• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohjeezitskim

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: Baxter
OT: Natalia
IDno: 12614
Shiny?: YES
EV's: ALL EV's (all random, in all stats.)
IV's: 6IV (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Detect (8/8) Attract (24/24) Dig (16/16) Hyper Voice (16/16)
Level Caught at: Was told it was hatched
Current Level: 5 (With NO exp gained into next level)
Stats: HP:23 ATT:13 DEF:12 SPA:12 SPD:14 SPEED:12
Location Caught: Unova - Besides that unknown
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?:
Was told they spent lots of time breeding for flawless shinies on 5th gen and it was hatched by them but it being level 5 with absolutely no experience gained into the next level with all random EVs, all moves being maxed with maxed IVs.. I don't know seems fishy?

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
i'm not the best judge, but since in Gen IV, eggs stopped hatching at level 5 and began hatching at level 1, i'm calling shenanigans.
if it had been trained there would be some extra Exp, though all the moves check out and PP Max is always a possibility

however they may have use a few rare candies, but i don't see the purpose of only going up to level 5

i recommend waiting till someone better at identifying hacks comes along though, i'm just going by my personal observations

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I can't right now, but in about 20 - 30 minutes I'll edit this post with what the IV checker said

Electivire: above average potential, greatest potential in attack, fantastic stats
Garchomp: decent potential, most in HP, fantastic stats
Nidoqueen: superior potential, most in HP, fantastic stats
Kangaskhan: decent potential, most in Sp. Atk, good stats, low Sp. Def and Speed

almost certain that Kangaskhan is legit, i doubt a hacker would have given it so many weak stats

I'm pretty sure that all of your Pokemon are legal.

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: Baxter
OT: Natalia
IDno: 12614
Shiny?: YES
EV's: ALL EV's (all random, in all stats.)
IV's: 6IV (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Detect (8/8) Attract (24/24) Dig (16/16) Hyper Voice (16/16)
Level Caught at: Was told it was hatched
Current Level: 5 (With NO exp gained into next level)
Stats: HP:23 ATT:13 DEF:12 SPA:12 SPD:14 SPEED:12
Location Caught: Unova - Besides that unknown
Egg?: Yes
Any other notes?:
Was told they spent lots of time breeding for flawless shinies on 5th gen and it was hatched by them but it being level 5 with absolutely no experience gained into the next level with all random EVs, all moves being maxed with maxed IVs.. I don't know seems fishy?

This is really, really fishy, but I looked up that OT/ID combo on PokeCheck and it came up with a bunch of shinies (not Eevee, though, unfortunately). All of the Pokemon that belong to this ID are legal according to PokeCheck; I didn't see anything hacked there. But that doesn't mean that this person isn't also a hacker. It's REALLY weird that it has 510 EVs and is only on level 5, but they could have Super Trained it on Gen VI and therefore not gained any experience that way. But the weirdest thing about this, like you said, is that it has no experience into the next level, yet it was hatched and is at level 5.

What I don't know is if you train a Pokemon on Gen V, then transfer it up through Bank, does it lose the experience gained into the next level? If so, that explains it, and you can assume the EVs were gained in Super Training. Also, like KzBreakdown said, it could have been Rare Candied to level 5. I just...don't know. I wouldn't get rid of it just yet; I would find out about experience and PokeBank first, and maybe ask dewey.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

This is really, really fishy, but I looked up that OT/ID combo on PokeCheck and it came up with a bunch of shinies (not Eevee, though, unfortunately). All of the Pokemon that belong to this ID are legal according to PokeCheck; I didn't see anything hacked there. But that doesn't mean that this person isn't also a hacker. It's REALLY weird that it has 510 EVs and is only on level 5, but they could have Super Trained it on Gen VI and therefore not gained any experience that way. But the weirdest thing about this, like you said, is that it has no experience into the next level, yet it was hatched and is at level 5.

What I don't know is if you train a Pokemon on Gen V, then transfer it up through Bank, does it lose the experience gained into the next level? If so, that explains it, and you can assume the EVs were gained in Super Training. Also, like KzBreakdown said, it could have been Rare Candied to level 5. I just...don't know. I wouldn't get rid of it just yet; I would find out about experience and PokeBank first, and maybe ask dewey.

That is possible though Joint Avenue Dojo. I did that no Exp points but still get 510 Evs so that is perfectly possible.

ohjeezitskim

I'm going to say that OT is a hacker. They edited the SId and changed it slightly, but that was on the account of @tickle, the same uploader who has all of the other pokemon matching the OT and ID number you posted.

That is possible though Joint Avenue Dojo. I did that no Exp points but still get 510 Evs so that is perfectly possible.

There's a lot of reasons for why all those fishy things make sense, but, why do ALL those things anyway..?
Well that's just lame >.>
I'm not too mad about the pokemon, it's just being lied to, saying she bred and hatched it herself that gets me annoyed the most. Thanks for looking into it for me though. Should I post who traded it to me? It was someone that just joined the site this month.

Pokemon Species: Scolipede
Nickname: none
OT: Touko
OT Gender:
IDno: 51631
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Defense Curl, Roll Out, Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Level Caught at:
Current Level: 30
Stats: HP: 85, ATK: 74, DEF: 68, S.ATK: 43, S.DEF: 56, SPD: 89
Location Caught: Unova
Egg?:
Any other notes?: i originally received it as a level 1 venipede, it's moveset has changed after i power leveled it to scolipede, but those are the original attacks

I'm surprised that no one picked up on this but the OT of this one is Blacklisted for making hacked pokemon that passed 'Check's legality analysis, heck this exact same Venipede shows up in the OT link.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm going to say that OT is a hacker. They edited the SId and changed it slightly, but that was on the account of @tickle, the same uploader who has all of the other pokemon matching the OT and ID number you posted.

There's a lot of reasons for why all those fishy things make sense, but, why do ALL those things anyway..?
Well that's just lame >.>
I'm not too mad about the pokemon, it's just being lied to, saying she bred and hatched it herself that gets me annoyed the most. Thanks for looking into it for me though. Should I post who traded it to me? It was someone that just joined the site this month.

I swear I looked at that Swellow before I posted...oh well. Perhaps I missed it. Anyway, I would definitely go to the Trade Forum Blacklist and report the incident using the instructions on the first post.

I'm surprised that no one picked up on this but the OT of this one is Blacklisted for making hacked pokemon that passed 'Check's legality analysis, heck this exact same Venipede shows up in the OT link.

I'm glad you caught that, and glad you posted the link.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Okay, before I get some sleep, I happened to get this particular one off of Wonder Trade earlier today.

Pokemon Species: Landorus (Incarnate Forme)
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Ash
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 01337
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: 85/85/85/85/85/85 (Used a reset bag to check this before soft-resetting my game.)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fly, Earth Power
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 100
Stats: 340/307/213/287/217/284
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: None.

After looking up the OT and ID via Pokecheck, I didn't find any shiny Landorus in the results but I did find other pokes that match with said OT/ID. Otherwise, looking at said results, I've come to assume this could be RNG abused, but I want to make sure of its legality. I also feel a little suspicious about this due to the ID number being 01337. (I know it's possible to get that kind of ID, but what are the chances? lol) Hence why I'd like a couple opinions on this one.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Okay, before I get some sleep, I happened to get this particular one off of Wonder Trade earlier today.

Pokemon Species: Landorus (Incarnate Forme)
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Ash
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 01337
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: 85/85/85/85/85/85 (Used a reset bag to check this before soft-resetting my game.)
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fly, Earth Power
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 100
Stats: 340/307/213/287/217/284
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: None.

After looking up the OT and ID via Pokecheck, I didn't find any shiny Landorus in the results but I did find other pokes that match with said OT/ID. Otherwise, looking at said results, I've come to assume this could be RNG abused, but I want to make sure of its legality. I also feel a little suspicious about this due to the ID number being 01337. (I know it's possible to get that kind of ID, but what are the chances? lol) Hence why I'd like a couple opinions on this one.

That OT/ID has other Pokemon flawless, shiny Pokemon on Pokecheck that are hacked, and so I'd assume that this one is too.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
That OT/ID has other Pokemon flawless, shiny Pokemon on Pokecheck that are hacked, and so I'd assume that this one is too.
Took a second and third look at the results in depth this time. (I only skimmed through all the results last night, but I got sleepy.)
Didn't realize that a Leaf Guard Meganium also showed up under the OT/ID.
Yep, my suspicions are confirmed, indeed. Thanks for the clarifications!
Whelp, time to send this one off to the next 'unfortunate' soul on Wonder Trade or GTS... or maybe release it. xD

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Took a second and third look at the results in depth this time. (I only skimmed through all the results last night, but I got sleepy.)
Didn't realize that a Leaf Guard Meganium also showed up under the OT/ID.
Yep, my suspicions are confirmed, indeed. Thanks for the clarifications!
Whelp, time to send this one off to the next 'unfortunate' soul on Wonder Trade or GTS... or maybe release it. xD

Releasing it would be the more preferable option as oppose to screwing someone else out of a legitimate pokemon for something you know is hacked.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Releasing it would be the more preferable option as oppose to screwing someone else out of a legitimate pokemon for something you know is hacked.
Yeah, I did release it after posting that. Actually felt more comfortable that way, tbh. ^^;

But yeah, whelp... although that was from Wonder Trade, gonna continue on the Forces of Nature search via the GTS (preferable natures, and hopefully with decent IVs).

Monk3yBu11

PKMN BREEDER/Gamer
Ahh you released it :( well it was hacked and you did the honorable thing...I received a badly hacked shiny mewtwo with horribly stats but I traded a really good legit pokemon for it so I really don't want to release it and I couldn't bare giving it to someone so i just use it to catch pokemon...well when its not to busy fainting

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
OT Ash with 01337 ("leet") as ID number? I would never trust that kind of thing. Sounds like what kid hacker would use because they think it's "cool".

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=9445880
OT Ash with 01337 ("leet") as ID number? I would never trust that kind of thing. Sounds like what kid hacker would use because they think it's "cool".
Called it right Shine, the ID No. Is a notorious hacker and their ID on their hacks also differs a few higher and lower than 01337 mainly with a different OT but on Pokecheck I found the above link of their hacked Arceus, sorry the link is posted above the quote my phone is really bad with copy and paste

orb

Can someone make an educated guess if this is legit, hacked, or cloned? I got its from the GTS and its on gen 6 (I understand this is the current best place to post this?), the pokebank doesn't raise any flags. I have seen some similar ones on pokecheck & pokegts.us, but not quite the same differing by level and/or shinyness.

Pokemon Species: Lugia
Nickname: n/a
OT: ASH
OT Gender: n/a
IDno: 22142
Shiny?: no
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature: Modest
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Recover, Aeroblast, Future Sight, Sky Attack
Level received as: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: Attack 14, Defense 20, Sp. Attack 17, Sp. Def 23, Speed 18
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Egg?: n/a
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Has many ribbons including, Alert Ribbon, Shock Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon.

Thanks.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Can someone make an educated guess if this is legit, hacked, or cloned? I got its from the GTS and its on gen 6 (I understand this is the current best place to post this?), the pokebank doesn't raise any flags. I have seen some similar ones on pokecheck & pokegts.us, but not quite the same differing by level and/or shinyness.

Pokemon Species: Lugia
Nickname: n/a
OT: ASH
OT Gender: n/a
IDno: 22142
Shiny?: no
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature: Modest
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Recover, Aeroblast, Future Sight, Sky Attack
Level received as: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: Attack 14, Defense 20, Sp. Attack 17, Sp. Def 23, Speed 18
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Egg?: n/a
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Has many ribbons including, Alert Ribbon, Shock Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon.

Thanks.

Straight up hacked. There was never a lvl 5 Lugia available in Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.