• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Banned
I received a Carvanha on GTS. Everything about it checks out, but it's in a Moon Ball and according to serebii's pokedex, it can only be caught on the Pokewalker. Does that make this Carvanha a hack?
It can be caught in D/P/Pt.

I can't remember, do the games allow you to trade over HG/SS balls like the Moon Ball over to D/P/Pt? Or does the item get taken off/replaced?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It can be caught in D/P/Pt.

I can't remember, do the games allow you to trade over HG/SS balls like the Moon Ball over to D/P/Pt? Or does the item get taken off/replaced?

You can't transfer Apricorn Balls to D/P/Pt. This is why Moon Ball Eevee is illegal. When you transfer an Apricorn Ball over, it just turns into a regular Poke Ball because D/P/Pt were made 3 years prior to HGSS and the Apricorn Balls were not programmed into the original Gen IV games.

Therefore Moon Ball Carvanha is illegal.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
You can't transfer Apricorn Balls to D/P/Pt. This is why Moon Ball Eevee is illegal. When you transfer an Apricorn Ball over, it just turns into a regular Poke Ball because D/P/Pt were made 3 years prior to HGSS and the Apricorn Balls were not programmed into the original Gen IV games.

Therefore Moon Ball Carvanha is illegal.

Thanks all! I evolved it for dex fodder, won't be trading or breeding it anytime soon.

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Hello everyone~ !! I just received this Sylveon in a trade but after a quick look at the serebii event database I noticed some of its information did not match with the XY event...o ^ o...Soooo...~ Here I am~ !! I would like to have your oppinions on this Sylveon. Thank you very much in advance for your help~ !! Also I apologize If this is the wrong thread, I couldn't find an hack-check thread for the sixth gen...~ XD;;

Pokemon Species: Sylveon
Nickname: Japanese
OT: XY
OT Gender: Unknown.
IDno: 01044
Shiny?: No
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Disarming Voice, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Draining Kiss.
Level Caught at: Met at level 10.
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP: 39, Attack: 18, Defense: 19, Special Attack: 28, Special Defense: 32, Speed: 18
Location Caught: A Pokemon Event
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It has an Event ribbon. Its also a female Sylveon.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello everyone~ !! I just received this Sylveon in a trade but after a quick look at the serebii event database I noticed some of its information did not match with the XY event...o ^ o...Soooo...~ Here I am~ !! I would like to have your oppinions on this Sylveon. Thank you very much in advance for your help~ !! Also I apologize If this is the wrong thread, I couldn't find an hack-check thread for the sixth gen...~ XD;;

Pokemon Species: Sylveon
Nickname: Japanese
OT: XY
OT Gender: Unknown.
IDno: 01044
Shiny?: No
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Disarming Voice, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Draining Kiss.
Level Caught at: Met at level 10.
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP: 39, Attack: 18, Defense: 19, Special Attack: 28, Special Defense: 32, Speed: 18
Location Caught: A Pokemon Event
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It has an Event ribbon. Its also a female Sylveon.

Serebii doesn't have the XY event Sylveon listed for some reason. The XY Sylveon was given away in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and this Sylveon appears to match the parameters for it. It would be really helpful for hack-checking if you could list the IVs - go to the IV judge in Kiloude City and see what he says about it. I ran an IV calc on it and it appears to have really low IVs, which is good news in terms of legitimacy and bad news in terms of competitive usefulness. Also, does the Sylveon say that it was met at "a Pokemon event" or does it say "fateful encounter at level 10"?

Last edited:

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Serebii doesn't have the XY event Sylveon listed for some reason. The XY Sylveon was given away in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and this Sylveon appears to match the parameters for it. It would be really helpful for hack-checking if you could list the IVs - go to the IV judge in Kiloude City and see what he says about it. I ran an IV calc on it and it appears to have really low IVs, which is good news in terms of legitimacy and bad news in terms of competitive usefulness. Also, does the Sylveon say that it was met at "a Pokemon event" or does it say "fateful encounter at level 10"?

Oh I see~ !! I wasn't aware that there was other XY Sylveon's thank you for letting me know. As for her potential the judge said she was decent overall with her Sp.def being her best stat, he also added that she definately got some good stats.

It says she was met at a Pokemon event~ The note section stating she apparently had a fateful encounter.

Matsuyamakun

Hello, I got Genesect from trade. I want to know it is legit or not.
First event on this link: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/649.shtml

Pokemon Species: Genesect(JPN)
Nickname: Genesect (not ゲノセクト)
OT: えいがかん
ID No: 07133
Shiny: Yes
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Download
Moves: Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed, U-turn
Level 100
It has 6IVs, random EVs

Stats, OT, ID NO look fine, but "Is Shiny JPN Genesect with english name possible?"

Also I have 3IV Shiny Genesect and it has japanese name "ゲノセクト", but 6IV one has English name and I am really confused. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hello, I got Genesect from trade. I want to know it is legit or not.
First event on this link: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/649.shtml

Pokemon Species: Genesect(JPN)
Nickname: Genesect (not ゲノセクト)
OT: えいがかん
ID No: 07133
Shiny: Yes
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Download
Moves: Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed, U-turn
Level 100
It has 6IVs, random EVs

Stats, OT, ID NO look fine, but "Is Shiny JPN Genesect with english name possible?"

Also I have 3IV Shiny Genesect and it has japanese name "ゲノセクト", but 6IV one has English name and I am really confused. Any help would be really appreciated.

This event Genesect cannot have it's english name, it's hacked. Re-naming it "Genesect" with ID abuse isn't possible because of the character limit in 5th gen and before.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Speaking of, that reminded me... I just finally remembered that one other event Pokémon I needed to get hack-checked.

Pokémon Species: Deoxys (Speed Forme)
Nickname: 테오키스 (Deoxys in Korean)
OT: 한국닌텐도
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 08308
Shiny?: No.
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpDef / 252 Speed
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Flawless, according to IV judge.)
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Light Screen / Reflect / Stealth Rock / Taunt
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 100
Stats: 304 / 203 / 216 / 226 / 217 / 504
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
Egg?: No.
Pokéball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It is holding a Classic Ribbon.

This is the Nintendo of Korea Deoxys; it isn't listed in the Serebii event dex, but it is listed on Bulbapedia. It was cloned and traded to me, but since this is an event from Gen IV, I'd like a clarification on if it was possible to RNG abuse this kind of IV spread. o.o

This is the Nintendo of Korea Deoxys; it isn't listed in the Serebii event dex, but it is listed on Bulbapedia. It was cloned and traded to me, but since this is an event from Gen IV, I'd like a clarification on if it was possible to RNG abuse this kind of IV spread. o.o

Yes, timid can be hex-flawless in 4th gen.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Oh I see~ !! I wasn't aware that there was other XY Sylveon's thank you for letting me know. As for her potential the judge said she was decent overall with her Sp.def being her best stat, he also added that she definately got some good stats.

It says she was met at a Pokemon event~ The note section stating she apparently had a fateful encounter.

Ah, the XY Sylveon does have "Pokemon Event". Everything about this Sylveon looks legal except that the name is in Japanese, or some other foreign language. Everything I can find about this event states that although it was given out in Taiwan and Hong Kong, that all of the text is in English. I'm not sure if this Sylveon is hacked or not. I wouldn't release it until you got a second opinion, or found someone else who has this event.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm pretty sure PowerSaves-injected Pokemon can't be traded. If it was given to you, it's probably legit.

Anything can be traded over PSS, including things like PowerSave-edited shiny Xerneas and Yvetal. Since XY Sylveon has an Event Ribbon on it, I don't think it can be traded over GTS, which means he must have gotten it from PSS or from a trade with someone he knows, meaning it could very well be hacked.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
so I've got a good question. How likely is it to get a Keldeo that's timid with 6ivs? I can't fill out the form in its entirety since I don't have my game on me, but the basics are...

Lvl 50. in a Cherish Ball, has the event ribbon, 6ivs and Timid. Surf, Calm mind, Substitute, and Sacred Sword. I'm sure its possible to RNG it, but I wanted to make sure. I'd give the name of the original trainer but I can't since I don't have my game right now, though it does say it was traded from Unova and from the memory girl it says it had a memory but can't remember it.

Last edited:

Matsuyamakun

so I've got a good question. How likely is it to get a Keldeo that's timid with 6ivs? I can't fill out the form in its entirety since I don't have my game on me, but the basics are...

Lvl 50. in a Cherish Ball, has the event ribbon, 6ivs and Timid. Surf, Calm mind, Substitute, and Sacred Sword. I'm sure its possible to RNG it, but I wanted to make sure. I'd give the name of the original trainer but I can't since I don't have my game right now, though it does say it was traded from Unova and from the memory girl it says it had a memory but can't remember it.

This event should be from WIN2013 event.
OT: WIN2013
ID NO: 01163
Has wishing ribbon

I RNG'ed myself 5IV Flawless Timid Keldeo when the event came out.
I go to memory girl with my Keldeo.She says Keldeo has a good memory, but it doesn't seem to able to remember and Keldeo became friend when it arrived Link Trade at somewhere.(Pokebank I guess:))
6IV Keldeo is possible, but can't say %100 legit.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
yeah I had thought so as well. Were it a 5iv one I wouldn't question it, but the fact it had 6 made me a little apprehensive. Thanks for the info :)

ShyOctopus

pixel maniac
Got this from a trade and noticed it's in a heavy ball. Considering you can't breed Metagross in Apricorn Balls since it's genderless, I'm 99.9999% sure this is hacked or at the very least had its ball changed with powersave.

Pokemon Species: Metagross
OT: Jun
IDno: 35443
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: 252 in HP, 252 in Atk, 4 in Sp Def I think
IV's: 6 IVs
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Meteor Mash
Current Level: 51
Location Caught: Kalos; Hatched from a daycare egg in Lumiose City
Pokeball Caught In: Heavy ball
Any other notes?: I want to say you can't even catch a Beldum/Metang/Metagross in a Heavy Ball anyway in HGSS, so this thing is double busted on that part ahahaha

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Got this from a trade and noticed it's in a heavy ball. Considering you can't breed Metagross in Apricorn Balls since it's genderless, I'm 99.9999% sure this is hacked or at the very least had its ball changed with powersave.

Pokemon Species: Metagross
OT: Jun
IDno: 35443
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: 252 in HP, 252 in Atk, 4 in Sp Def I think
IV's: 6 IVs
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Meteor Mash
Current Level: 51
Location Caught: Kalos; Hatched from a daycare egg in Lumiose City
Pokeball Caught In: Heavy ball
Any other notes?: I want to say you can't even catch a Beldum/Metang/Metagross in a Heavy Ball anyway in HGSS, so this thing is double busted on that part ahahaha
While everything else checks out correctly... the Heavy Ball was likely powersaved, so I'd say this is illegal.

(Relating to the illegal ball issue, I know there has been a recent debate concerning Ray Rizzo's Aegislash in a Dream Ball used in the nationals, but not sure what the officials declared yet. .-. Pokéballs are apparently srs business.)

Status
Not open for further replies.