• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Might as well release them, or might as well delete my game and start over...?

...and, here you go.

Pokemon Species: Misdreavus
Nickname: Lady Edna
OT:Carlos
OT Gender: Blue
IDno: 21304
Shiny?: No
EV's: I really don't know what those are, so I don't know. ^^;
IV's: Don't know what that is, either. Sorry.
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Often lost in thought.
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Growl, Psywave
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 1
Current Level: 1
Stats: 5/6/6/6/6
Location Caught: Route 5
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Exp. Points....zero. -.-;
No doubt a hack.

safrizal

Wishing Star
Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
OT: SMR2010
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Blue
IDno: 06260
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish, Ice Punch, Rest, Draco Meteor
Level Caught at:5
Current Level: 5
Stats: 25/17/16/14/16/15
Location Caught: Fateful encounter. Johto
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It seems pretty legit. I got it from someone and he didn't obtained it by himself. The thing was that, it was holding a Leichi Berry. And i think items cant be sent overed and it isn't released.

This Jirachi is HACK
Why ??
Look his Trainer name color
All Spring Jirachi OT use SMR2010
even if your (owner that download from wifi) character male, his OT still RED

Last edited:

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
would a pokemon you hacked to get be considered a hack? i mean like using an ar to make all pokemon you encounter shiny, would this make the poke a hack?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
would a pokemon you hacked to get be considered a hack? i mean like using an ar to make all pokemon you encounter shiny, would this make the poke a hack?

Of course the Pokemon would be considered hacked. They wouldn't be legitimately shiny.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
is there any way to tell if the pokemon gotten by hacking that way, is hacked?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
is there any way to tell if the pokemon gotten by hacking that way, is hacked?

Like Infernape Rules said, while you can't tell with a surface check(unless the pokemon can't be shiny), any decent hack checkking program will see it.

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
It's one of the easiest shiny hacking method to detect. Even pokecheck can pick it up. also when checking the hex values etc in a thorough hack check it will show quite prominently as said above.

Falk

I want to find my SID without doing any kind of modification/mess with any files at all on my games and found out that Pokecheck might be the right option since I never will use AR/Pokesav etc. But I'm not sure if this fakegts is safe for my game? My plan is to send a pokemon from white to black(since I'll restart my black version anyway) and check the white pokemon from the black game. Then, I'd delete the save file and start all over on my black version as planned and only RNG on my white game. Pokecheck's FAQ says that there will be no trace at all on your save file if you just use the site for such simple requsts and not send any files to your game. But is this true? And why do they suggest that you revert your DNS settings to auto after and official event? Is it because there WILL be a trace of pokecheck after checking your SID?

I want to find my SID without doing any kind of modification/mess with any files at all on my games and found out that Pokecheck might be the right option since I never will use AR/Pokesav etc. But I'm not sure if this fakegts is safe for my game? My plan is to send a pokemon from white to black(since I'll restart my black version anyway) and check the white pokemon from the black game. Then, I'd delete the save file and start all over on my black version as planned and only RNG on my white game. Pokecheck's FAQ says that there will be no trace at all on your save file if you just use the site for such simple requsts and not send any files to your game. But is this true? And why do they suggest that you revert your DNS settings to auto after and official event? Is it because there WILL be a trace of pokecheck after checking your SID?

I use Pokécheck (not for clone) pretty often, and got no problems with that. First of all, you need to change your DNS, or you'll not be able to send Pokémons. Then you discover your SID.

I had no problem with my save file (as I'll not ever delete the save file) and, speaking of events, you might want to change your Access Point (withouth the Pokécheck DNS) to get the Events without problem. I tried once get the Tornadus Event with theri DNS, but I wasn't able to get it. So I changed my Access Point and got it normally.

You should only send one Pokémon from your White OT to Black. Then, send to Pokécheck's GTS and discover the SID. After that, delete the file and change/delete also your connection sttings, to get back to normal. So you can get Events and get into DW normally.

Hope this helps :)

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
how do you find your sid on a different game with an ar? like poke from black on white and you want to find black pokes sid

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
I was under the impression you could only find your own SID via AR.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
ive heard of other people checking others sid. but whatev i just wanted to put in the code once and not for both my games.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
You need a Pokemon from whatever game you want the SID of in order to find its SID.

You really should be using the help thread by the way.

Aegon

how do you find your sid on a different game with an ar? like poke from black on white and you want to find black pokes sid
Use Pokécheck so that you won't need to make use of an AR. It will also solve your current problem.

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: 다크라이
OT: 한국닌텐도
ID no: 11088
Shiny?: No/False/Negative
EV's: Unknown
IV's: 28, 29 / 0, 1 / 24, 25 / 30, 31 / 2, 3 / 18, 19
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Spacial Rend - Nightmare - Roar of Time - Hypnosis
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 144/85/107/170/96/139
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No/False/Negative
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish
Any other notes?: Im suspicious because the date is 8/22/2010 and by my understanding the NOK Darkrai was released in 2008 and he's Modest and Mischievous which is + Sp.A x2

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: ????
OT: ?????
ID no: 11088
Shiny?: No/False/Negative
EV's: Unknown
IV's: 28, 29 / 0, 1 / 24, 25 / 30, 31 / 2, 3 / 18, 19
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Spacial Rend - Nightmare - Roar of Time - Hypnosis
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 144/85/107/170/96/139
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No/False/Negative
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish
Any other notes?: Im suspicious because the date is 8/22/2010 and by my understanding the NOK Darkrai was released in 2008 and he's Modest and Mischievous which is + Sp.A x2

That date is from when it was PokeTransferred at, not when they got it T-T, dont listen to DragonXmicro he is incorrect.

Last edited:

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
i got a porygon z off the gts. i cant use correct form right now cause i cant copy paste.
porygon z lv100 wifi gift fateful encounter ot kuro* 42314. ivs are 26/25/19/16/30/16 evs are 252 hp and 216 def and 42 special attack. has download ability and ice beam, thunderbolt, tri attack and recover as moves

Status
Not open for further replies.