• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentZ

Well, figured as much, but thanks again for the fast help, too bad my suspicions proved to be correct on those first 2 :(

nel3

Crimson Dragon
IMG_2204a.jpgcan someone please tell me if this suicune is legit? i'll still keep it if hacked, unless there's a risk i'll lose game save file if I keep it. Suicune is one of my favorite legendaries so im rather inclined to keep it of its safe to do so without damaging the game save file.

I put a 6v3em male vulpix on GTS and got this within 1 week.
edit: for clarity
pkmn in question
its a 6iIV Johto origin Suicune pkmn. level found, location/egg unkown. its lvl40 docile in ultraball, OT: Gabbe 14176. I presume its untouched as it has no EVs or exp to show it leveled up from lvl39.
80k exp, not a shiny pkmn.
HP: 142
atk: 77
DF: 109
SPA: 89
SDF: 85
SPD: 143
its noted for 31SDF in summary, moves are Rain dance, Gust, Aurora beam and mist

on another note, I did a legendary pkmn trade up string. I came across some 1v pkmn and 2 3v0x. can 0v in any of the 6 stats come up when you catch a legit legendary?

Last edited:

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
can someone please tell me if this suicune is legit? i'll still keep it if hacked, unless there's a risk i'll lose game save file if I keep it. Suicune is one of my favorite legendaries so im rather inclined to keep it of its safe to do so without damaging the game save file.

I put a 6v3em male vulpix on GTS and got this within 1 week. its a 6iIV Johto origin pkmn, level found, location/egg unkown. its lvl40 docile in ultraball, OT: Gabbe 14176
HP: 142 atk: 77 DF: 109 SPA: 89 SDF: 85 SPD: 143
its noted for 31SDF in summary, moves are Rain dance, Gust, Aurora beam and mist

on another note, I did a legendary pkmn trade up string. I came across some 1v pkmn and 2 3v0x. can 0v in any of the 6 stats come up when you catch a legit legendary?

What species is it? You gave everything but what pokemon it is. Also what are the stats, nature, and characterisitic? Those could be of some help.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
IMG_2204b.jpg
What species is it? You gave everything but what pokemon it is. Also what are the stats, nature, and characterisitic? Those could be of some help.

sorry about that Strytho, the stats nature I gave are for the Suicune I got in return for sending off my vulpix. the suicune has Pressure for its ability. im trying to put up an pic attachment but its not going too well. I did put all the stats in the original post though in a different format.

the last question regarding a 0IV stat have nothing to do with the Suicune question.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
View attachment 14007can someone please tell me if this suicune is legit? i'll still keep it if hacked, unless there's a risk i'll lose game save file if I keep it. Suicune is one of my favorite legendaries so im rather inclined to keep it of its safe to do so without damaging the game save file.

I put a 6v3em male vulpix on GTS and got this within 1 week.
edit: for clarity
pkmn in question
its a 6iIV Johto origin Suicune pkmn, level found, location/egg unkown. its lvl40 docile in ultraball, OT: Gabbe 14176
HP: 142
atk: 77
DF: 109
SPA: 89
SDF: 85
SPD: 143

It possible that it's legal, that' a valid spread and since it's not shiny the ID doesn't matter, but I'm inclined to think it's probably hacked or edited in some way. Who has the ability to RNG but goes for Docile nature? No RNGer I can think of would actually waste time on something less then perfect (unless they are compromising a few IV points for a shiny spread or something, but since it's not shiny, that's not the case)

As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand all of the acronyms and abbreviations you used, but if I understood your question you were asking if a legendary pokemon can have an IV of 0 in any of its stats. If that's your question, then the answer is yes. Any pokemon can have any IV from 0-31, legendary pokemon are nothing special, nor are shiny pokemon post gen 2. The odds of getting any pokemon with al IVs 0 is the same as getting a pokemon with all IVs being 31. So, all in all the IVs are random for all pokemon and any pokemon can have any IV from 0-31 (Gen 6 introduced a feature where stationary pokemon have 3 IVs randomly selected to be 31, so a gen 6 legend should have at least 3 perfect IVs, but the other 3 can be anything from 0-31)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It possible that it's legal, that' a valid spread and since it's not shiny the ID doesn't matter, but I'm inclined to think it's probably hacked or edited in some way. Who has the ability to RNG but goes for Docile nature? No RNGer I can think of would actually waste time on something less then perfect (unless they are compromising a few IV points for a shiny spread or something, but since it's not shiny, that's not the case)

As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand all of the acronyms and abbreviations you used, but if I understood your question you were asking if a legendary pokemon can have an IV of 0 in any of its stats. If that's your question, then the answer is yes. Any pokemon can have any IV from 0-31, legendary pokemon are nothing special, nor are shiny pokemon post gen 2. The odds of getting any pokemon with al IVs 0 is the same as getting a pokemon with all IVs being 31. So, all in all the IVs are random for all pokemon and any pokemon can have any IV from 0-31 (Gen 6 introduced a feature where stationary pokemon have 3 IVs randomly selected to be 31, so a gen 6 legend should have at least 3 perfect IVs, but the other 3 can be anything from 0-31)

ty very much Dewey, I personally don't mind if its docile or not. timid or modest are preferable but a neutral nature is just fine. I cant complain on the IVs on the Suicune either, im just glad its a has good stats and nothing to hurt it. im not too sold on its shiny form either. from what I understand hacked/edit pokemon don't doo damage to the save file. they just cant really be traded or put in competitions/tournaments.

I did string my Zapdos and Lopunny for 4 extra legendary dex data. 1 was a 1v Moltres and ones a Terrakion 31DF-0ATK. im surprised to see legendary pknmn that have only 1 31 iv stat but I can accept that to randomization factors. would ppl still accept 1 31iv pokemon (or even 1 0iv stat) pokemon? though I didn't really check out the Moltres well, so the Moltres and Terrakion are probably before generation 6.

the way I note down IVs is an easy way for me to remember it. I often drop the I from IV (if needed). I also note missing stats as -X or 0 iv similarly.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hacked pokemon can't damage your game, quoting Bond on the issue of hacked pokemon corrupting a game file:

No. It literally can not.

This crap needs to stop. There is absolutely no way a pkm file/Pokemon can wreck a save. It's not physically possible. None of the pkm data is ever in an executable area. Ever. Pkm data is parsed and displayed and that's it. It gets read, not run. Occasionally you'll get some jackass who trades a glitched pkm that might freeze your game because the parser has trouble interpreting the data. This is extremely, extremely rare. And even then, it has no other effect. Reset and move along. Maybe find someone with an AR to dispose of the glitched poke for you. That's it though. That's all that can happen and the odds of that are incredibly rare.

So even if the Suicune is hacked and you want to keep it for your own personal uses, then you'll be fine.

As for people willing to trade for less-than-flawless legends, I don't really know what people want in trades these days, I haven't traded with anyone for over 3 years. I would assume if someone wants the pokemon for dex data then they would trade something else for it, but in terms of people not wanting it because they think it's hacked or something, there is no basis for such a claim. IVs are random and pre-gen 6 you had the same shot of getting an IV of 0 as you did an IV of 31. The odds are still the same as far as I know, it's just that gen 6 legends are guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs and previous gen legends had no such luck when they were generated.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Hacked pokemon can't damage your game, quoting Bond on the issue of hacked pokemon corrupting a game file:

So even if the Suicune is hacked and you want to keep it for your own personal uses, then you'll be fine.

As for people willing to trade for less-than-flawless legends, I don't really know what people want in trades these days, I haven't traded with anyone for over 3 years. I would assume if someone wants the pokemon for dex data then they would trade something else for it, but in terms of people not wanting it because they think it's hacked or something, there is no basis for such a claim. IVs are random and pre-gen 6 you had the same shot of getting an IV of 0 as you did an IV of 31. The odds are still the same *** far as I know, it's just that gen 6 legends are guarenteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs and previous gen legends had no such luck when they were generated.

ty Dewey, im just glad to finally get one in X as I don't have the time/will/money to send my HG suicune to X as I don't even have game or console for gen5.

I wasn't sure when they guaranteed certain IV minimums in certain generations. I probably wouldn't send a hacked pkmn in a trade anyway to keep it fair, if anything it'll stay boxed and be for personal use.

Arbalest

Collector
So, i got some shiny legendaries off of some trades here, which i'd like to get checked, as i do suspect (some of) them to be potientially hacked.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Darkrai
OT: ふしぎのくに
OT Gender: White
IDno: 45093
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: Some in everything, but not fully trained (has been used ingame, judging from the ribbons)
IV's: 31 in Def/SDef/Speed, relatively superior
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Level Caught at: fateful encounter at Lv 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 211/169/179/210/177/251
Location Caught: Pokémon Movie 14. on 21st April 2014
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: First thing that bugs me is the ID which is not the same as listed on the Event Database. However, i've seen some other Event Pokémon having other IDs as listed, depending on the location of origin, which is why i want it to be checked. Another thing to note, is that it seems to be of German origin, as it does not have a nation tag beneath it's name on my German cartridge, which makes me whonder if that Darkrai got hacked by some German dude who wanted a Movie 14 Darkrai or if it indeed is a legit one, of someone who happened to acquire it with a German cartridge of himself (which might be possible).
The Ribbons on it are the obligatory Wishing Ribbon and the Kalos Champ Ribbon

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: Jirachi
OT: CHANNEL
IDno: 40122
EV's: none
IV's: relatively superior, nothing at 31
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest
Level Caught at: 5 (presumably)
Current Level: 5
Stats: 25/16/15/16/15/16
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
Pokeball Caught In: Pokéball
Any other notes?: Now this one is especially interesting to me, as i remember to have read somewhere that channel Jirachis can never be shiny. On the small chance that i have misread/got false info, i wanted to get it checked, as everything thing else matches the Event database

Pokemon Species: Heatran
Nickname: Heatran
OT: Ash
OT Gender: white
IDno: 08895
EV's: none (yes, none, propably removed or Rare-Candy trained)
IV's: 24/13/11/23/6/1
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to relax
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Iron Head, Lava Plume, Stone Edge, Heatwave
Level Caught at: ?
Current Level: 100
Stats: 316/217/228/259/223/160
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
Pokeball Caught In: Pokéball
Any other notes?: Im just getting it checked, as im not entirely sure about OTIDs starting with 0, nothing else that really caught my eye on this one

Pokemon Species: Cresselia
Nickname: Cresselia
OT: Ash
OT Gender: white
IDno: 08895
EV's: none
IV's: 26-27/28-29/24-25/24-25/31/2-3
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist, Aurora Beam, Future Sight, Slash
Level Caught at: ?
Stats: 193/80/137/101/150/91
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: same as the Heatran, as they share the same OT and OTID (got them from the same person, so i do guess that both are legit, but you can never be too sure

That's it for today, hope you guys can help me out yet again :)
All are hacked.
Darkrai and Jirachi other people have dealt with, the IV+nature combo for Heatran doesn't exist, and since Cress has the same OT as Heatran it's a pretty safe bet that it's also hacked.

Melloyu

Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
Nickname: none
OT: CHRIS
OT Gender: No clue
IDno: 57919
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Good preserverance
Ability:Solid Rock
Moves: Horn drill, Megahorn, Earthquake, Rock Wrecker
Level Caught at: -
Stats: 371HP-356ATK-353DEF-135SPA-129SPD-112Spe
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled acroos both space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Egg?: -
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Got it off GTS for my Gallade... Seems to good to be true :(

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
OT: CHRIS
IDno: 57919
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Good preserverance
Ability:Solid Rock
Moves: Horn drill, Megahorn, Earthquake, Rock Wrecker
Stats: 371HP-356ATK-353DEF-135SPA-129SPD-112Spe
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled acroos both space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Got it off GTS for my Gallade... Seems to good to be true :(
Assuming the OT/ID No is not a known hacker's combination, it looks legal. Rhyhorn can be found in the wild in White Forest in Pokemon White.

All are hacked.
Darkrai and Jirachi other people have dealt with, the IV+nature combo for Heatran doesn't exist, and since Cress has the same OT as Heatran it's a pretty safe bet that it's also hacked.

Ah, I forgot that Gen 3/4 Pokemon have restricted IVs, thanks for catching that. But how are you able to tell if the IV/nature combos are legal or not? I know it's pretty simple for 6IV Pokemon, but I have no idea for anything else.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Ah, I forgot that Gen 3/4 Pokemon have restricted IVs, thanks for catching that. But how are you able to tell if the IV/nature combos are legal or not? I know it's pretty simple for 6IV Pokemon, but I have no idea for anything else.

Just run the spread through RNGr with the right nature selected. If no results are returned from the search then the spread just doesn't exist.

raidermegaman

Pokemon Species: Houndour
OT: Maz
IDno: 16521
IV's: 6IV
Nature: Bashful
Characterstic: alert to sounds
Ability: flash fire
Moves: smog, nasty plot, crunch, flamethrower
Stats: 252HP-177ATK-117DEF-217SPA-157SPD-187Spe
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?: it came from the gts. I traded a level 1 Japanese houndour for it. it sounds too good to be true.

achilles90

I absolutely need to have these two Pokemon checked out because I offered HA Charmeleons from the friend safari thinking that no one would be silly enough to actually accept the offer, but both went through within 24 hours much to my surprise. Then I looked at the IV stats and EV spreads...

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: None
OT: Lucas
IDno: 28052
EV's: 252 spd / 252 sp.atk / 4 hp
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Psycho Boost/Focus Blast/Thunder/Dark Pulse
Level Caught at: 80
Stats: 242/302/136/399/136/438
Location Caught: Sky Pillar
Egg?: Can someone please explain what this question is asking for exactly, it has always stumped me.
Pokeball Caught In: Master
Any other notes?: Apparantly had a fateful encounter. This pokemon is holding the Hoenn Champion Ribbon, was met 2nd of December, 2014. It is also actively infected with Pokerus. It seems too good to be true, it really does.

Pokemon Species: Giratina
OT: Twilly
IDno: 17454
Shiny?: no
EV's: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 sp.def
IV's: 29-30/30-31/31/30-31/31/30-31
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Moves: Rest/Sleep Talk/Will-O-Wisp/Dragon Tail
Level Caught at: 50
Stats: 256/120/189/108/141/110
Location Caught: Soaring in the sky
Egg?: Can someone please explain what this question is asking for exactly, it has always stumped me.
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra
Any other notes?: Date Met 26th of November, 2014.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I absolutely need to have these two Pokemon checked out because I offered HA Charmeleons from the friend safari thinking that no one would be silly enough to actually accept the offer, but both went through within 24 hours much to my surprise. Then I looked at the IV stats and EV spreads...

Any other notes?: Apparantly had a fateful encounter. This pokemon is holding the Hoenn Champion Ribbon, was met 2nd of December, 2014. It is also actively infected with Pokerus. It seems too good to be true, it really does.

Deoxys is likely to be hacked, since it is apparently shiny-locked in ORAS. Not sure on Giratina however.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

The part about the egg is just asking if the pokemon was hatched from an egg, and if so then provide details of that, such as where it was hatched and anything else you might think is helpful.

Deoxys is hacked. Shiny lock or not, there is no way someone was lucky/patient enough to SR for a hex-flawless shiny pokemon with the right nature (though Deoxys does seem to be shiny-locked, so any ORAS shiny Deoxys are, at this point, immediately suspect until proven otherwise). Giratina is hard to say as people have SR for legends with high IVs like that. It's at least a clone as no one would take the time to SR for a legend then just trade it away (at least I doubt someone would do something like that). Since nothing seems off about Giratina at first blush I would default and say it's legal.

achilles90

Thanks for the confirmation, although the Giratina being seemingly legit is plesently suprising. :)

smileyguy24

Pokemon species:Mew
Nickname none
OT FAL2010
GENDERLESS
ID 10160
EV no clue
IV no clue
Nature Impish
Characteristic Quick to flee
Ability Synchronize
Level met 5