• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ahhh, I see. So in this case, while I know it's possible to obtain this one, I'm unsure if getting this IV spread is possible.
I got this particular Mew in a trade recently (it was likely cloned), and it seems to check out. Though I'd like to get a second opinion on it.

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: ミュウ (Mew in Japanese)
OT: マクッス
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 54366
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Nasty Plot, Psyshock, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 100
Stats: 342/212/236/328/236/299
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Poké Ball
Any other notes?: None.

I am not positively sure about mew cuaz there are so much hacks that go around with this pokemon I personally don't rng 3rd gen but I know for sure and was told that pokecheck isn't best to look at as well cuaz it kinda stinks at checking 3rd gen mons but the only mew i know that is legal is the eppie mew that is shiny. I just have a feeling it is a hack but dewey may be more help then i am silver do to my lack of the 3rd gen rnging cuaz i had a mew before shiny and it was hacked and looked clean on check.

Dewey's better at this than me, but flawless IVs/Modest I'm pretty sure is legal in Gen III, and I also found your Mew here and it's coming up clean.

not sure if you know but 3rd gen checking on pokecheck isn't that good just letting you know so the mew can still come up clean and can be hacked.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I am not positively sure about mew cuaz there are so much hacks that go around with this pokemon I personally don't rng 3rd gen but I know for sure and was told that pokecheck isn't best to look at as well cuaz it kinda stinks at checking 3rd gen mons but the only mew i know that is legal is the eppie mew that is shiny. I just have a feeling it is a hack but dewey may be more help then i am silver do to my lack of the 3rd gen rnging cuaz i had a mew before shiny and it was hacked and looked clean on check.

not sure if you know but 3rd gen checking on pokecheck isn't that good just letting you know so the mew can still come up clean and can be hacked.

Well this Mew is RNG'd without a doubt, but that doesn't make it a hack. Eppie's Mew is RNG'd off of a ROM, but is completely legal. Anyone can RNG a shiny Mew in Gen III; Eppie's Mew isn't the only one that's legal.

All I'm saying is that I'm pretty sure that the Nature/IV combo is legal, and it comes up legal on PokeCheck, so to the best of my knowledge, it's legal.

Delmis

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: SHAYMIN
OT: Jake
OT Gender: Gen 6, so no color
IDno: 60054
Shiny?: Yes
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Leaf Storm, Air Slash, Aromatherapy
Level Caught at: Doesn't say
Stats: 330 / 216 / 239 / 262 / 218 / 244
Location Caught: Johto
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Nest Ball
Any other notes?: Got in a trade, trader is also unsure if it's legit

Creeper

om nom nom
Hack. No Shaymin can be caught in Johto. Also, all caps names return to Xxxxxxx when through Poke Bank.

i.e: SHAYMIN -> Shaymin

Delmis

Hack. No Shaymin can be caught in Johto. Also, all caps names return to Xxxxxxx when through Poke Bank.

i.e: SHAYMIN -> Shaymin

Thanks! I thought so, but i wasnt too sure since it went through Bank successfully.

And i have a few self-caught shinies that still kept their capped names when going through bank. But maybe that's just a glitch or something |D
thanks again for answering

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Pokemon Species: Elekid
Nickname: Elekid
OT: Midori
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 00830
EV's: None
IV's: unknown (Judge says he's decent with fantastic defense)
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Highly persistent
Ability: Static
Moves: Quick Attack, Leer
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: 20/13/10/11/9/14
Location Caught: Unova (Assuming White Forest)
Egg?: Unknown
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Seems legit, but I'm suspicious because I received him through Wonder Trade.

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Pokemon Species: Elekid
Nickname: Elekid
OT: Midori
IDno: 00830
IV's: unknown (Judge says he's decent with fantastic defense)
Ability: Static
Moves: Quick Attack, Leer
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 5
Stats: 20/13/10/11/9/14
Location Caught: Unova (Assuming White Forest)
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Seems legit, but I'm suspicious because I received him through Wonder Trade.

Looks legal on the surface, but since I don't know the exact location, it could be a hack for all I know. I'm no expert though, so I'd say to hold onto it until someone better at this gives their 2 cents on it.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I have several shiny Legends that I recieved in gen 5 that I'd like to have checked since I would like to trade them. If they are hacked I don't want to trade them away.If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Pokemon Species: Ho-oh
Nickname: Ho-oh
OT: RED
IDno: 64308
EV's: I don't know the specifics, but it has some.
IV's: Judge says it is decent, highest being HP
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Plenty of Siestas
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Sacred Fire, Ancient power, Safequard, Sky Drop
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: 82
Stats:
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Seems legit, but just playing it safe.

Pokemon Species: Articuno
Nickname: Articuno
OT: Rin
IDno: 32649
IV's: Decent, highest is Attack
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Moves: Ancient POwer, Ice Beam, Reflect
Level Caught at: n/a
Current Level: 50
Stats:
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Kyogre
Nickname: Kyogre
OT: Cristan
IDno: 24035
EV's: Maxed out defense, some here and there in other spots.
IV's: above average, no speed but highest is defense
Nature: Rash
Ability: Drizzle
Moves: Thunder, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ancient Power
Stats:
Pokeball Caught In: Quickball
Any other notes?: The Pokeball made me wary, though it is possible for it to be caught in one.

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: GABY
IDno: 39938
IV's: above average, highest is attack, no defense
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Dragon Pulse, Hyper beam
Stats:
Location Caught: Hoenn
Any other notes?: Since it's at 100 and doesn't have any evs, it made me wary.

Thats all of them, any help is greatly appreciated!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I have several shiny Legends that I recieved in gen 5 that I'd like to have checked since I would like to trade them. If they are hacked I don't want to trade them away.If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Pokemon Species: Ho-oh
Nickname: Ho-oh
OT: RED
IDno: 64308
EV's: I don't know the specifics, but it has some.
IV's: Judge says it is decent, highest being HP
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Plenty of Siestas
Moves: Sacred Fire, Ancient power, Safequard, Sky Drop
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: 82
Stats:
Any other notes?: Seems legit, but just playing it safe.

Pokemon Species: Articuno
Nickname: Articuno
OT: Rin
IDno: 32649
IV's: Decent, highest is Attack
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Moves: Ancient POwer, Ice Beam, Reflect
Current Level: 50
Stats:
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Kyogre
Nickname: Kyogre
OT: Cristan
IDno: 24035
EV's: Maxed out defense, some here and there in other spots.
IV's: above average, no speed but highest is defense
Nature: Rash
Ability: Drizzle
Moves: Thunder, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ancient Power
Stats:
Pokeball Caught In: Quickball
Any other notes?: The Pokeball made me wary, though it is possible for it to be caught in one.

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: GABY
IDno: 39938
IV's: above average, highest is attack, no defense
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Dragon Pulse, Hyper beam
Stats:
Location Caught: Hoenn
Any other notes?: Since it's at 100 and doesn't have any evs, it made me wary.

Thats all of them, any help is greatly appreciated!

It'd be great if you can include the stats of each of these Pokémon. And if you have a reset bag, you can use it check the EV's each of them have (but of course, you should save before using it, if you're gonna hold on to that reset bag).

But otherwise, I didn't get any results after looking up the trainer IDs.
My judgment is that all of them are surely legal, as nothing seems too out of the ordinary to me.
It is possible to catch Kyogre in a Quick Ball, since it's from HG/SS.
And for Rayquaza, there is the possibility that someone may have used a bunch of rare candies on it.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
It'd be great if you can include the stats of each of these Pokémon. And if you have a reset bag, you can use it check the EV's each of them have (but of course, you should save before using it, if you're gonna hold on to that reset bag).

But otherwise, I didn't get any results after looking up the trainer IDs.
My judgment is that all of them are surely legal, as nothing seems too out of the ordinary to me.
It is possible to catch Kyogre in a Quick Ball, since it's from HG/SS.
And for Rayquaza, there is the possibility that someone may have used a bunch of rare candies on it.

That was my thought as well, but I just wanted to be safe. Since they aren't perfect iv shinies, I thought that someone may have legitimately caught them, but I didn't want to trade them if they weren't. THanks for the help :)

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Nickname: Lugia
OT: Pandora
IDno: 29399
EV's: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
IV's: Flawless
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Moves: roost
Toxic
Dragon tail
Ice beam
Level Caught at: it's got to be 45 or 70
Stats: Hp 416/ Atk 194/ Def 374/ Sp Atk 216/ Sp def 364/ Speed 256
Egg?: Don't know lol prolly not
Pokeball Caught In: ultra
Any other notes?: Checking for a friend.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Nickname: Lugia
OT: Pandora
IDno: 29399
EV's: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
IV's: Flawless
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Moves: roost
Toxic
Dragon tail
Ice beam
Level Caught at: it's got to be 45 or 70
Stats: Hp 416/ Atk 194/ Def 374/ Sp Atk 216/ Sp def 364/ Speed 256
Egg?: Don't know lol prolly not
Pokeball Caught In: ultra
Any other notes?: Checking for a friend.
Afraid to say it is hacked, Bold natured Pokemon caught in the wild from Gen 4 cannot have 6 flawless IVs.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Alright, I'll wait then.
Like Kirito said, it is safe to say it's fairly legal on the surface.
It is definitely possible to catch one in the White Forest at level 5. Other than that, the Elekid should be fine.

Afraid to say it is hacked, Bold natured Pokemon caught in the wild from Gen 4 cannot have 6 flawless IVs.
Don't jump the gun. Just because a Pokemon from Gen IV is flawless doesn't mean it's hacked.

Anyway for my input, nothing came up in my search for the OT.
The Lugia is legal, as nothing seems too off about it; but it is surely RNG abused.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It is definitely possible to catch one in the White Forest at level 5. Other than that, the Elekid should be fine.

Don't jump the gun. Just because a Pokemon from Gen IV is flawless doesn't mean it's hacked.

The Lugia is legal, as nothing seems too off about it; but it is surely RNG abused.

Tsukuyomi is right, though, unfortunately. The only legal natures to have with a flawless IV spread in Gens III and IV are Modest, Timid, Calm, Docile, and Naive. Bold-natured Pokemon from Johto cannot be flawless, so Lugia is hacked.

Tsukuyomi is not jumping the gun, the Nature/IV restrictions in Generation 4 and before dictate that only Docile, Modest, Timid, Calm, and Sassy (which requires a Cute Charm lead) can be flawless with 6 IVs. Bold nature + 6 IVs CANNOT be RNGed in the wild in Generation 4 and before. Just look in RNG Reporter/PPRNG there's only a 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread for Bold but not complete 31 IVs across the board.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Tsukuyomi is not jumping the gun, the Nature/IV restrictions in Generation 4 and before dictate that only Docile, Modest, Timid, Calm, and Sassy (which requires a Cute Charm lead) can be flawless with 6 IVs. Bold nature + 6 IVs CANNOT be RNGed in the wild in Generation 4 and before. Just RNG Reporter/PPRNG there's only a 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread for Bold not complete 31 IVs across the board.

Huh, I was aware there were certain restricted IV spreads, but I was unsure for which natures.
I didn't know Bold was one of those can't be flawless, so that was my mistake on my part. Whelp, I always learn something new. xD

Speaking of, can I ask for your input on the shiny Faraway Island Mew I posted a few posts back? I honestly feel you or Dewey might be able to know better than a few of us could. I'll re-post this in quotes/spoilers.

Ahhh, I see. So in this case, while I know it's possible to obtain this one, I'm unsure if getting this IV spread is possible.
I got this particular Mew in a trade recently (it was likely cloned), and it seems to check out. Though I'd like to get a second opinion on it.

Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: ミュウ (Mew in Japanese)
OT: マクッス
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 54366
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Nasty Plot, Psyshock, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Stats: 342/212/236/328/236/299
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Poké Ball
Any other notes?: None.

Huh, I was aware there were certain restricted IV spreads, but I was unsure for which natures.
I didn't know Bold was one of those can't be flawless, so that was my mistake on my part. Whelp, I always learn something new. xD

Speaking of, can I ask for your input on the shiny Faraway Island Mew I posted a few posts back? I honestly feel you or Dewey might be able to know better than a few of us could. I'll re-post this in quotes/spoilers.

I say that Mew is hacked, I searched up to 10,000,000 frames for Emerald and didn't get any results even with 31/x/31/31/31/31 spreads, here's the math:

in Emerald seeds fly by at 60 frames per second that's 3,600 per minute multiply that by another 60, that's 216,000 frames per hour divide 10,000,000 by that and you end with 46.296 hours - over a day, even on an Emulator going at 5x speed a 9+ hour wait, so I say your Mew is PokeGenned, 9+ hours is an outrageous wait even on an Emulator.

I say that Mew is hacked, I searched up to 10,000,000 frames for Emerald and didn't get any results even with 31/x/31/31/31/31 spreads, here's the math:

in Emerald seeds fly by at 60 frames per second that's 3,600 per minute multiply that by another 60, that's 216,000 frames per hour divide 10,000,000 by that and you end with 46.296 hours - over a day, even on an Emulator going at 5x speed a 9+ hour wait, so I say your Mew is PokeGenned, 9+ hours is an outrageous wait even on an Emulator.

Pretty sure that special flawless seeds are well above 10 mil frames (don't remember exactly, but most flawless frames are, 10 million frames isn't that high). And the battery trick makes it much easier to get to that frame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.