• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the OT gender. its like impossible to determine OT gender in XY.
Ahh, that's right. I was under the impression that, well... I don't know what I thought really, something along the lines of it literally having ??? somewhere on the card xD

It's totally legit, not hacked at all. Asmo is right that it the Pokeball used to catch it could be hacked, but so could any other ball. It is not a hacked Pokémon, as far as the data goes. The ball doesn't even matter in the end, either.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Is it possible to get an East Sea (blue) Shellos with Sand Force (HA)?

Ice Lock

Hello!
I hope this shiny Latias is legit, I would love to be able to use this for soaring for ORAS. It looks legit and due to the recent patch I would expect it, but I'd like double check to be safe.

Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: N/A
OT: Eufemia
OT Gender: N/A (I don't see a gender colour anywhere for this)
IDno:07605
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: N/A
IV's: HP 31, ATK X, DEF 31, SPATK X, SPDEF 31, SPE X
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Trick, Psyshock, Hidden Power, Draco Meteor
Level Caught at:N/A (No infomation given on it's level caught)
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 301, ATK 175, DEF 216, SPATK 349, SPDEF 297, SPE 318
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Unova Region
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: Received this today from the GTS.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I hope this shiny Latias is legit, I would love to be able to use this for soaring for ORAS. It looks legit and due to the recent patch I would expect it, but I'd like double check to be safe.

Pokemon Species: Latias
OT: Eufemia
OT Gender: N/A (I don't see a gender colour anywhere for this)
IDno:07605
IV's: HP 31, ATK X, DEF 31, SPATK X, SPDEF 31, SPE X
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Trick, Psyshock, Hidden Power, Draco Meteor
Level Caught at:N/A (No infomation given on it's level caught)
Stats: HP 301, ATK 175, DEF 216, SPATK 349, SPDEF 297, SPE 318
Location Caught: Traveled across both space and time from the Unova Region
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: Received this today from the GTS.
Assuming this isn't a known hacker's OT/ID, it seems legal to me.
Looks like this one was RNG abused in 5th gen to have HP fire, judging by the IV spread.

Is it possible to get an East Sea (blue) Shellos with Sand Force (HA)?

I believe so; it seems you need to breed Gastrodon from a Friend Safari to get it (or you could have gotten one when Dream World was available).

Ice Lock

Hello!
I believe so; it seems you need to breed Gastrodon from a Friend Safari to get it (or you could have gotten one when Dream World was available).

Just to add to this, you can only get west sea(Pink) Shellos/gastrodon from the friend safari and the east sea(Blue) forme does not appear there. The only legit way to get a east sea with sand force is from the dream world as stated and/or if it was bred with the ability.

Last edited:
Just to add to this, you can only get west sea(Pink) Shellos/gastrodon from the friend safari and the east sea(Blue) forme does not appear there. The only legit way to get a east sea with sand force is from the dream world as stated and/or if it was bred with the ability.
Just wondering, do you know how breeding works with Shelloses/Gastrodons? Is the form just random or is it the same as the parent?

LLR

Vivillon Trader
The mother passes down the form .
I'm not sure about a male with a Ditto.

Last edited by a moderator:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Just wondering, do you know how breeding works with Shelloses/Gastrodons? Is the form just random or is it the same as the parent?

I am a breeder I am here to help out XD If you have a east coast it will produce blue shellos, and if you breed with a west cost pink shellos it will produce pink ones which it will be the female that passes down the form of course. I am pretty sure though if its a ditto with the form it will produce whatever form the male is which i did breed with a ditto litterly two seconds ago :3 hope that helps.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Pokemon Species: Ditto
OT: Jose Marcelo
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 02242
IV's:N/A
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Imposter
Moves: Transform
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: HP-78, ATK-43, DEF-43, SPATK-43, SPDEF-43, SPE-43
Location Caught: Friend Safari
Egg?:N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: Receive from GTS

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

oh wait omit what i just posted just changed it forgot friend safari, got to exuse me im so tried from work -_- anyway it looks legal to me i think the name is long but i forgot the limit on the name count.

Last edited:

Kevin24

Event Collector
you can find imposter ditto in friend safari and it can be shiny. this is from gen 6. notice he says it's from friend safari and not from gen 5

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
you can find imposter ditto in friend safari and it can be shiny. this is from gen 6. notice he says it's from friend safari and not from gen 5

I edited my post awhile ago before you posted lol im tired from work forgot about friend safari XD

Arbalest

Collector
Almost certainly a hack, those stats look like hex flawless IVs (you can confirm by either checking the IVs or checking the EVs), and legitimate hex flawless shiny friend safari Dittos from the GTS don't exist.

Also, it's the GTS, take a look at how many posts there are in this thread of hacks from the GTS/WT, then multiply that number by a million or so to figure out how many hacks aren't being caught or posted.

Shiny Rokon

Pokemon Species: Scizor
Nickname: Scizor
OT: GeOnE
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) white
IDno: 09012
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) attack 252 Defense 6 Speed252
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Light Metal
Moves: Vacuum Wave, X-Scissor, Steel Wing, Aerial Ace
Level Caught at: Egg received: 10/09/2014 From: a Day-Care Couple Egg Hatched: Apparently 10/11/2014 Where: Route 7
Stats: HP 281, Atk 394, Def 237, Sp.Atk 131, Sp. Def 196, Speed 229
Location Caught: see above
Egg?: see above
Pokeball Caught In: Net Ball
Any other notes?: wonder trade received as scyther which evolved in scizor when i received it

Also a question, when battling over the internet do a lot of people used hacked pokemon or is it quite controlled so that they can't enter them?

kyogreblue3

take a byte
Got this through a random trade a few days ago; 6IVs seems way too good to be true, so I have my suspicions.

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: None
OT: Eddie
OT Gender: The color is white, so the gender can't be determined for sure, but judging from only the name, OT is most likely Male
IDno: 01362
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Drought
Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Level Caught at: Doesn't say
Current Level: 50
Stats: HP- 175, ATTACK- 170, DEFENSE- 176, SP.ATTACK-108, SP.DEFENSE- 110, SPEED- 110
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: None

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Got this through a random trade a few days ago; 6IVs seems way too good to be true, so I have my suspicions.

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: None
OT: Eddie
OT Gender: The color is white, so the gender can't be determined for sure, but judging from only the name, OT is most likely Male
IDno: 01362
Shiny?: No
EV's: None
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Drought
Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Level Caught at: Doesn't say
Current Level: 50
Stats: HP- 175, ATTACK- 170, DEFENSE- 176, SP.ATTACK-108, SP.DEFENSE- 110, SPEED- 110
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: None
Hacked, only natures which can have 6IVs on a wild Pokemon with a fixed gender in Gen 4 are Calm, Docile, Modest and Timid.

Shiny Rokon

Pokemon Species: Scizor
Nickname: Scizor
OT: GeOnE
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) white
IDno: 09012
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) attack 252 Defense 6 Speed252
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Light Metal
Moves: Vacuum Wave, X-Scissor, Steel Wing, Aerial Ace
Level Caught at: Egg received: 10/09/2014 From: a Day-Care Couple Egg Hatched: Apparently 10/11/2014 Where: Route 7
Stats: HP 281, Atk 394, Def 237, Sp.Atk 131, Sp. Def 196, Speed 229
Location Caught: see above
Egg?: see above
Pokeball Caught In: Net Ball
Any other notes?: wonder trade received as scyther which evolved in scizor when i received it

Also a question, when battling over the internet do a lot of people used hacked pokemon or is it quite controlled so that they can't enter them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.