• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mays

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Nickname: ARCEUS
OT: MICHINA
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno: 02010
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Good perseverance
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgement, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force
Level Caught at: Arrived at lvl 100, apparently
Current Level: 100
Stats: Attack: 266, Defense: 269, Sp. Attack: 232, Sp. Defense: 288, Speed: 259
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: Date is 1/10/2013 and has the Classic Ribbon

Nulava

Banned
Pokemon Species: Arceus
Nickname: ARCEUS
OT: MICHINA
IDno: 02010
Characteristic: Good perseverance
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgement, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force
Level Caught at: Arrived at lvl 100, apparently
Stats: Attack: 266, Defense: 269, Sp. Attack: 232, Sp. Defense: 288, Speed: 259
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: Date is 1/10/2013 and has the Classic Ribbon

This Arceus is from the European Michina Arceus Event. Everything seems to match up quite well.
However, assuming the date it was caught refers to when it was transferred to the Generation IV or Generation V games, its Legit.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
This Arceus is from the European Michina Arceus Event. Everything seems to match up quite well.
However, assuming the date it was caught refers to when it was transferred to the Generation IV or Generation V games, its Legit.

I guess many people here have already gotten tired saying Legal is the the word, there are hackers who are able to create just perfect pokemons.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Whelp... at this point, since Pokebank's released again in Japan and we're getting that soon... since this is the only existing Hack Check Thread, I'm wondering if this thread should be moved to the Gen VI boards or remake the new one there. It's up to the mods, though.
Anyway, after doing a few trades on the GTS on my X, I ended up getting something that looks way too good to be true and would like an opinion on this.

Pokemon Species: Ho-Oh
Nickname: ホウオウ (Ho-Oh in Japanese.)
OT: ヷㇻック (I think I got the katakana correctly, but yes the OT is Japanese.)
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 58426
Shiny?: No.
EV's: None. (I used a reset bag on it.)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Brave Bird, Extrasensory, Sunny Day, Fire Blast
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 40
Stats: 147/133/89/94/140/89
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: None.

After analyzing my details, everything does seem fairly legitimate. It's just that the most suspicious thing I find out of all this is the flawless IV spread.
If my knowledge serves, it is possible to obtain a Regenerator Ho-Oh via Dream Radar in Gen V, and they're originally caught at levels between 5 to 40. When transferring it to the main Gen V games, they are obtained in Dream Balls.
With legitimacy becoming more challenging to determine in Gen VI, I have my suspicions that it could be either hacked, cloned, or RNG abused. Thing is, I don't even know if RNG abuse is even possible on the Dream Radar.
Otherwise, those are my current thoughts on it. x:

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nickname: Rayquaza (in Japanese)
OT: Japanese trainer
OT Gender: not sure
ID: 53120
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated): (calculated, the ivs are 31/31/23/30/25/24)
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny (Y/N): Y
Moves: Overheat, Extreme Speed, Dragon Pulse, Avalanche
Level Caught at:
Location received: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 from Hoenn (Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.)
Current Stats: 375/377/237/309/254/242
Pokeball caught in: Master Ball
Any other notes?: It had Pokérus and it's fully trained; It's outstanding in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense and Speed, they can't be beat. Thought that this might have been RNG'd somehow due to this (the outstanding nature/stats). It also has 4 ribbons: Champion Ribbon, Sinnoh Champion Ribbon, Effort Ribbon and a Contest Memory Ribbon (2 of them). I also double checked on Pokécheck and it came up empty.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
You say you calculated the IVs and list them as 31/31/23/30/25/24 but then say they are all 31. Which is it? If it is hex-flawless then it is obviously hacked as that spread and nature combo didn't exist in gen 3/4

EDIT: I double checked and it actually doesn't matter which IV spread is the correct one because both didn't exist with that nature (at least not for Rayquaza).

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You say you calculated the IVs and list them as 31/31/23/30/25/24 but then say they are all 31. Which is it? If it is hex-flawless then it is obviously hacked as that spread and nature combo didn't exist in gen 3/4

EDIT: I double checked and it actually doesn't matter which IV spread is the correct one because both didn't exist with that nature (at least not for Rayquaza).
I mentioned the outstanding nature in all, since that's what the guy in the Pokécenter said. But I double checked with Serebii's calculator and it came up with the other iv's so it's only perfect in 2 ivs.

Ah.

What should the stats be then?

On a side note, could the stats be a little higher then normal due to the fact it was raised with Pokérus?

Just double checked and it said its speed was too high, at 242, that it needed to be between 195 to 226.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This is the Eppie's Mew that I have. Can someone please explain to me why, if it is Japanese, it has English Pal Park trash bytes?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It was caught in Japanese Emerald (on an Emulator to be specific) and then pal parked to an English gen 4 game.

Okay, that's what I thought. I assume that means it's still legal?

Marquane

Mesprit is a Roamer, which can be found on just about any route, including 204. All of them look legal except Mew, which is blatantly hacked. Odds are Lugia is too, although it's possible to get on an English Emerald.
Yeah I was far too late realizing that. lol Thanks for the info! Though why is it that Mew is blatantly hacked? Oh wait, nvm Hoenn.

Yeah I was far too late realizing that. lol Thanks for the info! Though why is it that Mew is blatantly hacked? Oh wait, nvm Hoenn.

Well Mew can be from Hoenn, it's just that the only legal 3rd gen Mews that can have a non-event OT were japanese only and 5th gen games and before only have a maximum of 5 characters for japanese games so your 3rd gen Mew with OT: Phillup (7 characters) is hacked as the event for it was never distributed outside of Japan.

Last edited:

Mays

So should I trade this over via Pokemon Bank or what?

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: ハドウ
OT: Japanese.
IDno: 50716
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Baton Pass.
Level Caught at: Arrived a lvl 10
Current Level: I leveled it to 87
Stats: Attack: 207, defense 196, sp. atk 212, sp. def 185, speed 212.
Location Caught: After a long travel through time, Hoenn.
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball.
Any other notes?: Was caught 10/7,2010.

If they're illegitimate you sort of get banned..

Ruas

According to this (last entry), everything seems fine. It has the right ID & OT (you switched it with nickname?) & even level of capture. The date reflects the date it was captured in Pal Park, arguably late but is possible. Nature can be anything & naturally the move-set. Stats will be fine. They are re-calculated every time you level up/deposit into the PC, so any tampering would be undone.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
So should I trade this over via Pokemon Bank or what?

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: ハドウ
OT: Japanese.
IDno: 50716
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Baton Pass.
Level Caught at: Arrived a lvl 10
Current Level: I leveled it to 87
Stats: Attack: 207, defense 196, sp. atk 212, sp. def 185, speed 212.
Location Caught: After a long travel through time, Hoenn.
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball.
Any other notes?: Was caught 10/7,2010.

If they're illegitimate you sort of get banned..

If it fails the hack check it just doesn't go through, you don't get banned

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
Hello guys,

I sent some Pokemon through Pokebank today, and my shiny Venusaur was rejected. I got it in a trade long ago, and I was wondering if anyone knows why she would fail the hack check. Here are her details:

Name: VENUSAUR
Nature: Bold
Shiny: Yes
OT: Spence*, ID 07084
Ball: Pokeball
Original Region: Hoenn or Johto, not sure (Gen 4)

Stats:

Lv: 76
HP: 263
Atk: 203
Def: 214
Sp.Atk: 223
Sp.Def: 203
Spd: 180

(not EV trained)

Moves: Energy Ball, Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake

Please let me know if you have a clue about it, thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.