• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello guys,

I sent some Pokemon through Pokebank today, and my shiny Venusaur was rejected. I got it in a trade long ago, and I was wondering if anyone knows why she would fail the hack check. Here are her details:

Name: VENUSAUR
Nature: Bold
Shiny: Yes
OT: Spence*, ID 07084
Ball: Pokeball
Original Region: Hoenn or Johto, not sure (Gen 4)

Stats:

Lv: 76
HP: 263
Atk: 203
Def: 214
Sp.Atk: 223
Sp.Def: 203
Spd: 180

(not EV trained)

Moves: Energy Ball, Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake

Please let me know if you have a clue about it, thanks =)

Fill this out:

Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
OT:
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:
Shiny?:
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Moves:
Level Caught at:
Current Level:
Stats:
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

I checked Pokecheck for that ID number and nothing came up, which is a good sign, but obviously it could still be hacked.

TheFirehawk

Eevee Trainer
Its my Darkrai, pokebank wont let it through, I've had it since pearl though.
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Darkrai
OT: POPPY
OT Gender: Genderless
IDno: 08389
Shiny?: No
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Scatters Things Often
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Nightmare, Dark Void, Shadow Ball, Poison Jab
Level Caught at: Apparently Arrived At Lv.72
Current Level: 73
Stats: HP-207 Atk-160 Dfn-159 Sp.Atk-229 Sp.Dfn-142 Spd-205
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Dark Ball
2/25/2011

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
2/25/2011

Everything on the surface of that Darkrai looks legal to me. Newmoon Island Darkrai can have your OT and your ID number and be caught in any ball. Where did you get it?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
2/25/2011

Darkrai wasn't available in Pearl. I'm surprised Bank would catch that though, but either way, D/P Darkrai are illegal.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
I dont remeber if it was released in Pearl, but I do remember getting the card from the wifi and catching the darkrai, so it can totally be legit and in english. The event was released. I just cant remember if it was platinum only, or across the 3 games

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Darkrai IS available in Pearl, via the Member Card event that gets you to Newmoon Island. It was released in English, as well, and allows Darkrai to have your OT, your ID, and be in any Gen IV Pokeball.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darkrai_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Game_locations
Actually, dewey is right. The Member Card was only released to Pokemon Platinum, not to Diamond/Pearl.
The only way Darkrai would be obtainable in Diamond/Pearl is via tweaking or hacking the Member Card. .-.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It's like the Azure flute event, never released if I recall correctly.

Actually, dewey is right. The Member Card was only released to Pokemon Platinum, not to Diamond/Pearl.
The only way Darkrai would be obtainable in Diamond/Pearl is via tweaking or hacking the Member Card. .-.

Oh well. Sorry I was wrong :( I'm really surprised that PokeBank even caught that. Also, the Darkrai could have been caught in Platinum and traded to Pearl. I guess that's unlikely, though, since Bank is refusing it.

TheFirehawk

Eevee Trainer
Everything on the surface of that Darkrai looks legal to me. Newmoon Island Darkrai can have your OT and your ID number and be caught in any ball. Where did you get it?

I can't remember now, I think I got it from a trade.
I guess I'll just have to find a new Darkrai :/
pokebank, whyyy D:

Thanks for everything aswell ^-^

Mays

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname:
OT: In Japanese
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) none
IDno: 35683
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch and Metronome
Level Caught at: n/a
Current Level: 30
Stats: attack: 65, defense: 74, sp. attack: 74, sp. defense: 74, speed: 81
Location Caught: Traveled through time and space from Hoenn to get to Kalos
Egg?: n/a
Pokeball Caught In: Dive Ball
Any other notes?: It's got the JPN mark with an English name, and it has two ribbons: Champion Ribbon and Premier Ribbon

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Nickname:
Any other notes?: It's got the JPN mark with an English name, and it has two ribbons: Champion Ribbon and Premier Ribbon

If it's this Mew, Pokecheck says it's legal. Hopefully dewey will wander over this way sometime soon and let you know if that IV spread was legal in Gen III, which is where this Mew came from, as shiny Mew was only possible via the Old Sea Map event in Emerald. What throws me off about it is the Premier Ribbon. The Premier Ribbon isn't on the Old Sea Map event Mew to my knowledge. However, Pokecheck puts Premier Ribbons on anything downloaded from their site to prevent you from trading it over the GTS. My fear is that this is a Mew that has been downloaded from Pokecheck by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, and then distributed to you.

Last edited:

Mays

If it's this Mew, Pokecheck says it's legal. Hopefully dewey will wander over this way sometime soon and let you know if that IV spread was legal in Gen III, which is where this Mew came from, as shiny Mew was only possible via the Old Sea Map event in Emerald. What throws me off about it is the Premier Ribbon. The Premier Ribbon isn't on the Old Sea Map event Mew to my knowledge. However, Pokecheck puts Premier Ribbons on anything downloaded from their site to prevent you from trading it over the GTS. My fear is that this is a Mew that has been downloaded from Pokecheck by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, and then distributed to you.

I was given it by a friend, and it got passed through Bank.

PolkaMan

Okay, so some of my mons in B/W have perfect IVs with action replay, however most of them were EV trained legitly, have legal stats, abilities, moves, etc. The only thing that seems it may be remotely "illegal" is that I gave a scizor I transfered from my platinum given an appropiate nickname, because I forgot to give it a nickname in that version. Oh yeah, I've also modified some of my mons natures. Will I get banned from pokebank if I try to transfer them? Also, I've never used pokegen.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I was given it by a friend, and it got passed through Bank.

It doesn't matter where you got it or that it passed Bank. Bank has been known to miss some obvious hacks. Pokemon with Premier Ribbons can be traded over Wifi from one person to another; it's only the GTS that they can't be traded on. If this Mew has the Premier Ribbon, it's most likely been downloaded from Pokecheck illegally and distributed to you. Old Sea Map Mew does not have the Premier Ribbon. I have a legal one and it doesn't have it. The only way it could have gotten it is from Pokecheck.

Okay, so some of my mons in B/W have perfect IVs with action replay, however most of them were EV trained legitly, have legal stats, abilities, moves, etc. The only thing that seems it may be remotely "illegal" is that I gave a scizor I transfered from my platinum given an appropiate nickname, because I forgot to give it a nickname in that version. Oh yeah, I've also modified some of my mons natures. Will I get banned from pokebank if I try to transfer them? Also, I've never used pokegen.

You shouldn't be using Action Replay on your Pokemon or hacking your Pokemon or modifying them in any way. If you're worried about Bank banning you, then don't transfer those Pokemon. If you get banned, you deserve it for hacking your Pokemon.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Nickname:

That Mew was originally uploaded to pokecheck from another user, and the original uploader is a known hacker. The odds of a known hacker having a shiny flawless gen 3 event from 2005 are slim to none. It's legal, but probably hacked.

Well, the terms and conditions of Pokebank state that if you are caught trying to transfer pokemon that were created via unapproved means (and an AR is most assuredly unapproved) you can get banned from using that service. So I would say yes, you run the risk of being banned if you transfer any of your hacks.

Mays

That Mew was originally uploaded to pokecheck from another user, and the original uploader is a known hacker. The odds of a known hacker having a shiny flawless gen 3 event from 2005 are slim to none. It's legal, but probably hacked.

So is it fine to keep it? Sort of don't want to get rid of a friend's gift.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Pokemon Species: Regigigas
Nickname: N/A
OT:Hestia
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) N/A
IDno: 00002
EV's: (if known) N/A
IV's: (if known) N/A
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Slow Start
Moves: Focus punch|Gravity|Sleep talk|Drain Punch
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 1
Stats:13|8|7|5|7|7|7
Egg?: Nope
Pokeball Caught In: Dive ball
Any other notes?: Seems like the Platinum Lvl 1 Regigigas which has been RNGd or SRed to be shiny.

quiz_master

Pokemon Species: Gardevoir
Nickname: None
OT: ZERO
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male): Male
IDno: 05140
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Capable of taking Hits
Moves: Psychic, Confusion, Magical Leaf, Thief
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at lvl 76
Current Level: 76
Stats: 230/150/132/259/186/176
Location Caught: doesn't say
Egg?: Unknown
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Had this Pokemon since she was a ralts got in a trade on here, its still on Pokemon Black because pokebank won't let her thru for some reason, i'm almost positive its not a hack but i can't figure it out
edit: Has League ribbon from Sinnoh, and Footprint ribbon, had pokerus at one time but is healed of it

Status
Not open for further replies.