• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
As always, I take your word for it. xD I probably may just let this one collect dust in my boxes for the time being, unless I decide to release it at some point. The RNG via emulator would make a little more sense, actually. Because after attempting to look up a little further on the user whose OT/ID belongs to, it led me to Bitterlemon's old trade shop on Smogon. (Seems this user has been inactive for some time, too.) Said user also seems to have a lot of OT/IDs belonging to him/her, and I would find it strange if said user owns that many 'physical' copies of the game. But for the OT/ID I have, I did find this within his/her trade shop post: "Soul Silver JAP ID: Ghix (30864) 7942ef72" (What does the one in bold mean?)

7942ef72 Is the PID he RNGed his ID number for to make the spread shiny. It's the PID for the hex-flawless Timid spread in HG/SS. I've been on Smogon once or twice and browsed around their trade threads at times, some people use to list the PIDs they RNGed for in gen 4. I never understood why really, it doesn't tell you anything useful, and it always looked suspicious to me, but I'm a bit jaded by past hackers so maybe that's just my paranoia. Any way, knowing the PID doesn't really tell you anything, and the people who can use the PID to double check the spread are fully capably of finding the correct PID on their own.

As for the several ID/OT combos, that was also pretty common in gen 4. You could only RNG for one spread at a time in gen 4, so if you wanted HP Fire Timid and HP Ice Timid, that meant you needed to play the game twice (well, only if you wanted the pokemon shiny). Quite few people had the ability to extract their save files and could inject them back into the cart at will. Other, like myself, were low tech and had to delete the previous save every time we decided to RNG a different spread. Emu abuse would make this process a lot easier though. Did the trade thread mention tht they played on an emulator? Some users also use to make note of that as well.

EDIT: I just noticed that he lists his file as Japanese. Is the OT in the blocky Japanese font, and does the pokemon have a JAP tag? If not, then regardless of Bitterlemon's legitimacy, it would seem someone hacked one of his pokemon. Even if the pokemon has the right OT font and the JAP tag, however, the problem of the ID number still remains, but the font and tag would give a definitive answer.

Last edited:
This is one that the person who traded it on here felt weird about, from what I saw everything looked good though:

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: SHAYMIN
OT: Oblivia
OT Gender: Its just white
IDno: 03060
Shiny: No
EV's: It was clear when I received it.
IV's: All 6 are 31
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: It lined up just fine here with what all sites I checked said it should have at that point.
Level Caught at: Doesn't say. I think I got it at 30.
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 342, Attack 212, Def 236, SP Attack 328, SP Def 236, Speed 299
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Jhoto region.
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Normal Pokeball
Any other notes?: I just want to make sure before I go offering it for something. It looks legit, but feels too good to be true.

Thanks in advance!

Holla

Pokèmon Master
Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: Doesn't have one
OT: (heart symbol)Ezz(heart symbol)
OT Gender: White
IDno:64713
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) None
IV's: (if known) IV checker in game said it's HP, Attack and Special Def are Fantastic
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Mist Ball, Psycho Shift
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 97/62/61/76/101/66
Location Caught: I'm assuming Southern Island as it's from ORAS but I'm checking this info from Pokemon X
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: I got this directly from the OT, I feel like it's legit but I'm not an expert in this so I'm asking here.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Pokemon Species: Latias
Nickname: Doesn't have one
OT: (heart symbol)Ezz(heart symbol)
OT Gender: White
IDno:64713
EV's: (if known) None
IV's: (if known) IV checker in game said it's HP, Attack and Special Def are Fantastic
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Heal Pulse, Dragon Breath, Mist Ball, Psycho Shift
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 97/62/61/76/101/66
Location Caught: I'm assuming Southern Island as it's from ORAS but I'm checking this info from Pokemon X
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: I got this directly from the OT, I feel like it's legit but I'm not an expert in this so I'm asking here.
Latias is not shiny locked in ORAS, so it looks legal assuming the OT/ID No is not a known hacker's combination.

Arbalest

Collector
Groudon (no nickname)
25366 / KIROFED
Shiny
EV/IV unknown , Lv100
Impish / Drought
362/357/370/231/237/237
From Johto
Capable of taking hits
Pokéball is from an apricot, I think Heavy Ball (looks like the great ball, but has small balls on top)
Notes: Has an ITA tag
Really bad hack, you could have figured it out yourself by checking the IVs and reading the OP.

This is one that the person who traded it on here felt weird about, from what I saw everything looked good though:

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: SHAYMIN
OT: Oblivia
OT Gender: Its just white
IDno: 03060
Shiny: No
EV's: It was clear when I received it.
IV's: All 6 are 31
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: It lined up just fine here with what all sites I checked said it should have at that point.
Level Caught at: Doesn't say. I think I got it at 30.
Stats: HP 342, Attack 212, Def 236, SP Attack 328, SP Def 236, Speed 299
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Jhoto region.
Pokeball Caught In: Normal Pokeball
Any other notes?: I just want to make sure before I go offering it for something. It looks legit, but feels too good to be true.

Thanks in advance!
Hacked, a real one would have a de-CAPSLOCKed "nickname" when transferred to 6th gen.

HannahRAWRR

Pokemon Nerd
Im unsure about two pokemon I have, I recently got them in a trade. I can't seem to put them on GTS so that might a favor on the real side.

Pokemon Species: Manaphy, Mew
Nickname: None for either
OT: Manaphy - Mat, Mew - JEsSICA
OT Gender:None for either
IDno: Manaphy - 62971, Mew - 48984
Shiny?: No for both
EV's: (if known) N/A
IV's: (if known) N/A
Nature: Manaphy - Timid, Mew - Docile
Characteristic: Manaphy - Takes plenty of siestas, Mew - Likes to tan
Ability: Manaphy - Hydration, Mew - Synchronize
Moves: Manaphy - Taiil glow; Bubble; Water Sport, Mew - Transform, Metronome, Psychic, Dazzling, Gleam
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: Manaphy - 7, Mew - 60
Stats: Manaphy - HP 33; A 18; D 21; SA 21; SD 21; SP 23, Mew - HP 249; A 167; D 156; SA 166; SD 171 SP 178
Location Caught: Manaphy - Johto, Mew - Hoen
Pokeball Caught In: Manaphy - Pokeball, Mew - Pokeball
Any other notes?: Manaphy has no ribbons, Mee has a Relax Ribbon and Kalos Champion Ribbon

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Im unsure about two pokemon I have, I recently got them in a trade. I can't seem to put them on GTS so that might a favor on the real side.

Moves: Manaphy - Taiil glow; Bubble; Water Sport, Mew - Transform, Metronome, Psychic, Dazzling, Gleam
Stats: Manaphy - HP 33; A 18; D 21; SA 21; SD 21; SP 23, Mew - HP 249; A 167; D 156; SA 166; SD 171 SP 178
Any other notes?: Manaphy has no ribbons, Mee has a Relax Ribbon and Kalos Champion Ribbon

Event Pokemon cannot be put up on the GTS at all. The only exceptions are the Deoxys caught in ORAS.

I'm not 100% sure about the Manaphy. It could be hacked because it has flawless IVs from what I can tell but it could also be RNGd as flawless IVs and a Timid nature were legal in Gen4 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Unless the OT is a known hacker it's hard to tell.

The Mew is definitely hacked however. The only non-event Mew that can come from Hoenn games are from New Island and that event was only released in Japan so any non-Japanese Mew, that aren't from events, are hacked even if they were caught normally as you need to hack in order to get to it in the first place.

Last edited:

HannahRAWRR

Pokemon Nerd
Event Pokemon cannot be put up on the GTS at all. The only exceptions are the Deoxys caught in ORAS.

I'm not 100% sure about the Manaphy. It could be hacked because it has flawless IVs from what I can tell but it could also be RNGd as flawless IVs and a Timid nature were legal in Gen4 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Unless the OT is a known hacker it's hard to tell.

The Mew is definitely hacked however. The only non-event Mew that can come from Hoenn games are from New Island and that event was only released in Japan so any non-Japanese Mew, that aren't from events, are hacked even if they were caught normally as you need to hack in order to get to it in the first place.

Darn it :( well thamks for the help, I'll go search for new ones then

Dancing Togekiss

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname:None
OT:Red
OT Gender: Genderless
IDno: 01337
EV's: Some in HP. May be because I killed a marill with it.
IV's: Perfect in everything
Nature: Adament
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Drought
Moves: Fire Blast
Eathquake
Fissue
Solar beam
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled through time and space from the hoenn region
Current Level:100
Stats: Attack; 369
Defense: 316
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defence
Speed: 216
Location Caught: Doesn't say
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Premium ball
Any other notes?: I received in a trade for my dialga on the GTS and was very surprised. I think it may be hacked but I want to make sure first. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Teliko

Pokemon Species: Zapdos
Nickname: None
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: No
EV's: Untouched
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Agility, Detect, Drill Peck, Charge
Current Level: 70
Stats: 227/152/130/201/152/182
Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the hoenn region
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Got it from the GTS for a latias, from reading the first post i think it's hacked but i don't know lol.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Just got this in a wonder trade yesterday and it looks suspicious to me...

Pokemon Species: Snivy
OT: JERS
IDno: 41489
EV's: ?
IV's: ?
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Magical Leaf, Mirror Coat, Vine Whip, Iron Tail
Level Caught at: Egg hatched
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12/4/6/5/6/6
Location Caught: Egg hatched
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: Got this Snivy in a wonder trade.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Just got this in a wonder trade yesterday and it looks suspicious to me...

Pokemon Species: Snivy
OT: JERS
IDno: 41489
EV's: ?
IV's: ?
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Magical Leaf, Mirror Coat, Vine Whip, Iron Tail
Level Caught at: Egg hatched
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12/4/6/5/6/6
Location Caught: Egg hatched
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball
Any other notes?: Got this Snivy in a wonder trade.

Snivy can't be in a Dream Ball, so it's hacked. Weird that it has Overgrow instead of Contrary, though. If you're going to hack a Pokemon, at least hack it with a good ability.

Kevin24

Event Collector
Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname:None
OT:Red
OT Gender: Genderless
IDno: 01337
EV's: Some in HP. May be because I killed a marill with it.
IV's: Perfect in everything
Nature: Adament
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Drought
Moves: Fire Blast
Eathquake
Fissue
Solar beam
Level Caught at: Seems to have traveled through time and space from the hoenn region
Current Level:100
Stats: Attack; 369
Defense: 316
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defence
Speed: 216
Location Caught: Doesn't say
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Premium ball
Any other notes?: I received in a trade for my dialga on the GTS and was very surprised. I think it may be hacked but I want to make sure first. Thank you in advance!

hack.id is that of a hacker

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
hack.id is that of a hacker

Also, just for reference, Dancing Togekiss, most Trainer IDs that are 01337 are those of hackers because "1337" spells "leet" and kids with PowerSaves think that's cool.

Really bad hack, you could have figured it out yourself by checking the IVs and reading the OP.

Hacked, a real one would have a de-CAPSLOCKed "nickname" when transferred to 6th gen.

That is what I was told was off and what I thought was off. Thanks!

That Manaphy sounds like the one that is being traded in the shops (At least the OT is Mat on that one). It is cloned like crazy, but most of the seasoned traders I see say it looks legit.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
That Manaphy sounds like the one that is being traded in the shops (At least the OT is Mat on that one). It is cloned like crazy, but most of the seasoned traders I see say it looks legit.

I'm pretty sure the Manaphy with OT: Mat belongs to Bond697. I don't know what Bond's gen 4 ID number was, but he was a prolific RNGer and he had his pokemon public on pokecheck for the longest time. He pretty much gave his pokemon away in any way he could. They're not hacked, they're just cloned to oblivion and spread around the pokemon community like wildfire. It's legal, cloned, but legal.

too-weak

EDIT- had to remove some smilies emoticons that accidentally got added.
Just want to check on a few dittos. Gonna berry off all the EVs to be sure. Some may have Daycare exp after I got them, but no ev's.
None have any of the contest stats (cool, etc) raised at all.

Ditto #1: Thinking Hack since Contest ribbon, none of the contest stats raised, and came from Unova where they only have movies and musicals?
Ditto #2 & 3: I think/hope they are real

#1[spoil]
Pokemon Species: Ditto
Nickname: Ditto
OT: Pocky
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male):cant tell
IDno:02391
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) berried off all, had some in everything
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Characteristic: Takes plenty of seistas
Ability: Limber
Moves: Transform
Level Caught at: not stated
Stats: 237 HP, 118 atk, 165 speed, 132 on the rest (after berrying off all evs)
Location Caught: Unova
Egg?: not stated
Pokeball Caught In: premeir ball
Any other notes?: Contest Memory Ribbon 1, GER language tag, this one came from a different trader than the other two. [/spoil]

#2 [spoil]
OT: TF629
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) cant tell
IDno: 48529
EV's: (if known) none (berried off all, only had HP and Speed)
IV's: (if known)31/31/31/31/31/0
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to Thrash About
Ability: Imposter
Level Caught at: unknown
Stats: 237hp, 145 atk, 90 speed, 132 on rest
Location Caught: Unova
Pokeball Caught In: ultra ball
Any other notes?: No ribbons, SPA language tag, Received from same trader as Ditto #3 [/spoil]

#3 [spoil]
OT: JUAN MA
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) not stated again
IDno: 08345
EV's: (if known):none
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Limber
Level Caught at: unknown
Current Level: 20 (received in trade at Lv10)
Stats: 55hp, 30 everything else
Location Caught: Johto
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: no language tag (I am playing on a USA cart with English chosen as language). Received from same trader as Ditto #2 [/spoil]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.