• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
This is wrong, a lot of people has obtained shinies from SR-ing the game corner prize. In Gen 4 and lower, all "in-game gift" Pokemon can be shiny.

The OT for that P-Z is indeed suspicious, though.

like i said i haven't rnged 4th gen in like in a year so i forgot most of what can and can't be shiny but as i look back at my reporter again it is method 1 for game corner prizes so yes it can be shiny do to i can still search the shiny section of my reporter but the ivs and it being shiny puzzle me either it was rnged or hacked. I do as well think that OT is pretty suspicious but i can't get into check to figure out if he was on there or not anymore. I don't know but i feel more and more it is a hack though but i can't confirm it. I am sorry that it sounded like I was dead sure it was impossible to have it shiny its just been ages sense i rnged do to its so easy to iv breed now in x and y and most older gen mons are so priceless now to most people besides the legendaries that can not be obtained in x and y :/

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It is possible to catch a Latias in a Pokeball, but unfortunately the OT and ID is a known combination for a Pokemon that has been hacked.

Although Latias can be caught in a default Pokeball, that OT: Ash ID:01337 is a hacker's combo that is as common as water.

EDIT: Well someone is a fast typer!
I thought so. Just figured I should make sure. Thanks, both of you.

I'll just get rid of it, I guess.

Whelp, requesting hack check again. Got this one from Wonder Trade.
Pretty sure this came from HGSS via Celadon Game Corner (and yes can be bred with Ditto, I believe), but I'm more suspicious of the OT because of the font/text.

Pokémon Species: Porygon-Z
Nickname: ポリゴンZ (Porygon-Z in Japanese)
OT: JOSH
OT Gender: Cannot be determined.
IDno: 31415
Shiny?: Yes.
EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31 (Outstanding potential according to IV judge.)
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Tri Attack / Dark Pulse / Psyshock / Nasty Plot
Level Caught at: Doesn't say.
Current Level: 100
Stats: 312 / 156 / 176 / 369 / 186 / 306
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos Region from the Johto Region.
Egg?: No.
Pokéball Caught In: Pokéball.
Any other notes?: The Pokémon is tagged as Japanese, but the OT is not in blocky text. (For example, PC as opposed to PC.)

I looked up Porygon-Z's exact IVs: 31/9/31/31/31/31 and it's PID is 74714AF2, I ran an infinite search for that ID to have a seed with an SID to have that frame shiny, so far it has surpassed 10,000 delay (starting from 3,500) and it hasn't found ANY seed that would have it be shiny with that ID number.

EDIT: It has reached 25,000 now still no combo for that spread to be shiny with that ID. I believe I can safely assume this Porygon-Z is hacked.

Last edited:

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
Shiny Genesect

So I know there is a shiny Genesect event, and this one is exectly like that on every single point EXCEPT its name...

It matches the 2013 shiny genesect event, same level, OT, ID, ball, ribbon, item... everything. The only thing that is different is that its not called " ゲノセクト " Its just called Genesect.

Is this legit? I checked and it CAN be used in battle spot and all that stuff, so the game at least thinks its legit too. Just wanna make sure in case I ever want to trade it, don't want to trade a hacked pokemon.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I looked up Porygon-Z's exact IVs: 31/9/31/31/31/31 and it's PID is 74714AF2, I ran an infinite search for that ID to have a seed with an SID to have that frame shiny, so far it has surpassed 10,000 delay (starting from 3,500) and it hasn't found ANY seed that would have it be shiny with that ID number.

EDIT: It has reached 25,000 now still no combo for that spread to be shiny with that ID. I believe I can safely assume this Porygon-Z is hacked.
Mmmm, definitely had my suspicions the moment I saw the OT. Looks like I'm gonna have to release this one, then. >.<
Thanks again, Quote! :3 And also thanks to the others who gave feedback!

So I know there is a shiny Genesect event, and this one is exectly like that on every single point EXCEPT its name...

It matches the 2013 shiny genesect event, same level, OT, ID, ball, ribbon, item... everything. The only thing that is different is that its not called " ゲノセクト " Its just called Genesect.

Is this legit? I checked and it CAN be used in battle spot and all that stuff, so the game at least thinks its legit too. Just wanna make sure in case I ever want to trade it, don't want to trade a hacked pokemon.
I believe another user posted a hack check for that particular Genesect sometime ago in this thread.
If I recall correctly, it was determined as hacked, because in 5th gen and before, there was no way to legitimately obtain a JPN-native event with an English name (except for a select few, but the Genesect isn't one of them). In 6th gen, this is now possible due to how we can set our game cartridges to a different language, but that's beside the point.

Last edited:

I believe another user posted a hack check for that particular Genesect sometime ago in this thread.
If I recall correctly, it was determined as hacked, because in 5th gen and before, there was no way to legitimately obtain a JPN-native event with an English name (except for a select few, but the Genesect isn't one of them). In 6th gen, this is now possible due to how we can set our game cartridges to a different language, but that's beside the point.

On top of what Silver said, even if someone ID abused their cart to re-name the event Genesect to it's english name they can't because of the 5 character limit in Japanese games before Gen 6.

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
On top of what Silver said, even if someone ID abused their cart to re-name the event Genesect to it's english name they can't because of the 5 character limit in Japanese games before Gen 6.

OK thank you guys, good to know. I wont trade this away then. I love the shiny form, so I guess I'll just keep it for general Wi-fi battles ;)
I knew something was fishy, not only is it shiny and has the wrong name, but it also has like 6 Iv's. Kinda seemed to good to be true :p

Eevee918

<--Magic Bounce
Hiya! Requesting hack check :D

Pokemon Species: Chikorita
Nickname: N/A
OT: Evgeny
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Can't tell.
IDno: 30604
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) No EVs.
IV's: (if known) Above Average Overall, Greatest Potential is Sp. Atk, and it's a 31.
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Facade, Solar Beam, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Level 1
Current Level: Level 1
Stats: 12/6/6/5/6/6
Location Caught: Unable to tell the exact location, but it says "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Egg?: Can't tell.
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this from a friend. She didn't know whether it was a hack or not. I can't tell very much about it because i'm just receiving it now in gen 6.

Thank you!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hiya! Requesting hack check :D

Pokemon Species: Chikorita
Nickname: N/A
OT: Evgeny
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Can't tell.
IDno: 30604
EV's: (if known) No EVs.
IV's: (if known) Above Average Overall, Greatest Potential is Sp. Atk, and it's a 31.
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Tackle, Facade, Solar Beam, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Level 1
Current Level: Level 1
Stats: 12/6/6/5/6/6
Location Caught: Unable to tell the exact location, but it says "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Egg?: Can't tell.
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this from a friend. She didn't know whether it was a hack or not. I can't tell very much about it because i'm just receiving it now in gen 6.

Thank you!
Definitely hacked. Starters can't be in Master Balls (unless the ball was edited via powersaves).
And even if you were to catch one of the female Johto starters from Colosseum with a Master Ball, the Master Ball can't be passed down.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Hello all I recently completed a trade getting the Sticker Promotional Kanto Starter Egg Events but they all have the OT of PPnet, not sure if that was considered a hack?

Pokemon Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Bulbasaur in Japanese
OT: PPnet (Text kind of Blocky)
OT Gender: unknown
IDno: 39279
Shiny?: no
EV's: none
IV's: 31 in Def, 0 in Speed
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Moves: Block, False Swipe, Weather Ball, Frenzy Plant
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12/5/6/6/6/5
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Egg?: In Unova yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: [JPN] tags, only thing is the OT: PPnet

Pokemon Species: Charmander
Nickname: Charmander in Japanese
IV's: 31 in Speed
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Block, False Swipe, Acrobatics, Blast Burn
Stats: 11/5/6/6/6/6
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region

Pokemon Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Squirtle in Japanese
IV's: 31 in HP
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Block, False Swipe, Follow Me, Hydro Cannon
Stats: 12/5/6/6/6/6

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
Got this off a GTs trade ages ago. Posted a hack check a few days ago, and after that I realized, this guy is probably to good to be true as well.. Gonna check it at least.

Pokemon Species: Palkia
Nickname: Palkia
OT: Can't write it, Japanese name.
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Not like this in gen VI if I am not mistaken. Its white, like all other OT's.
IDno: 09163
EV's: (if known) Sadly I used it a lot in battle, so no idea what it had when I got it :/
IV's: (if known) 6 31's
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Also changed by me.. :/
Level Caught at: Transfered from the Sinnoh region. When they are pokebanked, the level met no longer shows.
Current Level: Got it at level 70. (I leveled it to level 75)

Stats: CURRENT ( in level 75 ): HP 248 , attack 209 , defense 179 , Sp. Atk. 279 , sp. def 210 , speed 166

Location Caught: Once again, pokebanked, no way to tell.
Egg?: ..
Any other notes?: It has had pokerus, I did not infect it, so it already had it before I got it.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Got this off a GTs trade ages ago. Posted a hack check a few days ago, and after that I realized, this guy is probably to good to be true as well.. Gonna check it at least.

OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Not like this in gen VI if I am not mistaken. Its white, like all other OT's.
EV's: (if known) Sadly I used it a lot in battle, so no idea what it had when I got it :/
Level Caught at: Transfered from the Sinnoh region. When they are pokebanked, the level met no longer shows.

Stats: CURRENT ( in level 75 ): HP 248 , attack 209 , defense 179 , Sp. Atk. 279 , sp. def 210 , speed 166

Any other notes?: It has had pokerus, I did not infect it, so it already had it before I got it.

I'm not sure if Shiny Palkia is available at level less then 100. Also, caught in a normal Pokeball is what hurts most. There was a Shiny Palkia event but that was level 100 and Cherish ball.

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
I'm not sure if Shiny Palkia is available at level less then 100. Also, caught in a normal Pokeball is what hurts most. There was a Shiny Palkia event but that was level 100 and Cherish ball.

Well palkia is NOT shiny locked, so if a person was to farm for one, it would be available. Ofc that is exactly what I was thinking as well, catch rate is very low- getting it in a pokeball? .. , shiny rates are low, also getting one with 6 IV's is rare.. All in all EXTREMLY unlikely... On the other hand, not impossible.

Anyone else who might be able to tell 100% if its legit or unlegit?

EDIT:

Wait, if it isn't shiny locked, we can easily RNG maybe? But Pokeball is surely something fishy.

Yeah its not shiny locked, checked most credible sources. Well yeah, but some people DO attempt to catch their pokemon in premiere balls/pokeballs, cuz it looks cooler or something. Not saying its likely, but once again, not impossible.
Btw, What do you mean RNG it?

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Well palkia is NOT shiny locked, so if a person was to farm for one, it would be available. Ofc that is exactly what I was thinking as well, catch rate is very low, shiny rates low, also getting one with 6 IV's is rare.. EXTREMLY unlikely... On the other hand, not impossible.

Anyone else who might be able to tell 100% if its legit or unlegit?

Wait, if it isn't shiny locked, we can easily RNG maybe? But Pokeball is surely something fishy.

Plx

Pokemon Species: Latios
OT: 10 ANIV
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: No
EV's: 0
IV's: 1 perfect in special attack
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Luster Purge, Psychic, Recover, Dragon Dance
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Any other notes?: The main reason i'm suspicious is the lack of a fateful encounter flag. I am not sure if they had them back for this specific event which is why i'm posting it here.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

There is no Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread in gen 4. Hacked.

Btw, What do you mean RNG it?

RNG stands for Random Number Generator and RNGing is a process by which a player abuses the in game RNG to get the pokemon they want. If you know how the RNG works, you can use the game in such a way that it returns the exact value you want, thus removing the "random" part of the RNG and just giving you the number you need. It's a bit of a complicated process to explain, but the tl;dr version is by starting the game at the right time, on the right day, a person can easily get shiny pokemon, 5-6IV pokemin, the right natured pokemon, or all of the above. If someone knows how to RNG then finding a shiny pokemon with 6 31 IVs and the right nature isn't that hard.

Nothing suspicious about a pokeball really. The lvl 1 Palkia from Jhoto comes in a pokeball by default, and there is no reason anyone can't hurl endless pokeballs at a pokemon until it's caught, I did just that for a Shiny Terrakion in gen 5.

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
There is no Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread in gen 4. Hacked.

Alright, thanks.

Question though, how can u possibly know that? Isn't Palkia an in game encounter, i.e, stats and natures are random as well? Couldn't u technically get 6 Iv's and that nature + shiny from just randomness?

Would appreciate an explanation, not that I don't take your word for it, just wondering cuz I honestly don't know.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Alright, thanks.

Question though, how can u possibly know that? Isn't Palkia an in game encounter, i.e, stats and natures are random as well? Couldn't u technically get 6 Iv's and that nature + shiny from just randomness?

Would appreciate an explanation, not that I don't take your word for it, just wondering cuz I honestly don't know.

Not quite. In gen 4 the way the pokemon was generate by the game made the possible IV/nature combination limited. In gen 4 the PID (Pokemon Identification Number/Personal Identification Number, or sometimes even referred to as the pokemon's personality value, though "personality value" is hardly ever used any more) controlled the nature, IVs, ability, gender, and pretty much everything else about the pokemon. Since the IVs were linked to the PID this meant that it is literally impossible for certain IVs to show up with certain natures. There are only 4 valid hex-flawless spreads for genderless pokemon in gen 4, quiet isn't one of them. It wasn't until generation 5 that the PID and IVs were generated using separate RNGs and so it wasn't until generation 5 that a player could obtain any nature/IV combo (gen 4 eggs had 2 separate RNGs too, so the above really only applies to captured pokemon, not breed pokemon.)

computertrash

knight of time
My brother gave me this Celebi, as he already had two. He didn't know if its legit or anything. He didn't say how he got it but I know it wasn't his own R/S/E game.

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: セレビイ
OT: アゲト
OT Gender: Cannot be determined
IDno: 31121
EV's: (if known) ???
IV's: (if known) The Judge in Kiloude City says greatest potential is Speed but not perfect.
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Confusion; Recover; Heal Bell; Safeguard
Level Caught at: It was lv. 10 when my brother traded it to me
Current Level: 11
Stats: 45/31/27/28/26/30
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across time and space to the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Egg?: No
Any other notes?: It currently has Pokerus but is in the PC. It is from Japan. I'm not sure how to calculate EVs or IVs or anything.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
My brother gave me this Celebi, as he already had two. He didn't know if its legit or anything. He didn't say how he got it but I know it wasn't his own R/S/E game.

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: セレビイ
OT: アゲト
OT Gender: Cannot be determined
IDno: 31121
EV's: (if known) ???
IV's: (if known) The Judge in Kiloude City says greatest potential is Speed but not perfect.
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Confusion; Recover; Heal Bell; Safeguard
Level Caught at: It was lv. 10 when my brother traded it to me
Current Level: 11
Stats: 45/31/27/28/26/30
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across time and space to the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Egg?: No
Any other notes?: It currently has Pokerus but is in the PC. It is from Japan. I'm not sure how to calculate EVs or IVs or anything.
This is the Ageto Celebi from Pokémon Colosseum (though it can only be obtained in the Japanese bonus disc for the game).
I have one of these myself... but otherwise, it does look fine to me. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Status
Not open for further replies.