• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Steel User
Since there is no RNGing in gen VI, 6IV legendaries are almost always edited. Wouldn't trust them myself.

Don't always take that for granted, even if it is a low chance it is still possible to find 5-6 IV Legends, with an extreme amount of luck / patience.
I fave found 2 5IV Legends by SR in OR so far, so it is possible.

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
Don't always take that for granted, even if it is a low chance it is still possible to find 5-6 IV Legends, with an extreme amount of luck / patience.
I fave found 2 5IV Legends by SR in OR so far, so it is possible.
That's why I said "almost always". Sure, it is possible but the chances are very low. If you have the patience to SR your legendary, you won't just give it away on WT, even if it's cloned.

ZiR

Beginner Collector
That's why I said "almost always". Sure, it is possible but the chances are very low. If you have the patience to SR your legendary, you won't just give it away on WT, even if it's cloned.

This! ^

Also, is highly unlikely that you would ever get a shiny pokemon with 6IVs in 6th gen like Regirock, it is much safer assume the pokemon is edited.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou

I give away flawless cloned things on WT/GTS all the time. Just saying.
That being said, the Regirock in question is most likely hacked (or at least it's safer to assume that it is).

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
This is my first time posting in this thread so please be patient if I sound like I don't know much about hacked Pokemon.

My mum was doing some wonder trading last night and she got a shiny Jirachi. I've given it a look over and it doesn't look like a clone of the event, it's a hack. I am wondering if it's a good hack, and is therefore safe. I don't want using this Jirachi to damage my mums save data in any way.

Nickname: Aimee Marie
OT: D-Pad Doc
Exp points: 1,250,000
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
HP: 341
Att: 212
Def: 236
SpAtt: 299
Dp Def: 237
Speed: 328
ID No: 24434
Date Met: 8/7/2014
Where: PC Tohoku
Level Met: 10
Note: Apparently a fateful encounter
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

Like I said, I know this isn't a clone because of the name being in English instead of Japanese and it doesn't have the event ribbon. But is this a dangerous kind of hack that was done poorly, or is it safe to use? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these things.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
This is my first time posting in this thread so please be patient if I sound like I don't know much about hacked Pokemon.

My mum was doing some wonder trading last night and she got a shiny Jirachi. I've given it a look over and it doesn't look like a clone of the event, it's a hack. I am wondering if it's a good hack, and is therefore safe. I don't want using this Jirachi to damage my mums save data in any way.

Nickname: Aimee Marie
OT: D-Pad Doc
Exp points: 1,250,000
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
HP: 341
Att: 212
Def: 236
SpAtt: 299
Dp Def: 237
Speed: 328
ID No: 24434
Date Met: 8/7/2014
Where: PC Tohoku
Level Met: 10
Note: Apparently a fateful encounter

Like I said, I know this isn't a clone because of the name being in English instead of Japanese and it doesn't have the event ribbon. But is this a dangerous kind of hack that was done poorly, or is it safe to use? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these things.

It's clearly hacked, but hacks can't damage your game, so if you want to hold onto it just because you like Shiny Jirachi, there's no problem with that. Just don't trade it around the forums and you should be fine.

FlameWolf

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin
OT: TRU
OT Gender: None
IDno:02089
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) UT (From Looking at Super Training)
IV's: (if known) no clue
Nature: Careful
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 50
HP: 161
Attack: 113
Defense: 107
Sp. Atk.: 100
Sp. Def.: 116
Speed: 109
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: Has Classic Ribbon, Successful transform with Gracidea

Just making sure it's legit and thank you for the help in advance!

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin
OT: TRU
OT Gender: None
IDno:02089
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) UT (From Looking at Super Training)
IV's: (if known) no clue
Nature: Careful
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Unknown
Current Level: 50
HP: 161
Attack: 113
Defense: 107
Sp. Atk.: 100
Sp. Def.: 116
Speed: 109
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: Has Classic Ribbon, Successful transform with Gracidea

Just making sure it's legit and thank you for the help in advance!

That looks like the Toys R' Us Shaymin given out in Gen 4, the Ribbon, Ball, OT, and ID No all match the Event Database and my own Shaymin from the event. Does it have a fateful encounter tag? Checking the IVs either with an online calculator or with the IV Checker in Kiloude City/Battle Resort would be a big help to determine if it's legal. So far, though, it appears fine.

Ghost94

Pokemon Species:Landorus
Nickname:
OT:Cactus
OT Gender:?
IDno:52501
Shiny?:Yes
EV's: 252Attack, 252Speed, 6Hp
IV's:31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature:Jolly
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ability:Sheer Force
Moves:Outrage, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Level Caught at:?
Current Level:100
Stats:320/389/216/221/196/309
Location Caught:Unova Region
Egg?:No
Pokeball Caught In:pokeball
Any other notes?:This is the first time I ever had a Pokemon that was "untrade-able." I don't remember how I got it(maybe in the GTS?), but I cannot trade it through wifi or the GTS and it does not get traded when depositing it into the GTS either. I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that it has its hidden ability.. I'm not sure what the problem is, anyone have any ideas?

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Pokemon Species:Landorus
Nickname:
OT:Cactus
OT Gender:?
IDno:52501
Shiny?:Yes
EV's: 252Attack, 252Speed, 6Hp
IV's:31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature:Jolly
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ability:Sheer Force
Moves:Outrage, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Level Caught at:?
Current Level:100
Stats:320/389/216/221/196/309
Location Caught:Unova Region
Egg?:No
Pokeball Caught In:pokeball
Any other notes?:This is the first time I ever had a Pokemon that was "untrade-able." I don't remember how I got it(maybe in the GTS?), but I cannot trade it through wifi or the GTS and it does not get traded when depositing it into the GTS either. I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that it has its hidden ability.. I'm not sure what the problem is, anyone have any ideas?

This is definitely a hack, the perfect ivs are RNGable through dream radar, but shiny at the same time seems way to good to be true, which it is, considering that you cannot trade it.

Sometimes the game catches hacks itself and will not allow you to trade your pokemon (same thing with battling if the game recognizes a pokemon as a hack) Also when receiving an event Pokemon through online sources and filing can somehow corrupt the Pokemon and make it un-tradeable as well.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Pokemon Species: Giratina
Nickname: none
OT: SciresM
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Neither? White
IDno: 31337
Shiny?: Yar
EV's: Normal - Max. Sp.A + (Att > Sp)
IV's: Flawless
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Draco Meteor / Toxic / Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak (All max PP)
Level Caught at: lvl50
Current Level: lvl100
Stats: 441 / 281 / 276 / 328 / 248 / 235
Location Caught: Soaring in the Sky
Egg?: Breakfast?
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: Also has max appeal with all ribbons to match, + a Hoenn Champion ribbon.

I got this guy off the GTS. You know those people who put up Legends for, like, a lvl100 Bidoof? Well I caught one. I'm PRETTY sure it's hacked, as I saw at least two more of these guys Pop up with the same person trading around. I can trade it, however, and it goes on Pokebank just fine.

Pokemon Species: Palkia
OT: Picnic Table (kidding. It's Japanese)
IDno: 41534
Shiny?: Yussssss
EV's: UT
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of SIESTAS
Moves: Ancient Power / Water Pulse / Dragon Claw / Spacial Rend
Current Level: 47
Stats: No
Location Caught: "Traveled across time and space from Sinnoh"
Egg?: And bacon?
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Got this guy off GTS back in the ol' Diamond days. Always figured it was hacked somehow, but never officially checked. Trades just fine, goes in/out of Pokebank just fine too.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: グラードン (it kept the name 'Groudon' from its original language, japanese)
OT: エンキドウ (apparently it's pronounced 'enkidou'; I used the japanese alphabet to type it down)
OT Gender: White
IDno: 56124
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: None
IV's: 2/10-11/30/19/5/26-27
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Sturdy body
Ability: Drought
Moves: Fire Blast/Rest/Fissure/Solar Beam
Level Caught at: Doesn't mention, most likely 70.
Current Level: 70
Stats: 221/222/244/142/134/149
Location Caught: Doesn't mention; says "Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region."
Pokeball Caught In: Premier Ball
Any other notes?: It was sent to me as I put a normal, uninteresting Kyogre on the GTS. I described my Kyogre under "For Pokedex!" and I received ithis in exchange. I found it suspicious, but from the looks of it, it seems normal... Best case scenario, I would say this shiny Groudon was legitimately caught at Terra Cave in an Emerald copy. I just want to make sure it's not 'dangerous'.

Last edited:

Ghost94

This is definitely a hack, the perfect ivs are RNGable through dream radar, but shiny at the same time seems way to good to be true, which it is, considering that you cannot trade it.

Sometimes the game catches hacks itself and will not allow you to trade your pokemon (same thing with battling if the game recognizes a pokemon as a hack) Also when receiving an event Pokemon through online sources and filing can somehow corrupt the Pokemon and make it un-tradeable as well.

Ok, thank you for the input. I'll just have to let it collect dust then. =p
The funny thing about it is the fact I was originally able to trade for it. I then had it sitting in PokeBank so maybe a maintenance update(to Pokemon Bank) had something to do with it.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Pokemon Species: Giratina
OT: SciresM
IDno: 31337
Shiny?: Yar
EV's: Normal - Max. Sp.A + (Att > Sp)
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Moves: Draco Meteor / Toxic / Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak (All max PP)
Level Caught at: lvl50
Current Level: lvl100
Stats: 441 / 281 / 276 / 328 / 248 / 235
Location Caught: Soaring in the Sky
Egg?: Breakfast?
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: Also has max appeal with all ribbons to match, + a Hoenn Champion ribbon.

I got this guy off the GTS. You know those people who put up Legends for, like, a lvl100 Bidoof? Well I caught one. I'm PRETTY sure it's hacked, as I saw at least two more of these guys Pop up with the same person trading around. I can trade it, however, and it goes on Pokebank just fine.

Pokemon Species: Palkia
OT: Picnic Table (kidding. It's Japanese)
IDno: 41534
Shiny?: Yussssss
EV's: UT
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of SIESTAS
Moves: Ancient Power / Water Pulse / Dragon Claw / Spacial Rend
Current Level: 47
Stats: No
Location Caught: "Traveled across time and space from Sinnoh"
Egg?: And bacon?
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Got this guy off GTS back in the ol' Diamond days. Always figured it was hacked somehow, but never officially checked. Trades just fine, goes in/out of Pokebank just fine too.

Both are hacked. hex-flawless Hardy isn't an actual spread in gen 4 for Palkia and the odds of getting a hexflawless shiny legendary with the rigth nature in gen 6, while better than previous gererations, is still very low. Compare that low rate with the high rate of getting a hack from the GTS and you can pretty safely assume it's hacked.

Also when receiving an event Pokemon through online sources and filing can somehow corrupt the Pokemon and make it un-tradeable as well.

No. As bad as Nintendo's online service is, I have never heard of Nintendo corrupting a file on their server. what most likely happened was an update to the hack-checking feature now spots that Landorus as a hack (which it is) whereas before they didn't catch it.

Ok, thank you for the input. I'll just have to let it collect dust then. =p
The funny thing about it is the fact I was originally able to trade for it. I then had it sitting in PokeBank so maybe a maintenance update(to Pokemon Bank) had something to do with it.

Again, it's probably just due to an updated, and improved hack checker now being able to spot the hack.

FlameWolf

That looks like the Toys R' Us Shaymin given out in Gen 4, the Ribbon, Ball, OT, and ID No all match the Event Database and my own Shaymin from the event. Does it have a fateful encounter tag? Checking the IVs either with an online calculator or with the IV Checker in Kiloude City/Battle Resort would be a big help to determine if it's legal. So far, though, it appears fine.

Thank you for your input! And it definitely has the fateful encounter tag. IVs are 2, 3 / 16 / 4, 5 / 14, 15 / 2, 3 / 8, 9. Checked with both Serebii's and Marriland's IV Calulator.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Thank you for your input! And it definitely has the fateful encounter tag. IVs are 2, 3 / 16 / 4, 5 / 14, 15 / 2, 3 / 8, 9. Checked with both Serebii's and Marriland's IV Calulator.
While it's impossible to be certain it's legitimate if you didn't obtain it yourself, it's definitely legal. There's nothing wrong with it according to the information given, so probably not hacked. Enjoy your Shaymin!

Last edited:

Imponderabls

Trainer/Spy
Pokemon Species: Lucario
OT: Kaylee
IDno: 03039
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Justified
Moves: Reversal/Aura Sphere/Force Palm/Bullet Punch
Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
Current Level: 42
Stats: 124/112/78/103/78/103
Location Caught: Hatched on Route 117
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Any other notes?: I received this in a random Wonder Trade, which immediately aroused my suspicions. It also has the Hoenn Champion ribbon, though, which leads me to suspect that someone may have EV trained it, then went through the League for levels. If it had the wrong IV spread, then a Wonder Trade is not impossible, though unlikely. The fact that it was supposedly hatched on 2/4/14 also bothers me, though this could just be the system's clock set wrong. Can anyone solve this for me?

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Pokemon Species: Lucario
OT: Kaylee
IDno: 03039
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Justified
Moves: Reversal/Aura Sphere/Force Palm/Bullet Punch
Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
Current Level: 42
Stats: 124/112/78/103/78/103
Location Caught: Hatched on Route 117
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Any other notes?: I received this in a random Wonder Trade, which immediately aroused my suspicions. It also has the Hoenn Champion ribbon, though, which leads me to suspect that someone may have EV trained it, then went through the League for levels. If it had the wrong IV spread, then a Wonder Trade is not impossible, though unlikely. The fact that it was supposedly hatched on 2/4/14 also bothers me, though this could just be the system's clock set wrong. Can anyone solve this for me?

Yeah the date is funny, since ORAS wasn't available back at that time, but aside of that everything looks fine, moves, ball, etcetera.

justPeachy

Shaymin Collector
Somehow my in game trades from Pearl ended up having a JPN tag. I know they are not hacks because I got them myself, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could have happened? The pokemons in question are Hilary's Abra, "Kazza" and Mindy's Haunter, "Gapsar". I never looked at them carefully from the cross gen transfers. When I was about to trade them to another in game collector, he asked me about tags, which prompted me to double check. That's when I noticed their JPN tag. Is this normal or a glitch? I knew Meister's Magikarp "Foppa" has a GER tag but not these two. If anyone can help or can enlighten me on what happened, please share. Thanks.

Edit: These were obtained after encountering Meister and getting the upgraded pokedex that has multiple languages.

Last edited:

Imponderabls

Trainer/Spy
Yeah the date is funny, since ORAS wasn't available back at that time, but aside of that everything looks fine, moves, ball, etcetera.

Thanks. I was pretty lucky on Wonder Trade that day, getting a shiny Lapras soon after. I will enjoy having my (most likely) not hacked Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.