• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: ラティアス
OT: Can't replicate the characters, it's japanese
OT Gender: n/a
IDno: 57678
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) None
IV's: (if known) 13 / 13 / 12 / 12 / 7 / 11
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Scatters things often
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist Ball, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Psycho Shift
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 50
Stats: 146/91/101/121/138/120
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Hoenn Region.
Egg?:No
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball.
Any other notes?: Has 3 ribbons. Sinnoh Champion Ribbon, Champion Ribbon, and Gorgeous Ribbon. Don't know if this can just indicate that it was used.
Appears to be fine, it's probably the one you can find in Sapphire and Emerald. Finally trying my hand in this since I suck at remembering all these hack-rules and I need to get better :p.

Try the tradeback/mod first. If they won't trade back, (And I'd ask a mod to make sure that source is true, though I'm sure it is), then go to a mod and get them black listed.
This.

I was asking about the 10th anniversary event because there was an article/forum post (different site) that I read that states that the shiny prevention system only had a single re-roll for the gen 3 events in case the PID can produce a shiny, making the odds of getting a second PID roll that produces a shiny astronomical. Has this been debunked, or merely considered not worth the risk of a hack?

EDIT: What should I do regarding the user that offered the trade? I've already notified him that it has almost certainly been confirmed as a hack, but he also claimed that he got it about 6 years ago from someone else who told him not to trade it so as not to devalue the rarity.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I was asking about the 10th anniversary event because there was an article/forum post (different site) that I read that states that the shiny prevention system only had a single re-roll for the gen 3 events in case the PID can produce a shiny, making the odds of getting a second PID roll that produces a shiny astronomical. Has this been debunked, or merely considered not worth the risk of a hack?

EDIT: What should I do regarding the user that offered the trade? I've already notified him that it has almost certainly been confirmed as a hack, but he also claimed that he got it about 6 years ago from someone else who told him not to trade it so as not to devalue the rarity.

If i recall correctly Sabresite debugged the program that generated 10 ANNIV, as well as almost all other gen 3 events, and determined that the generation method didn't involve a re-roll in the event of a shiny, it simply skipped shiny PID frames in the same manner that the bonus Celebi from Colosseum was generated. As such, it was proven impossible for any known gen 3 event to be shiny. Even if the method invoked a re-roll, the odds of getting a shiny would be so astronomical, and the odds of that shiny surviving all of the generational shifts, and the odds of that shiny being offered for trade would amount to odds so staggering that you should just assume it is a hack.

This all came to light quite some time ago and right around the time I became distracted with real life stuff, so if Arbalest/Agonist/Hozu/Bond/Kaphotics/ProjectTitan or someone similar comes on and says otherwise, they would know a lot more about this subject they I would. But I'm pretty sure that was the result of Sabresite's work.

Also, since I seem to be among knowledgeable company, I've read quite a few posts from users regarding shiny Distant Land Pokemon. Could anyone clarify what can and can not be shiny from XD and Colosseum? I'm pretty sure that only Colosseum Shadow Pokemon, PokeSpot Pokemon from XD/Colosseum, and the Eevee in XD can be shiny, but I honestly have no idea anymore (specifically the 2nd-generation starters from Mt. Battle, Lugia, etc). Also, can the OTs of Distant Land Pokemon ONLY be in capital letters? Is it possible to get any lowercase letter or Japanese characters in the OTs at all?

Arbalest

Collector
Nickname: ラティアス
OT: Can't replicate the characters, it's japanese
OT Gender: n/a
IDno: 57678
EV's: (if known) None
IV's: (if known) 13 / 13 / 12 / 12 / 7 / 11
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Scatters things often
Moves: Mist Ball, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Psycho Shift
Current Level: 50
Stats: 146/91/101/121/138/120
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Hoenn Region.
Any other notes?: Has 3 ribbons. Sinnoh Champion Ribbon, Champion Ribbon, and Gorgeous Ribbon. Don't know if this can just indicate that it was used.
If those IVs are accurate it's a hack, no such spread exists for that sort of capture.

computertrash

knight of time
Pokemon Species: Cloyster
Nickname: Cloyster
OT: White2
OT Gender: ???
IDno: 39051
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) atk 2; sp. def 2; sp 3
IV's: (if known) (according to the XY IV calculator) 2, 3 / 26, 27 / 28, 29 / 31 / 12 / 18, 19
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Skill Link
Moves: Aurora Beam, Poison Jab, Spikes, Icicle Crash
Current Level: 64
Stats: 139,143,253,133,70,106
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Unova Region.
Any other notes?: got it from wondertrade. the masterball is really throwing me off here.

Dayushka

hi i would rly like to have these 3 pokemons checked up:

Nickname: no
OT: Aaron
OT Gender: white
IDno: 04274
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known) decent all around, good attack
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Proud of its power
Moves: Water Sport, Refresh, Mist Ball, Zen Headbutt
Level Caught at: -
Current Level: 40
Stats:
HP - 120
Atk - 71
Def - 85
Sp.Atk - 96
Sp.Def - 122
Speed - 97
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos region from Johto region
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: defaul one
Any other notes?: no

Nickname: no
OT: 10ANIV
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: no
IV's: (if known) decent all around, good HP
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Nods off a lot
Moves: Fly, Psychic, Recover, Charm
Level Caught at: idk
Current Level: 70
Stats:
HP - 203
Attack - 124
Def - 142
SpAtk- 151
SpDef - 192
Speed - 177
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos region from Hoenn region
Pokeball Caught In: Default

Pokemon Species: Kyurem
Nickname: idk its in Jap
OT: jap. name
IDno: 23944
Shiny?: yes
IV's: (if known) above average overall, fantastic speed stat
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Impetuous and silly
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Scary Face, Glaciate, Dragon Pulse, Imprison
Level Caught at: idk
Current Level: 70
Stats:
HP - 269
Attack - 182
Def - 148
SpAtk- 201
SpDef - 136
Speed - 156
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos region from Unova region
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

I rly appreciate any help with these one and tyvm for any answer :)

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
Pokemon Species: Pidove
Nickname: Pidove
OT: Mariah
OT Gender: Unknown
IDno: 55148
EV's: (if known) Atk 252/Spe 252/HP 6
IV's: (if known) V/V/V/?/V/V
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Return/Night Slash/Hypnosis/Roost
Level Caught at: Hatched
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12/7/6/4/5/6
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Nest Ball
Any other notes?: It is a shiny perfect Pidove whose egg was obtained "From: a Link Trade". It's from the GTS so I don't trust it 100% anyway, but I'd like to know if this combination is any likely at all.

Pokemon Species: Pidove
Nickname: Pidove
OT: Mariah
IDno: 55148
EV's: (if known) Atk 252/Spe 252/HP 6
IV's: (if known) V/V/V/?/V/V
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Return/Night Slash/Hypnosis/Roost
Level Caught at: Hatched
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12/7/6/4/5/6
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Nest Ball
Any other notes?: It is a shiny perfect Pidove whose egg was obtained "From: a Link Trade". It's from the GTS so I don't trust it 100% anyway, but I'd like to know if this combination is any likely at all.
Things like that are perfectly possible in X and Y. Not sure why anyone would go through all that trouble to get it, train it on that god forsaken balloon mingame, and then trade it on the GTS, but whatever.

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
Things like that are perfectly possible in X and Y. Not sure why anyone would go through all that trouble to get it, train it on that god forsaken balloon mingame, and then trade it on the GTS, but whatever.

Sorry that I wasn't clear on this part before, but the fact that its egg was obtained from a Link Trade is what's really bothering me here. My prior knowledge was that once you trade an egg its shininess was reset, and I'm not sure if that has changed in 6th generation.

Sorry that I wasn't clear on this part before, but the fact that its egg was obtained from a Link Trade is what's really bothering me here. My prior knowledge was that once you trade an egg its shininess was reset, and I'm not sure if that has changed in 6th generation.
I WILL tell you that the link trade portion is also totally legit, because of the way TSVs and ESVs in this generation are so easy to obtain.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Basically what The Federation said. But to add on to that for a little more clarity... in 6th gen, when the egg is generated with the day care man, everything including the IVs, TSVs, and ESVs are determined. It is likely that someone who originally obtained the egg traded it to someone who shared the same TSV as the Pidove egg itself and asked that person to hatch it. When a person shares the same TSV as the egg and he/she hatches it, it is guaranteed to hatch as a shiny. So in a sense, I don't believe the shininess resets when trading eggs in this generation.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Basically what The Federation said. But to add on to that for a little more clarity... in 6th gen, when the egg is generated with the day care man, everything including the IVs, TSVs, and ESVs are determined. It is likely that someone who originally obtained the egg traded it to someone who shared the same TSV as the Pidove egg itself and asked that person to hatch it. When a person shares the same TSV as the egg and he/she hatches it, it is guaranteed to hatch as a shiny. So in a sense, I don't believe the shininess resets when trading eggs in this generation.

that is correct when trading over a egg that someone has the same tsv value as the egg before hatched it will hatch shiny if it matches that persons tsv of course. Im sure that pidove was breed first and traded to someone that had the same tsv as the egg which makes the pidove is legal. In 6th generation it all about the tsv to match for the shiny value its like the new secret id of the game like bw and bw2 which works differently now that once the egg transfers over it will not reset being shiny which its all about if the egg matchs the tsv now.

Last edited:

Leopoldos

Pokemon Species: Diancie
Nickname: Diancie
OT: えいがかん
IDno: 07194
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/?/?/0
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Diamond Storm/Reflect/Return/Moonblast
Current Level:50
Date met: 7/23/2014
Stats: 125/120/153/114/163/60
Location Caught: Event
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: This Diancie have japanese OT and English name, although it don't have JPN grey symbol over left in 3ds screen.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Pokemon Species: Diancie
Nickname: Diancie
OT: えいがかん
IDno: 07194
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/?/?/0
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Diamond Storm/Reflect/Return/Moonblast
Current Level:50
Date met: 7/23/2014
Stats: 125/120/153/114/163/60
Location Caught: Event
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: This Diancie have japanese OT and English name, although it don't have JPN grey symbol over left in 3ds screen.

I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks like someone playing the Japanese version of the game had the game's language set to English when they picked up the Diancie, which is why it still has the Japanese OT but an English name. The reason it doesn't have the JPN tag is because the language was set to English. I play my UK Y in Japanese and all the Pokemon I get off that have the JPN tag, so the language of the Pokemon is dependant on the language the player chooses, not where the game was originally from. I also got the PokeBall Vivillon on my Y and, while it's named ビビヨン and has the JPN tag, the OT is still SUM2014, meaning that the OT is dependant on the region the game was purchased, not the player's chosen language.

Last edited:

computertrash

knight of time
Pokemon Species: Cloyster
Nickname: Cloyster
OT: White2
OT Gender: ???
IDno: 39051
EV's: (if known) atk 2; sp. def 2; sp 3
IV's: (if known) (according to the XY IV calculator) 2, 3 / 26, 27 / 28, 29 / 31 / 12 / 18, 19
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Skill Link
Moves: Aurora Beam, Poison Jab, Spikes, Icicle Crash
Current Level: 64
Stats: 139,143,253,133,70,106
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Unova Region.
Any other notes?: got it from wondertrade. the masterball is really throwing me off here.

id still like help with this.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
id still like help with this.

I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure because its fine other then the master ball I highly doubt the Pokemon is a hack but it is slightly possible. What I think happened is someone was using the 900 item cheat on their bw/b2w2 cartridges using the action replay, then went completing the Dex master all chucking every Pokemon that popped up.
If it was shiny in that master ball then it would definitely be a hack as most of them are
I've heard stories though of those unlucky trainers who come across shiny Pokemon who ran out of pokeballs so had no choice but to use the master ball..

computertrash

knight of time
The only thing that's questionable is the gender, I have no idea what ??? gender means in the game's code or why it would report it like that. Everything else is legitimate.

thats the OT gender. its like impossible to determine OT gender in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.