• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
From the very first post in this same thread:
"Smogon's Tips for Simple Hack Checks
General Rules of Thumb for Distinguishing Hacked Pokemon:
Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid."

That statement doesn't mean that Pokemon in Generation III can also be IV 31 all for Calm, Docile, Modest, and Timid. There are 4 IV 31 all possible natures in all of Generation III and IV. And they're all in Generation IV.

I know how RNGing works. There is NO IV 31 all spread ANYWHERE in Generation III, or at least for encounter in Emerald. Ask the guys on Smogon if you must. For Generation IV, yes, there are IV 31 all frames. I use them quite a lot for my RNGing. Not III. At least not in Emerald, which only uses Method 1, which has no IV 31 all frame. For Ruby/Sapphire, it may be possible. I don't know for sure. FRLG? Maybe. Again, don't know. For Emerald? I know it's impossible. Unless there is a perfect spread for Method 1 that the RNG Reporter failed to show because it's like frame 1 billion, then IV 31 all ENCOUNTER Pokemon in Emerald is impossible.

Last edited:

Arbalest

Collector
That statement doesn't mean that Pokemon in Generation III can also be IV 31 all for Calm, Docile, Modest, and Timid. There are 4 IV 31 all possible natures in all of Generation III and IV. And they're all in Generation IV.

I know how RNGing works. There is NO IV 31 all spread ANYWHERE in Generation III, or at least for encounter in Emerald. Ask the guys on Smogon if you must. For Generation IV, yes, there are IV 31 all frames. I use them quite a lot for my RNGing. Not III. At least not in Emerald, which only uses Method 1, which has no IV 31 all frame. For Ruby/Sapphire, it may be possible. I don't know for sure. FRLG? Maybe. Again, don't know. For Emerald? I know it's impossible. Unless there is a perfect spread for Method 1 that the RNG Reporter failed to show because it's like frame 1 billion, then IV 31 all ENCOUNTER Pokemon in Emerald is impossible.
...what?
3rd and 4th gen method 1 is exactly the same, all method 1 spreads are (eventually) possible for Emerald, and for Emerald emulator RNGers 1 billion is a reasonable frame (although I prefer a different method that uses the one time Emerald actually seeds properly rather than waiting for high frames).

Hex Timid is 176,562,489 btw.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Just to be clear about something:

Are there any Legendary Pokemon that defintely, legally, can have optimal natures AND 5IVs+? Like, I've seen numerous Shiny Genesects, Modest + 6IVs. I have a Shiny Dialga, Modest, with 6IVs in a Master Ball (I got it during my Diamond days).

With the advent of 3IV+ Legends from X/Y onwards, plus the dump of Legends that came with ORAS, I've started actually playing with the idea of using Uber Legendaries. It's just so much easier and legitimately possible to get competatively viable Legends. But there are still plenty you can't control (Pixie Pokemon, event-exclusive Legends, etc).

So, of those out of those that can't be caught by your standard 12 year old XY/ORAS player, what event Legends were gifted with 6IVs, and/or Shiny, and/or with variable Natures?

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
Just to be clear about something:

Are there any Legendary Pokemon that defintely, legally, can have optimal natures AND 5IVs+? Like, I've seen numerous Shiny Genesects, Modest + 6IVs. I have a Shiny Dialga, Modest, with 6IVs in a Master Ball (I got it during my Diamond days).

With the advent of 3IV+ Legends from X/Y onwards, plus the dump of Legends that came with ORAS, I've started actually playing with the idea of using Uber Legendaries. It's just so much easier and legitimately possible to get competatively viable Legends. But there are still plenty you can't control (Pixie Pokemon, event-exclusive Legends, etc).

So, of those out of those that can't be caught by your standard 12 year old XY/ORAS player, what event Legends were gifted with 6IVs, and/or Shiny, and/or with variable Natures?
It has to do with RNG. Usually natures and IVs are random, but with RNG, you can decide what you get for IVs and natures. Only certain gifted event legends are shiny: Japanese Genesect, Sinnoh Dragons and Johto dogs (afaik, there might be more). Ofcourse encounter legends can be RNGd to shiny, perfect IVs and correcy nature.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
It has to do with RNG. Usually natures and IVs are random, but with RNG, you can decide what you get for IVs and natures. Only certain gifted event legends are shiny: Japanese Genesect, Sinnoh Dragons and Johto dogs (afaik, there might be more). Ofcourse encounter legends can be RNGd to shiny, perfect IVs and correcy nature.

Rayquaza was given as shiny as well as Jirachi.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
...what?
3rd and 4th gen method 1 is exactly the same, all method 1 spreads are (eventually) possible for Emerald, and for Emerald emulator RNGers 1 billion is a reasonable frame (although I prefer a different method that uses the one time Emerald actually seeds properly rather than waiting for high frames).

Hex Timid is 176,562,489 btw.

Frame 176 562 489 gets Impish, IVs: 27, 22, 27, 4, 11, 11. Emerald always uses Method 1, and its seed is always 0. I RNGed plenty of times in Emerald and the starting seed was always 0, no exception. Unless there's a way to get a different starting seed that wasn't mentioned.

And if this requires emulator RNG, then doesn't it count as cheating? You'll be doing something that's impossible to do by hand.

NitoriAria

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: Nate
OT Gender: Unknown
IDno: 27977
Shiny?: No
EV's: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
IV's: 31/31/31/17/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 100
Stats: 351 HP / 438 Atk / 216 Def / 289 SpA / 217 SpD / 289 Spe
Location Caught: Johto
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
Any other notes?:

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Nickname: Rayquaza
OT: Nate
OT Gender: Unknown
IDno: 27977
EV's: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
IV's: 31/31/31/17/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Air Lock
Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 100
Stats: 351 HP / 438 Atk / 216 Def / 289 SpA / 217 SpD / 289 Spe
Location Caught: Johto
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
Any other notes?:

Looks perfectly fine. 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 is the highest IV spread Adamant nature can get in Generation IV Legendary encounter. HGSS RNG.

Arbalest

Collector
Frame 176 562 489 gets Impish, IVs: 27, 22, 27, 4, 11, 11.
That's 176,652,489, not 176,562,489.
I RNGed plenty of times in Emerald and the starting seed was always 0, no exception. Unless there's a way to get a different starting seed that wasn't mentioned.
It seeds properly when you first start a new game, very useful for emulator RNGing.
And if this requires emulator RNG, then doesn't it count as cheating?
If you ask 100 different people what counts as cheating you'll get 100 different answers, but unless you're a hard core event collector with amazingly rare things to offer (in which case you're probably not using this thread to check your stuff) the best shiny Mew you can reasonably hope for is from a cheat code to activate the event anyways.
You'll be doing something that's impossible to do by hand.
Not impossible, just requires more time than any sane person would spend.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
That's 176,652,489, not 176,562,489.
It seeds properly when you first start a new game, very useful for emulator RNGing.
If you ask 100 different people what counts as cheating you'll get 100 different answers, but unless you're a hard core event collector with amazingly rare things to offer (in which case you're probably not using this thread to check your stuff) the best shiny Mew you can reasonably hope for is from a cheat code to activate the event anyways.
Not impossible, just requires more time than any sane person would spend.

Ah, found it. 2043 days, rounded down, of waiting for that spread to occur. Alright, fine. It IS possible. Technically (who's going to wait 5.5 years, with a capable timer, to try to hit a 1/60 second time zone?).

I suppose it depends on your definition of hacking/cheating. I find this emulator RNG to be acceptable, but barely, as it involves using a cheat to activate the event in the first place, and probably some sort of device/program to get a Pokemon from an emulated game to an actual one.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Actually, 31/31/31/24/31/31 is the highest possible IV total for an Adamant nature. The 31/31/31/17/31/31 spread just has the lowest frames and delay, so most people go for that.

Right. Working off of memory here, and I remember going for shiny Adamant IV: 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 because that was the optimal spread for being practically perfect and does not require an insane amount of frame advancements for Sinjoh Ruins RNG.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: PokéIsland
OT: FACEBOOK
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 12014
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Growth/Magical Leaf/Seed Flare/Air Slash
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: Atk 35/Def 39/Sp. A 49/Sp. D 39/Speed 53
Location Caught: a lovely place
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Any other notes?: 1.) Listed as a Japanese shaymin. 2.) Acquired over GTS. 3.) Successfully transformed with Gracidea. 4.) Why the frell would anybody offer a shaymin for a mightyena? Smells fishy.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: PokéIsland
OT: FACEBOOK
OT Gender: N/A
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Growth/Magical Leaf/Seed Flare/Air Slash
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: Atk 35/Def 39/Sp. A 49/Sp. D 39/Speed 53
Location Caught: a lovely place
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Any other notes?: 1.) Listed as a Japanese shaymin. 2.) Acquired over GTS. 3.) Successfully transformed with Gracidea. 4.) Why the frell would anybody offer a shaymin for a mightyena? Smells fishy.

I'm not aware of any event Shaymin given out in a Quick Ball, which means if this event is legal it has to be a recent Gen 6 Japanese event. If that's the case then it's hacked since events can't be nicknamed without RNGing, which isn't possible in gen 6 as far as I am aware. All in all this is a terrible hack no matter how you look at it. This doesn't match any event from gen 4 or 5 and it can't be RNGed in gen 6 so it isn't possible to nickname it.

GooberTheAlmightyMudkip

I herd u liek me?
I'm not aware of any event Shaymin given out in a Quick Ball, which means if this event is legal it has to be a recent Gen 6 Japanese event. If that's the case then it's hacked since events can't be nicknamed without RNGing, which isn't possible in gen 6 as far as I am aware. All in all this is a terrible hack no matter how you look at it. This doesn't match any event from gen 4 or 5 and it can't be RNGed in gen 6 so it isn't possible to nickname it.

If it's the Oak's letter event, it can be in whatever ball you catch it in.

Edit: nvm, that one was lv 30. its hacked.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Pokemon species: regirock
Nickname: gipsy danger
OT: URALYA
OT Gender: unkown
IDno: 03025
Shiny?: yes
EV's: hp close to maxed out and defense also
IV's: all 31
Nature: impish
Chararacteristic: mischievous
Ability: clear body
Moves: stealth rock, drain punch, explosion, rock slide
Level caught at: lv40
Current level: lv100
Stats: hp364 attack299 defense479 sp. Atk122 sp. Def237
Location caught at: desert ruins
Egg?: no
Pokeball caught in: nest ball
Any other notes: i got this one from wonder trade, when i saw this i thought it was hacked

Pokemon species: keldeo
Nickname: keldeo
OT: something in jananese
Shiny?: no
EV's: 252 sp atk 252 spe 4 hp
Nature: timid
Chararacteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: justified
Moves: aqua jet, secret sword, double kick, hydro pump
Level caught at: 15
Current level: 15
Stats: hp57 atk27 def36 sp atk57 sp def36 spe56
Location caught at: a lovely place
Pokeball caught in: cherish ball
Any other notes: it has a blue pentagon wich makes me suspicious

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
Pokemon species: regirock
Nickname: gipsy danger
OT: URALYA
IDno: 03025
Shiny?: yes
EV's: hp close to maxed out and defense also
Nature: impish
Chararacteristic: mischievous
Ability: clear body
Moves: stealth rock, drain punch, explosion, rock slide
Level caught at: lv40
Current level: lv100
Stats: hp364 attack299 defense479 sp. Atk122 sp. Def237
Location caught at: desert ruins
Pokeball caught in: nest ball
Any other notes: i got this one from wonder trade, when i saw this i thought it was hacked

Pokemon species: keldeo
Nickname: keldeo
OT: something in jananese
Shiny?: no
EV's: 252 sp atk 252 spe 4 hp
Nature: timid
Chararacteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: justified
Moves: aqua jet, secret sword, double kick, hydro pump
Level caught at: 15
Current level: 15
Stats: hp57 atk27 def36 sp atk57 sp def36 spe56
Location caught at: a lovely place
Pokeball caught in: cherish ball
Any other notes: it has a blue pentagon wich makes me suspicious
Since there is no RNGing in gen VI, 6IV legendaries are almost always edited. Wouldn't trust them myself.

Sharingan

Only keldeo that out that have blue pentagon is the poke scrap i think and it name in Jpn (should say ケルディオ )

Status
Not open for further replies.