• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poutwuw

Toa of Bronies
That's not particularly surprising, though.
So it's probably legit, but I can fix it up with some Wings and Vitamins and whatnot?

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Shame about the Chandelure, but don't mind about that compared to the Shiny Totodile! :D
Here's another:

Pokemon Species: Haxorus
Nickname: オノノクス
OT: Japanese (i think)
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 00000
Shiny?: No
EVs: ?
IVs: ?
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ability: Rivalry
Moves: Scary Face, Swords Dance, False Swipe, Dragon Claw
Level Caught at: 29
Current Level: 48
Stats: Attack: 158
Defense: 104
Sp. Attack: 81
Sp. Defense: 83
Speed: 104
HP: 143
Location Caught: Mistralton Cave
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: PokéBall
Any other notes?: only thing that jumps out at me is the ID no.

Looks fine. ID: 00000 can be RNGed.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Oh that's good then. I remeber reading somewhere, i think it was this thread, about an argument about the ID No.s and what they could and couldn't be. Thanks for clearing it up.

chuchu08

Pokemon Species: Dialga
Nickname: DIALGA
OT: NIKO
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 53556
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Roar of Time, Iron Tail, Earth Power, Aura Sphere
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: Attack: 328
Defense: 295
Sp. Attack: 345
Sp. Defense: 241
Speed: 189
HP: 334
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: Date says 21.2.2007

Pokemon Species: Drifblim
Nickname: Blimpy
OT: Allen
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 26821
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Ability: Aftermath
Moves: Swallow, Spit Up, Ominous Wind, Baton Pass
Level Caught at: Apparently met at Lv. 49
Current Level: 49
Stats: Attack: 90
Defense: 48
Sp. Attack: 95
Sp. Defense: 79
Speed: 90
HP: 216
Location Caught: Route 13
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: Date says 21.6.12

Nomik18

Estia
Pokemon Species: Raikou
Nickname: N/A
OT: WIN2011
OT Gender: male, blue
IDno: 02071
EV's: 252 SpAtk and Speed, 4 HP
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/31
Nature: Rash
Moves: Aura Sphere, Weather Ball, Hidden Power (grass), Extrasensory
Level Caught at: Fateful Encouter at lvl30
Stats: 322/205/186/360/212/329
Location Caught: Wi-Fi Gift
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: I got this from the GTS (the happiness), but I tried to into Random mathup and after testing, Raikou has "some problem".

Kevin24

Event Collector
Pokemon Species: Raikou
Nickname: N/A
OT: WIN2011
OT Gender: male, blue
IDno: 02071
EV's: 252 SpAtk and Speed, 4 HP
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/31
Nature: Rash
Moves: Aura Sphere, Weather Ball, Hidden Power (grass), Extrasensory
Level Caught at: Fateful Encouter at lvl30
Stats: 322/205/186/360/212/329
Location Caught: Wi-Fi Gift
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: I got this from the GTS (the happiness), but I tried to into Random mathup and after testing, Raikou has "some problem".
it's hacked since the event beasts cannot be traded over gts because they have a classic ribbon. since the ribbon was hacked off it's hacked

Nomik18

Estia
it's hacked since the event beasts cannot be traded over gts because they have a classic ribbon. since the ribbon was hacked off it's hacked

My god! <insert swear here>

So, the random matchup thingy found it through that? Or is Raikou banned as species?

And another question: So, to get me an event Raikou, I need to trade over Wi-Fi with some fella?

Kevin24

Event Collector
just get a legit one from someone in a wifi trade. i don't battle so you should ask someone who does fro what is banned in random matchup.

I didnt realize people went through the trouble to hack and generate pokemon, what is the worst that can happen if i get a hacked one?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I didnt realize people went through the trouble to hack and generate pokemon, what is the worst that can happen if i get a hacked one?

Generally speaking, nothing. I believe you can be banned from official if they find that you have one on your team, but as I don't go to tournaments, I don't know much about that.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Generally speaking, nothing. I believe you can be banned from official if they find that you have one on your team, but as I don't go to tournaments, I don't know much about that.

According to various people in the Competitive forum, they've banned people with completely legitimate Pokémon out of suspicion. :/

randomspot555

In the past, the rules of VGC have said you can be kicked out if ANY of the Pokemon or items on your cart, not just the 6 or whatever Pokemon that are registered with the tournament, have legality problems. I remember one specific poster at Smogon said they were kicked out because they had too many Stealth Rock TMs since in D/P/Plat, SR was a Gym Leader TM. The rules also specifically point out that you're responsible for the legality of all your Pokemon, even if you received it in a trade or the GTS.

The rules are written very broadly so they can kick you out for any or no reason. If you want to be super safe, I'd suggest purchasing a cart specifically for a tournament and ONLY using Pokemon you raise yourself and not trading with anyone until the tournament ends.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
In the past, the rules of VGC have said you can be kicked out if ANY of the Pokemon or items on your cart, not just the 6 or whatever Pokemon that are registered with the tournament, have legality problems. I remember one specific poster at Smogon said they were kicked out because they had too many Stealth Rock TMs since in D/P/Plat, SR was a Gym Leader TM. The rules also specifically point out that you're responsible for the legality of all your Pokemon, even if you received it in a trade or the GTS.

The rules are written very broadly so they can kick you out for any or no reason. If you want to be super safe, I'd suggest purchasing a cart specifically for a tournament and ONLY using Pokemon you raise yourself and not trading with anyone until the tournament ends.

therein is the joy & the need for more than one cart for each generation...this is why i have multiple games for each gen...

Status
Not open for further replies.