• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Pokemon Species: Blaziken
Nickname: Blaziken
OT: (Japanese name)
OT Gender: male
IDno: 64923
Shiny?: No
EV's: 255 Attack/255 Speed
IV's: 3/16/20/2/18/12 (HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Spd)
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Sturdy body
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Flare Blitz, Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Claw, Protect
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 66
Stats:
HP: 183
Atk: 215
Def: 110
Sp. Atk: 151
Sp. Def: 109
Spd: 160
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
Any other notes?: Obtained it as a Combusken at level 26; it had its Japanese name, which changed to "Blaziken" upon evolution, indicating no nickname; Knew normal level-up moves when I obtained it; Its EVs upon obtaining it suggested it had been used for in-game purposes, I wiped those with berries before EV training it; Nothing appears to be wrong with it, but I just wanted to make absolutely sure.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Nothing inherently wrong with it.

Pokemon Species: Blaziken
Nickname: Blaziken
OT: (Japanese name)
IDno: 64923
EV's: 255 Attack/255 Speed
IV's: 3/16/20/2/18/12 (HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Spd)
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Sturdy body
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Flare Blitz, Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Claw, Protect
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 66
Stats:
HP: 183
Atk: 215
Def: 110
Sp. Atk: 151
Sp. Def: 109
Spd: 160
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
Any other notes?: Obtained it as a Combusken at level 26; it had its Japanese name, which changed to "Blaziken" upon evolution, indicating no nickname; Knew normal level-up moves when I obtained it; Its EVs upon obtaining it suggested it had been used for in-game purposes, I wiped those with berries before EV training it; Nothing appears to be wrong with it, but I just wanted to make absolutely sure.

the only bothering thing is the "hi jump kick" because the moves a dw torchic has is , Scratch, Ember, Growl, Focus Energy, thats what i have seen on all the "legit" dw torchic's, so yeah....

Nothing inherently wrong with it.

really, cant come up with your own phrase, you have to copy serebii user "a person"'s phrase, wow. Great job ;-)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
the only bothering thing is the "hi jump kick" because the moves a dw torchic has is , Scratch, Ember, Growl, Focus Energy, thats what i have seen on all the "legit" dw torchic's, so yeah....

That shouldn't bother you. The Combusken had those exact moves (might have had Peck instead of Growl, not sure) when I got it. When it evolved, I took it to the move relearner to teach it Hi Jump Kick. As can be done with all Blaziken in Generation V. I taught it the moves it currently knows through TM, leveling up, and, as previously stated, the move relearner.

Pokemon Species: Manaphy
Nickname: Manaphy in Japanese
OT: Japanese name
IDno:64658
EV's: No
IV's: No
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Tail Glow, Bubble, Water Sport, Charm
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived ay Lv. 15. Fateful Encounter.
Current Level: 15 (has been used a bit)
Stats: HP = 58, Atk = 41, Def = 38, Sp Atk =35, Sp Def = 36, Speed = 34
Location Caught: Johto
Pokeball Caught In: Normal pokeball
Any other notes?: Received via GTS

Some things seem pretty fishy to me here as it does say anything about being hatched while it is in a normal pokeball and not in a cherish ball. Hack or clone? I dunno unless there is another way of getting this that I am unaware of. Thought to consult my Serebii peers for their thoughts. Thanks for your time!

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I'm not sure, but if it did hatch from an egg, i dont think it would say fateful encounter

And if it was from an event, wouldnt it be in a cherish ball and like level 50? (dont remember what level)

That shouldn't bother you. The Combusken had those exact moves (might have had Peck instead of Growl, not sure) when I got it. When it evolved, I took it to the move relearner to teach it Hi Jump Kick. As can be done with all Blaziken in Generation V. I taught it the moves it currently knows through TM, leveling up, and, as previously stated, the move relearner.

i yes i forgot about move re-learner, thanks for reminding me ;-)

I'm not sure, but if it did hatch from an egg, i dont think it would say fateful encounter

And if it was from an event, wouldnt it be in a cherish ball and like level 50? (dont remember what level)

There were some event Manaphy given out at level 1 and 5 but they would still be in a cherish ball. If it was hatched it would naturally be in a normal pokeball, but there is no mention of hatching. Does hatching it in Pokemon Ranger and then transferring it allow this info to be lost? Forgive the dumb question but I haven't played Pokemon Ranger... but does Ranger take place in Johto region? Searching for possibilities still.

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
There were some event Manaphy given out at level 1 and 5 but they would still be in a cherish ball. If it was hatched it would naturally be in a normal pokeball, but there is no mention of hatching. Does hatching it in Pokemon Ranger and then transferring it allow this info to be lost? Forgive the dumb question but I haven't played Pokemon Ranger... but does Ranger take place in Johto region? Searching for possibilities still.

You can't hatch it in pokemon ranger... I think it would say egg received from Pokemon ranger or something along the lines, and then what route/city it hatched at in your game.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Pokemon Species: Manaphy
Nickname: Manaphy in Japanese
OT: Japanese name
IDno:64658
EV's: No
IV's: No
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Tail Glow, Bubble, Water Sport, Charm
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived ay Lv. 15. Fateful Encounter.
Current Level: 15 (has been used a bit)
Stats: HP = 58, Atk = 41, Def = 38, Sp Atk =35, Sp Def = 36, Speed = 34
Pokeball Caught In: Normal pokeball
Any other notes?: Received via GTS

Some things seem pretty fishy to me here as it does say anything about being hatched while it is in a normal pokeball and not in a cherish ball. Hack or clone? I dunno unless there is another way of getting this that I am unaware of. Thought to consult my Serebii peers for their thoughts. Thanks for your time!
I think it's fine. Looks like a Ranger Manaphy to me. Since it was transferred to 5th gen., it's perfectly normal for it to not say anything about it being an Egg. Ranger Manaphy do have the "Fateful Encounter" tag even though they're hatched, so that part looks okay, too. =)

I think it's fine. Looks like a Ranger Manaphy to me. Since it was transferred to 5th gen., it's perfectly normal for it to not say anything about it being an Egg. Ranger Manaphy do have the "Fateful Encounter" tag even though they're hatched, so that part looks okay, too. =)

Okay! Thanks! I just wasn't certain if it should have the hatched status or not if it was a legit Ranger Manaphy. :D

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Okay! Thanks! I just wasn't certain if it should have the hatched status or not if it was a legit Ranger Manaphy. :D
Nope, it won't say anything about it being hatched, since it wasn't actually hatched in 5th gen. All pokemon hatched in 4th gen. and transferred just say "Arrived at" or whatever, not hatched. Hope that helped. (=

Nope, it won't say anything about it being hatched, since it wasn't actually hatched in 5th gen. All pokemon hatched in 4th gen. and transferred just say "Arrived at" or whatever, not hatched. Hope that helped. (=

Actually according to this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Transfer

and this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Manaphy_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

it would appear it's Ranger Manaphy, so it would come from an egg, so regardless it hatched in 4th gen it would still say "egg apparently hatched at", ill transfer my Manaphy Egg when i get home and ill see what it says, but im sure it would still say that if it's legit.

thetifftiff

Actually according to this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Transfer

and this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Manaphy_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

it would appear it's Ranger Manaphy, so it would come from an egg, so regardless it hatched in 4th gen it would still say "egg apparently hatched at", ill transfer my Manaphy Egg when i get home and ill see what it says, but im sure it would still say that if it's legit.

I know manaphy eggs are special in that they have their own sprites but it would be odd for it to say "egg apparently hatched in Johto" when no other pokemon has this info when transferred to a fifth gen game.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
for what its worth, i have 3 manaphy and all say fateful encounter and arrived at... but nothing about hatching. Also, 2 say they are from Johto and one is from Sinnoh. I was told that the two from Johto were Ranger Manaphys and the last one i got off the GTS like 6 months ago, all in all, it looks perfectly fine

thanks for clearing up about my jiracji. i just thought, wait its never been to johto? and got confused

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
really, cant come up with your own phrase, you have to copy serebii user "a person"'s phrase, wow. Great job ;-)

Heh, didn't think it was a catch phrase or anything, it just popped into my head, honest.

Anyway to keep on topic:
Pokemon Species: Tauros
Nickname: TAUROS
OT: Jarrett
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 11059
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: Above average, 31's in Attack and Speed
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Anger Point
Moves: Rage, Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: 49/35/36/18/29/42
Pokeball Caught In: Safari Ball

Pokemon Species: Cresselia
Nickname: CRESSELIA
OT: Matthew
IDno: 07586
IV's: Above average, fantastic speed
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Light Screen, Charge Beam, Reflect
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 84
Stats: 319/155/236/141/233/205
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Any other notes?: The one thing that tipped this off was the Poke Ball, but otherwise it could be okay...

Just two old shinies I got off of Negotiations a while back. Probably stupid to ask, but it doesn't hurt to make sure if they're hacked or from blacklisted owners or anything.

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
Heh, didn't think it was a catch phrase or anything, it just popped into my head, honest.

Anyway to keep on topic:
Pokemon Species: Tauros
Nickname: TAUROS
OT: Jarrett
IDno: 11059
IV's: Above average, 31's in Attack and Speed
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Anger Point
Moves: Rage, Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: 49/35/36/18/29/42
Pokeball Caught In: Safari Ball

Pokemon Species: Cresselia
Nickname: CRESSELIA
OT: Matthew
IDno: 07586
IV's: Above average, fantastic speed
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Light Screen, Charge Beam, Reflect
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 84
Stats: 319/155/236/141/233/205
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Any other notes?: The one thing that tipped this off was the Poke Ball, but otherwise it could be okay...

Just two old shinies I got off of Negotiations a while back. Probably stupid to ask, but it doesn't hurt to make sure if they're hacked or from blacklisted owners or anything.

They both appear legit...

Anyway,

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: DEOXYS
OT: Namie
IDno: 47374
EV's: None
IV's: HP 26, ATK 0, DEF 23, SPATK 2, SPDEF 3, SPD 27
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Somewhat vain