• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy Coated Gengar

Pokemon Species: Glaceon
Nickname: Korean letters, unsure if it's just Glaceon.
OT: Korean letters
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 10678
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: Don't know
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Ability: Ice Body
Moves: Helping Hand, Tail Whip, Tackle, Sand Attack
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 36, 17, 28, 27, 27, 18
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?:
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i351/TrollBrau/121002-142042.jpg

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: None
OT: Space C
OT Gender: red
IDno: 0010
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: A little quick tempered.
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Cosmic Power, Recover, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: 159, 156, 132, 130, 144, 292
Location Caught: Hoenn.
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Sorry, couldn't get the glare to go away after that first photo.

Pokemon Species: Piplulp
Nickname: Japanese letters
OT: Japanese letters
IDno: 07202
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Highly curious.
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Peck, Sing, Round, Feather Dance
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: 41, 19, 21, 29, 25, 20
Location Caught: Wi-Fi Gift
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: Sorry, couldn't get the glare to go away after the first photo.

Pokemon Species: Charmander
OT: Ray (it's in the same large lettering that is used by Japanese games for English)
IDno: 13546
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Ability: Solar Power
Moves: Smoke Screen, Ember, Growl, Scratch
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 30, 16. 16. 20, 18, 23
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: Sorry, couldn't get the glare to go away after the first photo.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Pokemon Species: Piplulp
OT: Japanese letters
IDno: 07202
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Highly curious.
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Peck, Sing, Round, Feather Dance
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: 41, 19, 21, 29, 25, 20
Location Caught: Wi-Fi Gift
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball

IIRC, the Recital Piplup is supposed to have a Classic Ribbon attached to it, so if you got it off the normal GTS instead of Negotiation, it's hacked.

Candy Coated Gengar

IIRC, the Recital Piplup is supposed to have a Classic Ribbon attached to it, so if you got it off the normal GTS instead of Negotiation, it's hacked.

Sorry, it does have a Classic Ribbon. There wasn't a place specifically for that on the form and I didn't think to include that (because usually I add a photo of the ribbon). Sorry for the confusion.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well then it looks fine :)

Next time, just use the "any other notes" part for the ribbon info ;)

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
You can trade pokemon with event ribbons on GTS negotations? I didn't know about that.

Vandslaux

I have tried to trade a GAMESTP Jirachi and couldn't.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
Event legendaries like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys ect can't be traded on the GTS negotations event though they can be traded at the regular GTS (I tried offering a Mew on GTS negotations before and it didn't work). However, it seems like you can offer other events like the Crown beasts and the singing Piplup that was mentioned before on GTS negotations even though they can't be offered at the regular GTS. That's really weird. Why did Nintendo make it like that?

Event legendaries like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys ect can't be traded on the GTS negotations event though they can be traded at the regular GTS (I tried offering a Mew on GTS negotations before and it didn't work). However, it seems like you can offer other events like the Crown beasts and the singing Piplup that was mentioned before on GTS negotations even though they can't be offered at the regular GTS. That's really weird. Why did Gamefreak make it like that?

because it's Gamefreak, and they frequently do things that make no sense to anyone else.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I just tried offering some events (singing Piplup, GAMESTP Suicune and something more that I don't remember) on GTS negotations and it didn't work, so you can't trade events with ribbons on the GTS negotations.

Mokepon22

Species: Palkia
OT: AA
OT Gender: male
ID#: 53058
EV's: HP - 50, Atk - 61, Def - 70, Sp. Atk - 37, Sp. Def - 20, Spd - 75
IV's: HP - 2, Atk - 22, Def - 25, Sp. Atk - 16, Sp. Def - 27, Spd - 27
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Moves: Water Pulse, Earth Power, Dragon Claw, Spacial Rend
Level Caught at: 62
Current Level: 62
Stats: HP - 192, Atk - 176, Def -170, Sp. Atk - 206, Sp. Def - 173, Spd - 140
Location Caught: "Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at level 62."
Pokeball Caught In: Master ball
Any other notes?: Date Caught has 1/1/2002

gooddoggy10

I am far from an expert, but from what i know i think this Palkia is a fake. While the date caught has nothing to do with it, as date caught is according to the ds' internal clock. The fact that it was caught at 62, which Palkia cannot be caught at as he is level 47 in pearl, level 70 in platinum, and level 1 from heart gold/soul silver event.

By the way how do you know its ev's even though it has yet to level up? as far as i know the ev's only come into account if the pokemon levels up, or is put into the pc at level 100, Is that level 100 assumption wrong?

Mokepon22

I am far from an expert, but from what i know i think this Palkia is a fake. While the date caught has nothing to do with it, as date caught is according to the ds' internal clock. The fact that it was caught at 62, which Palkia cannot be caught at as he is level 47 in pearl, level 70 in platinum, and level 1 from heart gold/soul silver event.

By the way how do you know its ev's even though it has yet to level up? as far as i know the ev's only come into account if the pokemon levels up, or is put into the pc at level 100, Is that level 100 assumption wrong?

Pokegen, and I haven't used it since I got it so IDK about the EVs

dewey911p

primus inter pares
When transferred the lvl it was caught at disappears and the level it was transferred at is all that is recorded on the new summary. Just because it says lvl 62 now does not mean it was caught at lvl 62, that is why it should say "Arrived at lvl ___". Also, EVs can been seen before leveling up with things like pokegen, pokecheck, and action replay. what you were thinking of is that in gen 4 EVs don't have an effect on the stats until the pokemon levels up, but the EVs are still there.

All in all there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

gooddoggy10

When transferred the lvl it was caught at disappears and the level it was transferred at is all that is recorded on the new summary. Just because it says lvl 62 now does not mean it was caught at lvl 62, that is why it should say "Arrived at lvl ___". Also, EVs can been seen before leveling up with things like pokegen, pokecheck, and action replay. what you were thinking of is that in gen 4 EVs don't have an effect on the stats until the pokemon levels up, but the EVs are still there.

Pokegen, and I haven't used it since I got it so IDK about the EVs

Thank you guys for clearing that up for me and I hope you enjoy the Palkia, who is far more likely legit than not.
Sorry for the confusion I caused, and once again thanks for clearing up my mix up.

Mokepon22

Ahh, thanks :D

Thank you guys for clearing that up for me and I hope you enjoy the Palkia, who is far more likely legit than not.
Sorry for the confusion I caused, and once again thanks for clearing up my mix up.

Because I was unsure of the Palkia I actually got another one off the GTS that seemed more legit lol

I'll probably trade this one away for something else

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Nothing seems to be wrong with it.

I just tried offering some events (singing Piplup, GAMESTP Suicune and something more that I don't remember) on GTS negotations and it didn't work, so you can't trade events with ribbons on the GTS negotations.

Weird, I remember in the past the event beasts can be traded away via Nego. Maybe they changed it.

DWFbreeder

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: none
OT: Mika
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 10650
EV's:
IV's:
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Faint Attack, Nightmare
Level Caught at: 41
Current Level: 54
Stats: HP 150, ATk 105, DEF 115, Sp. Atk 169, Sp. DEF 121, Spd 147
Location Caught: Johto

I am mainly concerned it is a hack because I wasn't sure if Darkrai was ever available in the Johto region.

Status
Not open for further replies.