• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
most likely, doesnt mean guarenteed. i want to know like, agato celebii, faraway mew, those 3rd gen games... cause i have then and i dont want to trade hacks. or is it up to u to determine if its legit or now?
ik some people dont have a life so they may try to rng them or whatever...

faraway island mew, and birth island Deoxys while were on the subject, can indeed be shiny as they were regular wild encounter pokemon and so were generated like any other wild pokemon. Ageto celebi still has that cloud of suspicion over it that is currently being researched but has yet to be proven one way or the other, so thats an "up to the individual" kinda thing atm (for what its worth, Serebii seems to allow it to be traded so Serebii might view it as legit) As for RNGing gen 3 events, that is extremely unlikely. Gen 3 RNG mechanics were only recently discovered and the odds of someone holding onto an event since 2006 so they can RNG it 6 years later in 2012 is extremely unlikely. If anything, those events were hacked into the game or hacking devices were used to get toi the locations (such as a warp code to get to Mews island in emerald, or hacking the Azure flute into the game to get HoO Arceus. If you dont want to trade hacks then the prudent thing to do would be to assume that any shiny event you get that isnt suppose to be shiny is hacked (excluding those recent train station ones) The same goes for flawless event pokemon from gen 3. A Flawless 10 ANIV pokemon was probably edited and not RNGed

faraway island mew, and birth island Deoxys while were on the subject, can indeed be shiny as they were regular wild encounter pokemon and so were generated like any other wild pokemon. Ageto celebi still has that cloud of suspicion over it that is currently being researched but has yet to be proven one way or the other, so thats an "up to the individual" kinda thing atm (for what its worth, Serebii seems to allow it to be traded so Serebii might view it as legit) As for RNGing gen 3 events, that is extremely unlikely. Gen 3 RNG mechanics were only recently discovered and the odds of someone holding onto an event since 2006 so they can RNG it 6 years later in 2012 is extremely unlikely. If anything, those events were hacked into the game or hacking devices were used to get toi the locations (such as a warp code to get to Mews island in emerald, or hacking the Azure flute into the game to get HoO Arceus. If you dont want to trade hacks then the prudent thing to do would be to assume that any shiny event you get that isnt suppose to be shiny is hacked (excluding those recent train station ones) The same goes for flawless event pokemon from gen 3. A Flawless 10 ANIV pokemon was probably edited and not RNGed
So, what you're saying is that:
1. GBA events mostly do not have shiny checks
2. Most wondercard events have shiny checks, except for certain wondercard events, such as the Super-Strong events and PC Fukuoka Groudon/ Kyogre
3. Lax Shiny Ageto Celebi is a hack, but other shiny Ageto Celebi(s) may be legit/ legal hacks, but Kaphotics and the other RNG researchers are still at it, trying to crack whether Celebi actually can be shiny and legit at the same time.
4. Space C Deoxys is possibly shiny, but whether Modest is one of the natures is not confirmed.
Right?
ik some people dont have a life so they may try to rng them or whatever...
Well, RNGing is their life, well, at least some of it :/

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So, what you're saying is that:
1. GBA events mostly do not have shiny checks
2. Most wondercard events have shiny checks, except for certain wondercard events, such as the Super-Strong events and PC Fukuoka Groudon/ Kyogre
3. Lax Shiny Ageto Celebi is a hack, but other shiny Ageto Celebi(s) may be legit/ legal hacks, but Kaphotics and the other RNG researchers are still at it, trying to crack whether Celebi actually can be shiny and legit at the same time.
4. Space C Deoxys is possibly shiny, but whether Modest is one of the natures is not confirmed.
Right?

1. pretty much. The old event pokemon used to be traded directly from one game to the players game iirc so there really wasnt anything in place to prevent a shiny from appearing
2. not most, all won dercard events have shiny checks up to the train station events. Current those 5 pokemon (Pikachu, Sceptile, Swampert, Blazikan, and Groudon) are the only events that can either be shiny or not. Every other wondercard event has a set shiny standard, either yes or no.
3. Yes. the last thing i remember reading was that it was looking like the game prevented celebi from being shiny. When the game landed on a PID frame that would result in a shiny the game simply advanced the frame to the next non-shiny frame. However, they hadn't quite figured out all of the mechanics of pokemon generation and frame advancement in the game to say for certain that the reason the frame advanced like that was to prevent a shiny. The way i read it there was still the possibility that there was something else advancing the frame that they hadnt figured out yet and they still were not 100% sure on the generation mechanics of Celebi.
4. IIRCS Space-C Deoxys was one of those events that was traded straight to the players game and so it didnt have anything in place to prevent it from being shiny. Again though, the odds of one finding its way on the internet is highly unlikely especially given the limited distribution of that event (wasn't it given out at the Huston space station or something like that? How many people in Huston really played pokemon back then? There probably wasnt more then a few thousand at most given out, and the chances of a shiny are still 1/8192)

1. pretty much. The old event pokemon used to be traded directly from one game to the players game iirc so there really wasnt anything in place to prevent a shiny from appearing
2. not most, all won dercard events have shiny checks up to the train station events. Current those 5 pokemon (Pikachu, Sceptile, Swampert, Blazikan, and Groudon) are the only events that can either be shiny or not. Every other wondercard event has a set shiny standard, either yes or no.
3. Yes. the last thing i remember reading was that it was looking like the game prevented celebi from being shiny. When the game landed on a PID frame that would result in a shiny the game simply advanced the frame to the next non-shiny frame. However, they hadn't quite figured out all of the mechanics of pokemon generation and frame advancement in the game to say for certain that the reason the frame advanced like that was to prevent a shiny. The way i read it there was still the possibility that there was something else advancing the frame that they hadnt figured out yet and they still were not 100% sure on the generation mechanics of Celebi.
4. IIRCS Space-C Deoxys was one of those events that was traded straight to the players game and so it didnt have anything in place to prevent it from being shiny. Again though, the odds of one finding its way on the internet is highly unlikely especially given the limited distribution of that event (wasn't it given out at the Huston space station or something like that? How many people in Huston really played pokemon back then? There probably wasnt more then a few thousand at most given out, and the chances of a shiny are still 1/8192)
2. Well, I have heard that the Fukuoka Train Station events aren't the only ones without shiny checks from a source I'd rather not disclose right now.
4. So, your point being, due to the rarity of the Deoxys, plus the odds of someone who actually went to the event itself and SR for shiny, the Deoxys is most likely to be a hack? At least, not tradeable (for now)?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
2. Well, I have heard that the Fukuoka Train Station events aren't the only ones without shiny checks from a source I'd rather not disclose right now.
4. So, your point being, due to the rarity of the Deoxys, plus the odds of someone who actually went to the event itself and SR for shiny, the Deoxys is most likely to be a hack? At least, not tradeable (for now)?

It may be possible that other wondercards dont have the check, but those are the only ones i have heard of (i dont really follow events that much though so its very possible i missed something)

Its hard to say for sure, but its always better to err on the side of caution, or at least mark it as caveat emptor

I'm pretty sure that the recent five events (Pikachu, Hoenn starters, and Groudon) are the only wondercards that don't have a shiny check on them. In addition, just about any 10 Aniv event you see with good IVs is most likely edited, or just outright hacked.

shaymin63

Trainer
I just traded for these yesterday but im just not sure if they are legit or not

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin
OT: Movie11
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 04019
Shiny?: not sure
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare Aromatherapy Substitute Energy Ball
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 50
Location Caught: Dont know
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: An all red ball

Pokemon Species: Jrachi
Nickname: Jrachi
OT: SMR2010
OT Gender: Red
IDno: 06030
Shiny?: Not sure
Nature: Impish
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish Confusion Rest Draco Meteor
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Location Caught:
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Red ball again

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: Mew
OT: In Japanese
IDno: 07157
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Transform Metronome Teleport Aura Sphere
Location Caught:
Pokeball Caught In: red ball once again

Also besides all being caught in the same ball they all have the Gift Ribbon01

If any of them are hacked are they safe to keep in my game?

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins
I just traded for these yesterday but im just not sure if they are legit or not

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin
OT: Movie11
IDno: 04019
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare Aromatherapy Substitute Energy Ball
Location Caught: Dont know
Pokeball Caught In: An all red ball

Pokemon Species: Jrachi
Nickname: Jrachi
OT: SMR2010
OT Gender: Red
IDno: 06030
Shiny?: Not sure
Nature: Impish
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish Confusion Rest Draco Meteor
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Location Caught:
Pokeball Caught In: Red ball again

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: Mew
OT: In Japanese
IDno: 07157
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Transform Metronome Teleport Aura Sphere
Location Caught:
Pokeball Caught In: red ball once again

Also besides all being caught in the same ball they all have the Gift Ribbon01

If any of them are hacked are they safe to keep in my game?

All we need to know now is wether they're shiny, which they can't be (you'll see a red star under pokemon in summary). And their loaction (they should tell you what region they're from).

shaymin63

Trainer
All we need to know now is wether they're shiny, which they can't be (you'll see a red star under pokemon in summary). And their loaction (they should tell you what region they're from).
None have a star and the locations are Mew is Sinnoh, Jirachi is Johto and Shaymin is Sinnih

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
I'm pretty sure that the recent five events (Pikachu, Hoenn starters, and Groudon) are the only wondercards that don't have a shiny check on them. In addition, just about any 10 Aniv event you see with good IVs is most likely edited, or just outright hacked.

And apparently that Lightningrod Pikachu can be shiny too (who knew?). But since it can breed it doesn't really matter imo.

Ageto Celebi CANNOT be shiny. EVER. It was proven by looking in the game's code.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
And apparently that Lightningrod Pikachu can be shiny too (who knew?). But since it can breed it doesn't really matter imo.

Ageto Celebi CANNOT be shiny. EVER. It was proven by looking in the game's code.

ok Ill release mine

shaymin63

Trainer
Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: DEOXYS
OT: Oblivia
OT Gender: Blue
IDno: 03060
Shiny?: No
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Psycho, Boos,t Ice Beam, Psychic, Psycho Shift
Current Level: 67
Location Caught: Johto
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Gift Ribbon01

PokemonAndDBZ

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: None
OT: IN japanese
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) blue
IDno: 57284
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) UT
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Taunt/Pursuit/Psychic/Superpower
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 70/112/39/90/38/103
Location Caught: Kanto
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: It is in its Normal Form, but I'm pretty sure it should be attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.