• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Pokemon Species: Skorupi
Nickname: スコルピ (Skorupi's Japanese name)
OT: Japanese characters
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 03655
Shiny?: Yes
IVs: the best is in Attack, it's not 31 though
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Bite, Leer, Poison Sting
Level Caught at: Hatched at level 1
Current Level: 2
Stats: 13 HP, 7 Atk-SDef-Speed, 8 Def, and 6 SAtk
Location Caught: Hatched in Route 3
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: standard/normal Poke Ball
Any other notes?: my sixth shiny from the GTS, as well as my second shiny from GTS that has the original owner requesting for any Magikarp lol
It's odd that it's Level 2, though. Seems like the original owner wanted to train it at first but then decided against it for whatever reason.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Pokemon Species: Skorupi
Nickname: スコルピ (Skorupi's Japanese name)
OT: Japanese characters
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 03655
Shiny?: Yes
IVs: the best is in Attack, it's not 31 though
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Bite, Leer, Poison Sting
Level Caught at: Hatched at level 1
Current Level: 2
Stats: 13 HP, 7 Atk-SDef-Speed, 8 Def, and 6 SAtk
Location Caught: Hatched in Route 3
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: standard/normal Poke Ball
Any other notes?: my sixth shiny from the GTS, as well as my second shiny from GTS that has the original owner requesting for any Magikarp lol
It's odd that it's Level 2, though. Seems like the original owner wanted to train it at first but then decided against it for whatever reason.

Looks perfectly fine probably the user gave up on it after noticing it's nature :D

^^ nothing inherently wrong with it.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Pokemon Species: Charmander
Nickname: It's in japanese, but probably just Charmander.
OT: A single Japanese character
OT Gender: red
IDno: 00000
Shiny?: No
IVs: 31/??/??/31/31/31 HP Ice.
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischeavous
Ability: Solar Power
Moves: Growl Scratch Ember SmokeScreen
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 30 HP, 16 Atk, 16 Def, 22 SpA, 18 SpD, 21 Spe
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: From a GTS trade, for a tornadus.

It just seems a little too good to be true.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Pokemon Species: Charmander
Nickname: It's in japanese, but probably just Charmander.
OT: A single Japanese character
OT Gender: red
IDno: 00000
Shiny?: No
IVs: 31/??/??/31/31/31 HP Ice.
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischeavous
Ability: Solar Power
Moves: Growl Scratch Ember SmokeScreen
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 30 HP, 16 Atk, 16 Def, 22 SpA, 18 SpD, 21 Spe
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: From a GTS trade, for a tornadus.

It just seems a little too good to be true.

Jolteon's video proved an ID of 00000 was possible, but is anyone else getting suspicious of so many in close succession? Any way, it looks perfectly fine and there is nothing about it that stands out as hacked, but a legitimacy check never hurts

BTW, the exact IV spread is 31/30/30/31/31/31 just in case you were wondering :p

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
how are you guys finding these things? i spend hours on the GTS & never find anything good...or if i do, they want a hacked legendary for it...

alright, there's my poke-whine for the day...

how are you guys finding these things? i spend hours on the GTS & never find anything good...or if i do, they want a hacked legendary for it...

alright, there's my poke-whine for the day...
Same I actually checked most of hte gts trades to see if i could find a shiny for a possible trade...
The only shinies were either for lv 9 reshirams and zekroms or for somehting like a level 9 Pignite or a Lv 9 Garbordor

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Same I actually checked most of hte gts trades to see if i could find a shiny for a possible trade...

Pro-tip: I've never found an available shiny on the GTS while looking for one, but I've found four while looking for something else.

I am suspicious of the charmander's legitness, but it's not an obvious hack, so I'll just keep it for myself.

-Xen-

Pro-tip: I've never found an available shiny on the GTS while looking for one, but I've found four while looking for something else.

I am suspicious of the charmander's legitness, but it's not an obvious hack, so I'll just keep it for myself.

Run it through Pokecheck, just in case.

-Xen-

...Pardon my ignorance, but what's Pokecheck?

You can send a Pokemon's data to the Pokecheck website, and it dissects the data, looking for any abnormalities.

You can also select and download other people's Pokemon, but that's not recommended. The server places a ribbon on the Pokemon, so it can't be counted as legit. (even if it was classified as legit, it's still cheap.)

http://www.pokecheck.org/

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
You can send a Pokemon's data to the Pokecheck website, and it dissects the data, looking for any abnormalities.

You can also select and download other people's Pokemon, but that's not recommended. The server places a ribbon on the Pokemon, so it can't be counted as legit. (even if it was classified as legit, it's still cheap.)

http://www.pokecheck.org/

Sometimes people just download those to breed in which case I think the offspring is considered legitimate.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
what is chance of breeding modest nature and telepathy onto munna at same time? any suggestions on egg moves?

50% chance for nature if parents have it, 40% chance for ability, anyone else wanna do the math? :)

i never thought about musharna's usefulness, so i have no clue about moves...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

yep

I found six already, all while looking for the DW ability one.
Two of them (Sableye & Corsola) actually comes with DW ability :D

Almost seven actually, found someone offering a Level 5 shiny Absol for any Palkia (and I do have a spare Palkia) but decided not to take it since.....I already have a shiny Absol lol. Mine is already Level 95 too.

Basically, it's just like when you're playing the game, you just need to be lucky and don't search for it :p

you are right. any ways, what is chance of breeding modest nature and telepathy onto munna at same time? any suggestions on egg movess?

Try asking that in the Help thread instead of in this thread ;)

-Xen-

Sometimes people just download those to breed in which case I think the offspring is considered legitimate.

Technically it is legit, but I still don't support it (I never supported DNS codes.)

I guess it makes a decent replacement for RNG abuse.

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins
Is it possible for 10 ANIV pokemon to be shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.