• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
No idea. The fact that it was caught in a pokeball also makes me a bit suspicious

yeah that too, but that makes me remember when I used the Japanese rom of black, and caught a reshiram on a pokeball with not so much effort, so that makes me think it can happen to all other people trying to catch reshiram, still...

is there any method to legit check the reshiram on the game?

Rakurai

The fact that all of its IVs are perfect is reason enough to consider it hacked.

It's rare enough to see a Pokemon with even two perfect IVs, let alone six if it wasn't obtained from breeding.

I got this reuniclus from offering musharna on gts, suprisingly, its shiny, I 'm so happy but not happy enough if it hacked

Pokemon Species: Reuniclus
Nickname: japanense name
OT: Aruma (with a bit odd unusual font)
OT Gender: male
IDno: 53990
Shiny?: yes
EV's: unknow
IV's: unknow
Nature: lax
Characteristic: strongly defiant
Ability: magic guard
Moves: recover/psychic/psyshock/pain split
Level Caught at: 19
Current Level: 49
Stats: hp to speed: 170/75/89/131/87/40
Location Caught: route 16
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: ultra ball
Any other notes?: nope

SynchronizeTime

I got this reuniclus from offering musharna on gts, suprisingly, its shiny, I 'm so happy but not happy enough if it hacked

It looks legit to me.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Cheers for the input on chandelure! Nice to know it's legit :)

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
The fact that all of its IVs are perfect is reason enough to consider it hacked.

It's rare enough to see a Pokemon with even two perfect IVs, let alone six if it wasn't obtained from breeding.

I have encountered flawless pokemon in the wild...

Dreamcoat

Seems legit.

Lester20

Pokemon Species: Hydreigon
OT: EVA
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 12437
Shiny?: No
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to run.
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Crunch, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice
Level Caught at: 38
Current Level: 78
Stats: HP 262, Attack 182, Defense 175, Sp.Atk 248, Sp.Def 164, Speed 200
Location Caught: Victory Road

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Pokemon Species: Hydreigon
OT: EVA
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 12437
Shiny?: No
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to run.
Moves: Crunch, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice
Level Caught at: 38
Current Level: 78
Stats: HP 262, Attack 182, Defense 175, Sp.Atk 248, Sp.Def 164, Speed 200
Location Caught: Victory Road

Seems OK to me, there isn't anything obviously wrong with it.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
ok so i got a Cresselia off the GTS and im not sure if its legit or not.

Pokemon Species: Cresselia
Nickname: CRESSELIA
OT: NALI
IDno: 46129
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: none
IV's: don't know
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Moves: (I gave them these since i didnt like what it had) Psychic, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Energy Ball)
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: Attack: 149 defense: 255 special attack: 155 Special defense: 266 Speed: 181
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?:none

Very difficult to tell in 5th gen., it looks legit, but it could have been "Wild modded" at Lv100 with shiny cheats in 4th gen., then transferred to 5th. (which in B/W finding the difference can be difficult)
To determine which possibility is more likely, knowing the original moveset would help

pkfan

loving the 3DS...

well, I dont know if that is trully rare, because I have a conkelldurr with flawless IVS in sp atk and speed (yes in sp atk sucks...), and I found it on wild, so not sure if its so rare

richi3f

Bug Catcher
yeah that too, but that makes me remember when I used the Japanese rom of black, and caught a reshiram on a pokeball with not so much effort, so that makes me think it can happen to all other people trying to catch reshiram, still...

is there any method to legit check the reshiram on the game?

I caught Reshiram on a Premier Ball.

Final

I Submit to No One
I caught Reshiram on a Premier Ball.

I caught mine in a Pokeball. It is not that difficult to capture as long as you've weakened it enough. Especially since it has a much higher catch rate than most other Legendaries.

Lester20

I caught mine in a Pokeball. It is not that difficult to capture as long as you've weakened it enough. Especially since it has a much higher catch rate than most other Legendaries.

Zekrom has the same catch rate.
That reminds me of my capturing Thundurus at Full HP WITH a Quick Ball. No status ailments. Pure luck, my friends.

Legendary Dreams

B/W legendaries aren't difficult to catch.

So far, I've got Thundurus, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Zekrom, all caught in Premier Balls. Except for Cobalion, none of them took me more than 5 Premier Balls. (They were all False-Slashed and only one was Sleeping I think). Cobalion actually took 2 Premier Balls at first, but I SR'ed for IVs and Nature and ended up taking 20 instead. XD

And back to trading business. What defines hacked pokemon? Do cloned Pokemon (Specfically Emerald's) fall under that category?

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
B/W legendaries aren't difficult to catch.

So far, I've got Thundurus, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Zekrom, all caught in Premier Balls. Except for Cobalion, none of them took me more than 5 Premier Balls. (They were all False-Slashed and only one was Sleeping I think). Cobalion actually took 2 Premier Balls at first, but I SR'ed for IVs and Nature and ended up taking 20 instead. XD

And back to trading business. What defines hacked pokemon? Do cloned Pokemon (Specfically Emerald's) fall under that category?

Depends on who you ask really. To me a hacked pokemon has things that are out of the normal limits or caught in a place where it cannot normally be caught, etc. If a pokemon is modified to have better IV's I see that as more legitimate than a Reshiram caught on route 3. Also, cloning pokemon to me is sorta hacking but back in Emerald I'm okay with that. If a pokemon can be played with on WiFi battles then I consider it legit according to Nintendo

Legendary Dreams

Depends on who you ask really. To me a hacked pokemon has things that are out of the normal limits or caught in a place where it cannot normally be caught, etc. If a pokemon is modified to have better IV's I see that as more legitimate than a Reshiram caught on route 3. Also, cloning pokemon to me is sorta hacking but back in Emerald I'm okay with that. If a pokemon can be played with on WiFi battles then I consider it legit according to Nintendo

I've never used GTS, but back in LG, my Eevee from Celadon was shiny (Bad IVs though), so I figured if I sent them to Emerald for cloning and then send them to my Gen V games, infected them with Pokerus, and then put them up on the GTS I would have a pretty good pokemon to offer for trades.

I've obtained the original legally, I just only cloned it (because, let's face it, I'm not going to hatch a million eggs to obtain a full eeveelution shiny set) and am sure people don't mind it was a result of Emerald cloning. Its not like it had great IVs anyway, plus I can offer Pokerus with it (also obtained legtimately in my White Version)

What are your opinions on my particular case?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I've never used GTS, but back in LG, my Eevee from Celadon was shiny (Bad IVs though), so I figured if I sent them to Emerald for cloning and then send them to my Gen V games, infected them with Pokerus, and then put them up on the GTS I would have a pretty good pokemon to offer for trades.

I've obtained the original legally, I just only cloned it (because, let's face it, I'm not going to hatch a million eggs to obtain a full eeveelution shiny set) and am sure people don't mind it was a result of Emerald cloning. Its not like it had great IVs anyway, although I can offer Pokerus (also obtained legtimately in my White Version)

I can't speak for others, but I personally have no problem with pokemon obtained through the Emerald cloning glitch.
However, any pokemon modified or created with the help of external means such as Action Replay I loathe with a vengeance. And I severely dislike anyone who would use such devices.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master

I've obtained the original legally, I just only cloned it (because, let's face it, I'm not going to hatch a million eggs to obtain a full eeveelution shiny set) and am sure people don't mind it was a result of Emerald cloning. Its not like it had great IVs anyway, plus I can offer Pokerus with it (also obtained legtimately in my White Version)

I have no problems with it. The original pokemon was from emerald and people will most likely not be battling with it so no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.