• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Besides questioning the Trainer ID, I looked up on the data and everything seems to check. I'm more than likely assuming this was RNG abused since it came from the Hidden Hollow (since it's very rare to find an Imposter Ditto in there). Otherwise, I'd say this is legal for the time being, but I'd also suggest to get another opinion or two just in case.

Thank you that's a relief...I thought for sure when I saw the trainer ID number, the exp points, the 31 IVs and that it came from Unova it had been hacked.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokemon Species: Thundurus
Nickname: Thundurus
OT: Joseph (did a check and this name showed up for 7 pages, but no match in regards to id no.)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno: 08040
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known) Above Average in Sp. Def
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Level Caught at: Doesn't say (but it seems as if it's a legit lv. 40 untrained Pokémon)
Current Level: 40
Stats: 121 105 71 109 79 96
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
Any other notes?: This Pokémon showed no other red flags other than the name. Also just checked his stats... got three 31's. So that kind of stood out to me.

Here they are... HP 12 Atk 10 Def 31 Sp Atk 10 Sp Def 31 Speed 31

Just did a recheck on Pokécheck, via all versions of Generation 5 games and it came up clean.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I just got this shiny Eevee off the GTS and I'm wondering whether or not it's legit. It looks it to me but I just want to be sure.

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: None
OT: Sarah
OT Gender: Not known, it's on my X. I'm guessing female given the trainer name.
IDno: 56787
EV's: none
IV's: not sure. Has decent overall potential. No 0s and no 31s
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Inpetuous and silly
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Tackle, Helping Hand, Toxic, Substitute
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 1
Stats: HP 12, Attack 5, Defence 6, Sp.Atk 5, Sp.Def 6, Speed 6
Location Caught: Unknown, Unova
Egg?: Most likely
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball
Any other notes?: None

EDIT: I couldn't find this Eevee on PokeCheck nor did the OT number bring up any results so I suppose that's a good sign.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pokemon Species: Thundurus
Nickname: Thundurus
OT: Joseph (did a check and this name showed up for 7 pages, but no match in regards to id no.)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno: 08040
IV's: (if known) Above Average in Sp. Def
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Level Caught at: Doesn't say (but it seems as if it's a legit lv. 40 untrained Pokémon)
Current Level: 40
Stats: 121 105 71 109 79 96
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
Any other notes?: This Pokémon showed no other red flags other than the name. Also just checked his stats... got three 31's. So that kind of stood out to me.

Here they are... HP 12 Atk 10 Def 31 Sp Atk 10 Sp Def 31 Speed 31

Just did a recheck on Pokécheck, via all versions of Generation 5 games and it came up clean.

You said that the only IV is "above average in SpDef", but at the bottom you say he has 3 IVs. What does the IV checker say, exactly?

I just got this shiny Eevee off the GTS and I'm wondering whether or not it's legit. It looks it to me but I just want to be sure.

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: None
OT: Sarah
OT Gender: Not known, it's on my X. I'm guessing female given the trainer name.
IDno: 56787
EV's: none
IV's: not sure. Has decent overall potential. No 0s and no 31s
Characteristic: Inpetuous and silly
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Tackle, Helping Hand, Toxic, Substitute
Stats: HP 12, Attack 5, Defence 6, Sp.Atk 5, Sp.Def 6, Speed 6
Location Caught: Unknown, Unova
Egg?: Most likely
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball

EDIT: I couldn't find this Eevee on PokeCheck nor did the OT number bring up any results so I suppose that's a good sign.

This looks legal to me. It appears that someone is trying to breed a shiny Timid Anticipation Eevee and they got Run Away instead. I think it's legal. Only weird thing is it has Toxic and Substitute as Egg Moves, which aren't typically used together on an Eevee (or Espeon, which is what I think this person was going for), but those are just passed down from whatever the male parent was.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You said that the only IV is "above average in SpDef", but at the bottom you say he has 3 IVs. What does the IV checker say, exactly?

It's perfect in Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed. The three 31 iv's. Is this what you were looking for? He's above average overall, best potential is its Sp. Def. Has fantastic stats.

Also... here's the rest of the iv spread:

+ Lv.:
+ EPs:
41 (HP)
4 41 (ATK) 41 (DEF) 41 (Sp.Atk) OK! (Sp.Def) 42 (Speed)
Spread:
20, 21 20, 21, 22 25, 26, 27 10, 11, 12 27 6, 7

Sp defense read ok.

Also, I did a test check on a pair of shinies I caught in the same gen... one of them, a Elygem (a relatively superior one) came up with five 31 iv's. So it looks like in this gen, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

She's relatively superior overall, but best area is in defense. Has fantastic stats.

The exact iv spread of the example one.

HP 31
ATK 31
DEF 31
Sp. Atk 31
Sp. Def 31
Speed 29

+ Lv.:
+ EPs:
32 (HP) 31 (ATK) OK! (DEF) 32 (Sp. Atk) 31 (Sp. Def) 31 (Speed)
Spread:
7, 8, 9 27, 28, 29 30 14, 15, 16 27, 28, 29 20, 21, 22, 23

Completely random encounter. No hacks or cheats involved either.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It's perfect in Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed. The three 31 iv's. Is this what you were looking for?

Also... here's the rest of the iv spread:

Sp defense read ok.

Also, I did a test check on a pair of shinies I caught in the same gen... one of them, a Elygem (a relatively superior one) came up with five 31 iv's. So it looks like in this gen, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, I was just confused about what the IVs were. It looks legal to me. 3 IVs isn't out of the realm of possibility. Really, a completely flawless one is absolutely possible as well, just very unlikely. Anyway, Thundurus looks legal to me, since it has 3 IVs and a Bashful nature, and all the right moves for a level-40 catch and everything.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, I was just confused about what the IVs were. It looks legal to me. 3 IVs isn't out of the realm of possibility. Really, a completely flawless one is absolutely possible as well, just very unlikely. Anyway, Thundurus looks legal to me, since it has 3 IVs and a Bashful nature, and all the right moves for a level-40 catch and everything.

Cool. I'm glad that it could possibly be legal.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: Celebi
OT: PCApp
OT Gender: White (Gen 6)
IDno: 32760
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: Not sure
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Likes To Thrash About
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Recover/ Heal Bell/Safegaurd
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos Rgion from the Hoenn Region.
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP 43, the rest are 28.
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos Rgion from the Hoenn Region.
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: I'm not sure about this one at all. It's the OT name that makes me feel suspicious. Second opinions appreciated.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: Celebi
OT: PCApp
OT Gender: White (Gen 6)
IDno: 32760
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: Not sure
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Likes To Thrash About
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Recover/ Heal Bell/Safegaurd
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos Rgion from the Hoenn Region.
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP 43, the rest are 28.
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos Rgion from the Hoenn Region.
Egg?: No
Any other notes?: I'm not sure about this one at all.

Hacked. PCApp is a phone/computer app thing that creates hacked Pokemon and sends them to the game. Release it and don't accept trades from OTs with "App" in the title (there's more than one of them).

EDIT: I also might be wrong about this, but I think the only Celebi from Gen III was the 10 ANIV one, with OT 10 ANIV and ID 00001.

Last edited:

Possibly

It was suggested that I post here even though mine are 6th generation.
One I was going to post was a shiny Rayquaza but I noticed its captured in a regular pokeball, from Hoenn. I'm gonna guess that ones hacked.

How about this one?

Pokemon Species: Beldum
Nickname: Beldum
OT: Shepard
OT Gender: ?
IDno: 00335
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Sturdy body
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Take Down
Level Caught at:
Stats: 12 HP, 6 Att, 6 Def, 4 Sp. Atk, 6 Sp. Def, 5 Speed
Location Caught: Lumiose City
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: (basic) pokeball
Any other notes?:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It was suggested that I post here even though mine are 6th generation.
One I was going to post was a shiny Rayquaza but I noticed its captured in a regular pokeball, from Hoenn. I'm gonna guess that ones hacked.

How about this one?

Pokemon Species: Beldum
Nickname: Beldum
OT: Shepard
OT Gender: ?
IDno: 00335
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Sturdy body
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Take Down
Level Caught at:
Stats: 12 HP, 6 Att, 6 Def, 4 Sp. Atk, 6 Sp. Def, 5 Speed
Location Caught: Lumiose City
Pokeball Caught In: (basic) pokeball
Any other notes?:

The Rayquaza may be legal as it is possible to catch it in a regular PokeBall. It's unlikely but it can still happen.

As for the Beldum I'm pretty sure it's legit since it was Kalos bred. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure there aren't any ways to hack for shinies yet in X and Y.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
The Rayquaza may be legal as it is possible to catch it in a regular PokeBall. It's unlikely but it can still happen.

As for the Beldum I'm pretty sure it's legit since it was Kalos bred. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure there aren't any ways to hack for shinies yet in X and Y.

Personally, I think Beldum is probably legal, but a check on the IVs would help confirm that. There IS a way to hack now for shinies in XY, unfortunately, but to my knowledge, I've never seen a hacked shiny from XY yet, so I'm not sure what to look for or if you can even tell the difference between a hacked one and a legal one without something like PokeCheck.

There are ways to hack shininess since Datel made an AR cheating device for the 3DS. Anyways, a way to check for a possibility of it being legal is to check the memories woman in Anistar she stands in front of the Pokemon Center, any Kalos bred pokemon will have memories, if they do not have memories then they're hacked.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
There are ways to hack shininess since Datel made an AR cheating device for the 3DS. Anyways, a way to check for a possibility of it being legal is to check the memories woman in Anistar she stands in front of the Pokemon Center, any Kalos bred pokemon will have memories, if they do not have memories then they're hacked.

^^^^^ That's genius. I wish I had thought of that. :p

Although, if they were used in the game before being traded, wouldn't they have memories?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Personally, I think Beldum is probably legal, but a check on the IVs would help confirm that. There IS a way to hack now for shinies in XY, unfortunately, but to my knowledge, I've never seen a hacked shiny from XY yet, so I'm not sure what to look for or if you can even tell the difference between a hacked one and a legal one without something like PokeCheck.

That's disappointing. It doesn't bother me too much as long as people keep the hacks on their own games tho. I want to keep my game as hack free as I can (minus my 6IV Ditto). I didn't know the memories person could be used to check for hacks. That'll be handy to know if I ever get another Kalos born/caught shiny off the GTS.

Possibly

^^^^^ That's genius. I wish I had thought of that. :p

Although, if they were used in the game before being traded, wouldn't they have memories?

"Bedlum hatched from an Egg and saw Shepard for the first time at.." (Shepard being the OT)
"a large city."
"The Pokemon remembers that it felt good."

So if the person didn't run around with them making new memories it should remember hatching.
It had a second memory, and that was meeting me over link-trade.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
"Bedlum hatched from an Egg and saw Shepard for the first time at.." (Shepard being the OT)
"a large city."
"The Pokemon remembers that it felt good."

So if the person didn't run around with them making new memories it should remember hatching.
It had a second memory, and that was meeting me over link-trade.

That's awesome! It has to be legal then :)

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Pokemon Species: Vulpix
Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 13668
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Drought
Moves: Ember/Power Swap
Current Level: Same
Stats:5/6/6/6/6
Location Caught: Skyarrow Bridge

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pokemon Species: Vulpix
Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 13668
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Drought
Moves: Ember/Power Swap
Current Level: Same
Stats:5/6/6/6/6
Location Caught: Skyarrow Bridge

Is the OT this: ピクセル ? If so, Vulpix is likely hacked because that OT has other hacked Pokemon. If that's not the OT, it's hard to tell without the IVs, but I would say legal just looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.