1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Discussion in '6th Gen Wi-Fi Center' started by ellie, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Fissurous

Fissurous <>< Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually going to say that it's fine. Pokebox Pokemon are rare as is, and shiny ones are even rarer. However, the OT/TID is (somewhat) known to be someone who obtained several shiny PBs legitimately, and hack checking it in previous generations with SIDs/files/etc. should verify that. Also it's a clone of one that's in Kevin24's collection and I trust him lol.

2. Raging Ghost

Raging Ghost Red Dragon Archfiend

Wouldn't that glitch the game?

Anyway, I got another Pokemon to check out.

Pokemon Species: Snivy
    Pokemon Gender: Male
    Nickname: Snivy (no nickname)
    OT: May
    IDno: 35551
    Shiny?: No
    Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Contrary
    Moves: Tackle (that's his only move, apparently)
    Level Caught at: Bred as an egg by the Day Care Helpers, so Level 1, I guess?
    Current Level: 1
    Stats: 11 HP, 5 Attack, 6 in Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed
    Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Day Care Helpers at Route 117
    Date Met: (if known) Apparently 6/21/2016
    Egg?: Yes
    Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball.
    Ribbons: None (I don't think you can pass ribbons by breeding, right?)
    Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes

3. Road

Road Shiny Master

Oh this is good to know for me too! Thanks Fiss, much appreciated! c:

Hm, I don't know. I've released hacks with no issue, but I guess you could WT it off again if you're worried about it. Tbh as long as yer not trading it on here it's up to you.

Anyway, Snivy seems fine. According to IV calc he could be 5IV but it's too low level to tell.

4. ninjaethan

ninjaethan Konnichiwa ~!

OK, thanks^^
    Another one..

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
    Pokemon Gender:
    Nickname:
    OT: WISHMKR
    IDno: 20043
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature: Naughty
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Mimic
    Level Caught at: doesn't say
    Current Level: 5
    Stats: 26/17/16/15/14/15
    Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) time and space from the Hoenn region
    Date Met: (if known)
    Egg?:
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Ribbons: None
    Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): No
    Any other notes?: IDK if Wishmkr Jirachi can be shiny or not!

5. Road

Road Shiny Master

I also have a Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi I was told was "legit," but later I was told it can't be SHiny. Fissurous would know the final call on this though...?

6. ZiR

ZiR Beginner Collector

I do know that Wishmkr Jirachi can be shiny, but the legal combinations are very limited, I don't know the exact number, but I read somewhere that is just 9 legal combinations of shiny Jirachi. However, I have no clue if the combination that you are holding is one of the legal ones. :/

7. Road

Road Shiny Master

After a little research, I've only been able to find that some of the legit natures are Docile, Bashful, Careful, Lonely, Serious and Jolly. I couldn't find a list of the exact ones that are in transit though. Doesn't give much more info as I'm not sure what the last 3 natures are.

8. Fissurous

So I think that WISHMKR Jirachi isn't constrained by any nature combinations; only gen 3 and 4 Pokemon with perfect IV spreads have that. That being said, shiny WISHMKRs are extremely rare, and the 9 out there are pretty much the only ones where there's a common consensus that it's legit/legal. I believe the other natures are hasty, naughty, and timid, and this naughty/thrash about one has been cloned and passed on for a while now, so I think it's fine.

9. PTHobson

PTHobson New Member

Pokemon Species: Mew
    Pokemon Gender: N/A
    Nickname: N/A
    OT: MYSTRY
    IDno: 06930
    Shiny?: NO
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
    Nature: JOLLY
    Characteristic: LIKES TO THRASH ABOUT
    Ability: SYNCHRONIZE
    Current Level: 59 ALMOST 60
    Stats: HP-204
    ATTACK- 155
    DEFENSE- 156
    SP. ATK- 127
    SP. DEF- 140
    SPEED- 156
    Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) A FATEFUL ENCOUNTER SEEMS TO HAVE LED IT ACROSS SPACE AND TIME TO REACH THE KALOS REGION FROM THE HOENN REGION.
    Date Met: (if known)
    Egg?:
    Pokeball Caught In: REGULAR POKEBALL
    Ribbons:
    Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):NO
    Any other notes?: CRAZY HOW I OBTAINED THIS MEW. I WORK AT A PAWN SHOP AND SOMEONE LOST THEIR 3DS AND COPY OF POKEMON Y IN PAWN AND LOW AND BEHOLD THIS MEW WAS ON THE COPY SO I TRADED IT TO MY GAME. IT WAS AT LEVEL 49 THEN AND NOW IS AT LEVEL 59. I ALSO TRIED DEPOSITING ONTO THE GTS AND IT WILL NOT LET IT SAYING IT'S A SPECIAL POKEMON AND CAN'T BE TRADED. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS SO MUCH!

10. Road

Road Shiny Master

Matches info for MYSTRY Mew so that's fine. According to IV calc, this Mew is flawless. Doesn't seem that unlikely since I guess you could RNG back then, and I think this is one of the natures that could get flawless. I'm unsure if it's supposed to say "fateful encounter" tho? I never figured this out for 3rd Gen events.

tl;dr Looks fine to me!

Also, you can't trade any Mew on the GTS, regardless of where you got it; GTS has restrictions of certain mythical/rare Pokemon like that.

11. Ryohei

Ryohei Shiny Hunter

Can Ageto Celebi be shiny legitimately?

12. Kevin24

Kevin24 Event Collector

no it was proved it could not. look it up over on projectpokemon

13. thirteenguy

thirteenguy New Member

hi, when i see a lot of diancie on GTB i try to research and i want to correct it.

may i ask

- legit event pokemon can't be trade via GTB or wonder trade, correct?

- hack event pokemon can't be trade with wi-fi internet FC, correct?

- in wi-fi local can trade every pokemon?

Thank for answer ><

14. Fissurous

Assuming you mean Global Trading Station, almost every event Pokemon cannot be traded legitimately since they have special ribbons that would have to be removed. This is why a lot of events look perfectly fine until you see that it's missing its ribbon, a clear indication of editing.

However, you can trade whatever you want in trades, regardless of whether it is hacked or not over both local and wifi/Internet/friend code. There aren't any restrictions on what you can trade, except for a couple of version exclusives mostly involving items. That being said, we don't permit knowingly trading hacks on this forum; I'm just saying that it's possible.

Unfortunately I have no idea about wonder trade, since I've never used it, so hopefully someone else can answer that part. So to answer your questions: correct, incorrect, correct.

15. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

So a Japanese girl wanted to trade with me on the PSS and so I did. We traded shinies for shinies, and I got a bunch of them. But after we traded I started worrying if maybe they were hacked, so I decided to check their summaries, and thought they looked kinda weird. They all had Faraway Place as their location, but I thought they also would say traveled through space and time or something like that. There are 5 of them so I'll just put them in a spoiler tag.

Pokemon Species: Carvanha
    Pokemon Gender: female
    Nickname: No nickname
    OT: Japanese signs, but according to a japanese alphabet website it spells Ho No Ka in hiragana.
    IDno: 62245
    EV's: (if known) None
    IV's: (if known) 28, 29, 9, 22, 12, 10
    Nature: Jolly
    Characteristic: Quick Tempered
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Moves: Swagger, Ice Fang, Scary Face, Poison Fang
    Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 35
    Current Level: 35
    Stats: HP 86, Atk 78, Def 22, SpA 52, SpD 23, Spe 59
    Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway Place
    Date Met: (if known) 4/16/2016
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
    Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Sharpedo
    Pokemon Gender: male
    OT: Japanese signs, but according to a japanese alphabet website it spells Ho No Ka in hiragana.
    IV's: (if known) 28, 0, 3, 20, 18, 25
    Nature: Quirky
    Characteristic: Scatters things often
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Moves: Crunch, Slash, Scary Face, Poison Fang
    Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 40
    Current Level: 40
    Stats: HP 117, Atk 101, Def 38, SpA 89, SpD 44, Spe 91
    Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway Place
    Date Met: (if known) 7/15/2016
    Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
    Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Barboach
    Pokemon Gender: male
    IV's: (if known) 3, 17, 22, 26, 8, 15
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: Anticipation
    Moves: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Muddy Water, Future Sight
    Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 40
    Current Level: 40
    Stats: HP 117, Atk 101, Def 38, SpA 89, SpD 44, Spe 91
    Date Met: (if known) 7/16/2016 (This one struck me as a little odd, but it's not impossible considering time as of right now is 2AM in Japan)
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokéball
    Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Wailmer
    IV's: (if known) 18, 23, 29, 23, 13, 20
    Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Good perseverence
    Ability: Water Veil
    Moves: Brine, Mist, Dive, Rest
    Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 35
    Current Level: 35
    Stats: HP 142, Atk 55, Def 42, SpA 62, SpD 34, Spe 54
    Date Met: (if known) 7/15/2016
    Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Wailmer
    IV's: (if known) 4, 7, 7, 26, 20 , 17
    Nature: Quiet
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Water Pulse, Mist, Brine, Rest
    Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 30
    Current Level: 30
    Stats: HP 119, Atk 49, Def 28, SpA 59, SpD 32, Spe 41
    Date Met: (if known) 5/13/2016
    Any other notes?:

They look kind of OK, except for the Faraway Place and blue pentagon combo. I really hope I haven't been scammed now :(

Edit: I can't get the spoiler tag to work...

Edit2: I just realised the blue pentagon means that the Pokémon was caught in Gen 6 games, and thus the Pokémon I received may as well have been caught in ORAS. Anyway, I still want to have them checked

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  16. Road

Road Shiny Master

@razor fire

Seems you figured it out but yes, if you have XY and the Pokemon are caught in ORAS, they appear as coming form "Faraway Place."

All of them look fine to me; seems like they're from chain fishing which is difficult but not impossible. (Man I wish I coulda traded with this girl, her OT is great and Shinies hahah.) Also don't worry about the dates; I live in Japan and have things tagged in the future since my DS is in Japanese time (and I have events that are dated one day after the event ended because of the same reason haha). Also the date/time can be changed and isn't a big deal.

17. mathfreak231

mathfreak231 New Member

Mistake in event database or failed hack?

Species: Arceus
    Nickname: None
    OT: Manesh
    ID: 12215
    Not shiny
    No EVs
    IVs: 31-31-15-12-31-17
    Nature: Docile
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Multitype
    Moves: Judgement, Perish Song, Hyper Beam, Recover
    Level met: 100
    Current level: 100
    Stats: 381-276-260-257-276-262
    Location caught: lovely place, a fateful encounter
    Date caught: Sometime in late Dec. 2015. Forgot the exact date.
    Ball: Cherish Ball
    Ribbon: Classic Ribbon
    Blue Pentagon: Yes

Got this in a Wi-Fi trade. It almost completely matches Singapore Maxsoft Arceus on the event dex, but the ribbon listed is the Wish Ribbon; mine has the Classic Ribbon. Is the event dex wrong or did someone actually hack in a Docile Arceus?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  18. Road

Road Shiny Master

Pretty sure it's a hack. The Manesh Arceus was distributed in multiple locations, and according to Bulbapedia does have a Classic Ribbon (but Serebii says Wishing Ribbon so I'm not really sure?!). More than that, this event is not listed as being able to be Shiny, and the only Shiny Arceus is the Japanese movie Arceus.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  19. LLR

LLR Vivillon Trader

I thought he said that it's "NOT SHINY"

20. Mikazuki Marazhu

Mikazuki Marazhu of the Furry Fandom

JPN 2010 Birthday Audino with Wish Ribbon, Classic Ribbon and Birthday Ribbon.
    Is it legit?