
IV's: perfect HP ATK DEF
Nature: serious
Characteristic: plently of siestas
Moves: sunny day, fireblast, sacred fire, punishment
Current Level: 51
Stats: 185/153/113/128/169/99
Location Caught: Faraway place
Date Met: (if known) 1/14/2015
Ribbons: none
It looks fine; just a standard shiny Ho-Oh caught in ORAS.

topdeckhaxo_o

Getting an almost perfect Pokémon in Gen 6 is still possible. If the Pokémon is an in-game legendary where Synchronize can have an effect, the probability of getting the correct nature and 3 perfect IV and 2 IV that are at 30 for the relevant stats (e.g. Timid nature and IV of R/x/R/R/R/R where R is relevant) is around 1 in 2,380. That is a big number but still possible because the legendaries have minimum of 3 perfect IVs.

So is this Latios legit then? I'm not very knowledgable on IVs and trainer IDs to know if 31/30/31/30/31/30 is legal on timid Latios found in oras, though I'm pretty sure in oras it's fine.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It looks fine; just a standard shiny Ho-Oh caught in ORAS.

thank you very much Fissurous. i got so many shiny legends from WT that werent all that legit. its nice to see that some are legit.

So is this Latios legit then? I'm not very knowledgable on IVs and trainer IDs to know if 31/30/31/30/31/30 is legal on timid Latios found in oras, though I'm pretty sure in oras it's fine.
Theoretically, it's legal, but having perfect IVs, being caught in a Poke Ball, and coming from the GTS would lead me to assume that it's hacked.

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
So, I got this Hoopa from a trade with a user on SPPF. Everything checks out but the ribbon. Instead of a classic ribbon, it has a footprint ribbon. I'm guessing its a hack?

Edit: Never mind, its a sure hack. Meet date says 8/16/2011.
It's not really the date that is strange as one can set the date of the DS to <insert whatever past date>(until a certain earliest date, ofcourse). However, the Hoopa is hacked as it should have either a classic or a wishing ribbon and it seems yours has neither.

Also that Latias: It's legal, but not legit.

kat1123

Just recieved both of these via trading. I’m not too concerned about the Ninetails but I’m suspicious about the Audino.

Pokemon Species: Ninetails
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: N/A
OT: LINK
IDno: 56738
Shiny?: Yes
IV's: (if known) outstanding potential in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Drought
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz
Level Caught at: N/A, was hatched
Current Level: 88
Stats: Hp - 266, Attack - 180, Defense - 175, Sp. Atk - 209, Sp.Def - 217, Speed - 234
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) N/A
Date Met: (if known) 6/12/2015
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Ultraball
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes
Any other notes?: Next to Egg Hatched, it states "Apparently 6/12/2015" and location is Lumiose City

Pokemon Species: Audino
OT: Leslie
IDno: 37308
IV's: (if known) Outstanding Potential in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Nature: Naive
Ability: Healer
Moves: Disarming Voice, Attract, Refresh, Double Slap
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 10
Current Level: 21
Stats: Hp -80, Attack - 36, Defense - 47, Sp.Atk - 36, Sp. Def - 42, Speed - 35
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Route 6
Date Met: (if known) 5/16/2014
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?:

Road

Shiny Master
Just recieved both of these via trading. I’m not too concerned about the Ninetails but I’m suspicious about the Audino.

Pokemon Species: Ninetails
OT: LINK
IDno: 56738
IV's: (if known) outstanding potential in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Drought
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz
Level Caught at: N/A, was hatched
Current Level: 88
Stats: Hp - 266, Attack - 180, Defense - 175, Sp. Atk - 209, Sp.Def - 217, Speed - 234
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) N/A
Date Met: (if known) 6/12/2015
Pokeball Caught In: Ultraball
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Any other notes?: Next to Egg Hatched, it states "Apparently 6/12/2015" and location is Lumiose City

Pokemon Species: Audino
OT: Leslie
IDno: 37308
IV's: (if known) Outstanding Potential in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Nature: Naive
Ability: Healer
Moves: Disarming Voice, Attract, Refresh, Double Slap
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 10
Current Level: 21
Stats: Hp -80, Attack - 36, Defense - 47, Sp.Atk - 36, Sp. Def - 42, Speed - 35
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Route 6
Date Met: (if known) 5/16/2014
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?:
Both of these seem flawless, and flawless/Shininess is always a reason for concern. However, since Ninetails was hatched it's probably okay. Audino does seem suspicious, as catching a flawless/near-flawless Shiny Pokemon (that's not a legend) is highly unlikely without RNG (which doesn't exist in this gen).

Ninetails is fine, Audino is likely hacked.

kat1123

Both of these seem flawless, and flawless/Shininess is always a reason for concern. However, since Ninetails was hatched it's probably okay. Audino does seem suspicious, as catching a flawless/near-flawless Shiny Pokemon (that's not a legend) is highly unlikely without RNG (which doesn't exist in this gen).

Ninetails is fine, Audino is likely hacked.

Darn, that's what I suspected. Oh well. Atleast I can keep and use ninetails for my team.
Thanks for your help!

Road

Shiny Master
Hi everyone! I received a number of Pokemon in a random trade, and most of them check out except for this one, and it's because of its memories. Let me know your thoughts!

Pokemon Species: Altaria
Pokemon Gender: Female
Nickname: (none)
OT: Ash
IDno: 00905
EV's: Random (20-80 in every stat)
IV's: Flawless
Nature: Brave
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Cotton Guard, Moonblast, Dragon Rush, Feather Dance
Level Caught at: (Egg)
Current Level: Lv. 68
Stats: 201 / 133 / 148 / 121 / 168 / 120 (After EVs removed)
Location Caught: Egg from "Day Care helpers", hatched at "Slateport City"
Date Met: Egg Received 8/17/2015, Egg Hatched 8/17/2015
Pokeball Caught In: Premiere Ball
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon
Any other notes?: When taken to the memory checker, it says "Altaria met Ash at...a tranquil road. Ash threw a Poke Ball at it, and they started traveling together. The Pokemon remembers that it couldn't be true to its feelings."

TwistedMelody

I'm about 9000% sure it's hacked, just because of its rarity and the fact that I got it over Wonder Trade.

Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: It's in Japanese.
OT: Japanese name.
IDno: 04166
Shiny?: No
EV's: not sure
IV's: not sure (but the battle expert said they were all good)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Overheat, Hydro Pump, Mist
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats:
Attack - 162
Defense - 194
Sp. Attack - 277
Sp. Defense - 152
Speed - 125
Location Caught: Apparently a fateful encounter; Pokemon Movie 16
Date Met: 4/16/2016
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes.
Any other notes?: All the symbols by the blue pentagon are black.

Road

Shiny Master
I'm about 9000% sure it's hacked, just because of its rarity and the fact that I got it over Wonder Trade.

Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: It's in Japanese.
OT: Japanese name.
IDno: 04166
Shiny?: No
EV's: not sure
IV's: not sure (but the battle expert said they were all good)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Overheat, Hydro Pump, Mist
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats:
Attack - 162
Defense - 194
Sp. Attack - 277
Sp. Defense - 152
Speed - 125
Location Caught: Apparently a fateful encounter; Pokemon Movie 16
Date Met: 4/16/2016
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes.
Any other notes?: All the symbols by the blue pentagon are black.
And you are 9000% correct. No Wishing Ribbon is the red flag, and it seems to be flawless; you forgot HP stat so I couldn't calculate IVs but the stats match up. (The symbols don't mean anything though; someone just decided to mark them with all of them.)
Also for the future, be wary of anything received on the first date of an event; Wonder Card PowerSaves all have the start dates.

Shameless plug to Serebii'S Event Database which you can cross-reference with for easy hack-checking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.